Prologue: Crowd Control - Page 12 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #166  
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 09:37 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The group managed to locate a suitable spot and settled in for the night. Though they were a combination of nervous and excited about their task, the night was calm, and the countryside quiet.

--------------------------

The next few days passed quickly for the group, as they walked, chatted, and passed the time as bored soldiers always have between battles, by getting to know one another and swapping ridiculous stories.

Finally, late one afternoon as they were beginning to contemplate
Dice Alain Perception:
1d20+7 (15)+7 Total = 22

Dice Iyani Perception:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8

Dice Tayrren Perception:
1d20+9 (19)+9 Total = 28

Dice Mikayla Perception:
1d20 11
looking for shelter, Tayrren noticed a strange looking branch that stuck out of a tree ahead and to the left. Suddenly the branch moved and he realized, at the same instant as Alain (who was walking ahead), that it was an arm holding a bow! An ambush!



OOC InstructionSuprise Round! Everyone roll initiative, but Tayrren and Alain can take a standard action if they roll a 12.

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 9th, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 10:06 AM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,343
MIkayla had missed the second nights performance mostly due to the wrangling with her parents about her imminent departure. Once thr group is on the road she is more than happy to have company on her cart as her faithful, if a bit dim, oxen pulls. "Ah've never taken a watch afore. What's all involved with that?" She asks in her own townsfolk sort of way. She looks back into her cart and sighs softly wondering if she'll ever be able to settle somewhere and be a blacksmith or if her future will be vastly different from anything she's ever known.

She takes out her personal journal and begins writing into it. "Day 1: I am Mikayla Smith and this is my journal. I have attached myself to a wandering group of singers and minstrels as their magical assistance. So far we have just been traveling along the road. The singer Iyani is very pretty . . ."
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 12:47 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
Iyani was riding in the cart with Mickie as a beautiful looking bush bearing some white flower caught her attention, causing her to fall victum to
Dice Initiative:
d20+2 (13)+2 Total = 15
the ambush.

 

Last edited by kaylara; Apr 9th, 2014 at 12:53 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,233
 


 
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old Apr 9th, 2014, 05:54 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
Dice initiative:
1d20+5 (14)+5 Total = 19


Instinct kicked in once Tayrren had identified the ambush. His first thought was to dispatch the target swiftly in case others might be near by. He knew he had a fairly clear shot from where he stood but instead decided to attempt closing some distance first.

oocMove 20 feet diagonal north east as I draw my gun. Move ends in BM68.

Last edited by ManicMonky; Apr 9th, 2014 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 09:19 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
left-aligned image




Tayrren had time to think something like 'oh shi.....' as three more bowman at popped up from behind a log, thirty feet in front of him. He finished his thought as the three of them
Dice Left Bandit Shoots At Tayrren:
1d20+4 (13)+4 Total = 17

Dice Middle Bandit Shoots At Tayrren:
1d20+4 (9)+4 Total = 13

Dice Right Bandit Shoots at Tayrren:
1d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
loosed arrows at him.


The closest bandit almost
Dice Damage on Tayrren:
1d8+1 (5)+1 Total = 6
drove an arrow deep into Tayrren's chest, but the arrow
Dice %20 Miss chance for Tayrren:
1d100 10
glanced off the tiniest of branches sticking out of the tree. The shot deflected enough to send it past Tayrren's ear instead.


Simultaneously, the first bandit
Dice First Bandit Shoots At Alain:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
shot at Alain, and caught him in the instant before he shifted into a fighting stance.


The arrow
Dice Damage to Alain:
1d8+1 (5)+1 Total = 6
buried itself into Alain's shoulder. It looked like the arrow itself was preventing any serious bleeding. Though in pain, Alain was still able to fight.

OOC InstructionsAlain has a standard action, then the Initiative Order is
Tayyren
Iyani
Ambushers
Alain
Mikayla


Last edited by Adamah; Apr 10th, 2014 at 06:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 10:23 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
Iyani watched at the arrows flew and one strike her companion. She redies for combat with her Glaiveas as she grips her holy symbol, Let beauty shine thru the darkness of battle. A wave of energy hits everyone within 30' of Iyani and wounds Channel Energy - Healing
Dice healing:
d6 3
begin to close.

 
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 01:21 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 20th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,343
The entire thing was a bit of Initiative
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (6)+1 Total = 7
surprise for Mikayla, but once she realized they were under attack she calmly concentrated on her most recent discovery. Her hands moved in good gestures and her voice was solid. "Magic Missile!" The bolt of force unneringly flies from her hands and Damage
Dice Roll:
1d4+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
into one of the BL 74attackers.

 

Last edited by Ysolde; Apr 10th, 2014 at 01:25 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 05:16 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,233
As Alain gets hit by the arrow he spits a curse in rage, he then moves closer to the ambushers and off the road to get a better shot.

OOCAlain moves to BK69


 
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old Apr 10th, 2014, 11:19 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
Years of military and combat training were reflected in an instant as Tayrren did not even flinch with the arrow missing him by only inches. With the additional attackers making themselves known, the odds were technically against them. But he was not worried yet; he knew that at least three of them had superior training compared to a band of thugs.

He took aim at the closest target and squeezed the trigger on his musket. A deafening explosion tore across the open field as the bullet raced toward its target.

He then reaches into his bullet pouch to retrieve hus next round and loads it into the barrel with ease.

oocformatting from phone is hard so i am rolling here.

Archer at BL74.
Dice attack:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12

Dice damage:
1d12+1 (6)+1 Total = 7


 

Last edited by ManicMonky; Apr 11th, 2014 at 06:16 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
right-aligned image


The assailant ducked down at the last second, causing Tayrren to narrowly miss him. Immediately after, Iyani's divine magic washes over the group. The arrow pushed itself out of Alain's shoulder, and the wound began to knit itself, as Alain exited the crossfire.

Not wanting to allow him to escape, the two leftmost archers
Dice First Shot at Alain:
1d20+4 (17)+4 Total = 21

Dice Second Shot at Alain:
1d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16
fired at Alain, while the third
Dice Shot at Tayrren:
1d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16

Dice 20% Miss Chance:
1d100 42
targeted Tayrren. The furthest archer, who took note of the divine magic,
Dice Shot at Iyani:
1d20+4 (10)+4 Total = 14
fired at Iyani.

All four of the shots
Dice First Alain Hit:
1d8+1 (7)+1 Total = 8

Dice Second Alain Hit:
1d8+1 (5)+1 Total = 6

Dice Tayrren Hit:
1d8+1 (8)+1 Total = 9

Dice Iyani Hit:
1d8+1 (5)+1 Total = 6
struck true.

Tayrren's luck didn't hold out this time as the arrow wound it's way through the tree branches and into his chest. Iyani took a nasty hip shot that needed immediate attention.

The worst hit, however, was Alain, who took an arrow to the gut. As he bent over in pain, the second arrow hit his head, punching in one cheek and out the side, near his ear. He immediately dropped to the ground, twitching and bleeding.

Though in pain, Iyani saw the horrific wounds and knew if he wasn't healed in less than half a minute, he'd be dead.

Fury written on her face, Mikayla blasted a magic bolt towards one of the attackers that shot Alain, blackening his arm and eliciting a curse of surprise.

OOC InstructionsOuch, painful round. Keep in mind that I use concealment, cover rules so use the terrain to your advantage. It's Tayrren's turn.

Initiative
Tayyren
Iyani
Ambushers
Alain
Mikayla

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 11th, 2014 at 03:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 04:36 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
Iyani just about buckled over at the hit. She stood there for a moment at reality struck. This was the first time she ever been shot and it hurt very badly. Not wanting to be shot again, she quickly BL67moved for cover.

Once she was behind the tree completly, she one again
Dice channel:
d6 5
channeled her healing ability to heal the party once again, hoping it will be enough to save her friends life.

 

Last edited by kaylara; Apr 11th, 2014 at 04:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
Alain was still unconscious, but Iyani's healing magic pushed the arrow out of his head and closed the wound. His breathing stabilized and he quit shaking.

OOCAlain is now at -3 HP and stabilized
Tayrren is at 6 HP
Iyani is at 7 HP
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 10:02 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
Perhaps his confidence was a bit higher than it should have been as the second arrow pierced deep, and hit something obviously vital as his vision dimmed to nearly nothing in an instant. He shook his head though, and somehow just managed to pull though before Iyani's magic gave him a boost of health.

He dropped prone realizing that it would be that much harder for the enemy to hit him with their bows. He took
Dice attack roll:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
aim once again at the
Dice damage:
1d12+1 (7)+1 Total = 8
same target and another burst echoed across open area. He reached again for another bullet and loaded it into his rifle, preparing for his next shot.
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old Apr 11th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
left-aligned image


*Twack*, the bullet bounced off the fallen tree the three bowmen were using for cover. Confused by the relentless hammering of Tayrren's bullets and the sudden appearance of a magic user, they split their fire between
Dice BL 75 Shoots at Tayrren:
1d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9

Dice BM77 Shoots at Tayrren:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
Tayrren and
Dice BL74 at Mikayla:
1d20+4 (7)+4 Total = 11

Dice BN82 at Mikayla:
1d20+4 (15)+4 Total = 19
Mikayla.



Tayrren's abrupt change in orientation spoiled the aim of the two bowmen, and they both fired their arrows into the ground just in front of him.



Mikayla, however, got
Dice Shot 1 Damage on Mikayla:
1d8+1 (5)+1 Total = 6

Dice Shot 2 Damage on Mikayla:
1d8+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
hit much harder. Her leather apron was scant protection against the arrowheads, and she slumped over unconcious, two arrows sticking out of her body.

OOC InstructionsWelp Since Alain and Mikayla are both unconscious but not bleeding out, nothing need be done for them until next round. So action's back to Tayrren.

Initiative
Tayrren
Iyani
Ambushers
Alain
Mikayla

Last edited by Adamah; Apr 11th, 2014 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:17 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB