Notices

Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 09:47 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
ColdinD ColdinD
New User Intro

Hi I'm ColdinD. Fairly new to dnd but I like to think I've got a decent grasp of 5e's rules. A player at my table suggested rpgcrossing for a fairly decent dynamic character sheet, and here I am.
Old Oct 3rd, 2022, 10:28 PM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 31764
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
And here you are! I will be honest, I am not the biggest fan of our character sheets vs. a lot of the other 'prettier' options out there, but they do work. In PbP gaming, systems are important, but generally not as forefront as when playing at the table. Instead, we dig a lot more into character development and roleplay. It's a slower pace, but lets you avoid those pesky scheduling conflicts that in-person games are often plagued by. In any case, welcome to RPGX!
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 12:10 AM
The little chicks go peep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19960
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site!
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 01:21 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51767
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Welcome, ColdinD!
So what do you like putting on those character sheets? What’s your favorite class and race to play?
Play by Post is a great chance to try out new classes…plenty of time to check their abilities and spells before a move, or just to pause and think of what action you want to take. Hope you enjoy exploring the site and I look forward to seeing you around the boards!
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 08:31 AM
Victree-Belle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25609
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Hey there, ColdinD! Welcome to the site. I used to live in Indianapolis, which people would shorten to "Indy." I don't think it's all *that* cold in Indy. But some did. Anyway, I doubt that's what your username is referring to, though. Surely you're cold in Dubai.

Anywho, whether you just use the character sheets or stick around for plenty of PbP roleplaying, I hope you enjoy the site. Let us know if you have any questions! We're happy to help.

Come play or watch Iron DM 2022
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 09:01 AM
Psalm 144

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5959
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Hey Translated from Shadowrunner speak as 'friend' or 'pal'. A general friendly greeting.Chummer, welcome to the site.

I highly recommend checking out the New Player Solo Game in the main forum's Solo Games/New Gamers folder. There are 13th Age, Call of Cthulhu, DnD (3.5, 4, 5), FATE, Pathfinder (1), and Travelers many game systems to pick from and once signed up, you will be paired with a patient and helpful GM that can help show you the ropes of how to do things at this site. They can also be an excellent person to ask any questions to while you are getting up to speed on things.

So, have you ever wanted to run in the (Shadowrun)Shadows in an alternate version of the world? Or ever be a member of the space organization of explorers in the Starfinder Society?

Anyway, enjoy your time here and let us know if you have any questions.
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 09:56 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6487
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcom, ColdinD! Glad you're checking out the site and PbP. You'll be able to find a bunch of games running 5E, and that New Player Solo Game that Kenjitsu mentioned is a great way to get started and get working with one of those character sheets!
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 06:57 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9620
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy ColdinD,

Tell us a bit more about your likes and what you are looking for. Do you DM at all? Do you play in other RPG systems? Brie or feta?

If you are looking for a place to be creative, this is it. That's the thing about PbP, it's a slower pace but it provides an opportunity to really get creative. There is some dynamic story telling going on here, much more dynamic than the character sheets.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for almost two years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Oct 4th, 2022, 07:03 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 82293
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

glad you joined us... we love newbies to DnD. they have such fresh imaginations! Hope you enjoy gaming here and stick around a long, long time.

Happy gaming!
Old Oct 6th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
ColdinD ColdinD
So to answer a few questions

I've been entirely a player as yet, though I may try my hand at running a few one-shots at the table or some pbp fifth-edition games here.

My favourite class is Wizard, full-stop. Wizard is simply my favourite tool through which to interact with the world of DnD. My Dm has challenged me of late to play more non-wizards, so I'm slowly weaning myself off of full-caster character progression, currently running a cleric, a paladin, and a third-caster entirely homebrew class my DM dreamed up.

Lineage is always a tossup between what suits a mechanically, though I very much like the Vedalken when available.

The look of the character sheet doesn't throw me off too badly, I like the clean self-updating nature of it, and the small default font sized are perfect for my uses. Though yeah, I've definitely used far cuter character sheets.

5e is the only thing I know, really, and playing multiple games a week is hard enough as is w/o adding more game systems for now.

Currently Irl I play in 2 campaigns with the same core group. Dungeon crawl. Just finished a months-long character arc for one of our players in which: We saw their previous s/o's father's member in giant oil-painted glory, repeatedly bullied tf out of this s/o(bumbling npc to the max, except they were also the bbeg of the arc), and dismantled the cult of Therizdun. We're going through a little refresher campaign in the same setting with lower leveled characters before we return, and deal with some of the emotional fallout of all this.
Old Oct 6th, 2022, 06:54 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 51767
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
That sounds like an engaging ongoing campaign. Keep an eye on that cult!
Old Oct 12th, 2022, 07:02 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32886
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goomdorning ColdinD,

Welcome over here and cool to see you are already posting and feeling at home :-)

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ standard weekends offline ~