Prologue: Crowd Control - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 05:11 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,234
Alain sees the cadet ready to throw a rock, not wanting to waste his last strong spell that could end this thing, he casts Ghost Sound in the midst of the crowd (E 12) that screams in a woman's voice, "STOOOOOOOOP!" With the intent of the mob giving some pause in confusion.

 


 
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 07:47 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
Iyani could tell that things were about to go from bad to worse. As she sang, she worked in a few divine words as a mist began to flow and encompass them.

OOC Iyani casts Obscuring Mist (from her) to protect them and mask the confusion in an attempt to keep all attention to them so the other can carry out their task.


 

Last edited by kaylara; Mar 14th, 2014 at 07:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 07:58 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
Good, they are distracted well, Tayrron thought as he peered around the corner. But that tighter formation could be an issue.. maybe from the roof.. The was little time for him to think things too far ahead, but his plans didn't seem to need much elegance as an ear piercing scream issues forth from somewhere just before a cloud of fog envelops Iyani and Alain.

He wasn't sure who had screamed, but it could be just what he needed to move in. Tucking his head and hustling across to the next building, Tayrron decided to wait to see what the guards reactions were before scaling the building.

OOCMove to -C17. I believe this should take me a double move (35 feet).
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 08:26 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
left-aligned image






The combination of haunting screams, ghostly forms and unnatural mists further provoked the agitator, who turned toward his guards and pointed to the fountain yelling:





"Get them!"




Almost as one, the group recognized the agitator and guards as some of Branson's lackeys and yes men. They knew that if they got ahold of them, the beating was going to hurt.



A lot.





 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 14th, 2014 at 08:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 08:18 AM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
This was it, exactly what Tayrron was hoping for. With no guards to protect him the target was within striking distance. Rounding the corner he drew his gun, leveled it, and and said, "Surrender and we can end this with nobody needing to be hurt."

oocSingle move to -A14, drawing my weapon as part of my move. I will hold my standard action to attack if the aggressor attempts to run away, run toward me, or attack me.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 12:33 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
 


Perhaps it was revolutionary bravado, or perhaps it was the fact that the agitator knew the pistol had been charmed to be non-lethal. Either way as soon as Tayrren turned the corner and presented the weapon, the portly man immediately began to run away from him.

 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 15th, 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 01:54 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
Curses.. the intimidation had not worked, but he was not alone. Tayrron signaled the younger cadets to move to block any escape routes rather than firing. He was going to do his best to stick to the non-violent approach, but shooting the man would have seemed to be the better option. At least if it wouldn't have alerted the crowd who was already not exactly happy.

oocTayrron does not shoot. He signals cadets to move into position to cut off escape routes as best as possible. Hopefully I will be able to give chase next round.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
right-aligned image




Tayrron ran around the edge of the church and saw his quarry cornered by three other cadets. The portly third year looked around nervously, licked his lips, then said:




"Well, looks like you got me, good job."





 

left-aligned image




The guards didn't seem to notice the capture of their leader, as they had murder on their minds. Luckily, the dense mist that Iyani summoned seemed to have stymied most of the crowd, who were gathering around the edges. The gathered crowd also had the benefit of preventing the guards from working their way through. However, after a few seconds of inaction, they began muscling their way into the crowd.


At the center of this scrum, Iyani and Alain couldn't see this, but they could hear it clearly.


On the edge, Branson casually walked around towards Alistair, then
Dice Throw Rock:
1d20+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
launched the large rock in his direction. His aim was poor, however, and the rock bounced off the side of the building next to Alistair.


 

Last edited by Adamah; Mar 15th, 2014 at 02:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 04:08 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
In an attempt to cause even more distaraction and confusion so one of them could escape, Iyani signals Alistar to retreat as she yells aloud,Were merely performing, please put your weapons down... then in a nervous voicee they hear her saw.. Nooo... as a gunshot is heard and then a splash as Iyani fired into the water theh jumped in, hoping it was a well that led out somewhere.

Last edited by kaylara; Mar 15th, 2014 at 04:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 06:52 PM
zerocool zerocool is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2014
RPXP: 37
zerocool
Posts: 14
Alistair takes a moment to weigh his options.
Can Alain and and Iyani make it out okay? he thought to himself. Then he sees Iyani jump into the fountain. She seems to know what she's doing. Hoping Alain would follow suit, Alistair glances quickly over to Tayrron.
Four-on-one should be enough. They should be able to get him out. He decides it best to retreat, as per the order by his commander, so he heads to the South, behind the buildings so as to not draw attention to his escape.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Mar 15th, 2014, 11:32 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
"Tie his hands, we will escort him around the long way. Better tie his feet as well, leave just enough slack to allow him to walk. And if you make a sound I will not hesitate to give the order to silence you." Never for a moment did Tayrron take his aim from their target. It had been fairly easy to this point but he did not consider his misson complete until he delivered his target to the commander.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 02:48 AM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 7941
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,234
Alain retreats through the fountain area quietly.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 02:46 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The group retreated, Alistair and some third years carried the trussed up form of their target. Upon arrival at the rally point, all four seniors were breathing heavily, more from excitement than than exhaustion. Captain Brannen seemed pleased.

"Good job cadets, I'm quite frankly shocked that you were able to best them so easily. The use of the terrain and magic to your advantage was very resourceful. Just remember, in an actual riot there may be other magic users inciting it. Often neutralizing them may be the key to stabilizing the situation. Have a good lunch, we'll meet up again in the afternoon for classroom instruction."

Several weeks passed in this fashion. The four became adept in riot control, as well as capturing suspects alive and urban pursuit. Brannen kept them at it with an intensity that they hadn't felt since summer Boot Camp. Finally, one morning the group was awoken early by him.

"Get up cadets and pack your things, we're leaving in fifteen minutes. The unrest in the north has broken out into actual fighting in some of the villages, and many more are on the verge. Looks like you four are going to have an exciting summer. If you have any questions, you can ask them once we ride."

 
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 11:16 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,201
-- Return from the first mock training mission --
Thank you for the kind words, Captain. But I feel as if I had failed. Half of the plan did not go as intended, although the result was the same. Perhaps one of the others would be best suited for command in our next mission. After being dismissed, Iyani joined her comrades for lunch at the mess-hall before going to their next class.

-- weeks later --
Iyani rolled over, rubber her eyes and stretched before getting out of bed. Again, always so early. I don't think I will ever get use to this. as she pulled herself out of the bed, she quickly tidied the bed and area. Grabbing her things, she hit the showers to clean up real fast and get dressed. With about 15 seconds to spare, Iyani arrived at departures. Iyani checking in sir! as she saluted the Captain.

So whats the current situation and our mission objectives?
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Mar 16th, 2014, 11:31 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,457
"I would disagree, Iyani. It is not that part of the plan failed but that one part was more successful. I would go so far as to say our adaptibility to the volitile situation was quite superior," Tayrron said. He was quite satisfied with the out come of the situation since they were able to succeed with no violence what so ever.

During the last couple weeks, Tayrron had spent much time training with both the weapon he had on loan as well as his favorite, the musket. Though he had come to be somewhat familiar with the blunderbuss it just wasn't the same to him. And so it was that he had just finished getting ready for the morning and prepared to start his daily ritual of taking apart and reassenbling his weapons when the captain came to get them. "Yes, Sir," he exclaimed as he snapped to attention. When the commander had left he began to pack his things and made his way to the meeting point promptly. "Tayrron reporting in; ready for assignment, Sir."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB