DnD5e First Time GM - Erilea's Lament - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 03-26-2020, 12:00 PM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
OrianaOleander OrianaOleander OrianaOleander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipulus View Post
At the risk of being pedantic, the ad doesn't say only PHB, it says no UA. While I see some non-PHB subclasses, I'm not seeing anything UA?
Hahah, I'm an idiot. I forgot about Xanathar's. So... Other licensed content is fair, thats cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spizzow
Name: Brokkr Reginn of clan Draupnir
Clan Draupnir? I've heard of this clan, it is said no one crafts gold rings more beautiful than theirs.

Last edited by OrianaOleander; 03-26-2020 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:33 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
JaegerZero JaegerZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrianaOleander View Post
5e, starting level 5, and EVERYONE gets the dwarven encumbrance feature*? You bet I'm interested

Good luck with your first time DMing!

I hate to be that b1tch, but I noticed applicants here are using UA content, which is currently off the table. Are you willing to lean on this, or do you really want us to stick to the PHB? Nevermind, I'm dumb.

Placeholder App
Character Name: Faxanadu Pistolwhip (not a real name)
Race: Probably dwarf
Class: Wizard, Bard, Fighter... Not sure yet
Background: Probably Soldier, maybe Cloistered Scholar

So here are my favorite questions to ask about a campaign:
1. What are the dwarves up to?
2. Is there an Underdark?
3. Do PCs know what the greater threats are? Is there a way to tie our motivations into the plot?
4. Do you believe in love at first sight? Nevermind, don't answer that one.

*Dont be pedantic, you know what I mean lol
1. Dwarves live in Danielle next to the silver lake and are in their opinion the finest crafter in the land. They lay clans to the mountain range from the ferian gap downwards. In dispute with mellisand as they have been found to be mining the mountain.

2. You don't know

3. Roll for knowledge in most cases. And I will try if you tell me the motivation.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:36 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JaegerZero JaegerZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Discipulus View Post
At the risk of being pedantic, the ad doesn't say only PHB, it says no UA. While I see some non-PHB subclasses, I'm not seeing anything UA?

Anyways, I'm interested, so this a placeholder post of sorts. One question:
How optimized would you like characters to be? Alternatively, how deadly is this campaign likely to be?
Deadly..... Mabey after level 8?

Play the character how you want. I don't know how to answer.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1048
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Amos ben Isaac
left-aligned image

RACE: Human
CLASS: Fighter (Battle Master)
BACKGROUND: Faction Agent

DESCRIPTION: Amos is a dark skinned heavy man with greying grizzled hair and beard. He moves slowly, sometimes with a limb and is troubled by pain in his feet (plantar fascitis) and his hands (rheumatoud arthritis) as well as all the other stiffness and aches that come with age. He is still alert and strong willed however, and the old tree may be less supple but its roots run deep.
HISTORY: Amos was an infantryman for the empire, and a good one. Until, that is, he came into contact with this new religion that they had been ordered to put down. He had done brutal and ugly things for the empire but somehow, these people gave him troubled dreams and sleepless nights. He started to question everything he had stood for: duty, loyalty, obedience. And so he started talking to the people, first the captured ones due to be killed and later those still free. And they made sense of the world for him. He became a convert, retired, and started a farm. Now his sons are running the farm and one of the leaders of his faith has come to him and asked him to follow and guard <a person>.

[SPOILER="Point buy stats standing in until real ones created"]https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=84215[/SPOILER]

Last edited by penbeast0; 03-29-2020 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:46 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1153
Spizzow Spizzow Spizzow Spizzow Spizzow Spizzow Spizzow Spizzow Spizzow
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrianaOleander View Post
Clan Draupnir? I've heard of this clan, it is said no one crafts gold rings more beautiful than theirs.
"You've heard right. You'll not find a finer ring anywhere."
Brokkr shakes his head slowly and majestically, making the gold rings in his beard shine, and glint in the sunlight.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:15 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JaegerZero JaegerZero
Quote:
Originally Posted by penbeast0 View Post
[FIELDSET="Amos ben Isaac"]
left-aligned image

RACE: Human
CLASS: Fighter (Battle Master)
BACKGROUND: Faction Agent

DESCRIPTION: Amos is a dark skinned heavy man with greying grizzled hair and beard. He moves slowly, sometimes with a limb and is troubled by pain in his feet (plantar fascitis) and his hands (rheumatoud arthritis) as well as all the other stiffness and aches that come with age. He is still alert and strong willed however, and the old tree may be less supple but its roots run deep.

HISTORY: Amos was an infantryman for the empire, and a good one. Until, that is, he came into contact with this new religion that they had been ordered to put down. He had done brutal and ugly things for the empire but somehow, these people gave him troubled dreams and sleepless nights. He started to question everything he had stood for: duty, loyalty, obedience. And so he started talking to the people, first the captured ones due to be killed and later those still free. And they made sense of the world for him. He became a convert, retired, and started a farm. Now his sons are running the farm and one of the leaders of his faith has come to him and asked him to follow and guard <a person>.

QUESTIONS:
(1) I have based this on the early Christian movement during the Julian emperors of Rome. What would be the equivalent in the empire of your world? The more information, the better I can roleplay the differences.

(2) What are we told about our mission when we start? How do we find out we are needed? I have tried to give a hook about protecting someone (possibly one of the other party members) who might or might not know more about this than I do but that's really just putting off the question to one remove.

Trust me, you'll know what your working to prevent. But it won't be handed on a platter. A friend will direct you to your intent, but won't give you the answer.
Old 03-26-2020, 02:40 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57
Paper Tiger
Nix, Changeling Bardlock Saboteur

Work In Progress
Basic InfoFull Name: Nix
Race: (Half) Changeling (Eberron: Rising from the Last War, p17)
Class(es): Hexblade Warlock 2 / College of Whispers Bard 3
Background: Faction Agent
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality Trait 1: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
Personality Trait 2: I change my attitude and personality to blend in with the people around me.
Ideal: Purity. I fight to destroy the evil which corrupts our world.
Bond: I owe the Brotherhood of Ash a great debt for forging me into the person I am today.
Flaw: I am haunted by memories of my first assassination mission.

Appearance
Getting Ready in the Morning is so Darn Complicated!

left-aligned image
Nix
right-aligned image
Castien

Height: 178 cm
Weight: 58 kg
Body type: Slight frame, lean and fit build
Eye Color: Pink
Hair Color: Light silver
Hair Style: Side part with side fringe
Complexion: Ghastly pale
Distinguishing Marks: Long scars on nose, upper lip and left eye

Attire:
Coming soon

left-aligned image
Delrissa
right-aligned image
Skullcleave

PersonalityComing soon

BackstoryComing soon.

Notable NPC
NAME RELATIONSHIP
Paik Identical twin brother
Thane Korvaz Rival
The Brotherhood of Ash Trusted ally
The Sleepless Bitter enemy

Stat Block
left-aligned image
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
right-aligned image
Nix
Changeling Traits

Ability Score Increase: Charisma +2. The chosen ability score is Pending.

Shapechanger: As an action, you can change your appearance and your voice. You determine the specifics of the changes, including your coloration, hair length, and sex. You can also adjust your height and weight, but not so much that your size changes. You can make yourself appear as a member of another race, though none of your game statistics change. You can't duplicate the appearance of a creature you've never seen, and you must adopt a form that has the same basic arrangement of limbs that you have. Your clothing and equipment aren't changed by this trait. You stay in the new form until you use an action to revert to your true form or until you die.

Changeling Instincts: You gain proficiency with two of the following skills of your choice: Deception, Insight, Intimidation, and Persuasion. The chosen skills are Insight and Persuasion.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and two other languages of your choice. The chosen languages are Goblin and Infernal.

Warlock Patron: The Hexblade
Bard College: College of Whispers
(Half) Changeling Warlock 2/Bard 3
Passive Perception 11 Initiative +0
Languages Common, Elvish, Goblin, Infernal
Background Faction Agent {Many organizations active across the world aren't bound by strictures of geography. These factions pursue their agendas without regard for political boundaries, and their members operate anywhere the organization deems necessary. These groups employ listeners, rumormongers, smugglers, sellswords, cache holders (people who guard caches of wealth or magic for use by the faction's operatives), haven keepers, and message drop minders, to name a few. At the core of every faction are those who don't merely fulfill a small function for that organization, but who serve as its hands, head, and heart. As a prelude to your adventuring career (and in preparation for it), you served as an agent of a particular faction in the world. You might have operated openly or secretly, depending on the faction and its goals, as well as how those goals mesh with your own. Becoming an adventurer doesn't necessarily require you to relinquish membership in your faction (though you can choose to do so), and it might enhance your status in the faction.Safe Haven}
Character Sheet

Old 03-26-2020, 03:38 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
Carver Carver
I'd like to put a character forward for this

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Dianthus
Race: High Elf
Class: Bladesinger Wizard
Background: Entertainer

I'm envisioning a dancer trained in a lost art of sword wielding combined with magic, who makes her living as a dancer and wants to make the world a better place.
  • Trait - I change my mood or my mind as quickly as I change key in a song.
  • Ideal - Beauty. When I perform, I make the world better than it was. (Good)
  • Bond - I idolize a hero of the old tales and measure my deeds against that person's.
  • Flaw - A scandal prevents me from ever going home again. That kind of trouble seems to follow me around.

I hope that's something that might fit into your game. Good luck to everyone looking to join.
Old 03-26-2020, 05:47 PM
Back after 4 years

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1198
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Malkir the MagnificentCharacter Name: Malkir Fimblewop, Goes by the grandiose title of "Malkir the Magnificent"
Character Race: Forest Gnome
Character Class: Thief Rogue, despite his claims of being a powerful wizard.
Character Background: Charlatan
Details: A 'magician' who relies on brilliant tricks and clever illusions to supplement his almost total lack of magical ability.
From a young age, Malkir has always been fascinated by magic. His greatest wish in life was to be the greatest magician ever walk the land. Malkir will do whatever it takes to achieve his dream, even if he has to fool the world to do so.
Old 03-27-2020, 09:39 AM
Auribus Teneo Lupum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1411
Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli
Hmmm interesting.

Placeholder! Done with the initial concept, hope it appeals to you! Thought of a hook that could be related to this Armageddon you've got planned. If not, it's fine as a possible side quest as well. Tell me what you think and I'm open for suggestions/constructive critique.

When's the deadline for applications?

Character Application
right-aligned image
Strength demanded respect for Burzlog Frostfang. As a Barbarian 3 (Bear Totem)/Druid 2 (Circle of the Moon)barbaric half-orc who lived amidst the chaos and dangerous wastelands in the wild western plains, strength meant survival; for only the strong could truly thrive in those barren lands. That is, until he and his tribe were driven from their homes by some kind of eldritch blight, that sapped the life out of all that lived and breathed in the forest. Most of his people managed to escape with their lives, but it was only a matter of time before the disease spread and would again reach them.

Now, Burzlog sought help from the eastern kingdoms to investigate and end the plague; with luck and a little help from new friends, perhaps he could give his people a fighting chance...

Last edited by Zwingli; 03-27-2020 at 09:38 PM.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JaegerZero JaegerZero
Gonna go over applications tomorrow. So mabey then
Old 03-28-2020, 03:27 AM
Timehopping 🌹 Gunslinger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 264
OrianaOleander OrianaOleander OrianaOleander
Current Applicants List:
Player NameCharacter NameRaceClassBackground
triedtherestSsithiss SnakebloodYuan-TiSorcerer4 Cleric1Pirate
TybAetmal SarjeonHigh ElfRogue5Charlatan
SpizzowBrokkr ReginnMtn DwarfBarbarian5Folk Hero
penbeast0Amos ben IsaacHumanFighterFaction Agent
Paper TigerNixChangelingWarlock2 Bard3Faction Agent
CarverDianthusHigh ElfBladesinger5Entertainer
NevrendMalkir FimblewhipForest GnomeRogue5Charlatan
ZwingliBurzlog FrostfangHalf-OrcBarbarian5Outlander?

I think I am gonna bow out on this one. But if anything happens and you need more players, please feel free to PM me. Happy gaming!
Old 03-28-2020, 05:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JaegerZero JaegerZero
Nevrend
Carver
Paper Tiger
Pen Beast0
Spizzow

Please crate character sheets for the campaign. Any world building questions please post and I will answer. Any deities will be either Norse or Nordic creatures plus bahamut, tiamat and the raven queen

Craft guild the Melisande crafter's conglomerate. The place all crafter's go to learn skills.

Faction agents... We may need to custom them as didn't account for them
Old 03-28-2020, 05:03 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
JaegerZero JaegerZero
Thankyou to everyone else who applied if all goes well ibhope to play with you soon
Old 03-28-2020, 03:58 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 104
Zangul Zangul
When is application due by?