... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Nov 21st, 2020, 06:45 AM
Rhymes with 'frothers'

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2303
bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers bothers
Yeah, the ultra-sexualised imagery is so depressing. I follow a few Tumblrs that repost character art, and for every 30 or so stripper-with-a-sword portraits, there'll be 1 or 2 reasonable ones. The artists of those immediately go on my Deviant Art/Artstation follows, similar to Astra's strategy.

I'm not above cropping the salacious bits out of a picture if it's possible, like the ones where you've got a woman wearing sensible clothing or body armour on her top half, but just lingerie and heels on the bottom. I don't have much compunction about cropping that stuff out, though finding pictures that were reasonable to begin with is definitely a better strategy!
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 12:48 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 64
farothel
I've been able to find good and realistic pictures quite quickly these days, with only search terms as 'pathfinder female paladin' or similar (depending on the class I need).
Old Nov 21st, 2020, 07:47 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13396
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I wholeheartedly agree with the difficulty of finding pics of female characters not in a bikini. I feel lucky to have found a pic of a woman in plate mail while still looking beautiful and even noble looking for my character Sara who is in fact a noble.

You know, I think it would be a good idea for someone to start a thread where everyone can put all their links and pic's into one thread for future use by the community as a whole.

What do you think?

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: Getting behind / Fri & Sat: Getting behind
Old Nov 22nd, 2020, 01:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12245
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with the difficulty of finding pics of female characters not in a bikini. I feel lucky to have found a pic of a woman in plate mail while still looking beautiful and even noble looking for my character Sara who is in fact a noble.

You know, I think it would be a good idea for someone to start a thread where everyone can put all their links and pic's into one thread for future use by the community as a whole.

What do you think?
I do so lament the passing of the char-portraits Tumblr page. That was a great place for sensible female fantasy character art.