twitter facebook

Notices

Old 12-11-2019, 12:42 PM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25283
Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem Inem
Alright, sorry for the huge delay on my part, it's been a rough two months, between Iron DM and at one point I wasn't in my actual home office for 3.5 weeks in a row because the schedule was so densea TON of work travel, and it's kept me away for way longer than I was expecting. But Hrani and his paranoia are back! And so are my amazingly horrible skills at rolling well, apparently! Glad you guys had already gotten enough successes. If you hadn't, I might have tried harder to figure out how to justify using my +11 Spellcraft modifier for a check of some sort, but given that I didn't roll higher than a 7, it's not like that would have made a difference. Maybe I should just let ekidnu roll for me next time even if I am around!
Old 12-14-2019, 12:16 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34070
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inem View Post
Maybe I should just let ekidnu roll for me next time even if I am around!
Nah, you're doing it right. Get the bad rolls out of the way while it doesn't matter and save the good rolls for when it counts.

Also, it's great to have you and Hrani back in action!
Old 01-04-2020, 01:06 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
Given that Mara will arrive last to the party, I'll wait for the other PCs to go first.

Also, Happy 2020 to everybody!
Old 01-09-2020, 11:13 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 58373
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Welcome to 2020, or as I call it, the year we finally get out of this frakking chapter.

After this combat, there are no barriers.
Old 01-09-2020, 02:38 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24795
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
This is the longest chapter in the history of chapters, I'm sure of it.
Old 01-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
Welcome to 2020, or as I call it, the year we finally get out of this frakking chapter.
Make it so.
Old 01-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Anyone seen Inem? HEY INEM

Last edited by Sassafrass; 01-10-2020 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:38 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
If it would help, I could roll an attack for Runa?
Old 01-11-2020, 07:53 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
That would be lovely.
Old 01-13-2020, 02:52 PM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
Anyone seen Inem? HEY INEM
What do you want with that fool? Haven't seen him around in a while, but I don't think that's really a loss.

In all seriousness, I've been playing catch-up with life after getting sick over the holidays, but am starting to get back on track and have posted. Still can't roll to save my life in this game though, apparently...

In any case, a belated happy new year to everyone!
Old 01-13-2020, 06:37 PM
Trial by stone!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24795
Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric Cedric
Ugh! I feel you Inem, spent 6 days sick last week and I usually dodge the flu, the last 2 days at the gym had me gasping for air like I was back to phase one.
Was going to use that time to catch up on my to-watch list but ended up binge-playing Disco Elysium, so that's a plus I guess.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:54 AM
Bad Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
Well, rolled another natural 1, but at least two useful enough rolls in there as well, so that Hrani could land an attack. Luckily, the strength poison isn't nearly as much of an issue to him as it might be to others. Just gotta save against it eventually
Old 01-19-2020, 09:40 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
Yuck, I hate poison. My melee characters seem to never save against it. My only 'good' experience with poison was when I played a sorceress--I made the saving throw but the fighter didn't. (Good thing too: I think it was 2d4 Con damage via a reach touch attack.)
Old 01-20-2020, 10:36 PM
/ing fiction from reality

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13383
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Grine when Vutha attacks
Old 01-24-2020, 12:36 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, let's chat. A good chat. A great chat. A chat in multiple parts!

1.) Some of you Discordians already know this, but during the holidays I had a chat with Thorsten. In addition to having a new kid (!), Thorsten is considering coming back to the site in the long-term. The trick is finding the time, because a new kid (!). So, I've left the door open there. We'll do what we do, and carry on, but Runahildr may come back. I decided, based on our conversations, that replacing Thorsten with literally anyone else was a mistake, so instead I've let whoever wanted to, ekidnu mostly, roll for her. I'll roleplay her in the meantime, because we have some meaty stuff going up.

2.) This combat situation did not go as planned because you lot did what PCs do and blew Paizo's planned encounters out the wazoo. So, poor Master Grine never stood a chance anyway, but might have in close quarters, which was my original plan. Alas, it was not to be. So, I think I need to consider some stuff. Thus far, we've come to the point where we have great roleplaying, and some people who are absolutely optimized for certain situations. Mara and Pike are our diplomats, Jamir and Hrani our research fiends, Runahildr our murder matron, and Vutha rounds out the party in most ways. Should I make the DCs more difficult to facilitate a harder game, or should I just let us continue our waltz? You're clearly beating Book 2's DCs, but Book 4 still has you beat, so I don't want to inflate things too much. The final combat of this encounter is perhaps the hardest bit of combat before Book 4 or 6, so I think I'm leaving it untouched. So, thoughts on difficulty? Do we care? (if I'm honest, I'm fine with us just telling the story and me reacting and rebuilding based on what you lot do)

3.) I like the rate we are maintaining. All in favor? We can finish Chapter 5 by... April, maybe? If not sooner. Depends on how quickly we handle things. The trial... deserves its own point.

4.) Right so the trial. As we've said, we don't want to do a whole lot of slogging through a back and forth roleplaying session with each day of the trial, provided there are more days to have. I think a periodic destruction of the prosecution is fine, and of course there are bits to the story you lot don't know and couldn't predict coming, so I have that in my favor. My assumption is this: we get to the trial days, our solicitor assistants roll Skill Challenges, and I write out the whole day's worth of testimony and such in a shortened version that occasionally contains textual back-and-forths to keep things going. This will also allow each character to choose their tone and we'll go from there. Thoughts?

5.) I'm out of ideas. But I'm glad we're moving.