Other Looking to learn Blades in the Dark! - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Players Seeking Games
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 30th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3250
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Looking to learn Blades in the Dark!

Hey hi hello! Uh, like the title says. It's not a game system I see often advertised at all, but it's a system I'd like to learn (as I would love to run a game for some friends (and maybe on here!) of the conversion Eat Trash, Be Free (BitD, but it's Over the Hedge in Smalltown, USA and the Crew are all small animals!))

Ideally, this would be less a full game or campaign, and more of a instructional one-on-one kind of thing? But I'd definitely take a one-shot or the like also. I've watched a number of games played (Oxventure's was hi-larious) but it'd be nice to have that hands-on experience before trying to run a game, you know?
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 03:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 919
separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion separateunion
Indicating high interest for Blades. I’ve only ever participated in a one shot, but I’m currently trying to set up a one shot as GM.
Old Jun 21st, 2024, 03:54 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 47624
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
If there's a potential solo game to be had here, and you need help with setting up threads, I fully encourage you both to check out The Solo Bazaar.
Old Jun 24th, 2024, 08:19 PM
Great Wyrm
Outplay 2023

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6435
squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey squirmonkey
I've GM'ed a lot of Blades in the Dark and its sister systems (Scum and Villainy, Band of Blades, Girl By Moonlight etc). It's one of my favorites, though unfortunately I've found that it's very difficult to get it to work on the site because it requires such a fast channel of meta-communication.
Old Jun 27th, 2024, 03:22 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3250
Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter Verdant Glitter
Let me know if you get one going, separateunion. I'd be down to try if you'll have me, hahah.

And I kind of had that thought, squirmonkey. It certainly seems more designed for uh fast-paced and immediate exchanges rather than PbP, particularly for things like flashbacks. But surely - Surely! - it is manageable in some way!