PF-1e Dungeon Runners: Curse Breakers - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jun 12th, 2024, 11:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4962
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Woooo~ I'm excited.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 12:58 AM
Lone Wolf

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9564
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
right-aligned image

Name: Skurvin Blackmane
Race: human
Class: summoner

Traits: ritualistic, convincing liar, diabolic dabbler

Drawback: power-hungry

Description: Skurvin is on the shorter side at five six and does not have an athletic build. He prefers to wear well-made clothes and tasteful jewelry to display his wealth and nobility. He meticulously grooms himself; his short dark hair is always well combed and his goatee short and trimmed. He has sharp dark eyes that pierce through those they gaze upon and a tight serpentine smile.

Personality: Outwardly, Skurvin is a friendly and helpful individual but the truth is that he is a calculating manipulator who is always seeking to improve his position. He sees other people as useful tools to win over, or dangerous obstacles to be removed. While he will always put his own interests first, he is not a fool. He will help his allies in order to keep their loyalty and will not betray them unless the reward is truly worth it, and the risk is low. He understands that he is not a strong person, and so he seeks to use the strength of others to achieve his goals. Those who insult him get put on his mental list and often meet unpleasant ends.

Background: born the third son in a minor noble family, Skurvin was the spare of a spare and as such was given the scraps his two elder brothers didn’t want. Seen as the runt of the family, young Skurvin was often bullied by his brothers and the other high-born children. Skurvin made the mistake of trying to fight them only once. The beating he received taught him a valuable lesson; he couldn’t win playing their way, so he resolved himself to win playing his own way.

He focused on academic studies, spending most of his time in the family library with his nose in books. He perfected his social skills with the staff and learned the value of a favor. He learned how to lie, and how to threaten, not with violence, but with the revealing of their secrets, for he found that everyone had one. The maid who pocketed neglected coins to pay for her sick son’s medicine. The stable hand who had a drug addiction. The butler who had stolen his sister’s undergarments. Soon all became puppets dancing at the end of Skurvin’s strings. But it wasn’t enough. Despite having his minions, Skurvin was still nothing more than the third son of a minor noble. Skurvin longed for freedom and yearned for companionship. That’s when he heard the voice.

She whispered in his ears when he was alone in his bed drifting off to slip. She made many pretty promises of power and love. Skurvin wondered if he was losing his mind, but he answered her, and she began to teach him such secrets. He learned to cast magic. He learned to summon monsters to do his bidding. And finally, when she had earned Skurvin’s trust, she taught him how to perfume the ritual. The spell gave the voice form, and what a beautiful form it was. Blue skin, powerful claws, red hair, she was otherworldly. The two were together at last, and Skurvin wasted no time. Unleashing Kria on his family, he delighted in watching her slaughter them, following his every command. In one night, he went from the spare of a spare, to the sole survivor and inheritor of his family.

It wasn’t hard to stage the entire attack as an assassination. A few fake tears and a heartbreaking story was all it took to convince the authorities that Skurvin was a lucky yet tragic survivor. There were many who approached the young man after that, some hoping to help, others to exploit, all seeking to gain. Skurvin played the game well. Those who were useful, he rewarded and kept close. Those who were an obstacle, Kria eliminated. Now Skurvin seeks riches and power within the dungeons.

Quote: I don’t want friends like me. I want friends who are noble, and good, and just. Friends like that can be trusted and that makes them valuable. I’ll not discard them lightly.
Intended Character Build:Skurvin will be a rear-line sniper with a crossbow who buffs Kria with his magic. He can also be a face for the party if we need one. Kria is going to be a damage-dealing tank that jumps in the middle of enemies and rips them apart

Last edited by Togot; Jun 13th, 2024 at 01:04 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 10:19 AM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 648
Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver Evolver
I have an info thread posted in the game area and so far, I've posted the top guilds in the area as well as common enemies you'll face at low levels. I'll also put in some info about custom items like crossbows that can be fired 3-5 times before needing to be reloaded. I'd post curses, but they vary so much that it would take too long. I can give examples. Some will lower stats like making your Str score become 8 or 10, or one will cause you to make noise anytime you move so stealth with be difficult or one where you have hallucinations or one where your size changes. I have a plethora of curses and awesome items created for this game.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 10:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Woo~
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 11:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
Yas392 Yas392
App completed.

Looking at the info that includes an undead guild, I am reminded of Bloodbowl universe.
Old Jun 13th, 2024, 05:20 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
They might come from a similar world. Perhaps a world full of undead, or maybe they're just not your average undead. That's what I love about it, there's room for a diverse bunch.

Last edited by Evolver; Jun 14th, 2024 at 09:17 AM.
Old Jun 14th, 2024, 06:48 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
There will be a story arc within the game and each dungeon will have a story and add to the lore you'll pick up on. Expect rivals in your fellow dungeon runners, especially when you get good at clearing dungeons.
Old Jun 16th, 2024, 12:51 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
I'm closing this thread Thursday night.
Old Jun 17th, 2024, 05:11 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1245
Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian Cardassian
I don't Envy you. There are a bunch of good apps on here.
Old Jun 17th, 2024, 05:40 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
Yes, it's a burden.
Old Jun 19th, 2024, 01:07 PM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
Choosing players tomorrow afternoon. Get any changes in if you need to. I'll be checking apps today.
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 09:23 AM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
Time to pick players. Here we go!
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 10:08 AM
Evo

Tools
User Statistics
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20835

- triedtherest

- Ermine

- Cardassian

- Togot

- OneDarkness

- Yas392

Thank you to all who applied, it wasn't an easy decision and I had multiple mockups before I chose.
Old Jun 20th, 2024, 10:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Woooooo~