Prologue: Crowd Control - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 02:14 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
Iyani kept a
Dice Perception:
d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
sharp eye out as they met up with the underclassmen. Iyani takes a moment to brief the underclassmen.

Ok, here's what we need you to do. Break of in pairs and cover the small alleyways. Alian and myself will move to the center and begin a speech and performance to keep the people occupied. This should give Alistar ability to move thru the crowd and flush out the fugitive.

Tayrron will perch at a vantage point to cover Alistar just in case some non-lethal long range support is needed. We can use standard hand signals for communication and remember, refrain from lethal force.


As Iyani gave the orders, she couldn't help but wonder, Hmm, will this end poorly? Should we have used our numbers as a show of force to push co-operation? There's no turning back now. Oh, why did he choose me for this role anyways...

Last edited by kaylara; Mar 11th, 2014 at 02:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,233
"A blunderbus isn't much long range support...at most he can watch out for trouble but it may be best that one of the underclassmen be on watch for both of them as they move through the city...commander." Alain advises while he stands beside her in a military fashion. He kept looking at each of the underclassmen with a look of confidence to reassure them if they had any doubts in their minds. Then
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (1)+7 Total = 8
looking back over the area.

 

Last edited by Vaerdis; Mar 11th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 02:57 PM
zerocool zerocool is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2014
RPXP: 37
zerocool
Posts: 14
As Iyani issues orders to the underclassmen, Alistair takes a moment to
Dice Perception Check:
1d20+2 (18)+2 Total = 20
scan over the crowd, trying to locate the fugitive. Taking care not to attract attention, he
Dice Stealth Check:
1d20+3 (7)+3 Total = 10
wanders around the edges of the square, seemingly observing the quality of the craftsmanship it took to construct the village. As he passes each pair of Cadets covering the surrounding alleyways, he gives a slight nod, hoping to receive some help in locating the fugitive before he enters the crowd.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 07:49 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The group of would be riot police looked at the crowd, which appeared to be gathered around a portly third year, who was haranguing them to "turn on the oppressors." For all intents and purposes it appeared to be working, as the square was starting to exude an ugly atmosphere.



 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 12th, 2014 at 07:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,233
 


Alain steps up in the town square by the well and begins to sing towards the leader, if he pays attention, the mob should too...if the mob pays attention to me I can talk them out of this without any violence...

 
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 10:28 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
right-aligned image









The rabble rousing third year
Dice Will Save:
1d20+4 (20)+4 Total = 24
paused for a half second. His face then turned red, and he pointed an accusing finger at Alain, bellowing at the top of his lungs:



"The interlopers are seeking to silence me with vile magic, if you have love for this country then don't let them succeed!"



The crowd then turned with murder on their faces. It looked like Alain's plan was about to backfire on him in a very bad way...



 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 12th, 2014 at 10:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Mar 12th, 2014, 10:55 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,233
That piece of trash hates singing it seems. While his mind was filled with disgust towards the appointed rouser Alain has no time to speak to the people since the deck was so stacked against them. He takes a step to the right and conjures a patch of grease underneath four of the crowdmembers, "This is magic song hater!"

 


 
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:08 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
Iyani could see that things were going south quickly. As she At i-10stood next to Alain, she held out her hands in a non-threatening manner as she looks to Alain to get ready to back her up with his instrument.

Iyani thought to her self, Now if only those guards in the back moved up a bit, the others could sneak in behind and drag him away.

Hold up a moment, where's the love going, would you use love with violence? That is not the correct way. Shelyn would be upset as such a thing. as she attempted to calm the crowd using her
Dice diplomacy:
d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
diplomatic skills.

We priestesses at the temple of Shelyn have a song for occasions such as this. It begins with... as she began to trail off
Dice perform-sing:
d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
into singing, hoping to captivate some of them and lower their anger.
 

Last edited by kaylara; Mar 13th, 2014 at 12:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 09:30 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
left-aligned image








At Alain's conjuring, four of the "townsfolk" began to slip and pinwheel their arms in a rather comical fashion, ultimately falling on their faces.


This angered the remaining crowd, who began to surge forward just as Iyani started to play. Though the music didn't soothe them, it did cause them to become confused. One soldier attacks them with spells, the next hosts a concert for them? What in Tar-Baphon is goin' on?


They then decided to proceed along a time honored middle course and pulled a quite impressive selection of rotten fruits and vegetables from hammer space maybe?seemingly nowhere, and began to pelt the two.


Behind them, the guards trade amused glances with one another and shifted a little closer to their leader.


 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 13th, 2014 at 09:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 11:48 AM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
It was a decent little town. Very basic and typical in its layout and construction. Tayrron nodded at the suggestion that an underclass man was the spotter whuch freed him up to mingle in the crowd. Still, he chose to remain on the outskirts of the group.

As the performance began, a sick feeling came into his stomach. The target had the crowd on his side already and the first few moments of Alain's work did not seem ti go well. This won't be easy any more, he thought. He needed to get closer somehow but did not want to be obvious. It was good there was a building near which he could hopefulls sneak around.

oocstart at f19

I will double move around the building to my front right. The plan is to get to the side of city hall to sneak around the corner.

I will attempt to hand signal to the others my plan as discrerely as possible. Is there a roll you would like me to make?

Dice Stealth:
1d20+1 (6)+1 Total = 7

Last edited by ManicMonky; Mar 13th, 2014 at 11:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
Tarren gave what he hoped was a discrete hand signal to his compatriots, then casually walked around the building, as he attempted to avoid attention.

 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 13th, 2014 at 03:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,233
Alain deftly avoids the rotten produce, he whispers to Ayani loud enough for her to hear as he looks for a way our of the crowd, "Commander...I have one more trick I can do before there is any actual fighting...I need to get up closer to the target."

 


 

Last edited by Vaerdis; Mar 13th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 04:54 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
Iyani attempts to
Dice reflex:
d20+3 (14)+3 Total = 17
Dice perception:
d20+4 (17)+4 Total = 21
dodge the rotten food and gracefully evades it as she spotted something out of the corner of her eye as she attempted to win back the
Dice perform:
d20+2 (7)+2 Total = 9
audience, but it appeared to have no effect. The look of, Here we go, exactly what we didn't want. crossed herface.

 

Last edited by kaylara; Mar 13th, 2014 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
right-aligned image







When he reached the corner of the building, Tayrren peaked his head around the side and saw that the guards had tightened up their formation around the speaker, but were wholly concentrated on the drama unfolding near the fountain, amused expressions on their faces.



As Alain and Iyani dodged the produce while still managing to play an acceptable tune, they peered out into the crowd and saw someone they both recognized. His name was Reginald Branson, and he was a little piece of work third year. Coming from a rich family, Cadet Branson didn't even try to pretend that everyone was as good as him. He walked around the academy with his nose in the air and treated everyone under him like dirt. He got away with it too, because his family gave so much money and he never caused enough problems to warrant expulsion, he was just an infuriating arrogant annoyance.



And right now it looked like he was holding a sizable rock, getting ready to throw it.







 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 14th, 2014 at 12:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 03:12 PM
zerocool zerocool is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2014
RPXP: 37
zerocool
Posts: 14
As the crowd approaches Alain and Iyani, Alistair hopes to add to the distraction (or at the very least, distract the mob from pelting his comrades). He retreats a safe distance and casts Dancing Lights, conjuring a faint, humanoid figure as close in resemblance to Cadet Branson as possible. The figure initially appears right beside the agitator to the North, then makes its way towards the crowd until it approaches Cadet Branson, upon which it takes the same position as the Cadet - rock in hand and ready to throw. Then the figure slowly starts to fade away.

 

Last edited by zerocool; Mar 14th, 2014 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Typographic errors
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:11 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB