Game Thread Chapter 2: The Haunting Horror - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Warhammer: The Second Storm > Completed Chapters
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 10:23 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
Lunigen remains poised over the bodies for a moment longer, waiting to see whether their fell animation has indeed passed away. The Bretonnian knight eases his breathing & lowers his blade as they continue to remain still. "<in Breton> Body & soul return to the peace appointed for you," he whispers. He glances back to check on his allies, asking: "Is everyone alright?" Barring any noteworthy replies, he then motions to eerie spittle. He carefully approaches the strange sight, so unsettling for mortal eyes &
Dice Perception:
d20+2 (10)+2 Total = 12
examines it, holding his breath from the foul fumes.

OOCAre the moaning faces still on the 'thing' on the spittle?

Last edited by dbaque; Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.
  #77  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Ollona watches as the zombies drop. Once they are motionless on the ground, she remembers the spit previously turning on the spit, with the appearance of faces on it! She looks to it, to see if it is still writhing with faces upon it.

OOCdbaque, did you take much damage during that fight? Do you need any healing?

Last edited by Insacrum; Jun 28th, 2012 at 10:40 AM.
  #78  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 11:03 AM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Quickly scanning over his companions once the immediate fight is concluded, Marcus is pleased to see that Lunigen's actions are uninhibited by his injuries, but less pleased to see what those actions are. "Careful," he hisses as the knight approaches the twisted display. "There's quite some witchcraft at work in that thing, and we don't know what its nature is. We should just have Holly fire at it first, see how it reacts." The priest keeps his now-gory two handed hammer at the ready, waiting until things settle down a bit more before taking the time to clean his weapon.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Jun 28th, 2012 at 11:03 AM.
  #79  
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
As the fight ends, and the zombies fall, Holly feels a tinge of joy until fear grips her again. Her limbs still shaking, and her pores still slightly perspiring, she looks up as Lunigen motions towards the spittle. Holly is tempted to leave the room until Marcus mentions something about Holly shooting the spit with faces on it. Her eyes go side to side of the room as if paranoid of another monster leaping at them, before bringing up her gun and shakily replying to Marcus, "Yeah, I can shoot it, no problem."

Holly tries to aim the barrel of her gun at the faces on the spit, but your not too sure where the bullet will land as Holly's arms seem to be shaking uncontrollably. Holly again looks around the room before pulling the trigger on her gun.
__________________
Four swords are better then two...

Last edited by Quadra Wield; Jun 28th, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
  #80  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 11:44 AM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
Holly's bullet goes wide, striking the nearby wall. Surprisingly, however, it does not seem to leave even a slight mark upon the walls, as if it had never struck it...

Meanwhile, the spittle continues to rotate of it's own accord, the faces now seeming even more desperate to escape now that the zombies are gone. Hands continue to push out from inside the meat, as if it were coming from inside, but still no sound issues from this horrid thing.

__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!

Last edited by darthcharon; Jun 29th, 2012 at 11:44 AM.
  #81  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,654
The knight startles for a moment at the sight, but his will is as iron, & his eyes narrow dubiously. "By the Lady, how could her spirit be trapped here? I laid her myself in consecrated ground miles from here & decades ago," he thinks to himself. He turns to face his companions with a scowl (but not directed at them): "Don't look too closely; there is indeed some fell magic at work here. I'm of a mind to hew this horrid thing in twain & leave it to burn to ash. If it indeed be a prison, 'twould seem to release any tortured souls. What say you all?"
  #82  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Taking notice of the lack of a mark the the bullet leaves on the wall, Ollona make a quick judgement, although she hopes it isn't the wrong judgement, and begins looking at the room through the eyes of one well versed in magic.

OOCCast Detect Magic and look around the room.
  #83  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 12:39 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!
  #84  
Old Jun 29th, 2012, 11:57 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Obviously irritated by the combination of Holly's bravado and her poor shooting, Marcus stills seems to be feeling more defensive and pragmatic than aggressive or heroic. "Nobody get near the thing," he curtly reminds his comapions. "Holly, just shoot the wretched thing a few times and see if it won't die. You all make sure it doesn't jump off the spit and attack Holly, I'll keep an eye on the rear." Moving past his companions and over to the door into the room, Marcus tries to make sure that the party isn't surprised by foes either from where the came or from the unexplored rooms beyond.
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #85  
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 03:13 AM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
Holly grimaces as her shot misses the intended target and spouts profanity at the bullet just fired as if it had a mind of its own. Shaking and angry now, Holly reloads her pistol before attempting to re align her pistol at the spit. Ignoring her companions conversations, she fires her pistol at the target, hoping this time that her shaken state doesn't weaken her aim too much.
__________________
Four swords are better then two...
  #86  
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM
darthcharon's Avatar
darthcharon darthcharon is offline
Lord of the Dork Side
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Posts: 7,182
This time Holly's aim is true, and the impact knocks the meat off the spittle, and directly into the fire. The fire gains strength as the fresh fuel lands in it's pits. Without warning, the meat start letting out massive screams of agony, as if the screaming faces inside had regained their voice and were no longer silenced. The terrifying wail echos through the building, and it's volume threatens to rupture your eardrums, but as the fire begins to burn the meat, it grows weaker in volume, until the entire thing is silent and unmoving. You start to recover from the painful sounds, but before you have a chance to remark on it, you are interrupted by a loud, repeated pounding sound coming from the hallway behind you!
__________________
Holidays and my new overnights schedule are still taking a toll on me and my post rate, and will probably continue to do so until some time after the new year. Please bear with me until then!
  #87  
Old Jun 30th, 2012, 04:58 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Hearing the footsteps of something approaching them from the rear, Marcus prepared yet again for battle, making sure that he could see adequately and that his heavily armored body wasn't blocking the doorway. "Let them in the room," he hissed over the noises of his clanking armor. "They'll have trouble all fitting through."
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #88  
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 04:19 AM
Quadra Wield's Avatar
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 30th, 2019
RPXP: 392
Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield Quadra Wield
Posts: 426
With Holly's pride somewhat left intact she almost jumps for joy when her shot hits, but horror quickly comes across her face as whatever was on the spit starts to scream very loudly. As the volume of the screams dies down, Holly reloads her gun while shifting her eyes across the floor of the room, as if expecting specters to rise out of the woodwork and attack them. When the sounds from the hallway are heard, Holly prepares her gun, and moves out of the line of sight of the door, waiting to attack whatever comes through.
__________________
Four swords are better then two...
  #89  
Old Jul 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Realizing that the pounding sounds are not, in fact, that of an approaching enemy, Marcus' stance relaxes somewhat. "Well," he says, turning back towards the rest of the party, "Shall we go take a look?"
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
  #90  
Old Jul 2nd, 2012, 10:35 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Ollona is wondering just how it is possible for Holly to miss at hitting that mass of meat strung across the fire. Once Holly hits it with her second shot, Ollona is pleased to see that she is back to form. That sentiment is short lived as the screams begin to fill the room. Ollona is forced to cover her ears, and is unable to think of anything as the sound resonates through her.

She is slowly able to return to reality as the sound begins to die down within the room. But Marcus's mention of footsteps get Ollona on edge. She takes a few steps away from the door, but positions herself straight to it, giving herself up as a prime target. Nice bait for a simple trap.

But the trap is never sprung as the pounding turns out to not be footsteps.

"I'm game," She responds to Marcus's question.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:17 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB