Old 08-01-2020, 08:46 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Karanyr
new player

hey everyone!

I played and Dmed VtM for years but life got in the way, and now i would like to pick up my loved hobbi again I am interested in DnD too, and i would be more than happy to try it out as a player. I would consider myself as a "new" player as i am rusty with the rules and editions.

Thank you very much!
Old 08-01-2020, 10:18 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30032
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You won't find a lack of D&D5 around these parts, it's the hottest game around. But to give credit where it's due, Vampire is the most popular world of darkness game by an order of magnitude and it has almost as devoted a following as my beloved Shadowrun.

Don't worry about rusty new either. That's what the new player solo game is for! You'll select one of six systems and you'll be assigned your own private GM Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recommend them to you highly enough.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 08-01-2020, 11:12 AM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65542
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

glad you joined us, we have a ton of D&D fans here. It is a great place to shake out the rust, too... plenty of time to look up rules, even ask questions, before having to take an action (and write). I think you'll like it.

happy gaming!
Old 08-01-2020, 11:55 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Karanyr
thank you very much!

i would love to jump in to a new player solo game, maybe vtm would be better for start but i don't see anything about it, i assume if i earn the rights for it (4posts trial) my assigned DM would be able to make something nice
Old 08-01-2020, 12:44 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65542
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Unfortunately, we do not have a New Player Solo Game for Vampire... As the program is run by volunteers, the focus has been on the more popular game/systems.

There may well be some VtM GM's who would be willing to take you under wing, and give you a solo adventure, however... There's a lot of fans... just not enough to volunteer for the NPSG area.
Old 08-01-2020, 01:04 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Karanyr
Quote:
NPSG area
can you please tell me what npsg means

no worries if there is no vtm at the moment
is dnd5 beginner friendly? as soon as my yellow drops i would like to send my aplication for a beginners solo game
Old 08-01-2020, 01:14 PM
Dragoonies never say die!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3029
AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon AnotherDragoon
Welcome, Karanyr!

5e is probably the most accessible version of D&D to date. And, with that post you'll shed your yellow in about 30 minutes So dive right into that new player solo game. The volunteer DMs are top notch and its the most fun way to learn the ins and outs of the site. In the meantime, poke around. There's so much to see and do here, have fun!
Old 08-01-2020, 01:18 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Karanyr
yayyy
i don't even know where to start that is the thing, i feel like a kid in a toy and candy shop and my parents told me you can have everything
the hype is real ladies and gents
Old 08-01-2020, 02:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30032
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
NPSG = New Player Solo Game

You can find a link to them, and the games over there at the link here

Dont worry about where to start, just take your time and ask as many questions as you need!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 08-01-2020, 02:41 PM
-.-- --- / .... ---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3125
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hey, Karanyr! Welcome to the site.

I play in a 5e game with one other player who is looking to start up a VtM game. I'll send them a message so the two of you can connect ... maybe you're the critical mass the game needs to get rolling!
Old 08-01-2020, 03:22 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Karanyr
sweet!
i will msg you about it
Old 08-01-2020, 04:42 PM
AKA HotSatsuma, HotSuma

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4449
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site! Like Imveros says, you can get yourself going here as quick or as slow as you like. There's always various games recruiting, and other activities in Open Roleplaying that are always open. And feel free to ask if you have any questions at all.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:44 PM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13869
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Welcome to the site Karanyr! I'm a little bit late to the party, and everyone seems to have been great about answering your questions. So I'll just say that I hope you have a wonderful time here! Play-by-post can be a little slow sometimes, but it's a great way to game, IMO. If you've got any questions, let us know! We're happy to help.
Old 08-02-2020, 07:34 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Karanyr
thank you very much i used to play pbp and in traditional ways as well and i find the pbp bit petter as it is a lot better if someone has little time or a tight schedule or don't even live in the same country it has more freedom