Game Thread Prologue: Zelkor's Ferry - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Rappan Athuk - The Dungeon of Graves > Archives
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 12:11 PM
thewattinator's Avatar
thewattinator thewattinator is offline
Lost Pilgrim
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2017
RPXP: 3206
thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator
Posts: 3,111
Illidris Vaithrond

Finishing her class of wine, Illidris walks over to the group with the cranky old man and Zelkor. As she did, an elf in white robes suddenly summoned a dinosaur, then turned and walked out without another word. She made it to the table just as a well armed woman finished talking about her hope for survival down in Rappan Athuk.

Your grave will have to be somewhere, she said in a soft, lilting voice. If it means cleansing that foul pit and restoring balance to the natural order of things, would that really be so bad? Turning to the rest of the group, she smiled slightly.

Not that I have a deathwish. But it sounds to me like you are thinking about braving the Dungeon of Graves, something which I also intend to do. Perhaps we might join forces?
__________________
Posting Status: Resuming normal schedule
DM: The Great Sea | PC: Unwanted; The Lost Coast
Resources: The Art of the Two Paragraph Post | Ten-Minute Background
  #32  
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 12:18 PM
baahk36's Avatar
baahk36 baahk36 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 15th, 2019
RPXP: 871
baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36
Posts: 1,362

Vashtyr

"My name is Vashtyr, and my preparations are more than sufficient. Although no deity supports me. Frankly I think I'd be too embarrassed to support any religion that wound have me as a member. Yes I too am here to enter the dungeon. I'll know what I seek within when I find it. It shouldn't be too hard to recognize after all. Most things will be lucky to close within a few feet of me before I kill them. Vashtyr felt much more comfortable now that the talk ha turned from judgments on his personal lifestyle to the brass tax of entering the dungeon. "If I'm feeling benevolent I might even be able to keep you from tripping over a tripwire and getting yourself decapitated."
__________________
~Bazinga!
  #33  
Old Jul 19th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932

Tyzvalia Dorcan

Tyzvalia watched the elf approach, and introduce herself. "I would personally hope my grave, and it's marker would reside with others of my order. Regardless, I think any and all help would be accepted."

She looks to the others seated, "Are we to assume that we are all headed into the Rappan Athuk? And if so, doing so together? I do not wish to impose if it was your choice to do so alone."
  #34  
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 29974
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 11,013


Dorian Greyeagle

The tall Shoanti man walked into the edges of the town and into the Taverns that the Spirits had guided him to. Ever a man of his instincts, he followed them to this place and now looked upon the scene. Looking, but he kept to himself. Perhaps most in the tavern would dismiss him as just another uncivilized, uneducated Shoanti... then again his war paint and overall appearance did not lend itself to conversation to all but the most inquisitive.

"Greetings. My name is Dorian Greyeagle." Dorian introduced himself. "The Spirits that serve Master Erastil have brought me to this place and to you gathered here... do you quest for the cleansing of Rappan Athuk, as well? If so, then well met... if not then I apologize for having bothered you."



 

Last edited by Xian; Jul 22nd, 2013 at 12:01 AM.
  #35  
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 10:20 AM
thewattinator's Avatar
thewattinator thewattinator is offline
Lost Pilgrim
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2017
RPXP: 3206
thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator thewattinator
Posts: 3,111
Illidris Vaithrond

I will be going down one way or another, said Illidris. That place is a blight and I intended to see it dealt with. If I have company, so much the better.

She nodded to Dorian as he sat down. I am Illidris. Illidris Vaithrond, one of the wardens of the Redleaf Order. It is a pleasure to meet you. And the rest of you too, she added, looking over those assembled. It seems we have quite the company...
__________________
Posting Status: Resuming normal schedule
DM: The Great Sea | PC: Unwanted; The Lost Coast
Resources: The Art of the Two Paragraph Post | Ten-Minute Background
  #36  
Old Jul 20th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Quarterpound's Avatar
Quarterpound Quarterpound is offline
of flesh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 29th, 2023
RPXP: 10494
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Posts: 6,835
DM TextDorian has heard the following rumors:
  #37  
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 11:14 AM
austarrowsplitter's Avatar
austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter is offline
Spellknight
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 8th, 2014
RPXP: 439
austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter
Posts: 741
Amos Lightspring the Nephilim

Amos smiled at the others and said, "I, too, intend to delve into that dank pit of evil. Though I'm afraid I don't have any specific deity 'backing' me, as it were, I can channel the power of the divine thanks to my... let's call it an 'unusual' pedigree. I'd rather not go into it any further than that. The point is, I can provide healing, I can cast magics to hopefully harm whatever creatures lie within that foul place, and I've also learned a few tricks for getting past traps in my studies. The lore I seek is often hidden in dangerous, forbidden places, and it behooved me to learn my way around a set of thieves' tools, even if I am not a thief."

He then pondered for a moment and added, "I don't so much care where my grave is. To be honest, I'm more worried about what's going to happen to me after death."

__________________
You call THIS a sidequest?

You can't have slaughter without laughter.
  #38  
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 02:22 PM
Quarterpound's Avatar
Quarterpound Quarterpound is offline
of flesh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 29th, 2023
RPXP: 10494
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Posts: 6,835
Zelkor laughed at the bravado coming from the gathered adventurers in his inn. Some of the merchant's guards and trappers joined him, though more out of nervousness than anything else.

"And how will you be entering Rappan Athuk?" he asked after he had recovered. "Will you choose the Mouth of Doom? The Mausoleum? The Well? Choose wisely, so when you die we can come gather your personal effects and turn a profit!"
  #39  
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 11:14 PM
baahk36's Avatar
baahk36 baahk36 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 15th, 2019
RPXP: 871
baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36 baahk36
Posts: 1,362

Vashtyr
Idly Vashtyr pulled an arrow from his quiver and made a show of inspecting it. The arrow didn't need it, all the shafts in Vashtyr's quiver were perfect, but it was a habit he had fallen into long ago that he saw no reason to try and change. "The mausoleum you say? Well if we're so certain to die like you think I would think that a place designed to hold the dead would be an ideal place to start. Save time on carrying our bodies to a burial spot."

Plus if we're lucky we'll find some undead there. I've always wanted to try my hand at a couple of zombies.
__________________
~Bazinga!
  #40  
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 11:41 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932

Tyzvalia Dorcan

Tyzvalia watched the interplay between the archer and Zelkor. Perhaps this brute of a man had managed to get things named for himself without deeds to back it up, but she was in no positions to see the validity of her hypothesis. "I believe that our archer friend here might be right. If we start with the Mausoleum, there is actually no reason for your assistance in cleaning up any mess we might make in the process of killing ourselves."
  #41  
Old Jul 21st, 2013, 11:43 PM
Quarterpound's Avatar
Quarterpound Quarterpound is offline
of flesh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 29th, 2023
RPXP: 10494
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Posts: 6,835
The crowd in the tavern laughed nervously at the suggestion of the Mausoleum. Zelkor snorted and shrugged.

"Seems I'll be gettin' that gear from you quicker than expected. You adventurer types are all the same, thinking your experiences elsewhere will keep you safe when you enter Rappan Athuk.

Well let me tell you something, newbies. Let's not even talk about the labyrinth of evil beneath us. How're you gonna get there? The forests are wild with bandits and worse. You're more likely to be eaten up by a water troll or skewered by pirates than to actually get to the Mausoleum.

Sheeet... once you get there if the rats and their ilk don't feast on your bones, the green watchers will!

Hey! Billy! Tell 'em about the green watchers!"


The room hushed once again and an old man, missing an eye and a hand, straightened from leaning against the wall.

"They can take on any shape. That cyclopian graveyard, filled with statues and headstones... you won't ever see 'em til its too late.

Great green, stone wings, burning black eyes, onyxian claws... they tore the leader of my group and our rogue in half before we even knew they were there. The priest stood his ground for just long enough for me to run away... last I saw was the green watchers tearing him limb from limb.

I wandered in the wilderness for days before finding Zelkor's Ferry again. Not before goblins took my hand and eye, though..."
  #42  
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
austarrowsplitter's Avatar
austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter is offline
Spellknight
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 8th, 2014
RPXP: 439
austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter austarrowsplitter
Posts: 741
Amos Lightspring the Nephilim

Amos just shrugged and said, "Say what you will, but I don't think any of us are changing our minds. Still, the Mausoleum does sound interesting. Unless you think there's a better way in, Zelkor. After all, I'm sure you'd like us to get as far as possible so we can get better loot for you to scavenge."

Dice Diplomacy?:
1d20+8 (15)+8 Total = 23

__________________
You call THIS a sidequest?

You can't have slaughter without laughter.
  #43  
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 12:16 AM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 6th, 2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043


Amandil Istar
Loki (companion)

After doing his best to make the Necromancer feel uncomfortable, and succeeding, Amandin headed back to the tavern to see if anyone had gathered the courage to step outside... let alone actually head towards Rappan Athuk yet.

Amandil and his awesome pet dinosaur walk back into the tavern to find everyone still standing around being indecisive. Wanting to get his death wish started he wasted no time rousing those that were brave enough to follow him into oblivion.

"What's all this standing around for? I thought there were other adventurers here brave enough to enter Rappan Athuk, but if I'm mistaken I guess I can go alone and you can all stand here talking about which way to go and which way to not go for the rest of your life.

Zelkor. Lead me and those brave enough to the Mausoleum. I've heard tale of unturnable black skeletons and would like to show them a superior force.

Those brave enough to follow, finish your drinks and settle your bills. It's time to test your worth."


Amandil then went back outside the tavern with Zelkor and waited for two minutes to see who was brave enough to follow.

OOC
Jerk leader award?

__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City

Last edited by Ulfskar; Jul 22nd, 2013 at 12:17 AM.
  #44  
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 12:22 AM
Quarterpound's Avatar
Quarterpound Quarterpound is offline
of flesh
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 29th, 2023
RPXP: 10494
Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound Quarterpound
Posts: 6,835
Zelkor snorted.

"The Mouth of Doom is closer and you'd only have to deal with some goblins.

And as far as taking you anywhere, shiny robes, I ain't going nowhere. I'll point you in the right direction, sell any supplies you need, and pretend to shed a tear when you die. That's the best I can do."


He hoped the smelly, robed man heard him as he stepped outside.
  #45  
Old Jul 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
Ulfskar's Avatar
Ulfskar Ulfskar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 6th, 2017
RPXP: 2912
Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar Ulfskar
Posts: 7,043


Amandil Istar
Loki (companion)

As Amandin was about to step outside he heard the cowardly man speak from behind.

"If you are too afraid to step outside, then so be it. Kick out those brave enough to do so and point us in the direction of the Mausoleum."
__________________
Player: Volstrad
GM: Shackled City, Shackled City
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:10 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB