Game Thread Chapter 1: For Love or Money - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Warhammer: The Second Storm > Completed Chapters
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:10 AM
Glenn Coco's Avatar
Glenn Coco Glenn Coco is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 14th, 2011
RPXP: 0
Glenn Coco
Posts: 36
Groz was excited to see one of his own. After conversing with his new friend in his native tongue for a few minutes, Groz decided to direct his attention back toward the party's conversation. It looked like there would be a few more joining them on their mission. Unfortunately that meant less bandits Groz would get to kill.

After hearing Grimnash's response, Groz responded "Aye, finally someone that actually makes some sense! Let's get moving, I would like to finally give them bandits a piece of my mind... or a piece of my axe." giving Grimnash a wink as he said the last part.
__________________
He raged at the world, at his family, at his life. But mostly he just raged.
  #107  
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
KronosWarrior's Avatar
KronosWarrior KronosWarrior is offline
Super Kami Guru
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2012
RPXP: 21
KronosWarrior
Posts: 42
Drognan raises an eyebrow at all the praying going on. He was never a religious or deity worshiping sort. He shook his head and chuckles a bit saying, "Well, if Sir Grimnash wants to go charging into battle I suppose I'll come back him up and accompany all of you." Sylvia flaps her wings excitedly and dug her talons into Drognan's hair as he moves behind Grimnash.

"You need not worry telling me what the main objectives of your goal are, I'm perfectly fine just coming along to support..." Drognan trails off slightly then finishes speaking, "However I'm not as willing to harm others as say Holly or Grimnash here, but that's my own business." Taking his staff off from his back he prepares to use it as a walking stick while following the first two. He speaks to Holly, "My dear woman, I do believe you missed out on the saying, patience is a virtue." Drognan smirks, "Maybe you have Dwarven blood in you somewhere, wanting to get right to it and fight..erm..no offense hopefully Grimnash or you fellow Dwarf (Drognan did not hear a name)" He looks at Grimnash for moment then finishes speaking to Holly, "At least you and your group are dedicated to your goals so there's that."

Drognan then falls silent, holding out his hand in front of him. Sylvia hopped down into his palm and they looked at each other. She pecked his hand affectionately and fluttered up to his shoulder cawing happily. Whispering very quietly to Sylvia, he says "I have not forgotten our own goal, maybe this enlarged party will be able to help us in some way, though I do not know how yet." Sylvia flaps her wings encouragingly, then proceeds to close her eyes, resting.
__________________
Suuuun, Suuun, mister golden Sun, kill my enemies!

Last edited by KronosWarrior; Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:44 AM.
  #108  
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:33 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
Lunigen stands from the bodies. Your brother cleric was named Aravon, and the caravan master Jacob.

He turns to Holly & Marcus. We are stuck here for now, so it would behoove us to do what good we can in this place. The Lady has led us here for a reason. What you can spare without marring your oath would be appreciated, at the very least what sort of crime you seek these bandits for and what level of resistance we can expect.

At Grimnash's enthusiasm, Lunigen smiles. I doubt the tree would stop you very long, Grimnash. But temper your zeal some; we know not if these bandits are our assailants. But, even if they are not, they may know something of others' movements in these woods.

Mentally slapping himself: (muttering in Breton)Lady's grace, my master would tan me! (out loud in Reikspel) Where are my manners? Bowing: Friends, my name is Lunigen, a lowly knight from the Grey Mountains of Bretonnia, at your service.

To Marcus' proposal: We shall accompany you, Marcus priest of Sigmar, reward appreciated but unnecessary, though I imagine Drognan & Grimnash might balk. I defer to your plan; you know better of the nearest town and the bandits' camp, but I am loath to leave the bodies out here open to beasts and the elements. Might we first hide them beneath some of the wreckage to offer some crude protection? Then my sword is yours, and we can be on our way. He makes short glances at the impatient huntress and slayer.

Last edited by dbaque; Dec 1st, 2011 at 11:35 AM.
  #109  
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 01:28 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Ollona looks at the gathered group, both new and old companions. To the introductions of the new members she gives a simple "Well met." As for the bodies, she had nothing to provide for their safety, other than to lend a hand in covering them in anyway chosen by the rest of the party.

"Regardless of the speed, Molly and the dwarfs do have the right idea in my opinion. We can't tally to long, for we are currently following another who is ahead of us, and his lead only grows as we talk. Although, we do hope that his trail will lead us to the bandits."

Ollona hopes that she hasn't given too much away to the new members of the group.
  #110  
Old Dec 1st, 2011, 11:33 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
In the absence of definitive protests, Lunigen goes to the bodies and, working quickly, uses the wreckage pieces to cover them, accepting any assistance from the others.

Satisfied that they are a little less at the mercy of the local fauna, Lunigen turns from the bodies. He readies the shield from his back and pulls out one of his leather-wrapped javelins. He walks back to the rest of the group. Lead the way, friends. Our quarry awaits.
  #111  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 01:16 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Marcus helps Lunigen cover up the bodies. "We're trying to rescue a hostage from these bandits, so try to avoid violence, at least initially." he says loudly while working.

Once the bodies are covered up, he searches for the trail and begins following it.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #112  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 03:14 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
After covering the two bodies, you resume the process of following Ned. You don't have to travel far, however, as within just a couple of minutes, you hear the sound of many birds. Shortly thereafter, you discover half a dozen ravens gorging themselves on a corpse lying face down in the ground. Chasing the ravens away, its clear that the ravens have already done quite a good job on him, but there is still enough to be recognizable; it is indeed Ned. Three bolts stick out of his back, not unlike the ones found in the caravan master.

"Oh, gods" Wil backs away from the body upon recognizing it, holding on to a nearby tree for support as his insides turn inside out and his breakfast leaves his stomach. "I.. I shouldn't have come, I... oh gods, I'm going to be sick."
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by darthcharon; Dec 2nd, 2011 at 03:15 PM.
  #113  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 04:07 PM
KronosWarrior's Avatar
KronosWarrior KronosWarrior is offline
Super Kami Guru
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2012
RPXP: 21
KronosWarrior
Posts: 42
Drognan stops short upon seeing about half a dozen ravens feasting on a man's body. After waving his staff at them to make the birds fly away, his mind raced. Thinking to himself, "Here's hoping I don't get somehow accused for this...", then he quickly glances at Sylvia. The sight of the feasting ravens and looking at Sylvia caused him to flashback to the nightmare he had about his sister and the raven form she took in it. It was painful to think about, forcing him to drop to one knee and holding a few fingers to his temple, while the others grasped his staff for support. "Please let this not be related to me and my grievous error."

Sylvia made panicked sounds, flapping her wings in shock. She grew more alarmed as Drognan dropped to his knee and proceeded to hide inside his backpack. "It's okay Sylvia," Drognan attempted to soothe her through the migraine that had just beset him, "There's nothing to worry about." He half believed what he was saying. Whoever this man was (He glanced at the bolts in his back), he surely met the same fate as Drognan's previous comrades.
__________________
Suuuun, Suuun, mister golden Sun, kill my enemies!

Last edited by KronosWarrior; Dec 2nd, 2011 at 04:16 PM.
  #114  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
Upon discovering the body, Lunigen's eyes dart about the woods, javelin held ready lest the assassins still lie in wait.

If he spies no immediate danger, he notes the boy in his distress and softly tells his companions: Friends, I will see to the boy. Please keep a watch, and attend to the body. He then goes to Wil, sheathing his javelin.

He kneels beside Wil and pats his back soothingly, softly consoling him: There, there, lad; take heart. Just let it out, let it all out. After Wil seems to be done emptying his stomach, Lunigen says: Alright, lad, I want you to do something for me, ok? He pulls out a full waterskin from his pack, removes the top, and hands it to Wil. Take a few sips to spit out the rest of the bile. He lets Wil wash it out. You're going to be fine. Take some deep breaths, drink some, and splash a little on your face; you'll feel better. Taking back and stowing the skin when he is done, Lunigen helps Wil to his feet. Be sad for your friend's loss, certainly, but be not dismayed for losing yourself just then. The heartiest of warriors began with shock and unease at the dead. Death is terrible and something not lightly dealt; let that thought linger even after your shock fades. Steel yourself with it as we pursue these assassins.

He motions with his head towards the others and leads him back, drawing his javelin again.


Last edited by dbaque; Dec 2nd, 2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Adding link to rolls.
  #115  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 06:10 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Marcus seems miffed that Lunigen was faster than him in comforting Wil, but seeing that Lunigen is doing well he stays out of the conversation and instead surveys the area somberly and patiently, looking for any tracks leading away from the site of the assassination.

 
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #116  
Old Dec 2nd, 2011, 08:19 PM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
When Holly sees the dead body she frowns and eyes the forest around her for any sign of the assailants.

Death was not new to her, taking quite a few lives herself, she was not prone to the sickness and shock that the child was experiencing. She eyed the reaction Drognan gave suspiciously, but payed it no heed as there were more important matters to attend to at the moment. She leans down next to the body brushing her hair out of her eyes, and not to her surprise, she saw the same bolt type again. She looked on the body; mostly the hands, legs, neck, and his pockets for any other out of ordinary objects or notes.

Holly has a blank expression on her face and she says to no one in particular, "The same bolts again, what shot these?"

She looks around for any tracks that lead away from the body.
__________________
Four swords are better then two...

Last edited by Quadra Wield; Dec 2nd, 2011 at 09:39 PM.
  #117  
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:01 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
"I can't seem to find any tracks leading away from here" Marcus turns and says to the group in general while Holly comes forwards to help. "Can someone else lend a hand, so to speak?"
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #118  
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 12:21 PM
KronosWarrior's Avatar
KronosWarrior KronosWarrior is offline
Super Kami Guru
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2012
RPXP: 21
KronosWarrior
Posts: 42
Drognan stands up, clearing his mind of the disturbing images. Sylvia flutters out of his backpack and lands on his shoulder. He wonders to himself if there was any magical connection with the ravens or the absence of tracks.

"I'm afraid I'm not much of a tracker but I'll do what I can to assist...", Drognan pauses momentarily, searching around. "I want to make sure there is no magical connection between these ravens being here or the seemingly lack of a trail of any sorts" (at least to him). He made a few gestures and muttered a word causing his eyes to change from green to bright light blue as he scans the area around the man and the immediate surroundings for magical auras of any type for about a minute.
__________________
Suuuun, Suuun, mister golden Sun, kill my enemies!

Last edited by KronosWarrior; Dec 3rd, 2011 at 12:36 PM.
  #119  
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 01:53 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Marcus is visibly alarmed to see Drognan casting a spell, but says and does nothing.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #120  
Old Dec 3rd, 2011, 03:06 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
The boy seems shaken still, but has calmed down considerably. "those bandits... I don't understand. They don't usually attack first. They usually just rob em blind then run back into the forest. I figured they were attacked me because there were several of us with weapons, and they knew we was hunting them. But why would they kill Ned? Why was Ned even out here?"
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB