Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Oct 4th, 2020, 04:06 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46300
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Welcome back, Neko! Good to see you again.
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 04:22 PM
Old Hat Cat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1888
Neko Neko Neko Neko Neko Neko Neko Neko Neko Neko Neko
Thanks, Aethera! Good to see you, too! I feel like I've come back home, hehe.

Currently Playing: Radiance, Analise
Old Oct 4th, 2020, 04:30 PM
Peek-a-boo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10759
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Neko glad to have you back on the site. Get your sea legs under you and then get back to gaming!

+
Old Oct 5th, 2020, 02:06 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 505
Baefild Baefild Baefild Baefild Baefild Baefild
Hey all, I think I'm using this thread as intended, sorry if I'm mistaken.

I just wanted to write that I am taking a hiatus from RPGx. I joined at a time when I was looking for a way to add a little more RPG gaming to my life as my in-person playgroups had become inconsistent. I also just wanted to play with some new GMs and players. I really, really appreciated the solo campaign at the beginning. I found some adventure in the West Marches and tried my hand at GMing myself. This experience made me stronger in each of those avenues. So, I want to thank everyone I came in contact with during this time.

I am stepping away because I am finding less time in my daily routine to write posts up to the quality that I expect of myself; and also, I've just found that I think I'm better suited to playing in-person (or over video call, these days) even if that style of play invites some inconsistent scheduling.

This is a great community and you can expect me back should the rhythm of my life support my participation in the future. So, until next time:

Adventure Safely,

--Baefild
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 05:34 PM
Artist & Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4663
roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt
I'm baaaack! Now that I've got a bit more personal time in my life, that means more rpgx. The last three years have been trying but I'm through to the other side.

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 08:17 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34740
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome back to the club chummer!

Glad to hear life has offered you up more time to game with!

What's on the agenda? Are you looking for anything particular, or will you just be lurking a bit before committing to anything?
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 08:41 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Hey, welcome back! I hope you kicked the crap out of life for daring to take you away.
Old Oct 10th, 2020, 01:47 PM
Artist & Warrior

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4663
roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt roninkelt
I think that life and I kicked the crap out of each other. As of 2020, life is still kicking and so am I.
As far as stuff here goes, I think I'd like to get back into running NPSG.

Every time I close the door on reality, it comes in through the windows.
Old Oct 10th, 2020, 02:00 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30522
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
I don't know that I count as either leaving or returning, but here's an update:

I've moved to North Dakota to live rent-free with family while I job hunt, because it was either that or go broke quickly paying rent in Chicagoland. My last day at my former job was August 28, and I've largely spent my days looking for work, fighting with Illinois Unemployment, and playing a little Minecraft when I can.

Hope everyone here is well!
Old Oct 10th, 2020, 02:13 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
I feel you, ronin. So much.

That sounds like mixed blessings, Yb. Anything look promising? I don't think I even know how hard it can be to find work in this economy, freelancing is enough for me.
Old Oct 11th, 2020, 10:33 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30522
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
There is a lot out there, but I'm not getting any bites. The one that hurt the most was finding a position in Fargo that would have been the next logical step even if I hadn't lost my job and having them reject me roughly an hour after getting my resume. My brother's theory is that they had someone already chosen for the position but had to post it anyway for legal reasons.

Further weekend developments: I realized that this is already the longest I've been unemployed since 1993 when I got my first job, and Illinois sent me a letter saying I'd used all my unemployment benefits and was no longer eligible for anything, despite the fact that I've never used them before and never got anything this time. I've also gotten two different debit cards (how IL distributes benefits) from the state, including one that looks like it went out roughly the same time the aforementioned letter did.

I'm a little frustrated right now.
Old Oct 13th, 2020, 01:13 PM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16167
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I missed your return, roninkelt! Welcome back. It seems like your time on the site was probably all during my absence from the site. So, good to meet you! 2020 is a pretty big sunovagun... I hope you keep on kickin', and that the nightmare ends when the clock rolls over... no reason to think that it will on some magical date. But, y'know, I'm gonna cross my fingers anyway.

Hey, Ytterbium! It's good to see you around. I'm real sorry to hear about how 2020 (and the world generally) is treating you. Is it possible that you got hit with unemployment fraud?... My employer had a brief presentation/discussion on it during one of our all-hands meetings. Apparently d-bags have been out in force since the stimulus checks and increased unemployment benefits took effect back in late spring. Unemployment fraud has been going up a lot... IDK if there's any recourse for it, but something to think about or look into?... I wish you well.
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 03:19 AM
Vampire Cat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19192
Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard
Well hello!

Want a new avatar? CLICK HERE!

Last edited by Arucard; Oct 20th, 2020 at 03:44 AM.
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 08:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34740
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome back to the club Arucard!

I see it's been several years since you've graced us with your presence and we're glad to have you back.

I hope things have been going well for you I'm that time!

What's the first order of business? Will you be looking for any games, or will you be easing yourself back into things? The games being played may have changed, but it's pretty much all the same as you left it all those years ago. Well, except the user that runs the caption contest is much more talented, attractive, and humble, than back then
Old Oct 20th, 2020, 11:39 AM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16167
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey, there, Arucard. Good to see you around again. Former staffers unite! Just not on staff.