Old May 27th, 2019, 08:51 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
degroove degroove
Character creation

Question about character creation (for my first character):

I know where to find the character profile to create, but I am confused as to where to log my rolls to record them in a way that they can be verified. I do understand the syntax of the DICE command, but it seems you are not supposed to record your rolls in the text of an application thread.

So where do people record their creation rolls before before submitting the character sheet application for a new campaign?

For example, I want to submit an application to the Mines of Madness:
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=162044

Does my question even make sense?
Old May 27th, 2019, 09:46 PM
Eternal Bard

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41152
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Hi Degroove, welcome to the site! Yes, your question makes sense. This issue is really up to the GM. Often, you simply don't make any rolls until you are accepted into the game. At that point, your GM would provide you with a forum where you can make your rolls. In the game you linked, you don't HAVE to roll, that's just one of three options. If you're interested in applying to the game, I'd suggest responding to the ad. You can ask the GM in that public response, or via secret text (use the "SHH!" button in the bar above the reply box) in that post, or send them a private message, asking them where and when you should make your rolls, if you want to use that method.

It's usually not good form to pre-roll stats (that would be easy to game, hiding some rolls while revealing others), nor is it good practice In the game you linked, people ARE doing that, though it's generally discouraged on the site - if the GM says it's OK, then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯to roll in the application thread (ditto with being able to hide stuff). You can build the main details of your character (class, race, level, background, etc) for the application and then determine stats when the GM wants. The stats and mechanics are easy, once you've got all the rest of that stuff set.
Old May 27th, 2019, 10:05 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 128
degroove degroove
Very clear! Thanks for the explanation.
Closed Thread