Story Prologue: Funeral Procession - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Council of Thieves
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Nov 18th, 2010, 01:19 AM
shaderhedemon's Avatar
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon is offline
Demon Who is Not.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 16th, 2014
RPXP: 122
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon
Posts: 775
Bell smiles to Eb and nods, picking up her things. She follows Eb to the bar and whispers, "Thanks by the way, though I think I could have taken them."

She puts her cloak back on and asks him, "I hear the stew is good too, I was wondering if I might get some of it too," she asks motioning to Ardanis.

"Oh and I'm Bell," she says with a smile.
__________________
"the winds of life blow every which way, may they blow the right ways for you."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 02:30 PM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
"Little trussed up trollop..." the man hisses, clearly unafraid of Belladoona's scimitars as he advances on her.

Almost imperceptibly many of the tavern's patrons move back a little. They, like many of you, have heard of Parne Anderhoff and want nothing to do with what they see as a fight waiting to happen. His brother, Torkan, has closed the distance to stand side by side with his brother, but he turns his attention solely on Eben.

"And what are you going to do about it, ya little slip?" He finishes by spitting on the floor in front of the smaller sorcerer.

Clearly these two are looking for a fight. As two of the Sawfish boys, not many people would expect any less. What happens now is up to you.



Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 03:11 PM
orangehatter's Avatar
orangehatter orangehatter is offline
Dance is what Dance does
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2015
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Posts: 2,321
E'loi's eyes bounced to the man's hand as he reached for his weapon, his eyebrow raising in question. He resisted the urge to stare the man down once he noticed the commotion with what he assumed was a dancer. "I think the young man fetching drinks is our fourth teammate." E'loi nods and traces the description of what he knew along the features of the serving boy. Seemed about right.

E'loi had no further small talk for. Yet just as he was about to order some grub of his own, the Sawfish boys had to go and start trouble. It seemed his luck had finally run out for him to avoid them. In such an enclosed space, it wouldn't be easy to slip away. For now he sat quietly with his head bowed, hoping Eben and the "dancer" could handle themselves.
__________________
Air Force

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 03:42 PM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Damn it all to Hell, I can't get into this. There's too much at risk. But I don't want things to go down this way. Smiling, Ardanis steps forward as everyone else steps back. "Gentleman, your timing is all off! Now, everyone knows you can have a better time if they are willing than if they aren't, and she's just come in from a day on the road. She hasn't even gotten cleaned up and changed yet. She got a room, she's staying the night - why, I bet she'd be more appreciative of your charms after a night's rest, eh? Tomorrow morning, maybe after the funeral - what better than a funeral to make someone want to feel alive - she'll surely be more receptive, and you'll have more fun. Surely that's worth waiting for?" And maybe sometime during the funeral, I can find a way to bust your heads with the blessing of the dottari.

OOCCrap, that probably failed. I don't know if the two were indifferent to me, so let me know if I also need to make a check to improve their attitude towards me. Not that it'll help, I think.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Nov 19th, 2010 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
"Looks like there is going to be a fight. We better get out of here," mind-speaks Ned.
"Why? This could be interesting," replied Anikara.
"You have a job to do tomorrow! You can't get in trouble now," the rat chastises her.
"You're no fun!"
"Forget about the wine," Anikara tells the bartender and heads for the door as quickly as possible.
As she reaches the exit, she turns back toward the barroom. "Maybe I could just hex one of them..."
"NO! Let's go!"
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 10:24 PM
GLM's Avatar
GLM GLM is offline
Dodgy
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2022
RPXP: 3462
GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM
Posts: 4,844
"You don't think I've dealt with drunks like you before?" Eben says. He approaches them both through the clearing mass of people, stopping about 15' away. He rubs his hands on the towel hanging from his belt, and calmly and quietly answers the man, clearly not phased by his threats. "You can leave here on your own two feet right now, or you can be dragged out by my father when we're done with you. You have five seconds to pick one, or I'm going to choose for you." Eben slowly rubs his fingertips together, staring at the men, waiting for an answer...

Last edited by GLM; Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Nov 24th, 2010, 11:29 PM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
Parne's eyes narrow dangerously at Eben. For a few seconds his eyes flicker between the young man and Ardanis. His hand starts to go for the nasty looking cleaver hanging loosely at his side, but a hand, Torkan's, stays him.

"Too much trouble for some dancin' girl. 'sides, she's more Kinto's type anyway."

Parne snorts at the inside joke between them and relaxes, "Best watch yerself Eben. Daddy won't be there to change ya nappies forever..."

Both turn to leave, but before they do, Parne take's one last moment to leer at Bell before spitting at her feet and walking away. For a full two minutes after the tavern is locked in silence. Before long some of the patrons begin to laugh and talk nervously falling once more into their cups. The mood is significantly more somber now, however.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 12:31 AM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Watching the doorwayfrom across the street, Anikara sees the Sawfish boys leave the bar. I guess the fun is over, she sighs.
She returns to the tavern and closes in on the bar. "Uh, I thought I ordered a glass of wine," she says to the bartender, somewhat sheepishly.

Last edited by Huhart; Dec 1st, 2010 at 12:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Dec 1st, 2010, 11:50 PM
GLM's Avatar
GLM GLM is offline
Dodgy
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2022
RPXP: 3462
GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM
Posts: 4,844
Eben ignores their comments, trying to keep cool. At the very least, he prevented a fight, and hopefully they'll be less likely to start something next time. He'll have to watch his back a bit more out on the street, but that's something to worry about later. turning to Bell, he says "Well, that's over. Go have your stew and a drink." pointing towards an empty seat by the bar.

Once the awkward silence that usually follows a near-incident ends, Eben springs back to work, fetching drinks and serving food. To dwell on it would only dampen the mood, and who needs that?
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Dec 2nd, 2010, 09:27 AM
shaderhedemon's Avatar
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon is offline
Demon Who is Not.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 16th, 2014
RPXP: 122
shaderhedemon shaderhedemon
Posts: 775
Bell nods to Eben, "Thanks," she says then makes her way to the bar and begins to eat the stew that had been prepared for her. The whole thing had somewhat shaken her but she had handled worse, or so she thought.
__________________
"the winds of life blow every which way, may they blow the right ways for you."

Last edited by shaderhedemon; Dec 2nd, 2010 at 09:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Dec 3rd, 2010, 09:07 AM
corporealself's Avatar
corporealself corporealself is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 4th, 2011
RPXP: 7
corporealself
Posts: 229
OOCThis is the beginning of the next day. Everyone has earned 50 XP from the previous night.


===================
8 Pharast 4709 AR - Saltmarsh


Fog hangs over the town like a thick blanket, mixing with the cold scent of death from the slaughter houses on the shore to give the coming proceedings a dark and oppressive pall. Men and women line the main street and watch two funeral carriages silently. One contains the mangled body of Crimson. The other contains his last victim. Together the carriages set off from the town's council hall and the nearby Temple to Asmodeus, flanked by two watchmen on horses and led by Pardesh himself. Their goal is the cemetery on the town's largest hill. As they pass the crowd lining the street wordlessly forms up and follows in their wake, the utter silence broken only by the sobs of bereaved family and friends.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Dec 5th, 2010, 10:25 PM
GLM's Avatar
GLM GLM is offline
Dodgy
Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2022
RPXP: 3462
GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM GLM
Posts: 4,844
Eben is up before dawn, the anxiety of his new job waking him even earlier than usual. He's productive with the extra time, figuring that will help him barter for the time he's going to take for this little adventure. He sets up the tavern for the day, and helps his mother get breakfast ready for the those who lodged there.

Once done, he goes to his room and gets ready to leave to watch the procession. "Hey Dad, I've got that thing, remember? Everything is all set up for later. Besides, There won't be any business while this is happening. I'll be back later..." and with that, he walks out and waits beside the street in front of the tavern, watching the crowds form, and eventually, the hearses as they slowly pass.

As others fall in behind them, he does too, knowing that this is exactly what he needs to keep an
Dice perception:
1d20+2 (16)+2 Total = 18
eye on.

Last edited by GLM; Dec 6th, 2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Added perception check
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Anikara walk as close as she can get behind the funeral carriages. She is dressed in her best black dress, with a cape embroidered with mystic symbols that clearly states "I am magi". Her trusty morningstar hangs from her hip while on her other side is a basket wherein rides Ned the rat. She looks around for any sign of trouble,or for any of her companions.
 

Last edited by Huhart; Dec 6th, 2010 at 10:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 02:05 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Ardanis dresses much as he normally does, joining the crowd. He tries not to call attention to himself, but he
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20
keeps an eye open so trouble doesn't catch him unaware. He especially looks out for the thugs making trouble in the tavern the previous night. He almost wants them to cause problems today. He gives a brief nod of greeting to Anikara and Eben when he catches their eye, saying hello while remaining discreet.
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Dec 7th, 2010 at 02:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 12:50 PM
orangehatter's Avatar
orangehatter orangehatter is offline
Dance is what Dance does
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2015
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Posts: 2,321
E'loi hung on the outskirts of the crowds, keeping his head down and
Dice Perception:
d20+8 (14)+8 Total = 22
eyes open. His cloak was drawn around him while the hood was pulled low over his face. He would only momentarily signal to the others his presence before disappearing again into the crowd. He didn't want to be too close to the hearse should trouble go down. As well he enjoyed having a wider scope of the crowd. The fog made him feel more comfortable as he seemed to drift along like a breeze...
__________________
Air Force

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB