Game Thread Marshpointe Scouting Mission - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Knights of Justice > Old Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Dec 21st, 2018, 07:24 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 16147
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,147

right-aligned image


Kubar's face draws a subdued smile and he looks around to ensure no one is looking. No, worries friend. Ma' family too knows the story well... With that Kubar unbuttons two of the mid-chest buttons on his highwayman's coat and leans opens a flap to show his Knight of Justice badge. Quickly he buttons it back up and winks.

Leaning in he whispers. We've heard of this Lord Elrin. Let me ask you this... have you had any missing children here in this village? While Kubar's words said one thing, his body and hands said another for any passerby's. Stretching his arms wide as if to indicate something, and then in a more audible voice. Yay big... a falcion, got any?






Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!
  #17  
Old Dec 22nd, 2018, 07:24 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Ceraan manages to keep a fairly straight face as the Centurion briefly appears to almost be possessed, changing personalities on a dime from calm and disapproving of his men's excesses to spewing zealous hatred at non-humans.

If he knew he was talking to one right now, I'd probably be in a mess of trouble, especially with devils about...

The revelation of the Baron's possible involvement could be what the Knights needed to turn the tide against Lord Eldrin - while they couldn't declare war on a lord themselves, the news that he was conspiring with infernal powers, and ones much more powerful than a few imps, would likely lead to the whole empire condemning him.

Feeling his pocket, he found his family's sigil still there, and gave an internal sigh of relief that he hadn't completely tossed away his connection to his old life. With a nod of his head, he rose to his feet and slid a gold piece to the Centurion. "My thanks, sir. If my two companions return, will you please tell them I have gone ahead to the Lord's manor to request lodging?"

Regardless of the answer, Ceraan excuses himself from the tavern and once outside, takes a look around before heading down the path to the lord's mansion.
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith
  #18  
Old Dec 26th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,353
Noble's House
Moving around inside the wall Syl is able to sniff out where the Necromantic trail ends. A heavy steel door inset into granite on the ground. She's also able to smell the sulfurous scent of demons coming from this place. She would also note, with some horror, that the scent of young humans leads to this door from the manor house itself.


Smithery
The farrier sees the badge and looks even more wary. Still he rallies with Kubar's words and shakes his head, "Just the Farrier out here. I can make you some shoes and have the equip to care for your mount's hooves, but you'll need to head back inside for that. Probably have one of that size in the shop though so check in the morning and you'll get a decent deal. Tell them that Thad Farr sent ya." In a lower voice he spoke carefully, "Aye and more accidents at the Looms than usual plus all this hatred going about. It started about a year or so ago after Lord Elrin came back from hunting expedition with the General. Since then things have slowly gotten worse, even so you'll find supporters of the Duchess here sir. You tell her there are those of us loyal to her still."


Inn
He nods to Ceraan, "I'll let them know when I see them. Hope you find the accomodations better than this slop house." He made a face at his drink and gave a put upon sigh.

Last edited by Ysolde; Dec 26th, 2018 at 09:13 AM.
  #19  
Old Dec 28th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

As much as she wanted to scream (yowl?), Syl still had a mission to do. While keeping to the bushes and climbing trees as much as possible - keeping her own secrecy her top priority! - the kitten followed the scent back to the main dwelling, and there looked for a way in, or at least a window to peer through.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #20  
Old Dec 31st, 2018, 02:05 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,353
Noble’s House
Syl finds nothing to suggest she could get in the door. Or at least not as a cat. The rest of the house is similarly locked up tight. There are windows that she can find and peer into, but what she can see are regular rooms in a grand estate. Kitchens, Ballroom, Servant’s quarters, and the like. The family rooms are upstairs and it would be nearly impossible for a tiny kitten to climb so high without being spotted.


Waiting for the Scouts
Blunt Tooth of the Tooth Gnasher clan was known by most of their clan as the chief. He was known by the Halflings as the Sherriff and basically the leader of the town militia, which was mostly composed of goblins. The tribe enjoyed fighting the animals of the forest and competing with one another and especially enjoyed every tasty product that the Halfings would bake from their hunts. It was a good match made long, long ago in the history of the village and the clan. Krunch had come to this tribe and had recently helped them fight off a large demon dog. Tooth Gnasher himself praised Krunch’s performance and then asked him to speak with the Crazy Dark Skin Elf Knight named Lt. Olodra and maybe help her and her team out.

It was not too hard for Krunch to follow the group and find where Olodra was staying. The land nearby reeked of demons that had been recently slain and the dark elven woman was resting with a wolf and a large dog protecting her. Each animal raised its head as the well muscled green skin approached.

  #21  
Old Jan 1st, 2019, 01:16 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,349
Krunch
Krunch thought he had lost his way, twice, but a fallen tree and a small pond were the landmarks he needed to confirm he was on the right path. The directions were correct. As he ambled towards his destination he continued to glance around. He felt naked without a bow. He lost it in the battle with the demon. Broken. However, he came out ahead. He was part of a tribe. A clan; a mixture of Halflings and goblins. The community was poor and thus he was not well equiped. Clan promise to equip me. He wore a loose shirt, baggy pants and strips of leather wrapped around his feet. On his wrists and thighs he had a few more strips of leather to hold the wooden stakes he fashioned. In his right pocket of his pants held a sling and in the left pockets he had a few rocks. In his hand he carried a club made from a piece of wood.

He turned the corner and stopped. Drow. Wolf. Big dog. His head bobbed up and down as he knew he had finally arrived. He moved towards the drow and stopped when her beasts lifted their heads. Blunt Tooth sent me. Me Krunch.


OOC
Standard:
Move:
Full:
Full:

 
__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.

Last edited by Kshnik; Jan 1st, 2019 at 01:17 PM.
  #22  
Old Jan 2nd, 2019, 05:50 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Approaching the Lord's manor, Ceraan halts for the moment and steadies himself at the edge of the property, one hand feeling for the sigil in his pocket while the other makes sure his cape is on straight. He was tempted to search for evil presences inside the estate, to find out what kind of opposition they might encounter, but he couldn't risk the spell possibly being detected - if his suspicions raised by the Centurion were true, a Detect Evil spell would not be brushed off lightly by whoever, or whatever, was lurking inside.

Instead he simply made his way to the first set of guards in front of the gate, raising his voice as he did. "Good evening, gentleman. My name is Lord Ceraan Almaar, and I was wondering if perhaps it would be possible to see Lord Elrin and request lodging from him - I'm on an important errand for my father and have been stranded here until morning," If asked for identification, Ceraan holds out the sigil and drops it heavily into the guard's hand. "It is quite genuine I assure you."
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith
  #23  
Old Jan 4th, 2019, 12:21 PM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922


Blast! She'd hoped to get a look at the kids - at least find out where in the building they were being kept. But at least she'd tracked everything to this place, and that door that she probably couldn't open even in her elven form. Looked like she'd accomplished about all she was going to accomplish at this point. Hopefully, the boys had found out more.

Making her way back to the inn, kitten Syl clambered up to their room window, and knocked to be let in. She So TYL can be expected to know everything they did, even if they keep posting after I make thislistened to Kubar and Ewis' findings, more than a bit surprised to find that I guess we'll have to learn whatever he has to report in the morningCeraan had left his team to stay the night at the manor itself. After hearing all that they had to tell her, Syl slipped back out the window, down the street, and back to their meeting spot.
Link

"Something scently this way comes." Link told the other dog. He'd scented something that carried farther than most animals, and rose to his feet moments before the small two-legs came around the large stone. Like a flash, he was on his feet and snarling viciously. Placing himself between the two two-legs, he would let them sound one another out (a thing two-legs did instead of smelling one another; they would make sounds at one another), and see if they would fight so he could protect his two-legs.

It quickly became clear that they weren't going to fight (probably because Link's pack was stronger), so the wolf sat near his charge, eyeballing the small one warily.
Syl
Link, wolf

It felt good to run her fingers though her hair again, brushing out the knots she'd built up that day as she strode the final distance to where she guessed the Lieutenant would be waiting. It didn't take long to find her; not that she would particularly have been hiding, but keeping just out of sight. "Lieutenant; I-!" Here Syl froze for a moment; there was a goblin. Her head cocked at a strange angle as she had been finger-brushing all her hair over her right shoulder when the unexpected goblin had frozen her, her silvery eyes took in the pair's postures and surrounding. "Hullo." It seemed safe enough to move, though, not knowing the nature of Olodra's visitation, wasn't sure it was safe to share the scouting team's reports.

Link shifted his weight from front-paw to front-paw, clearly anxious to say 'hi' to her. "Link, c'mere!" Breaking his vigil, the large wolf bounded over to his elf, licking her palms as the woman tried (somewhat successfully) to at least keep him from rearing up on his hind legs to better lick her face. In turn, the dark elf greeted her dark lupine companion just as eagerly, albeit with words.

Happy reunion done, they should probably find a better place to make camp. "And will our new, little friend be joining us tonight? I have a spell prepared for a simple shelter, but we should find a better spot to set up for our stay." Maybe she could find some fresh foodstuffs too, and not have to rely on just dried rations.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #24  
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 16147
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,147

right-aligned image


Kubar listened to every word Thad Farr said. His hand rubbed his chin and he nodded. Outstanding I'll go there in the morn then. The half-orcs gruff voice said. Then he whispered. Last question... how many men under this lordling in this town? In a more loud normal voice. Is there a message board in town? Wanted posters? The sort... the lord I serves likes checking those out. Likes to do good things for the people... makes him feel good I guess. Got any of those? Kubar just shrugs non-chalantly as if it didn't matter.


In truth, the former soldier had learned those postings were a good way to get a better picture of a place without having to ask too many questions.






Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!
  #25  
Old Jan 6th, 2019, 02:06 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,353
Noble’s Manor
The guards at the door examined the sigil. The two men gave each other a shrug and Ceraan was allowed past the stone gate of the wall. The pathway towards the door was fine marble and the manor house itself was well lit. Once Ceraan arrived at the door a footman greeted him and examined the symbol a bit more closely. ”Well milord, Lord Elgin is currently busy with the General and some special guests, but if you wait a few moments I can get our butler for you.”

He escorts Ceraan into a small room near the doors and takes his coat, if he has one, then he departs. Not long after a serving girl arrives with some hot soup, good bread, and a decent port. Not quite the best, but better than the fare in the Inn for sure. The young girl quickly departs, not speaking at all even if pressed. The a man wearing a very nice suit walks in. His hair is slightly grey and he looks like he might have some authority. ”Milord, I have been informed of your distress and can arrange a room for you for the night. You may also join in the party in the Ballroom if you desire.”



Outside the SmitheryHe looks to Kubar and says, ”Half a legion in town, they rotate from around here and other towns. Not sure how many men The General has, nor the General’s name. Questions like that are bad for business.” He continues on a normal voice speaking about where the board is and mentioning, ”You might want to check out Miss Stacy, she’s our local herbalist and midwife too. She knows which people in town need the most assistance and could help you with that sniffle you’ve got there. Better checked out now than it becomes bad right?.” He also provides directions for that.
  #26  
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 02:40 PM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
The Buddha Himself
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 3,338
Ewis Lionheart
left-aligned image
Ewis Lionheart | Human | Fighter 6 | HP 55/55 | AC 20 | Init +2 | Saves +6/+5/+3 | Melee +9 Range +8
Power Attack | Two-Weapon Fighting | Lunge | Cleave, Great | Combat Reflexes | Bonus Feat | Bravery x2 | Armor Training | Weapon TrainingFighter Feats | Cleave | Double Slice | Dodge | Quick DrawBonus Feats | Heart of the Fey | Masterful Demeanor | Bonus Feat | Low-Light VisionHuman Feats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewis looked around the docks, trying to find somewhere he could purchase himself a fishing net for the plan, but it seemed like no one was seling stuff at the time. Before he could go, he was bumped by the drunk sailor. Looking at him and able to tell by sight (and smell...) that he was drunk, Ewis decided to attempt to question him, "No problem, happens to us all. Hey, ol sailor, do you happen to know where I can buy a fishing net around this time?"


  #27  
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 02:51 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,353
On The Docks
The somewhat drunken sailor looks at Eiws and ands up teetering back and forth. He has to use a hand on Ewis to settle himself. "Thish time of night? Could...ahh check with uhmm...." He loses his spot and some of his last food on the docks before gathering his wits about him again. "There's a small carriage...uhmm...tinkers...set up just off the docks as far from town they could get. Check there maybe?"

He tries to grip Ewis for support again and misses falling to the docks not all that far from what was expurgated from his stomach.

  #28  
Old Jan 11th, 2019, 11:32 PM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 16147
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,147

right-aligned image

Half a legion... Kubar's immediate thoughts went to the impossible task they had ahead. Shite... I should have kept to researching... Those thoughts turning to doubt and regret. Causing a somber look to overtake his face. The farrier's last show of concern for him took him of balance for a split second. Then Kubar passed the back of his hand under his nose. Ah... Yeah, I should. My young lordling won't be too happy if I keep sniffling all the time on the road. Which way to her house?

Kubar does a miniscule dip and tips his tri-cone hat. My thanks... I'll be back in a bit.

And then he was off to see Miss Stacy...



At Miss Stacy's House
Kubar's meaty fist raises up to the door, but stops before knocking on the entrance. Instead he turns it in a quarter twist and daintly raps his knuckles on the door.

When someone opens he bows, but does not take off his tri-cone hat. And with the most distinguished accent he could muster he began. Ah good day, madam! Am a passerby. Been onda' road long now, and I've come wee bit under the weather. One of'ya good neighbors pointed me this way and said. Seek the lovely Miss Stacy. Would that be you who'd be havin' da pleasure with?





Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!
  #29  
Old Jan 12th, 2019, 01:58 AM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
The Buddha Himself
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 3,338
Ewis Lionheart
left-aligned image
Ewis Lionheart | Human | Fighter 6 | HP 55/55 | AC 20 | Init +2 | Saves +6/+5/+3 | Melee +9 Range +8
Power Attack | Two-Weapon Fighting | Lunge | Cleave, Great | Combat Reflexes | Bonus Feat | Bravery x2 | Armor Training | Weapon TrainingFighter Feats | Cleave | Double Slice | Dodge | Quick DrawBonus Feats | Heart of the Fey | Masterful Demeanor | Bonus Feat | Low-Light VisionHuman Feats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewis slightly scrunched up his nose as the sailor lost his previous lunch on the docks, luckily not on his feet. Thankfully he was able to tell him about a carriage that may have what he needed for the plan. As the sailor fell, Ewis didn't make an effort to catch him, letting the sailor flop onto the docks. Reaching into his pocket, Ewis put 4 copper pieces by the sailors hand, "Thanks, fella, buy yourself a drink, bet it's been a while."

With that, Ewis made his way to where this carriage was, glancing around to see if he can see any of his allies nearby. Seems they were all inside buildings now. When he approached the carriage, he knocked on it to see if it was occupied.


OOC -4 cp from wallet

Last edited by Krow Nest; Jan 12th, 2019 at 01:58 AM.
  #30  
Old Jan 14th, 2019, 06:36 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Ceraan nodded his thanks at the serving girl, and was about to ask her her name when she almost dashed out the room, leaving the young man standing there with a mouth half-open, question already dead on his lips.

He looked at the food, his stomach giving a small rumble as it looked a lot more delicious than the trail rations he had been living off for most of his patrols, when he couldn't get to a village to have a proper meal, but he also had a healthy suspicion about the food itself.

The paladin was saved from having to make a decision when they grey-haired man entered, and he gave a grateful bow of his head. "Thank you, sir, and I would be happy to join for dinner. It sounds like Lord Elgin has been busy for the last while."
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB