Game Thread Chapter 1: For Love or Money - Page 27 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Warhammer: The Second Storm > Completed Chapters
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #391  
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 03:37 AM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
Holly rolls her eyes at the dwarf's arguments,"even with how reasonable hes being, there was gold involved for just couriering and what was some book gonna do to them? Also, she was more then content with shooting bullets into more chaos worshipers." That last thought made Holly smile to herself.

"Like I said before, I'm in for bringing that book to Middenheim. I was headed there any ways and extra weapons, and um, magic would be welcome."
__________________
Four swords are better then two...

Last edited by Quadra Wield; Jun 2nd, 2012 at 03:38 AM.
  #392  
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 09:40 PM
punkrockguy punkrockguy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 15th, 2022
RPXP: 633
punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy punkrockguy
Posts: 2,060
After several moments considering the options open to him Grimnash's look softend slightly as he heard the words of Lunigen."I shall travel to Middenheim and carry out my quest but if this book makes it into the wrong hands I assure you I will take the heads of all i find to be in league with the darks gods."
  #393  
Old Jun 2nd, 2012, 11:57 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
The captain waits until everyone has had their say, then nods. "It's settled then. You'll take the book to Middenheim. Now, this is some manner of importance, so in addition to pay for your good work, you'll also be given mounts to bear you swiftly. The sooner it gets in the hand of the church, the better." He looks out the window. "I can have a guard bring horses here within the hour, and you'll still have easily eight full hours of sun before you'll need to camp. I find it unlikely that it will take you more than two day's beyond that to get there, barring any inclement weather. And, as promised, I'll make sure something out of the evidence department makes it's way into your bags for services rendered."

With that, he turns away and dismisses you. True to his word, a guard brings half a dozen horses for your party, and pulls out a rather wicked looking sword. "Used to be Bertrams," the guard mutters, "He won't be needing it where he's going." With that, he turns around, leaving you alone with the empty road.

OOCYou just received a +1 Longsword. This marks the end of the first chapter, I'll leave the thread open for a while so that you can make any parting remarks, and perhaps role play part of the journey. When you're all ready to move on, post in the next game thread which I will be opening up soon.
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!
  #394  
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 01:59 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
At the dismissal, the Bretonnian knight makes a small bow & says: "Thank you, good sir. We shall make all haste."

Despite his knightly title, the dhampir's odd upbringing had left him little chance to familiarize himself with the horsemanship common among his folk. Thus, he approached the steeds with some hesitation. However, as he patted the neck of his picked steed & took the reins, an instinctual insight took hold, & he easily leaped into the saddle. Hiding his surprise as best he could, Lunigen wondered whether his vision had also lent him the additional knightly skill.

Lunigen trotted his horse over to retrieve the familiar blade from the guard, glad to be seeing the other end of it this time. He feels the weight & balance of the fine blade appreciatively, thinking: "Well then, once-fell creature, a new master will you serve & with purpose more goodly will you cut hence." He turns to the others & remarks: "This is a boon belonging to all of us. As such, though I have naught to trade for such a fine weapon, might I be permitted to bear it until we come across something suitable?"

Last edited by dbaque; Jun 3rd, 2012 at 02:18 AM.
  #395  
Old Jun 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
As the guard arrives with the horses and weapon, something seems to click in Marcus' brain. "If you'll all hold on for a moment," he announces, "there's something I've been meaning to do for some time." Stepping away from the party a bit and raising fourth his holy symbol, Marcus calls out, "Sigmar, Casts detect evilbless my sight, that I may see the servants of your enemies and their works." Holy symbol help fourth, Marcus scans the entire party and the new sword, his eyes seeming to contain a strange light within. Anyone particularly wise or possessing any skill for reading body language might notice that Marcus' judgmental gaze seems to examine Ollana more intensely than the others.

If his divinations detect any signs of evil, Marcus does what he feels is appropriate in taking action against them. If, more likely, his divinations reveal nothing new to him, Marcus lets his holy symbol fall back to rest and nods to the other party members in acknowledgement of their lack of sin, if perhaps not virtue. "Lunigen, I would have no objection to simply letting you have the sword," Marcus continues matter of factly. "Regardless, we should be going."

If possible, Marcus does make good on his promise to drop by Wil's home before he leaves town, suggesting that Lunigen might accompany him. The war-priest is friendly and wishes Wil and his mother the best, but is rather closed lipped about the events of last night or his plans for the future, only making it clear that he has work to do and that he'll be going on the road again. Similarly, Marcus does try and find Grod if the dwarf is still in town, apologizing for his earlier disbelief but informing him that their party is already busy again with business on the surface. Although usually not one to admit that he's wrong or believe in tales and conspiracies denied by the established authorities, the priest isn't inflexible in either regard.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #396  
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 01:33 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
Lunigen's thoughts turned bemused over the suspiciousness of Imperials. While the knight was certainly not familiar with the intricacies of spellcraft, the warpriest's chant suggested his purpose. He hoped it settled any lingering doubts, at least. Seeing Marcus' gaze linger on the blade, Lunigen spared a magical move action Detect Evil (sp)glance himself at the sword. Finding if I may presumenothing & at Marcus' vote of approval, the knight returns the fine blade to its scabbard & fastens it to his belt.

The Bretonnian knight accepts Marcus' offer to visit Wil & goes with him check up on the lad. Along the way (& away from the ears of the others), Lunigen asks good-naturedly: "Did your divination reveal what you sought, brother Marcus?"

Last edited by dbaque; Jun 4th, 2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: added a question
  #397  
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 05:08 AM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
When the guards arrive with the horses, Holly makes sure to thank the guards for the welcome transportation. Not having to continue the tiring walk to Middenheim, and with free horses made Holly a happy young woman. She ignores the invasive scanning of the party by the Sigmarite. Holly was no where near a saint, but she had been around servants of Sigmar all over the empire and they usually did not cause her any trouble.

After Marcus offers no objection at offering the sword to Lunigen, Holly provides her input as well, "Although I think that blade might net a nice amount of gold, you can keep it sir knight. I think all the wounds and pain you suffered at the hands of Bela earned you that blade."
__________________
Four swords are better then two...

Last edited by Quadra Wield; Jun 4th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.
  #398  
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 11:18 AM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Hearing Lunigen's query, Marcus' eyebrows rise and his serious expression turns to one of mild amusement. "He showed me nothing. But that is of course a good sign, that no one and nothing here is judged unfavorably in His sight." Nodding towards Holly, the priest continues with a slight grin, "I missed much of the battle last night, but you certainly seem to have been on the receiving end of that blade enough to have some claim to it. Although Grimnash might say as much as well."
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #399  
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Ollona and the group seemed to be in agreement with what to do about the book. She was no more apt to go about reading that abomination as she would to ask a bear in the forest if she could borrow one of its cubs. Upon the groups acceptance of the next project, she was glad to see horses provided. Although the magical sword was a tad unneeded to her, "Sure, go ahead, it's not like I can use it."No sarcasm involved.*

When Marcus started inspecting the group, she wasn't surprised when he spent a little to much time looking at her. Most people were overly suspicious of magic users, and the Church of Sigmar was a strong reason for it. Once his gaze passed from her, she was happy to know he wasn't going to straight out claim her as a choas worshiper simply because of her magic use.

Last edited by Insacrum; Jun 4th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
  #400  
Old Jun 4th, 2012, 10:11 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
Pleased his curiosity was taken well, Lunigen continues after some more paces: "An occasion, then, of no news being good news. However, if I may, I could not but notice your divining gaze lingering on the lady Ollona. Did the elf maid give you greater cause for suspicion?" He knew of the Imperials' wariness of magics & its practitioners but was hoping to better understand it.
  #401  
Old Jun 5th, 2012, 09:16 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Lunigen's finely tuned social senses doubtless inform him that Marcus is less pleased with this line of questioning, seeming uncomfortable but stubbornly defensive. "Well, she has such a strange appearance, and dabbles in arcana to boot. I realize your homeland is somewhat sheltered from the the forces of Chaos that thrive in the unsettled lands, but you are familiar with the phenomena associated with it, correct? The mutations that afflict and warp and those subject to it's energies, the risks of madness and corruption that weigh on those who wield it's energy for their own ends?"

The priest pauses for a moment, looking simultaneously awkward and fervent, then looks directly at Ollana. "Meaning no offense. I know your people have quite a gift for spellcraft; it was, of course, the elves whom Magnus the Pious called upon for aid when founding the Colleges of Magic, Sigmar rest his name. But I have no intention of aiding the growth of any kind of festering cancer upon the Empire, and I will take whatever measures I can against such ends. That, of course, goes for everyone here," he concludes as he looks around the assembled party. "Including myself." How exactly the watchman intends to watch himself is left ambiguous.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Jun 5th, 2012 at 09:17 PM.
  #402  
Old Jun 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
The party, who's members might very well have been the beginning of a bad joke, set out for Middenheim, carrying with them the journal of a madman, in the hopes that his insanity may bring insight of the workings of the ever present chaos gods. As the small village begins to disappear through the treeline, thick smoke can be seen rising from the now abandoned manor, and it becomes clear that the captain has made good on his promise to the Sigmarite. You wonder for a moment if poor Julianne's savaged body was not also burned, or if perhaps it met a different fate. But you know you cannot dwell on such losses, as terrible as they are, for 'tis the world you live in, where life is short and violent, and the sweet release of death no sure thing. The enemies of man* are many, and do not wait for good men to pick up the broken pieces of their lives.


OOC*and elves, and dwarves
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by darthcharon; Jun 8th, 2012 at 01:29 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:05 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB