Game Thread Act One: Caller in the Night - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Season of Storms
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 01:47 PM
thedragonwarrior's Avatar
thedragonwarrior thedragonwarrior is offline
Fighter Berserker
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 4th, 2014
RPXP: 90
thedragonwarrior
Posts: 180
The Safeharbor Pub

Bangis witnessing himself being attacked in a treacherous manner, felt anger rushing through his veins. An attack with no provocation only shows that these sailors are up to something and has a different motivation from a bar brawl. Realizing this, he instantly swings his blade towards his attacker with precision, making sure that this one will see his ancestors today.



CombatWeapon Finesse (Rapier) +6 mod from Dex

Dice Attack Roll:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22

Dice Damage Roll:
1d6+2 (6)+2 Total = 8


HP: 10
AC: 18

__________________
"Throw the rules out the window, odds are you'll go that way too."

Last edited by thedragonwarrior; Jul 5th, 2012 at 02:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Jul 5th, 2012, 11:06 PM
Upright Citizen Upright Citizen is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 10th, 2012
RPXP: 411
Upright Citizen Upright Citizen Upright Citizen Upright Citizen Upright Citizen
Posts: 188
Things were continuing to spiral out of control for Athiss. First a major storm, destroying the ship he was on and nearly killing him. Then, alive but starving, stranded on an unknown beach. Assailed by cannonballs from unknown assailants. The former slave taking up with those who were so obviously slavers. The lizardman needed answers, and obviously none were forthcoming. Athiss had never had much use for Ydersisus, the dead god's power had obviously never come forth to save him. And it seemed that if anything, he was spiting Athiss. Gripping his spear he wordlessly followed after the Captain and Assym.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Jul 6th, 2012, 09:42 AM
Keven Keven is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2023
RPXP: 75
Keven
Posts: 91
Running up to the Tengu, Roqua found him involved in a little swordplay....and thus was torn between helping the man out, or running for his life. Thinking that the day possably choulden't get any stranger, Roqua drew his sword and, upon moving into a possible flanking position, attacked the Tengu's assailent. "Charming little party we have here today, eh?" He said to his impromptu comrade.

Dice To hit:
1d20+6 (8)+6 Total = 14
(Take away 2 from that if I cant flank)

Dice Dam:
1d10+5 (3)+5 Total = 8
__________________
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Jul 9th, 2012, 04:50 PM
Solomon777's Avatar
Solomon777 Solomon777 is offline
The Chaotic Swirl
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 3450
Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777
Posts: 8,458
Captain Vexi looked over the chaos he had created and let the feeling wash over him. He so loved chaos. The fog had begun to lift and he made out the image of the dreamer, Captain Rolo, stalking the pier. The experienced chelixian watched his rival and partner. Captain Vexi did not like the way Captain Rolo carried himself, nor did he want the ‘dreamer’ interfering with this very lucrative business venture. Vexi walked over to the chart table situated in the center of the poop deck, and he hoisted his flintlock.

For the moment, a relative silence follows in Tradepoint where panic and fear abound, and the cannon make not a sound. The fog has nearly all faded away, leaving a fairly visible port. The fire at the Tradepoint Inn and Pub is easily visible from the poopdeck of Captain Vexi's ship. It blazes hotter and hotter, regardless of the steadily increasing rain.

 


 


 


 


 


 


 
__________________
An Orthodox-Unorthodox Form of Chaos

Last edited by Solomon777; Jul 9th, 2012 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Jul 12th, 2012, 03:07 PM
Cash's Avatar
Cash Cash is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 14th, 2013
RPXP: 253
Cash Cash Cash
Posts: 461
Splinter was about to swing backwards at the remaining pirate, but when he turned all splinter saw was his legs flip over the bar. The air getting thick with smokes makes splinter head hastily for the door. If the man is not dead he will be so soon if he stays in here. Same applies for me unfortunately
con check
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (9)+4 Total = 13
__________________
Alittle insanity breads sanity
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old Jul 13th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Achard Achard is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 6th, 2012
RPXP: 643
Achard Achard Achard Achard Achard Achard
Posts: 279
Kha-Boom gave an audible sigh of relief at the first sign of the recovery of the local, though the structure of his throat made it sound more like a non-hostile growl. Quickly, he used his claws to rip off a long strip of his cloak for a make-do bandage that he wrapped around the boy's injured head. Gently, the hobgoblin positioned him lying on his side next to the pub's wall. Once he recovered, he'd have a nasty headache, but that was better than the alternative.

Kha-Boom hesitated for a second. He would have felt better if he could have carried the boy inside or stayed and watched over him until he woke up, but the feral form of the hobgoblin would surely not have met with approving glances. The mutagen would be in effect for a long while still.

He swung the keg of ale on his shoulder and started towards the harbor. It wasn't until now that he noticed the echoes of battle, but paid them little heed. As long as I get back to my ship, I will be okay, he thought as he half walked, half leaped forward, using his free hand as extra support, in a hunching gait that made his silhouette in the dark resemble that of a very odd gorilla. Keeping an eye on his surroundings, Kha-Boom made his way through the streets while actively avoiding showing himself to anyone. Luckily, we hobgoblins are naturally stealthy.

Dice Stealth:
1d20+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old Jul 15th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Keven Keven is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2023
RPXP: 75
Keven
Posts: 91
Many things were going on in Roqua's mind on this night that had clearly gone sour. What had originaly started as a harmless song and dance number to pay the bills had erupted into a violent bar brawl. One of his own makeing....but a brawl none the less. Now, people were dieing, the room was chaos, and Roqua hadn't the slightest idea of what to do. He attempted to assist another patron, drew steel on another....it was a cluster of unlclear friends and foes.

Roqua knew of another tavern in Tradeport. Perhaps he could escape this chaos he had created, get a warm bed, and find another place to earn his forture. He needen't linger too long in this location, or even this town, least he get changed with crime in this chaos.


Roqua, with bastard sword held out in a parrying manner, bolted for the door, as many attempted too. Some got out of his way, as he ran through the others, not with his sword, but attempting to trammple over any who got in his way.

Dice Bull rush, if applicable:
1d20+6 (4)+6 Total = 10
__________________
In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing. - Theodore Roosevelt
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old Jul 19th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Upright Citizen Upright Citizen is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 10th, 2012
RPXP: 411
Upright Citizen Upright Citizen Upright Citizen Upright Citizen Upright Citizen
Posts: 188
Athiss visibly relaxed, no longer telegraphing his distress to those who would be watching. The simple words that those who found him were not slavers did much to alleviate his worries. And like the dust washing off the cobbles around him, his thoughts about how to combat the entire host single-handedly drained away. He kept his spear tight however, as he was not sure how these others they had come across would respond. Obviously they were not part of the crew or they wouldn't have been thrown into a net, but whether they would be hostile or not was still to be seen.

His whisper to Assym was more sibilant than usual, his race had never been one built for subtleties. Although the sounds would likely be lost between the soft noise of rain all about and the steadily increasing roar of the fire.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Anon315 Anon315 is offline
Questionable Character
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2014
RPXP: 623
Anon315 Anon315 Anon315 Anon315 Anon315 Anon315
Posts: 997
The drow had an animalistic gleam to his oddly colored eyes as he regarded the group, especially the one now dying from his blade. "Your men have assaulted me captain, their lives are forfeit. I will have them and we will have no further argument as you are releasing the formerly captive. If this is agreeable, you may leave." The rapier rose so the drow could regard the slightest bit the blood on it, and he wipes it on his sash. "If not, well... " His eyes regard their sheer numbers with only a passing interest. "I'm already here."
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old Jul 20th, 2012, 01:31 PM
hamiltond465's Avatar
hamiltond465 hamiltond465 is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 26th, 2020
RPXP: 74
hamiltond465
Posts: 198
Enol walks towards the Inn now that he can see it, catching his breath and thinking about his next move.

Oh good lord, that's the Inn that is on fire isn't it?
I hope they haven't arrived before me.
But if it IS them, there is an odd lack of survivors for a slaving party.
...


Enol sighs, cricks his neck and then casts Disguise Self to hide his more demonic traits.

Enol now looks like a normal Rhadaholmian. Wil dc 12 to see through it if you touch his head.---

Last edited by hamiltond465; Jul 20th, 2012 at 07:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 03:22 PM
Grogg Tree's Avatar
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree is offline
Wood he do it?!?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 27th, 2022
RPXP: 16937
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
Posts: 17,349
Watching the pair of survivors running away, Kyra nodded with satisfaction and with a small heft, placed the greatsword back up on her shoulder. Again, the eidolon began to run in the direction of the harbor. As the summoner and her protector ran, Elizabeth watched through Kyra's eyes to see the rain falling harder. Good thing rain doesn't dampen one's spirit much. And it appears that the fog is lifting. Utilizing her bond with the eidolon, the Shoanti weighed how much more injuries her innate friend could take before she would have to dismiss the summoned creature.

 

-
__________________
I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 05:18 PM
Eilaer's Avatar
Eilaer Eilaer is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 12th, 2016
RPXP: 265
Eilaer Eilaer Eilaer
Posts: 711
Though Tenmar would have prepared to have chased down those fleeing and take out at least one more of them before finding some way to twist the third to his own advantage, his companion seemed almost robotic as it returned on its original course toward the docks. Toward the sounds of the cannon and away from what was easily arguable the safer direction.

He sheathed his blades and checked to ensure they could be pulled at a moment’s notice since they surely would need to be, and began pumping his short legs to try and at least pretend to keep up with his companion.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old Jul 22nd, 2012, 08:58 PM
Wolfman's Avatar
Wolfman Wolfman is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2015
RPXP: 5621
Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman Wolfman
Posts: 5,730
Kid Outside the Safeharbor Pub

As he ran forward he saw his first target go down in a shower of blood from his neck. Turning at the last minute he aimed for the second slaver but missed as he dropped to the ground to beg for his life. He stumbled forward and then turned and attacked the down slaver from behind.

Slavers were the lowest of the scum on this earth as far as He was concerned and figured the only good slaver was a dead slaver. Showing no hesitation or mercy he swung at the back of the downed mans head, hoping to kill him with one strong blow.

Combat Action
5' Step or Move to Downed Slaver
Attack w/ Stone Fist, +2 Flank, +4 Prone? (-4 to Defendant AC)
Attack Roll
Dice Roll:
D20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17
(Plus 4 if appropriate.)

Damage Roll
Dice Roll:
d6+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
__________________
Been off site for a while and looking to try out a game again.

Last edited by Wolfman; Jul 22nd, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 01:05 PM
thedragonwarrior's Avatar
thedragonwarrior thedragonwarrior is offline
Fighter Berserker
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 4th, 2014
RPXP: 90
thedragonwarrior
Posts: 180
Seeing that the two pirates has been struck down. Bangis quickly turns his gaze towards the unknown assailant whom he notice to have killed the other pirate. The man is is Vudrani from his appearance and has an obvious skill in murder. "Well met!" the bard said as he turns his big round eyes to the human.
__________________
"Throw the rules out the window, odds are you'll go that way too."
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old Jul 23rd, 2012, 04:43 PM
Solomon777's Avatar
Solomon777 Solomon777 is offline
The Chaotic Swirl
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 3450
Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777 Solomon777
Posts: 8,458
Captain Vexi took careful aim. The long barrel of the flintlock dancing faintly; the old pirate inhaled and exhaled. He was not one for rifles, but he knew well how to use them and their value in spreading fear. He paused, waited, and found his shot.
 

 

 

 

 


Subtle in the chaos of the Tradepoint Raid, the rifle rapport nearly went unheard.
__________________
An Orthodox-Unorthodox Form of Chaos

Last edited by Solomon777; Aug 3rd, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB