RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 7th, 2021, 02:41 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29218
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Princess Tuskadero of the Veskarium.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 11:18 AM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26814
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I dunno how many others experience this, but my gut reaction to a character being angry is that I've made the author angry. Lol. I sincerely doubt that's true in this case (would be willing to say "I know that's not the case", but always leave room for doubt). But it makes me want to reload the last autosave and redo the scene! Even though I think that's what T'aro would have said and done.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 11:23 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Ha! Not at all Unko. The insinuation that Eox specifically was seeking some kind of gain was enough to set off Nor though, seeing as he's already on the defensive because of the Corpsefleet attack.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 12:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18571
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
So, Grix would love to get the old robot working again (with Aja's help if she's interested). I guess that might well take more than 5 days? Or how would that be handled?

Regarding the commlink what kind of time investment would that take? And... was it computers or engineering?

Loot: we don't have any unclaimed loot to sell at the moment, do we?
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 01:17 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
The robot, like Duravor's comm unit, is going to be a long term process done in steps. Anyone wanting to try to fix it up over, say, three days, give me a DC 25 Engineering check. Only one may attempt, but aid another is allowed.

The comm link and DC is still described in the Devices thread. One person may make one attempt over this time period, and again, one person may aid.

I believe you divvied most/all of the loot. You are free to sell anything you claimed or previously owned for 10% market value.

Definitely use this OOC to hammer things out!
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 10:01 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I've been meaning to read through the most recent post and see if there's a response ot be had. The last two days have wound up being more demanding than expected, and in largely positive ways. I am quite hopeful that tomorrow I'll be able to catch up on everything, with this as priority 1 or 2, depending on what writing headspace I'm in come morning.

I'd do it tonight, but I think my brain is leaking out my ears.
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 10:21 PM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9951
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Good News! I got my first Vaccination shot today!
Bad News! I feel like crud!

Will have a post up... soon (tm)
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 11:44 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Great to hear, Runetide! You're halfway there. Sorry you're not feeling well though.

I figured this next round of posts would take a little longer than usual since you've all got credits burning a hole in your pocket and there's so many options of what to do. Also, posting what you do over five days can be a lengthy post depending on what you try to accomplish. Don't hassle Chiskisk about membership though--the next game post will be you arriving at the Lorespire Complex to hear what the Captains' Council says.

It'll go pretty much like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMENQeCbxfI
Old Apr 10th, 2021, 11:51 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Also - everyone has permission to throw empty beer cans at me--EMPTY, Khalil. I posted that new info sphere info was up and then forgot to put it up. The new Infosphere stuff is now actually up.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 04:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18571
Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre Blackfyre
I'm hoping for some input from Silk to see if we wanna team up on the robot (and/or the commlink). But I know they are busy, so, no hurry.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 06:45 AM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
I’ll probably take a crack at the commlink (by myself or as assistant), depending on who’s doing the robot stuff. Additionally, for RP purposes, a fair amount of my 5 days will involve performing an autopsy and writing. But I’ll try to squeeze some shopping in there, too.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 11:53 AM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
Hm. So, as I get ready to spend money and whatnot, I realize I've been making some big mistakes with T'aro's Tactical Numbing Beam. It's a longarm, meaning that I'm not proficient with it, and that it's two-handed. And it's 1 bulk, not L. OMG, I really screwed this up. I've been treating it as this one-handed small arm.

I'll be getting rid of it, and hopefully the net ~350 credit loss makes up for me cheating-by-not-reading-the-rules-well-enough that's been happening... =/

Last edited by Unko Talok; Apr 11th, 2021 at 11:54 AM.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
I had not realized that either, Unko, so I guess we're both complicit. That one is from the Armory, not the Core Rulebook and while I own the Armory, I have not read it as thoroughly. Also, most types of Starfinder weapons come in small arm and longarm versions... this one is an exception for some reason.

Before the next chapter reaches any combat, I'm going to sit down and go over your equipment and character sheets carefully to make sure everything's in line. Of course I don't expect any intentional cheating, but this is a new system for most of us and things can get confused.
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 12:42 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4091
Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx Nevynxxx
Sounds good (if daunting!) Ruffdove. I've been using PCGen so it *should* be legit.... but could easily have missed some bits.

I wouldn't mind putting Matsu's engineering to some use, so he'll be hanging around the robot I think and spendning time with Vette getting blind drunk.

On the equipment side, there isn't a level 3 version of the reaction cannon, so I think it's going to be buy a railgun time Need to dwell.

If anyone has ideas of stuff I should look into do shout. Shopping isn't my favorite occupation in real life, it's even less so for RPG characters
Old Apr 11th, 2021, 02:08 PM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
Absolutely no worries if anyone messed anything up, I know nobody's cheating on purpose.

I'll review the equipment lists later this week and see if I have any recommendations. Primary weapon and armor are the two things you should seek to upgrade through either purchase or loot. Just off the top of my head, I think Grix's new pistola is better than the laser pistol she was using. That could let her focus on armor unless Blackfyre has other ideas.