RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder > Desperate Times for Darkness > Archive
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-30-2015, 01:49 AM
Don't quit, don't give up

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10534
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Ulciscor
left-aligned image

Ulciscor's hand flew into his own face with a resounding smack at Tira's mention that he would argue his way through the ambush. Immediately he recalled a cardinal rule in life. Never argue with idiots. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. Ah... your right. How could I have forgotten that we COULD always just ask a passerby. Perhaps the tiefling would make a great envoy. Or the dog girl. You yourself would make a calming presences with your... Ulciscor pointed at Tira's armor. Lovely spikes and forked tongue. I would recko....

The half-orcs sarcastic retort was interrupted by the cleric who had had enough of the standoff. Ulciscor listened and remembered the god's words clearly about the not bickering and infighting portion. In a part he did wanted to interrupt and say "Yes he did questioned their purpose. As he still had no idea what they were supposed to do once inside the city." ,but he kept it to himself. Ulciscor stole a glance at Puck and then just shrugged. The half orc was still unsure what to make of Liskart, but he couldn't help but chuckle at it's simplemindedness.

Very well. We'll work as a team. Was the last he said on the subject.

GM for: Korvosa
Old 01-30-2015, 02:27 PM
Cheery haunt

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22824
Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11 Jarl11
right-aligned image
After a thoughtful minute of silence, (although it's possible she was praying... or napping) Tira stands up and makes her way behind the large tree, out of sight for a moment. Hidden under her helmet, which in fact she used it as part of the lining for comfort, was a magical device. A hat that she took from a now dead traveler. This traveller had tried to deceive the unholy knight, to get her to follow the stranger into an ambush. Instead, the Nagaji had followed her off the road and then stabbed the creature. Then after much searching, she had used the hat to impersonate the creature and found his two companions. It was this device that she activated behind the tree.

Walking around the other side of the tree, back to her companions, came a dark skinned traveler. A commoner, yet someone slightly foreign looking. She would be slightly pretty if not for her cleft upper lip. The deformity however was a great mask for the lisp when she finally spoke. "There is much that we do not know of each other. And much I'm sure we would not like to share..." she looks up a Puck as she says the last. "However, suffice it to say that I am not without means of approaching strangers without appearing a danger. I'm sure you each have your own... tricks."

"What action would does your wisdom point us in, cleric?"

Next up: RoW, LoF

Last edited by Jarl11; 01-30-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 03:18 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2368
Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi Plodi
Marrik Gaolborn: Zealot of Huspantas

The young cleric looked over his companions as Tira re-emerged from behind a tree, their new found acceptance of purpose kindling the flickering flame of an idea - a flickering light that steadily grew, stoked by the rich tinder of zealous piety. A small smile quirked up at the edges of Marrik's thin lips, slowly lifting upwards exposing crooked teeth and stretching his waxen face into the rictus of a broad smile.

"The plan has never changed, blessed warrior." Marrik replied. "We shall spread the dominion of Huspantas to all. Those that submit willingly shall serve the lord first in life. And those that refuse shall begin their service in death."

Marrik looked around at the scions of death. It is well that they look to me for guidance, for am I not the hand of Huspantas? And I in turn shall serve them with wisdom and the blessed word.

"As it is writ in the Book of Death and Shadows. And I shall mark my heralds, my scions of death. I will mark them in thought and in deed. For they shall be champions of death. And the faithful will know them for I will stand at their side. For I am shadows and death."

"I ask you, companions. Have we not been marked by, Huspantas? We represent Huspantas for we are his champions on the mortal coil. We shall stand with each other, and so shall Huspantas stand with us."

Marrik slung his bag off his shoulders and over his bald head, slowly levering it to the ground. Kneeling on the road, the young cleric removed his katar and armor and placed them in the bag. His holy symbol was next - unclipped from his belt and laid reverently atop the bag. Standing, Marrik stepped slightly away, his arms hanging relaxed at his side.

"Heralds of Shadow. To ensure Huspantas' dominion of the mortal coil as it is in death, we must first learn where...and potentially when...we are. Still, alerting Bisabu's minions of our purpose before we are prepared could delay Huspantas' ushering in of the next age. A degree of caution is warranted - for indeed death is patient as all things are cloaked in shadow in time."

"The best lies are those that hold closest to the truth, yes? Certainly a man, his dog, and his wife" Marrik gestured to Liskart and the Paladin now in a human form, "would not occasion any wayward comment when arriving in a new town. Particularly if their lack of coin were explained by their having been set upon by a vicious half-orc highway bandit."

Looking back up at Puck, Marrik gestured at the reclining demonling saying, "And you fiendling, I assume that you can stay hidden with Ulciscor while we travel along the road in search of a town to enter?" Looking back to Ulciscor and Tira, Marrik continued. "Tira and I will gather the necessary information and we will meet again on the north edge of the first town we find. Upon our exit from the town, I will pray for Huspantas' blessing to grant us Calling the Flock Home Spella beacon visible only to us. Should we need your assistance in town, the beacon shall call you as well."

"But first," Marrik said stepping toward Ulciscor. "I must appear as if I have been set upon by a half-orc highwayman. Come, Ulciscor. I am an old and weary traveler from whom you have stolen coin." Marrik's eyes took on a fanatical gleam. "Wouldn't you need to beat compliance into that old fool? Marks of a beating consistent with a massive half-orc's fists?"

Last edited by Plodi; 02-01-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:01 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5335
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Puck paid little attention to the human’s ravings. It was a bunch of religious ramblings, some mild insults, and then…wait, what was that last part?

Puck’s eyes shot open and he practically fell out of the tree as he looked down at the others. “Wait, someone needs to beat you up?” he asked with excitement. A devilish smile spread across his lips. “Can I do it? Oh please let me do it. I really really want to do it.”
Old 02-06-2015, 08:12 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Ulciscor
left-aligned image

Ulciscor cringed when Tira came around from the tree. Geesh... you'd think if you had the power to look like somebody else, you'd try to be pleasing to the eye. He shrugged though as ultimately the disguise would do the trick.

The half-orc listened to Merrik's plan. Currently he was broke and didn't have need to go into the city at all so it was all the same for him to stay outside. He never really liked people much. Of course, if they were rich it was different matter. Then he liked them a lot.

The thought of throttling somebody definitely appealed to him, he grinned moronically at the idea. Tha' would work... but don' tell them it was a half-orc. Last thing I need is a bounty on my head. Ulciscor went to take a step towards Merrik and began to wind up, as his fist began to come forward he stopped his fist mid-flight. Something in him was really going to hate himself for giving away this opportunity, but instinct held him back. Or some reasoning. Perhaps it would be best if you just went as man, a dog, and his ugly wife. Don't think adding to the pity story would add to the comfort. He left the fist hanging in the air incase the clergy remained of a whacky mind.

After all was settled Ulciscor spoke up. Ya'll remain on the road and we'll follow you from a distance. Once you get the information we need I'll assume you're travelling to the nearest city. Once there be sure to ask about jobs in the north or jobs on a boat heading north and if discretely about any war rumors.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:01 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Marrik steadily eyed the half-orc before him and the meaty fist still hanging in the air. "Your reluctance to strike the conduit of our lord on this plane does you credit," observed Marrik, nodding with approval. "The lord of all things shall certainly take measure of your piety." Marrik briefly turned to regard Puck half-falling out of his treetop perch, "as he shall for those who deny and defy his dominion."

The young cleric turned back to the half-orc, spreading his hands outward at his sides in a show of non-resistance. "However, you need not stay your hand in this, Ulciscor, for it is not pity that we seek, but a plausible explanation of our lack of coin. While a man, a dog, and his wife may not rouse suspicion, their arrival in a town coinless and bereft without explanation certainly would."
Old 02-07-2015, 09:16 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Ulciscor
left-aligned image

Ok... if you say so... Ulciscor shrugs but a huge grin can be seen spreading in his face as he winds back and then decks the
Dice Non-Lethal Fist Damage:
1d3+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
cleric with his fist.

Last edited by Khalil; 02-07-2015 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-10-2015, 03:14 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Marrik Gaolborn: Zealot of Huspantas

Marrik couldn't help but smile as the meaty fist struck him - the crack of fist against flesh igniting flames of pain, wonderful pain under the Cleric's skin. Collapsing against the ground, Marrik lay in the dirt of the road revelling in the tendrils of agony that licked outward from the spreading bruise even now forming across the better part of his face.

Sitting up, Marrik spat out a gob of blood and saliva, wiping his mouth with his sleeve. The young cleric reached up a hand to the purplish bruise, wincing as his fingers touched the bloody cut of a split lip. He looked at his fingers and then began to laugh - great peals of laughter echoing forth. Marrik doubled over in convulsions, his shoulders shaking in mirth.

As the cleric's laughter subsided, he looked up, his split lip and purplish bruise transforming his face into a garish visage. "Know you, says the Book of Death and Shadows, that I am death, and pain is my servant." Marrik sighed contentedly. "And so through pain do we become closer to our lord."

Climbing to his feet, Marrik dusted himself off and collected his effects: the bag slung over his spare frame, the holy symbol placed out of sight inside a coat pocket.

"Come then, wife." He said to Tira, setting off down the road. "Bring the dog, and let us remake the world in our master's image."

Last edited by Plodi; 02-10-2015 at 03:15 PM.