Game Thread Marshpointe Scouting Mission - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Knights of Justice > Old Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jan 31st, 2019, 11:33 AM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

"Fine." Syl agrees, drawing her hood up over her head. "I'll do the worrying then." Doing something would help though, and the drow was happy to set to work in finding fresh herbs that would help liven up their meal. Err ... well, she was less un-happy at any rate. "Keep your eyes open for game too." she suggested to Krunch. It would of course be a good idea for the Lieutenant too, but she didn't feel comfortable giving such a suggestion to the commanding officer. With any luck, they could find themselves enjoying a rather pleasant meal, despite lacking in the conveniences of urbanity.
"Hmm." Syl hummed with disappointment. "I was hoping for clearer water - would have been nice to get to wash up a bit." So much for that plan. The building was a curiosity; not for its being there nor for its recent construction. People were building buildings all the time, yes, even in swamps. But what was it dropping? Probably just water given the location. Could be some lichen letting excess water drip out of its tangled mass. If she were close enough, she would scan it for magic real quick - there was always the chance of foul magic being at play after the horrendous emanations she'd seen in town. A shudder made its way down the young woman's back at the memory. Might be a good idea to check the building out if all three of them didn't stick out so obtusely in this humans-only land.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #62  
Old Feb 1st, 2019, 06:22 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,348
KrunchAs the others motioned to Krunch, he stood up and grabbed his meager positions. Krunch pulled out a well-worn set of leather armor covered in patterns from medal studs from his backpack. He practically slid into the armor which now covered his flimsy clothing. Under his pack sat an odd shaped bow made of horn and a quiver, sprouting colorful feathers from the back of his arrows. Krunch fitted the quiver on his corded belt, his pack on his back and his bow he kept in his hand.

He looked down at the pile of potential firewood. One piece caught his eye. He picked it up and placed it in his empty backpack. Good club.

As he followed the other two, his eyes scanned the area for prey, as requested by the wolf’s double. He now carried three arrows, in between the fingers of his left hand, to prepare to fire in case needed.
__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.

Last edited by Kshnik; Feb 1st, 2019 at 06:26 PM.
  #63  
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 12:48 AM
TYL's Avatar
TYL TYL is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2020
RPXP: 1308
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Posts: 1,781
Olodra T'Aik

Olodra thinks for a moment. "Honestly, it's dark enough hat I think it's safe to explore that dripping building. It's at the edge of town, so I think we can take that risk. But I want to head back to the camp where the goblin is, check one more time if anyone else has re-grouped. Then they can either join us, or at least know where we're going."
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

 


Last edited by TYL; Feb 2nd, 2019 at 05:28 AM.
  #64  
Old Feb 2nd, 2019, 03:08 AM
Krow Nest's Avatar
Krow Nest Krow Nest is offline
The Buddha Himself
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 25th, 2023
RPXP: 2602
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
Posts: 3,338
Ewis Lionheart
left-aligned image
Ewis Lionheart | Human | Fighter 6 | HP 55/55 | AC 20 | Init +2 | Saves +6/+5/+3 | Melee +9 Range +8
Power Attack | Two-Weapon Fighting | Lunge | Cleave, Great | Combat Reflexes | Bonus Feat | Bravery x2 | Armor Training | Weapon TrainingFighter Feats | Cleave | Double Slice | Dodge | Quick DrawBonus Feats | Heart of the Fey | Masterful Demeanor | Bonus Feat | Low-Light VisionHuman Feats
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ewis took his new net, tipped an invisible hat to the merchant and made his way through the night street. He looked at the lights from windows and doorways as they started going out. These people... did they have any idea on what the scummy incubus was even doing? Or... Did they allow it?! Ewis felt his body heat up in anger as he thought about the Incubus, his fist going red from a tightened grip on the net, wanting to scream to the Incubus and challenge him there and then. The red head could just imagine him impaling the demon through the heart, if one even existed, with his Hell-Slayer, preferably in front of the entire town and it's people. Take that bastard and pin him to the town square! Rip that monster open and expose him for what he truly was!! DESTROY HIS VERY--

The redhead took a deep breath and patted his cheeks. He was getting so worked up... What would the Lieutenant think of him right now? She would probably discipline him for letting his anger gain dominance within his mind. He had made his way out of the town gates, looking around for any sign of the group. Catching sight of Olodora (Barely) through the night, he made his way over, at least not before seeing if anyone was following. When he determined he wasn't, he ran toward the group, staying low.

"Lieutenant. I got a fishing net." Was all Ewis reported, his previous anger still relaxing from his mental work up, his hands between the dark red and regular white skin. The redhead glanced over at the Goblin that was with Olodora and Syl, taking a deep breath.


OOCn/a
  #65  
Old Feb 3rd, 2019, 04:52 AM
TYL's Avatar
TYL TYL is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2020
RPXP: 1308
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Posts: 1,781
Olodra T'Aik

Seeing Ewis return with the necessary equipment, the drow Knight smiles. "Good work, Ewis. We are one step closer to hopefully rescuing those children. And yes, we *will* rescue them. Keep your cool, and let out that rage only against the right people. For now, while we walked the outskirts of town, we found one strange building that seems to be leaking. We don't know what the substance is, but we're going to go check it out. The goblin is with us. He has been sent by Blunt-Tooth to help. alright, stick to the shadows and follow *closely*. We won't be using any light sources ourselves, to make us effectively invisible to humans. Heh, that's one disadvantage of not having any non-humans working for you. You can't see CRAP in the dark!"

She starts to lead the group back towards the strange building.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

 

  #66  
Old Feb 5th, 2019, 04:08 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Ceraan felt a cold shiver creep up his spine the further down he went, and he felt that he shouldn't be down here...But that just proved it was somewhere he needed to be. He
Dice Will Save DC14:
1d20+13 (12)+13 Total = 25
pushed aside the feeling of dread and continued on...
__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith

Last edited by DoubleL1987; Feb 5th, 2019 at 04:09 AM.
  #67  
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 08:37 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 16147
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,144

right-aligned image

Kubar slowly ambled his ass around the town back towards the pub and inn. He peeked inside and having not seen Ceraan he peers back outside and curses under his breath. Ewis was nowhere to be seen also. He wondered where they had gone too. Suspecting the lieutenant would not like him not having an answer to the whereabouts of the others, Kubar still disguised stepped into the pub leaving the ass behind tied to a pole.

Kubar was not generally afraid of a bar fight. In fact he'd gotten into many during his time with the 69th Legion. They hadn't gotten their name as the 'Misbegotten Legion' just for having quartered their commander. Still, during those he had back up. Here he was going into the Lion's den alone.

The knight gave a wry look, and walked straight towards the barkeep. Hey! Bartender. I'm looking for my lordling… left him here an hour back. He was looking for place to stay they night... He left the question un-asked hoping the bartender would just give him the information without much trouble.







Character Sheet: Kubar Bin Steverin
__________________
Working on updates!
  #68  
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 09:36 AM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

"Actually, I think just you should go Lieutenant." Being fully Drow, she would be able to see without a light source. The goblin probably could as well but ... Syl wasn't sure the fellow would be able to discypher any threats or unravel the mystery of the leaking building. ... or communicate anything he'd been able to find. He looked more a fighter than the clever sort. At any rate, "Must easier to spot, or hear, a whole troupe of Knights than a single person." Casting Guidance for a +1 to your next skill checka quick spell on the commander, the half-drow awaited her full-blooded Lieutenant's return.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #69  
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 01:16 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,343
Most of the Party
Kubar heard that Ceraan had gone to the Lord Fortin's house. Looking outside he saw Ewis rushing back to Olodra and the rest and so he followed after him. The two men arrived nearly one after the next and were able to relay their information to Olodra.

The Loom, was rather undefended, and the group could head right there this moment. The real question in mind was if Ceraan could extricate himself from his predicament on his own or id they should attempt to rescue him. If so, should they destroy the Loom first?



Lord's Manner
Ceraan pushes past the warding spell and into the Servants area. It is easy to tell where the kitchens are and servants walk through without a second glance at someone who is so obviously above their station. Most of the openings in the hallways are stairs up to other levels of the house or into the kitchens.

Wandering a bit he finds a heavy oak door with a lock. A set of stairs near it also has a door and the walls have some arcane Looks like another warding and possibly a trap spellrunes on them.. The heavy Oak Door looks quite solid and the lock as well. No servants seem to be scurrying around this area. It seems more likely that it heads up to private quarters and possibly somewhere else.

  #70  
Old Feb 7th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Kshnik Kshnik is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 6022
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Posts: 5,348
Krunch Krunch still crouched stared up at the drow Me see in dark. Me help save many whelping. The double spoke and he glanced in her direction. Odd not want to go. Maybe double not to smart. Krunch stands up, with his weapons and nearly empty pack begins to follow the drow. No not just Lieutenant. Me go. Me try be quiet. Me hear well.


OOC: Stealing TYL stat block format.

 

__________________
Goblins, Kobolds or any other small race !!! If you are allowing or want one sign me up.
  #71  
Old Feb 9th, 2019, 11:27 AM
Bio's Avatar
Bio Bio is offline
Life
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 20th, 2019
RPXP: 11389
Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio Bio
Posts: 5,922
Syl
Link, wolf

"Fine." Syl said with a shrug, "You go. Tell us if there's anyone inside." Could be there was no one even in there, and they wouldn't even have to worry about being quiet at all.
 
__________________
PathfinderSRD 5eSRD PF2 SRD
Genesis 2: When God took a spare rib, and turned it into prime rib.
"Funny, but you are cruel, cruel Bio." ~Dbaque
  #72  
Old Feb 10th, 2019, 02:02 AM
Khalil's Avatar
Khalil Khalil is offline
Don't quit, don't give up
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 16147
Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil Khalil
Posts: 10,144
Kubar Bin Steverin
Kubar got the info he wanted. Quickly but as non-chalantly as possible he got out of the tavern. Which meant he at least had one ale.

Heading out of the door while wiping his face with the back of his hand, he undid his ass and by chance spotted Ewis. Quickly undoing the knot. Cam' on girl... And slowly trailed the other knight out of town.

When he could he moved towards where the others should be waiting... Well frak... Where y'all headed to now? He asked Ewis as he approached from behind and saw that the others were getting ready to move out.

The burly half-orc sighed and shook his head as he followed. Eh... Lieutenant. This might be bad timing for a debrief but pretty boy seems to have gotten himself invited into the Lord's manor... But there's more...

Kubar quickly goes over all the information he was able to acquire.

__________________
Working on updates!

Last edited by Khalil; Feb 10th, 2019 at 02:07 AM.
  #73  
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 04:16 AM
DoubleL1987's Avatar
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 is offline
Always The Kawaii Addict
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2022
RPXP: 12044
DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987 DoubleL1987
Posts: 10,188
Coming to the door, Ceraan eyed it, wondering for one rather foolish second if he should try and break it down, before shaking his head and stepping back. He had pushed his luck far enough, and being caught now would be very difficult to explain. tossing back the port in the glass, he headed back up the stairs and into the smoking room.

I should try and meet back up with the others...Hopefully it won't arouse too much suspicion if I say I need to go confer with my "servants"

__________________
"How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some higher principles in his nature, which interests him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it, except the pleasure of seeing it." - Adam Smith
  #74  
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 01:44 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 25th, 2023
RPXP: 28006
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 12,343
Ceraan was very careful in his exit from the Lord's manor. By the time he was out the door the guards there seemed to be somewhat asleep. The guards at the gate just allowed him to leave as well, though there was some joking about just what he might need in his chest. Definitely jokes about sheep's intestines and other objects that were known to prevent young women from getting pregnant and questions about which servant he might be interested in.

The Paladin, somehow, ignored the rude japes and was able to exit and meet up with the others. He found them not too long afterward where they were discussing things with a Goblin. The goblin, apparently named Krunch, had investigated a building quite aways from town and had found out that it was a place of alchemy. No one was currently inside, but the huge vats and the like were being used to make a large amount of poisons and black powder. Indeed, the place was quite likely to explode with just a hint of a flame and Krunch had even had the wits to bring back a small barrel of the black powder letting the group know there were at least ten more.
  #75  
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 10:08 PM
TYL's Avatar
TYL TYL is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 5th, 2020
RPXP: 1308
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Posts: 1,781
Olodra T'Aik
Question Can I get a summary of what Kubar learned? There's so much going on I'm a bit confused. and It's been a while so I don't remember all of the names anymore. Is Newt an incubus demon that is kidnapping little children for the local lord? We are planning on taking Newt out if possible? What else was learned?


"Alright, Krunch has done some scouting and he did VERY well. There are more than 10 barrels of the black powder inside. I suggest we take half of the barrels and sneak them into the building producing the cloth. We detonate both sets of barrels at once, so we can destroy both the poisons and the cloth production. With the distraction this will surely cause, the guards will be drawn away from the lord's manor, and that's when we rush in. The question is, what is our main objective inside the manor? I suspect we won't have time to do everything we want. We can try to kill Newt. We can try to rescue the children. We can try to kill the lord. We want to choose the path that will delay operations here the most, or stop operations entirely, or turn the populace against the imperials."

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

 

Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB