twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2019, 09:15 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5677
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Skyfire
Elinor nods and leans outside. "Lamya, you and Fathom go scout. You see ANYTHING that looks like a redcap, you hightail it back here and we'll know the tip is good," she instructs. "Make sure you aren't seen. It's the river, so between Fathom's water-stuff and your invisibility you should be good."

Fathom nods. "Gotcha. We'll split up, cover more ground. C'mon sharpshooter." She stands up and heads off.

"Let me out," the redcap insists, shaking again. Elinor shakes her head. "Not hardly. We'll see if you're lying to us first."
Do no harm, take no guff.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:11 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13524
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Surely ya na lyin', leadin' 'em inta a trap. 'Cause for one, I doubt it'd work. And for another, if ya are lyin', being crushed an' mangled inside a suit o' armor like that's a really bad way ta die. Very painful, I'd imagine, and I'd na want that ta happen after ya won ya freedom. 'Course if ya are lyin', it's na too late ta take it back," Michelle cautions the redcap, Skill mastery insight of 28listening for any wavering in his voice that might indicate he's been less than honest.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:49 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast WhovianBeast
Skyfire
"Sewer by river," the Redcap insists, growing more agitated.

"Volunteer your own body to have a monster crushed inside it," John growls.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:33 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
"Oh don' worry, I'm sure there's a hose 'round here somewhere," Michelle teases. Just the imagery was all she was after, enough to stir the redcap's imagination and let it take care of scaring him for her. Usually one's own imagination can be their worst enemy in such times. "I believe 'im," she says to Elinor, leaning against a wall to wait for the scouting party to return and confirm it.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:55 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Skyfire
It's about an hour before they return. "Saw some scraps of woolen fabric and smelled rotting meat from inside the pipe," Fathom reports. "Not much else that could be."

The redcap stirs. "I get out," it insists, practically vibrating inside the metal shell. Elinor rolls her eyes. "You'll get out, alright. John?"

The armor grunts and the redcap stops for a moment, a wet splurtch coming from inside as blood begins to drip down from the cracks.

"Eew. I meant let us take you apart," Elinor clarifies.
"He had already killed," John says, helmet turning toward you. "Better to kill him before he hurt a human again."
Old 08-15-2019, 08:01 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Michelle nods as Fathom reports her findings, it would seem the redcap was truthful after all. Self-preservation could be a powerful motivator, especially when no other options were going to present themselves. She turns to Elinor with some curiosity when she says she's going to let the redcap out, and then towards John when he kills the very redcap she promised clemency to, her expression livid. "What the hell do ya think you're doin'?! I promised ta let 'im loose in th' woods if he told us where th' nest was, an' ya killed 'im anyway? I gave my word he'd go free! I know that don' mean a damn thing ta you, but it does to me!" she yells, leaning towards him with golden fire creeping from the corners of her eyes. It might seem strange that she's so angered about the death of a murdering monster, yet it's very clear she's very angry. She's no happier with Elinor, interpreting her words as an order to kill it, but she'll deal with her next.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:11 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Skyfire
John's hand reaches over his shoulder to his sword hilt, though he doesn't draw it, merely continue to stare you down as he squares himself to you. "Then I will bury him in the woods," he growls. "You should have known better than to give your word to a monster. i have met more killers, more monsters than many men; I know them almost as I know myself. He would never have settled for game, not when he thought he was free. Better I kill him than learn he has killed a woman, a child, an old man. You did not go back on your word. You are guiltless in this; you could not have stopped me, you did not know I would kill him."

"Ooookay, let's settle down a little bit," Fathom says, stepping bodily between you and John with her arms stretched out. "Everyone just take it easy."

Last edited by WhovianBeast; 08-15-2019 at 08:12 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 08:30 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Don' argue semantics wit' me, ya never had any intention o' lettin' 'im go. But you let me offer th' deal anyway," Michelle growls back, casting an accusing glance at Elinor as she does so. Monster or not, a deal's a deal, and she had her own way to enforce compliance. She never said which woods, and leaving him in dense woods far removed from any remote trace of civilization would do, and if the game there fights back or hunts him, the problem should resolve itself just fine. A minor detail to some, but not to her. This was outright treachery. "You used me,"she says with an angry glare, stepping back as Fathom intervenes.

Last edited by PalladiaMors; 08-15-2019 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:02 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Skyfire
"Yes." John steps back as well.

"I didn't know John was going to kill him," Elinor clarifies, turning toward you. "But you were WAY outta line to offer him freedom and actually mean it without checking it first. What part of the job title 'monster hunter' made you think I let them go at the end, huh? This isn't sunshine funtime happy land heaven, you can't reform monsters. He had so much innocent blood on his hands it literally stained his hat and your plan was, what, relocation? He's not a f***ing wolf who got too close to humans, he was a murderer. How about we spring all the people from death row while we're at it!"
Old 08-15-2019, 10:04 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
Michelle's glare doesn't subside as she regards Elinor, she's already written John off as far as ever working with him again. The hunter though needs a few words. "D'ya truly have no idea who ya talkin' to? I've been doin' battle with demons, monsters, an' humans who put 'em both ta shame for thousands o' years. I offered freedom ta one in order ta find th' rest for us ta kill," she says to the woman, holding up a finger for emphasis. "An' it worked. Ya could've interrupted me an' started cuttin' body parts off until he talked at any time but no, ya'd rather throw a fit about my methods after ya got what ya wanted. I've na illusions, that's why th' deep woods was gonna be in the most remote part o' Siberia where he'd never see another human," she fires back, gesturing in that vague direction. "Cause ya right, monsters'll always be monsters. Some o' us just make an effort ta not be just like 'em. Speakin' o' which," she continues, turning back to John. "We're done. Don' ever ask for anythin' from me again. Enjoy th' hunt ya bought with a fraud, I can't in good conscience be a part o' it now," she concludes as she turns to the others, holding her hands up and stepping away.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:28 PM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Skyfire
"How dare one lie to save lives," John says dryly.

"Why is letting him freeze and starve to death better than a metal spike?" Elinor counters. "Just because you don't have to watch him die with the last one? You were lying to him the whole time, you never intended to actually give him someplace he could LIVE."

Fathom rolls her eyes and sighs exasperatedly. "Oh, shut up!" she calls out loudly. "Just shut up, everyone! Jesus, it's like you're all five. John, you can shove your sudden moral philosophy back wherever you found it, you're dripping all over the floor. Elinor, c'mon, we're all adults, how about we act like it and lay off the mocking, huh? And Michelle, I get wanting to live with clean hands, but killing monsters is why we're here. I don't really see the problem with lying to a stone-cold killer monster so that we can get the rest before more people die, especially if you didn't really mean to lie in the first place."

She waves her hands. "Now, can we all smile and act like we actually tolerate each other? No storming off, no reaching for swords, no snide remarks about how many more monsters you've killed or tracked or whatever. We've got a job to do, and we're gonna do it, or more people are gonna die. Blood cries out for blood and all that. How about it, hm? I'm not asking for an apology, cause we'd be here all day, but we've gotta work together if we want to get this done without anybody else getting hurt, including us."

Elinor sighs and crosses her arms. "Fine. But she can't go promising monsters their lives, that's like rule zero."
Fathom motions for her to be quiet. "Alright. Michelle, are you good with that?"
Old 08-17-2019, 07:06 AM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
"Don' mistake my offer ta let that one live for mercy, I'd every intention o' killin' every one of 'em in that nest. But findin' that nest came with a price, a price I commited ta payin'. An' maybe you don' see a problem wit' skippin' out on it, but you're all, or were human. It's na th' same for us, somethin I wish someone would consider just once," Michelle answers, her expression still angry. Someone who had spent more time around her might recognize it as a culmination of a lot of anger that's been building since this mission to Earth began. As it is John and Elinor find themselves on the receiving end, though her words to John were earnest. She should have gone with her initial instincts rather than what Samael told her of him, it's a reminder that she needs to resume that policy. "If na for th' threat that nest o' things presents ta th' people here I'd warn 'em myself that ye were comin', considerin' th' deal that bought it's location was spit on an' broken. I'm still tempted. So let's go kill 'em before I change my mind," she says in a low tone, turning towards the direction where Fathom and Lamya reported the nest.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:17 AM
Entirely Ridiculous

Tools
User Statistics
Skyfire
"That price was in human lives," John remarks, before falling back and bringing up the rear.

OoC: Aaaaand scene. Yo ucan keep up your beef with John some other time, this segues perfectly into the timeskip for chapter 18 whereupon you spend the next week-ish hunting down monsters.
Closed Thread