Game Thread Chapter One: A Rude Awakening - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Real Seachange
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Jul 4th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Chapter One: A Rude Awakening

Jackson: The night was like any other in port, Jackson had come in from his time aboard the ship "Golden Dawn" with a hankering to work out some aggression and spend some of the gold burning a hole in his belt pouch. As his feet carried him to the "Drunken Dragon" of their own accord he flashes a smile to the beater at the door and flips a silver across to Maria the barmaid in exchange for a nut brown, foaming tankard of beer.

Later that night after several clones of that first beer Jackson finds himself looking across at a giant orc with his fists raised ready to box. A ratty looking man walks up and whispers in his ear which causes him to grin around his fangs "Heh, fancy moves eh? Not gonna be good enough to deal with Ox me thinks." After dodging a few blows and landing some decent shots of his own Jackson sees an oncoming green fist a fraction too late to dodge:

Bob: Bob finds his way into Ademper completely uninhibited despite what he's heard of the place being a wretched hole full of evil, he even got a very cheap rate at a nice hostel, cheaper than anywhere he'd ever stayed before, likely because the bartender was a fellow worshiper. After dinner he felt the need to go for a walk around the docks so that the food will settle before he gets some sleep. Whilst on this walk Bob hears a woman screaming for help down one of the alleys. When he reaches the scream's destination all he found was a woman in a short skirt smoking a cigarette, well that and a kosh fuelled nap.

Fulix: Upon reaching his destination Fulix finds some very nice men that shake his hand and congratulate him on doing such an awesome job as gate guard. They give him a tankard of stout as thankyou for coming down to pick up the heavy crate for the Baron. Within moments of taking the ale down in one huge gulp he feels his head grow fuzzy, he's unconscious before he hits the ground:

Keln: After selling his pelts at the market square of Ademper Keln has gold jingling in his pocket and a hunger, a hunger that only grew during his six months alone hunting and trapping near the border with the elven tribes. After a few discreet questions and a bit of taunting due to his prudishness he finds the Baron's Head a place where he can find girls "of his own kind." After several hours of a swarthy young woman with slightly upswept ears "earning her pay" and several glasses of wine Keln falls gently asleep in the arms of Nalia:

Javiar: Once he had dried off in a tavern the fire of knowledge started burning inside Javiar's chest once more and he can't get Fanlaran's Tome out of his head, he found out it would be easy to find as the only man with a proper library in town is the Baron's advisor Christopher who lives in a stone house in the city proper. Within an hour he had a under the window trying to jimmy it open when he hears someone clearing his throat behind him, a noise that'd sound like a cannon report under different circumstances. As he turns he sees two half-orcs and a human in Ghitria Watch uniforms standing patiently "when your finished there would you mind coming with us" the weasel-like man manages to say with a straight face:

All: Everyone comes to when they're hit with freezing cold water, as the smell of the bilge hits their noses something similarly assaults their ears as a brown skinned Hobgoblin in a bicorne bears down upon them "Welcome to the Ghitrian navy girls and boys, thankyou for volunteering, we'll whip you into great sailors and marines in no time."
"Hah, I'm a better sailor than your whole crew put together" a musty smelling, furry orange lump in the corner of the room snorts as it unfolds to a full grown Hadozee whilst in the opposite corner a thin, mousey haired man mouths volunteer? to himself over and over again

Last edited by Allu; Jul 10th, 2010 at 01:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Jul 9th, 2010, 01:56 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Fulix Murtalix wipes the water from his face. With extreme effort, he raises his well-oiled and sumo-like bulk into the upright position. He bears down on the hobgoblin, staring menacingly.
"I an a member of Baron Van Kampis personal guard! I did NOT volunteer for the stinking navy, nor am I likely to in the near future! You WILL return me to Ademper immediately, or I'll bash your skull against the wall 'til your brains ooze out your ears!!!" Fulix screams.

OOC
Dice Intimidate Hobgoblin:
d20+6 (19)+6 Total = 25


He stops for a moment, as if considering something."And in the meantime, have you got anything to eat around here?"

Last edited by Huhart; Jul 9th, 2010 at 01:58 PM. Reason: added intimidate roll
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 01:25 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
Javier shakes his head vigorously in an effort to get the water out of his hair. Sitting upright, he looks around the hold , looking at the scene with an expression that's half dissapointment, half despair.
"Aww man, I was having such a nice dream.." he mumbles.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 01:56 AM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Jackson doesn't so much as flinch as the cold water stings his face. However, the angry bellow of voices was more than enough to bring him, and his raging hangover, to consciousness. Groaning loudly, he turned to see an angry half-orc screeching at a hobgoblin. The sound hit him like a sword to the forehead.

"Keep it down," he croaked, his voice like rocks rubbing together. "Some of us are trying to sleep."

At last, the hobgoblins words registered through the fog surrounding his brain. "Wait...navy?"

Last edited by oogoa; Jul 10th, 2010 at 01:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
The Hobgoblin starts to loose some colour and his chuckle sounds a little hollow as he takes a step back from the titanic half-orc "Hehe, we have your signature right here my good sir and as such Ox will be sure to teach you great skills and proper respect for *he gets a bit of pep back and puffs out his chest once more* for you skipper, Wanrek Sharksbreath." With that parting shot he will step back out of the way as a giant orc comes down the rope ladder into the bilge before leaving. The greenskin pulls out a large belaying pin and slaps it against a horny fist with a meaty thunk "What's this about yelling at skip? *slap* Who amongst you needs to learn proper ship's etiquette huh? *slap,* all the new ones need some attituide adjustment *slap,* This'll hurt you a lot more than it'll hurt me *slap*."
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 06:14 AM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Jackson's blurry eyes narrowed. "You..." he muttered, more to himself than the grinning orc. "I remember you." He stood shakily, almost falling over more than once in the process. "You're that cheating bastard from The Dragon..." He shook his head like he was trying to get water out of his ears, and stumbled. At last, his startlingly grey eyes snap up and catch "Ox's" dead on. "I don't think I like you."

Initiative:

Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (1)+4 Total = 5

Last edited by oogoa; Jul 10th, 2010 at 06:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Ox's booming laugh doesn't sound hollow at all as he readies his weapon in both fists "Ooh Bessie, it looks like we'll get some action already." With that he'll take a big swing at the little man challenging him
Initiative
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (20)+2 Total = 22

Attack
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (13)+5 Total = 18

Damage
Dice Roll:
1d8+13 (1)+13 Total = 14

As Jackson drops to the ground Ox turns around and points Bessie at the Hadozee "Oi, better men than you have tried to flank me ape so I thinks ya should sit down and listen."
He puts his back to the bulkhead, his head slightly bowed to fit with the sloped deck above him "Now whilst he sleeps off his mini mutiny are there any questions? You are aboard the pinnace HIMS Grouse and will pull your weight or we will all see how well you swim. Because the skipper is a kindhearted man you'll even get to pick whether you want to be a marine or a sailor, we already have a full complement of siege engineers, not that there's much call on such a small ship."

Last edited by Allu; Jul 10th, 2010 at 07:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 09:22 AM
tempo tempo is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 19th, 2011
RPXP: 0
tempo
Posts: 55
"Hmph. Well, that was quite a show. If your giving us a choice, I'll gladly take the position of lookout."

Javier then proceeds to get up and shake more water off himself.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Jul 10th, 2010, 10:50 PM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
Bob takes his time to get up, taking in as much information as he can before he decides to act. As his mind clears, he thinks to himself:

Ok. Last I remember, I was walking into an alley. And I now appear to be on a boat. And wet. Ooh. Gotta make sure to dry off my armor and weapons.

Checking to make sure that the aforementioned armor and weapons are still in good shape, Bob finds them to be missing.

...Which are gone. Great. Well, let's see what kind of company I'm in.

 

Last edited by peng; Jul 10th, 2010 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Fulix eyes up this Ox, trying to determine if he can take him, when one of the men beat him to the punch, literally. When the man lands on the floor a moment later, the half-orc sighs in resignation. So this is how it will be, submit or be pummeled. Might as well make the best of it.

He stared down the orc and speaks in the orcish tongue, "I see have no choice but to join your...crew. But I expect to be well paid...and well fed... for my services." Continuing in common, "I suppose I would join the marines, as I am ill suited for climbing rigging and tying knots." He throws a disapproving glance at the Hadozee.

"Now, where is my armor and weapon, or have you stolen that also, just as you have taken my freedom."

Last edited by Huhart; Jul 11th, 2010 at 12:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 03:03 AM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Jackson was out before he hit the floor. As his unconscious frame crashes to the wooden floor with a thud, he was already dreaming about breaking Ox's neck. Even in his Bessie-induced slumber, he growls and grunts, clawing the floor with his bare hands. One day, his dreams whisper to him you're going to kill that orc. A particularly violent thrash accompanies that thought, leaving a very slight divot in the floor.

Last edited by oogoa; Jul 11th, 2010 at 03:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Ox nods and smiles around his tusks "Now you boys are starting to understand I see we have two sailors, a monkey and a human so I guess the rest of you will be marines, including the fist fighter here *he pokes Jackson with bare feet.* Training will begin tomorrow for those of you that need it, for those of you that don't I want you out there at first watch where I can see you."
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 06:25 AM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
As Ox's foot touches him, Jackson thrashes about again, one hand coming into contact with the orcs sharp nails. A tiny cut appears on his hand and he moans loudly, thrashing even harder, his hands making loud percussive popping sounds on the floor. A very small amount of blood begins to well up from the cut.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Jul 11th, 2010, 07:49 AM
peng peng is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2010
RPXP: 0
peng
Posts: 137
Keeping a wary eye on the orc and the man muttering in the corner, Bob picks himself up.

Might as well make the best of a bad situation.

"I do have some questions. You say this is a navy ship. Who are you fighting? Can we get our gear back? And how long will you keep us if we want to leave?"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Jul 12th, 2010, 04:15 AM
Allu's Avatar
Allu Allu is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 19th, 2019
RPXP: 742
Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu Allu
Posts: 2,408
Ox shrugs, "you signed a one year contract, after that you can stay on and to answer your other questions, you'll be fairly fed and recompensed whilst your gear will be returned if you can be trusted or when you have need of it. The pointed ears, painted faces and human pirates all attack shipping between us and the other civilised nations, our job is to protect trade and preemptively hit threatening targets."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB