RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-12-2019, 08:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1941
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
My character is complete. I'm sorry that I'm not in a good position to say which of the other characters would fit well in the group.
Old 01-12-2019, 09:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Ya, I'm Complete nothing major to change.

Old 01-12-2019, 10:31 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3556
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Okay.
Old 01-12-2019, 11:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3698
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
If there are any lurkers out there who are new to SR and want to maybe give it a try, I can help with rules, background information, and char gen to bring your idea to life. The best way to learn is to jump in!

Silk's Street Scum start is actually ideal for a new player. It's harder to create the "If you are familiar with 3.5 DnD, you know how that goesperfect" runner and so all characters will be more or less on the same playing field, even if you only have the basic rulebook pdf to look at.

Feel free to PM me if you are interested.
Old 01-13-2019, 12:37 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14579
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Application Completed
Character
right-aligned image
Street Name/Real Name: Xōchipilli / Tlanextli Tuxpan

Metatype(Sex): Human (M)

Intended Role: Face

Origin: Tenochtitlan Aztlan, Former Employee of Aztechnology

Appearance: Tlanextli stands 177 cm tall, with dark cocoa colored eyes, a tussled mohawk the color of bleached coffee beans, and line of tattoos down his chest. Amiable and kind, his grin is ever present, but as they say – the bigger the grin the sharper the knife. Tlanextli has a smooth voice with honeyed tones which greases as many wheels as a pitcher of pulque. He has pierced ears, fingerless gloves, and the punkish attitude to match – a charming quality in the underworld, he’s come to realize.

Backstory:
Life as a SINner: Tlanextli Tuxpan, 155647845AZGGHUR112541, was born into what Runners would call, a sell-out lifestyle. His father was a trash collector, and his mother cleaned floors 3-5 of the Aztecnology headquarters in Tenochtitlan. That’s how Tlanextli got his start with computers and the matrix. His parents would bring home busted pieces of hardware meant for the scrap heap, and Tlanextli would find a way to fix it up and make do with what he had. Thanks to his mother’s connection to the megacorporation, Tlanextli got himself an internship followed by an actual position within the megacorp – a figurative gold mine for people like the Tuxpans. Tlanextli worked at the company for a few years without too much trouble. He climbed the ladder, was making enough Nu-yen that he could afford his own tiny apartment, support his matrixing habit, and even blow some of the cash on fun at a local watering hole. Ironically, it wasn’t his skills as a decker, hacker, rigger or any other ability that make him a success, no it was his charming good looks and smooth talking that made him a success. In a company as large as a Megacorp – skill was useful, but charm – charm could take you all the way to the top. Tlanextli was all set to live his life as a boring nobody surrounded by thousands of other nobodies – slowly struggling to charm his way into being a slightly better paid nobody, but everything changed when he stumbled into something, he never wanted any part of, La Venta.

Someone, or something, at Aztecnology was funneling information through the secure databases at the Megacorps HQ to somewhere in the Sioux Nation, and Tlanextli was the unlucky drone to stumble upon it. He knew he shouldn’t have opened the executable, but he thought it was an erroneous system back up, until it was too late. He sent a ping across nations, one which turned every eye in Atzlan, the Yuacatan, and the Sioux Nation, right at him – right at 155647845AZGGHUR112541. Someone who was better at dealing with these things than Tlanextli may have been able to shut the system down, or quarantine the problem, but that was all beyond the smooth-talking punk wannabe decker. Tlanextli had no time to plan, he had to decide and he had to make his decision fast – he could go north to UCAS or south to Amazonia. There was no surviving this, and if anyone found him before he crossed a border, he knew he was as good as dead.

That night Tlanextli was on his way towards Seattle, even though he had thousands of miles to go. He knew he was burned forever, fallen from the simple life he had as a member of a Megacorp – was as SINless now, his SIN would get him killed in an instant, it was safer to be invisible. Keeping his head down he just kept trundling north – snagging a ride here, flirting his way onto a cargo rail train there, Tlanextli slowly but surely made his way to Seattle, a city where he was hoping he could start himself anew.

A SINless Soul: Tlanextli’s luck has been failing him in Seattle. He was new, he barely had enough Nu-Yen to eat, and no one wanted to deal with this foreign-born sub-par decker. The couple of jobs Tlanextli has managed thus far were barely enough to keep him fed and in a bed – he needed new gear, a permanent place to live, and to make a name for himself, and he wasn’t making much progress at any of them it would seem. He was even considering trying his hand (so to speak) at making a living in the simsense arena, but that would leave him to exposed to the eyes that may still be searching for him. No, for the time being he would have to make do with the freelance work which mostly centered around handing off thing x to person y for payment z, and returning it to place Alfa for a small cut of z.

It wasn’t much of a living, but at least he was free from the eyes Aztechnology and the Sioux – for now.

Additional InfoRole Play Example: He was flying. Soaring through the air. Tlanextli was as free as a bird and everywhere beneath him was the green of the scrubland and the beige of the land. Iztaccíhuatl stood out on the horizon, it’s snow topped peaks reaching up towards the blue sky. Clouds doted the skyline, but it didn’t matter, the sun was warm and the breeze felt good on his amber skin. Tlanextli was at peace as he soared through the air making his way north towards life, towards freedom.

Then all at once it felt like he was being grabbed by a bear, torn from the sky and dragged back to the ground.

Kid, wake up – we’ve got a check point coming up.

Tlanextli opened his eyes though they were bleary and still full of sleep. The troll woman, Sheila, had one hand on the wheel of her rig and another clamped tightly onto Tlanextli’s thigh.

Kid! Sheila shook the boy’s leg, making sure he was aware of the situation.

Her hand fits all the way around my thigh…

Yeah I hear ya.

Tlanextli unstrapped his belt from the seat. He hated this part – Sheila couldn’t stop the truck for him to climb out it’d be too obvious she was hiding something, instead he had to climb through a small hatch in the back of the cab and crawl into the back of the rig. This wouldn’t be too difficult except she was also still driving the rig – and things tended to slide and move at 100 kph. Shimmying his lithe body through the opening he couldn’t help but smile at the troll’s comment, Yeah, get in there little man! Turning his head around he catches a glimpse of the woman’s eyes as he finishes crawling through the opening.

Was she looking at my ass?

No time to worry about that now, Sheila had been a life saver for the young man, and she could look all she wanted – he owed her that much at least. Climbing into one of the crates full of 50 kg bags of coffee, Tlanextli could easily hide in the middle of the palette, he had even shaped one of the bags into a sort of chair shape, to ease the ride.

Ahh. Bumps in the road however, were still pretty painful.

Sorry kid. Sheila shouted from the cab.

A few minutes later Tlanextli felt the truck begin to slow – another check point, probably at the border before they moved into the Pueblo lands. Tlanextli knew that Sheila could only take him about halfway through Pueblo lands, but he’d have to make his own way to Seattle. He would miss Sheila, he’d grown comfortable with he ugly, even by troll standards, female driver, and boy could she handle her rig.

The truck was idle… idle for longer than usual. And Tlanextli nearly jumped out of his skin at the sound of rig starting up again. Tlanextli stayed put – he wasn’t going to move until Sheila gave the all clear.

You can come out now kid, we’re clear.

Tlanextli climbed his way back out of the storage area and climbed back into the seat in the front of the cab. I hope there wasn’t any trouble, that seemed to take longer than the other checkpoints.

Bah, nothing my personality and natural charms couldn’t handle. Sheila smiled a toothy grin at the small tan human male sitting next to her. She’d grown attached to the literal guttersnipe, and while his heat signature had caused her a bit of trouble, it was nothing a stick of a 1000 Nu-Yen couldn’t handle.

Contacts:
Seraphim
Meta: Elf (F)
Profession: Go-go Girl, Mambo’s Bar and Night Club
Relationship: Seraphim was one of the first people Tlanextli had a real conversation with in Seattle. He met her one night at a club downtown, The while he was trying to locate himself a fixer. She picked him out as new in town and tried to get he hands on his… ahem… nu-yen. She was out of luck, he had none to spare, but she was the first one to suggest he give simsense a go, and it was something he had seriously considered for a moment. Hunger is a serious motivator.

Tlanextli has sense made Mambo’s his second home and default office and stays in touch with Seraphim both on and off the clock.

Mambo
Meta: Human (m)
Profession: Club Proprietor
Relationship: Mambo is a good businessman, and a good businessman recognizes talent that he can exploit – and that’s exactly what Tlanextli is to Mambo. A pretty face that’s good for delivery messages – especially to people who don’t want to hear it. Mambo throws a odd jobs Tlanextli’s way and pays him a stick of Nu-yen every now and then and usually comps his drinks. As long as it stays profitable Mambo doesn’t mind that Tlanextli always has the attention of the dancers – as long as everybody’s making him money Mambo doesn’t care.

Sheila
Meta: Troll (f)
Profession: Trucker
Relationship: Tlanextli hasn’t heard from Sheila since she left him on the edge of Pueblo and UCAS, but he never could have made it without her. Hiding in the back of her refrigerated truck was awful, but it got him through some very high security zones and the border – and she was decent enough company when he could sit in the passenger seat in the long stretches of desert highway. All she asked was company and sympathetic ear as she complained about how hard it was being a long route driver and troll and whatever else she felt like complaining about, but Tlanextli owes her his life – a debt he hopes he never has to repay.

Familiarity: I am fairly familiar with the setting and world, but I am only vaguely familiar with the mechanics.

Last edited by wodine; 01-16-2019 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 12:12 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
I'm still here waiting to see who else might post an application to the game. Two days and counting!

Plus some secret feedback for our newest applicant. How do you pronounce Xōchipilli by the way? (mostly for my curiosity) And to everyone who applied, don't forget to update your secret post about who you would like to run with.

Last edited by Silk; 01-15-2019 at 02:57 AM.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:09 AM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14579
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Xōchipilli is the Aztec god of the arts and the word is derived from the Nahuatl xōchitl ("flower") and pilli (prince).

Shawlk - ē - pill - ē

(Like Chalk, but with a Sh instead of Ch) - (hard e) - ( the word pill) - (hard e)
Old 01-15-2019, 10:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
It's a trick. He's a blood mage. Get an axe.
Old 01-15-2019, 11:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 537
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by UngainlyFool View Post
It's a trick. He's a blood mage. Get an axe.
No, he's a dandelion eater in disguise. But still get the axe.
Old 01-15-2019, 03:01 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 168
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
Xōchipilli is the Aztec god of the arts and the word is derived from the Nahuatl xōchitl ("flower") and pilli (prince).

Shawlk - ē - pill - ē

(Like Chalk, but with a Sh instead of Ch) - (hard e) - ( the word pill) - (hard e)
Ya, obviously, just like it's spelled. Ancient Aztec is basically just English-(Spanish+Scots Gaelic)*Irish Gaelic/(Korean^Ancient Egyptian)
Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I appreciate the help. Xochipilli is a cool dude and I like being able to pronounce it right in my head when I read it. I like the Aztechnology angle.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-15-2019 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:38 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post

Shawlk - ē - pill - ē

Okay, so it will sound something like Shalk-E-pill-E. Thanks

I'm like UngainlyFool. I like being able to pronounce it right in my head when I read it too.

Last edited by Silk; 01-15-2019 at 06:59 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 12:41 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2339
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
I think I'm complete?
My timezone is AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old 01-16-2019, 01:57 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Okay, I marked your application down as completed.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:12 PM
Dripping with Alchemy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1555
MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds MoldyNolds
Last minute Submission!
Character Application
right-aligned image
Street Name: Toombs
Metatype: Human Female
Intended Role: Technomancer/Thief
Appearance: Toombs appears to be in her mid-twenties and could readily be defined as "rebellious". Her hair is dyed several different colors at any given time with ear piercings up one ear. Her eyes are red and bloodshot and there is a tattoo of a barcode under her right eye, identifying her as former property of a megacorp at one time. She wears it openly now as a point of pride.

Backstory: Toombs was snatched at a young age from the slums of the PCC by Phoenix Biotechnologies. She was recognized as having the markers for technomancy and PB had instituted a new initiative into research of technomancers they hoped would launch them into AAA status. The program ultimately failed and in the aftermath several technomancers once held prisoner by PB escaped, including Toombs. She escaped and ran North, ending in Seattle where she was able to disappear into the seedy underbelly and begin to probe the life of a shadowrunner.

Roleplay: The perpetual Seattle rain seemed to permeate every inch of Toombs' ragged cloth scraps by this point. She had been scrounging the gutters of the darkest slums for weeks and her malnourished form was visibly weak. She scrambled into a dirty alleyway after a rat; her determination to survive could not be questioned. The rodent made it to a sewer grate before she got her paws on it. Defeated and hungry, Toombs slumped into the grim and contemplated giving up.

"You hungry?"

She looks up, blinking away the rain, and found a stuffershack burger smack-dab in the middle of her vision. Without a thought she grabbed it and gobbled it up, swallowing the bites whole. She needed something in her belly and chewing was only getting in her way at this point.

"There's more where that came from, little lady. What say you come with me and I'll take you to my boss... for an interview?"

Her first need now sated for the time being, Toombs glanced up and took in the person speaking to her. The suit was cheap, but clean and not frayed. He didn't live in the street. And if that was the case, maybe she could claw her way out as well if she went with him? Toombs tooke his outstratched hand and allowed him to lead her away, willing to do whatever he wanted if that meant she had another meal and a bed to sleep in tonight.

Johnny Beans (Mafia Consigliere): Johnny Beans found Toombs near-death in an alley in the streets of Seattle. He took her in and put her to work for La Cosa Nostra doing low-level dirty work. Along with technomancy, Johnny found she had a knack for sneaking, thieving, and forging and she made something of a name for herself with the local Don, although Johnny Beans took all the credit. He has become something of a guardian for Toombs, keeping an eye on her for her safety as long as he keeps reaping her rewards. Johnny treats Toombs like a daughter, protecting her from anything she can't handle herself and while Toombs can't help but continue to be skeptical, she appreciates the safety net.

Farooq (Bartender): This large troll runs the local watering hole that Toombs has begun to frequent, Rook's Gambit. Despite his better judgement Farooq can't seem to help but soften up to Toombs, who he always refers to as simply "Girl", just a bit when she is around. Her surly attitude suits the dark and dank atmosphere he carefully cultivates.

Secret Votes:

Shadowrun Experience: It's been awhile since I've played, but I am fairly familiar with the basic rules, and I own the core rulebook.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fisk.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	78919  

Last edited by MoldyNolds; 01-16-2019 at 07:17 PM.