: +

Notices

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 10:52 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
beanscream beanscream
Just another introduction post...

Hello all! You can call me Bean. I am new to 5e and rusty at older versions of D&D. I recently discovered play by post and am looking forward to finding a game to join - with a DM who has patience. I also genuinely enjoy writing about almost anything, as finding new buds on the internet. See you around!
Old Sep 21st, 2022, 10:57 PM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25609
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey there, Bean! [Sudden, horrific, high-pitched screaming]

Welcome to the site. You'll definitely find plenty of 5E games on site. It's got a lot of advantages as a system. And I've found that a lot of GMs are patient-- you'll find one, given time. And we have a New Player Solo Game (NPSG) tutorial that is specifically meant for new member of the site, and can be a great way to learn the ropes of both DnD5E and Play-by-post.

Glad to have you here! If you've got any questions, please let us know. We're happy to help.

Come play or watch Iron DM 2022
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 02:57 AM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19960
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 05:01 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32886
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Bean,

Welcome over here and patient DM present!!! #me Just check out the continuous recruiting games and you will find two games that accept every player signing up in the waiting list thread :-)
Besides that, being curious, what triggered you to find a RPG site and what made you decide to sign up?

Last but not least, what was the last character you played?

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 08:36 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5959
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Hey Translated from Shadowrunner speak as 'friend' or 'pal'. A general friendly greeting.Chummer, welcome to the site.

I too highly recommend checking out the New Player Solo Game in the main forum's Solo Games/New Gamers folder. There are 13th Age, Call of Cthulhu, DnD (3.5, 4, 5), FATE, Pathfinder (1), and Travelers many game systems to pick from and once signed up, you will be paired with a patient and helpful GM that can help show you the ropes of how to do things at this site. They can also be an excellent person to ask any questions to while you are getting up to speed on things.

So, have you ever wanted to run in the (Shadowrun)Shadows in an alternate version of the world? Or ever be a member of the space organization of explorers in the Starfinder Society?

Anyway, enjoy your time here and let us know if you have any questions.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 02:14 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51767
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Yeah, but it's YOUR introduction post, so that makes all the difference.

Welcome to the site, Beanscream! Don't stop with this post...keep posting and keep exploring.

Looking forward to seeing you around the boards.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 10:10 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9620
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy Beanscream,

So, is that VanillaBeanscream? I'll tell you something, I was new to the D&D 5e system just a few short years ago. My favorite system was always AD&D. Yes, I'm an old timer. But 5e is quickly becoming my favorite. It harkens back to the old days when it wasn't so much about the system as it was about the system's flexibility. That's what 5e is.

So, tell us a bit about your likes and dislikes. What is your favorite genre (horror, fantasy, historical, etc.)? What is your favorite character class? Do you have any funny stories from past adventures to share? Feta or brie?

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for about a year and a half now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 09:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6487
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Bean! I hope you enjoy PbP and find a few games on the site. I definitely recommend taking chocoladevla up on their offer of those continuous recruiting games, and that New Player Solo Game is such a great way to get started!
Old Sep 23rd, 2022, 08:22 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82293
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

THanks for joining us, and bringing your rust. Our pet rust monster was getting peckish, so... just step over to the corner, and shake it off. She'll appreciate the snack.

Happy gaming!