twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 12:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Scourge of DarknessScourge gave Calystra a reassuring look before responding, silently letting her know that he would not let Foxglove do anything inappropriate.

"I, for one, am always up for a hunt. Name the time and place, and I will be there. However, I find this popular method of hiding behind a giant spear to be rather boring. I will show you a more," Scourge paused a moment as a toothy smile crossed his face "...exhilarating way of slaying a wild boar."
Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 08:57 AM
Something Witty

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Sandpoint: The Rusty DragonGwenifer's back went rigid at Aldern Foxglove's implied tone towards elf-women. She grits her teeth and in a calm voice that obviously seems forced she says, "My mother and father are Elves". She then adds in I'm just as much an Elf as Calystra is. I just don't have the ears.Elven. As she is saying this she shirks away from Aldern's touch.

Old Aug 22nd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Re-Charging for 2022

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
GM Post

Aldern Foxglove"My apologies, I meant no slight toward your companion, nor your parents, nor any elf. In my experience, the longer-lived folk tend to be just a bit more distant, and their breadth of experience puts them on a different plane conversationally. As i mentioned, they are fine folk, I simply find it hard to relate to full-blooded elves." Aldern explained, a look of earnestness on his very serious face.

"It is decided, then. Meet me here in the common room at dawn. I'll have the stablemaster prepare suitable mounts for you for the morning. We can leave as soon as we are assembled. I shall have wine, ale, bread, and cheese packaged for us. Should we be successful, and I usually am, we can have the boar roasted here and enjoy the fruits of the hunt tomorrow night. You can return to your more serious business thereafter. A single day shouldn't make much difference." he grinned, obviously excited to go hunting with the heroes of Sandpoint. "I look forward to the morrow. Sleep well."
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 01:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Around Sandpoint"Haha! Then it's a boar hunt for us tomorrow morning!" Looking at a few of the faces around the table, he understood that the ladies weren't the most inclined to the hunting, but they seemed like they might go along without much complaint. If Ullryn had his way, there would be no complaining. The tried to size the Half-Orc, figuring that it was either a brilliant tactician in how it would handle the boar hunt, or a complete idiot. Right now, he was leaning towards complete idiot. But, only time... and a dead boar, would prove him wrong.

Old Aug 25th, 2014, 05:32 PM
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Calystra, discussing options at the Rusty DragonThe witch remained quiet as her companions spoke with the noble and agreed to go along with a rather distasteful boar hunt in the morning. After Mr. Foxglove bid the group farewell and left, Calystra let out a quiet sigh, took another deliberate sip of her water, and looked at Gwen and Scourge.

She kept her voice quieter than would be typical conversational volume, hoping that none outside their table would hear. "What about these tracks leading out of the town we discovered? I had thought our next course of action would be to gather ourselves here temporarily before setting out to follow them, tomorrow morning if not tonight. I believe giving more time than that gives our perpetrators extra time to evade us, as well as possibly making the tracks harder to follow. I did not want to mention anything in front of Mister Foxglove, as the Father asked us to keep information of our task to ourselves, but I'm not certain that this is the most prudent approach to our quest.

Do any of you share my concerns?"
Before anyone could respond, Aurora let out a loud "Ca-caw!"
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 10:06 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Scourge of Darkness, [I]trying[/I] to be quiet
Scourge looked somewhat hurt by the accusation that he had abandoned his quest, then whispered back in response, or as least what felt like the faintest whisper compared to his normal loud self.

"I am sorry, Calystra, but seeing as none of us managed to find any leads, and the tracks did not re-appear on the other side of the woods, it seems that we have lost the trail, unless the Sheriff finds something for us. I thought that if we were left with no option but to wander randomly through the woods searching for a clue, we could get some sport out of it too." Scourged thought hard for a moment before continuing, "since there are more goblins in the area, they will be more mischievous than normal. If we're lucky, they might see a pompous hunting party as a target. Perhaps if we play the part right, the perpetrators will come to us."
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 03:46 PM
Something Witty

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Sandpoint: The Rusty DragonGwenifer stops a passing server and asks for a bowl of the stew with some water as she listened to Aldern apologize about not meaning to slight anyone. As he was leaving, in a rather chipper mood over the idea of the hunt, her food arrived and she began eating.

The others in the group voiced their concerns over abandoning their "path", while the new comer seemed enthusiastic about the idea of a hunt. Guess he's never seen a cornered boar before, she thought to herself.

After listening to the others she said, "I agree with Scourge. There is a good chance we'll be able to pick up the tracks in the woods."

Old Aug 26th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz

Tools
User Statistics
Calystra, debating their next move in the Rusty DragonHer new friends posed some good points. The tracks did taper off, and without any other leads they really had no idea where to look. And it was possible that a foray into the woods could give them a lucky break.

"Your words ring true, friends. I suppose this is our best option right now. Though, I will say that personally I am not fond of this . . . boar hunt. I will try to keep my displeasure to myself, so please excuse me if I seem a little withdrawn tomorrow on the road. I assure you, I will not be unapproachable should you desire to talk with me." She gave her new travelling companions and partners a warm smile and a nod of acknowledgement.
Old Aug 27th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Around SandpointUllryn continued to eat from the plate in front of him. It seemed that he didn't have to worry about whether or not the group would be going on the boar hunt. Unfortunately for him, the group now wanted to look for tracks of other creatures. I guess trying to do multiple things at once shouldn't hurt, but it would take away from the enjoying the boar hunt.

Oh well.

Old Aug 27th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Re-Charging for 2022

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
GM Post

Common Room, Rusty Dragon"Common Room's closing down for the night! If ya want anything to take up to your rooms, let me know now. I'm going to put out the fire in ten minutes." Ameiko Taijitsu called out from behind the counter. It was getting late, and sleep was calling out to all.
Old Aug 28th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz

Tools
User Statistics
Calystra, after last callCalystra finishes her meal and bids her fellows goodnight. Before heading to her room however, she leaves the Rusty Dragon and strolls around Sandpoint with Aurora, taking in the night air and observing the patterns in the stars. After a few hours of whimsy and random town exploration, she'll return to the Rusty Dragon and head to her room for her nightly reverie.
Old Aug 29th, 2014, 11:30 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
In the Rusty DragonWith the end of the night approaching, Ullryn got up after finishing the substantial amount of food that was on his plate, and brings it to Ameiko Taijitsu. "Aherm! It would seem that the group that I was sitting with lost one of its members earlier today. He seemed to want to head elsewhere. I, on the other hand, am in need of a room for the night. Would I be able to trouble you for a room to stay in: Either their previous member, or a different one all together?"

Last edited by Insacrum; Aug 29th, 2014 at 11:31 AM.