Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > Roleplaying Experiences
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 21st, 2020, 09:31 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46300
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Completed Games Fan Club! (Discussion)

Like it says in the Completed Games thread, it can take years to complete a game in play-by-post, so when they are completed, we should celebrate them! That thread is to keep a list of the games, while this one is to enjoy them!

If you check out any of those games, keep in mind that you can nominate them for the Hall of Fame each summer (until they win, of course), but you may have to do some digging or community outreach to find the right sort of pieces that will show off the game.

So, without further ado, congratulations to everyone who completes a game!
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 07:43 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68004
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Admin Ronar completed his epic quest of Desert Sands. I'll try to find some more info for you later.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 01:25 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Let's see if we can get him to post the details? Ideally I want to give GMs the spotlight, not make a bunch of posts myself (though given RC's schedule, I will in this case).
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 04:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13060
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
I have a couple that are still running but have definitely had generational storytelling.
Out of all my games I've run over the years, I consider these the ones that "completed" one way or another.

I'll review these to make sure they fit and then write something when I can.

2007 Labyrinth of Madness - A classic adventure that ran for over a year and finished with a party win.
2014 Fate of Diaspora - An experimental Fate Game. Ran for a year two and ending in my only TPK.
2015 - Descent A Dragon's Tale (Technically suspended between stories since 2019)
2009 - The Abduction of Good King Despot A fun classic that a couple of groups ran through.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 06:36 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 68004
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Name: Desert Sands
DM(s): Ronarscorruption
Last/Final roster of Players: Ronar, Aosaw, Foggyknight, Gath, myself.

Former players: Nightstalker, and many others...

The party typically consisted of 5 semi-permanent PCs: Nibdelas, Nymthraz, Garig, Jake, and Koma, but most of them were played by multiple people during the run.

Ronar brought together seasoned, veteran players, and integrated fresh, new players into the game at the same time, just what you want from an inclusive, open-armed game.

While players have come and gone, many of their PC's remain, fixtures throughout. It had mages and minotaurs, rogues and ice princesses, elven queens and reincarnated demi-goddesses. Sometimes, we seem to fight ourselves more than the bad guys, but through it all, Garig and Koma and the dozen manifestations of Jake, Nymthraz, Nibdelas, Nikta and Mana stumble their way to the final confrontation with Brauava, the great dragon.
Old Jul 23rd, 2020, 11:28 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Looks good to me, Dirk. Go post it in the other thread!
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 05:51 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4389
4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger 4eyedBadger
This is a great idea! Thank you for setting it up. I just posted the game we finished last month in the thread. Sorry if I got a little wordy. If it’s too long let me know and I’ll trim it.

Last edited by 4eyedBadger; Jul 24th, 2020 at 05:52 AM.
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 01:18 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Not wordy, not at all! Every GM deserves to tout their game a little. It sounds like a great game, I clearly have started an "Aethera's Reading List" thread.
Old Jul 24th, 2020, 11:12 PM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16238
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I read through your post this morning, 4eyedBadger. It was inspiring! I think that some games have those really touching or epic moments like the ones you describe (freakin' love the Valkyrie scene). But it's got to be so much more fulfilling when you have a game like that and it reaches its conclusion! Thanks for sharing it with us.
Old Jul 29th, 2020, 03:17 PM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16238
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Double-post, but there's a new set of completed games, and I wanted to show my fan-ness. My faniness? No, no. Definitely fan-ness.

My experiences of gaming with ronarscorruption/RonarsCorruption/Admin RonarsCorruption have been limited. And they were universally waaay back, when I was a much more unreliable player. I'll spare the excuses, and just say that those experiences were always great, and I regret that they were so short.

Desert Sands sounds like such a wonderful campaign, despite its problems. I love the idea of campaigns that have themes from the Arabian Nights, with genies and wishes and fiends and similar magic. The teasing of a sequel to that set of adventures is so darned tantalizing!
Old Aug 3rd, 2020, 06:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4957
anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac anamiac
One of the admins, I think it was Hvageek ran a game where over twenty first level characters entered a dungeon, got to third level, then fought a dracolich. I think it was called Vault of the Dracolich? It wasn't built to be a long game but it was a lot of fun.
Old Aug 4th, 2020, 05:22 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
Hvg3akaek just posted it in the Hall of Fame nominations, actually. I should bug him to copy it here, or just do it for him.
Old Aug 13th, 2020, 11:09 PM
Half-Orc Ranger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5639
Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer Stormhammer
My Cthulhu game has been going strong since 2011. We will finally be wrapping up once the current storyline is finished.
Old Aug 20th, 2020, 11:12 AM
Druid of the Coast

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24478
Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan Bhelogan
Would you consider a game complete if you were doing a published adventure, and after a few years wrapped up at the end of the first off two acts? I did this with an Out of the Abyss game.
Old Aug 21st, 2020, 02:55 PM
Iš! Iš! Aethera fhtagn!

Tools
User Statistics
I'm not sure, Bhelogan. Are you done playing that game, or are you going to continue? That's really what feels "completed" to me.