Game Thread Mistakes Were Made - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Scurvy and Scallywags
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 01:29 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Mistakes Were Made

It was a fine autumn day, in the sense that there wasn't torrential rain everywhere. Still, those present on the Lunar Maria could be in a better state. The ship had been a fine one, setting sail for Glastor some 3 days prior. It was quaint, wooden, with a hippocampus on the front bow. You were not sure what camping hippos had to do with sea ponies, but somewhere a lexiconographer was crying. The captain was a wily weasel, full of sass and vigor, and she demanded that you pay up, get on board, and not complain about the food. She was running a cargo ship, but passengers were allowed if they had the cash. You had the cash, the desire, and all sort of other things that you weren't going to admit to her. When in doubt, deny deny deny.

Still, it was with some annoyance that you were rudely awoken on this fine morning. The captain insisted that you guys not wander around at night, so that she wouldn't have to babysit you. And so, all five of you were in your cabin when a horrible lurching motion was had, followed by the crunching of wood. The ship then, unmistakably, came to a complete and total stop. Not the stop in a sense of being parked at a dock, but the utter removal of the usual back and forth swaying you had become accustomed to.

This was a bad thing, you supposed. Ships were not meant to do that, unless they were small and oar-driven. At the very least, it did not seem like it was sinking. Still, all was eerily quiet outside your cabin, as if no one else was bothered by the troubles your ship had undergone.

Your cabin was small, about 10x10, with just enough room to fit the five of you. You were sure the winged one counted as two, given his girth, but that was just your uninformed opinion. In any case, everything is collywampus, and the one decoration in the room(a little carving of a sailing ship) had fallen on
Dice Luck:
1d5 2

Nyx's face, in a manner befitting a facehugger. You did not know what one was like, but you sure didn't want to find out.
OOCIntroduce yourself! What do you look like, what are you doing? You are probably in a large heap, from the ship's drastic attempt to buck its rider, and someone somewhere in the pile has farted. Good times.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 1st, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Aug 1st, 2013, 10:11 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
"I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE THE GODDESS OF SHIPWRECKS AND RAGING SEAS, I STILL THINK THAT-AAAH! What's this on my face?" Nyx woke up shouting, muffled through the tiny counterpart to the Lunar Maria. She quickly sat up and tried to pull it off.
__________________
Flip!

Last edited by Thunderscreamer; Aug 1st, 2013 at 10:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 12:32 AM
Melagant Melagant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 20th, 2013
RPXP: 1365
Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant
Posts: 2,668
“Crush… errr…Rend…heh” Was the usual between Marduke’s snoring, which was a feat considering he had no nose but a beak that looked like a ravens. He turned over on his side, trying to cover himself with one of his wings, just as the ship lurched and his hammock twisted a bit to far and he landed on his face with a big thud. “What in the name of….” he started to say as the others fell on top of him “OOOPH” the wind was squished out of him by the weight of the others, but it was a good thing his girth hadn’t fallen on anyone….he probably would have broken whatever it was he landed on.

With a beast like grown, very unfitting someone who looked like a very large bird, Marduke hoisted himself up and letting the others fall off of him as they will. “Not again.” he said in his low timbered voice “I am pretty damn sure we hit something….my second time crashing in a ship.” he begins to think about leaving behind the seas for a safer, or rather a less likely place to crash anything. “I don’t care what that witch of a captain said, im going to look around and if we have crashed I am going to rip someone in half.” it could be just a joke but due to his size he probably could rip someone in half.
__________________
My daughter was born at 5:01AM on 6/15/13 at 6.9lbs and 20 inches.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Aug 2nd, 2013, 09:55 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 14th, 2024
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 6,984
Roughly tangled in his hammock, Sunose barely moved when the ship lurched to a halt. However, he was most certainly awake - and wasn't too fond of the change of pace, either. "That didn't sound good," he said, "no, not at all. I vote the big, grumpy guy goes and checks it out, yes, while we stay here all safe-like." There was the hint of panic in his voice, but that was as far as he went. This wasn't normal, no, but that didn't give him permission to incite fear in the crew.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 05:00 AM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus lay awake in his hammock, his bag used as a pillow as he and Sasha finished communing for the day. Which was as easier to do than sleeping considering how much of him actually fit within the hammock. He had been planning to do a reading on his cabin mates when they woke up, after all it never hurts to grab some extra gold. But that plan came to an end when the boat lurched in a rather way of saying doom. He listened to the others waking up and one planning to go out looking, Thaddeus slipped out of the hammock while grabbing his bag. “We'll go with you. Worse case and we're sinking I think it be best to be up top than down here.”
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 11:56 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Robin stretched and wriggled at the bottom of the pile, apparently waking up the slow, natural way. "Aaagh. Morning guys. We run aground or something?" He uncurled his long, fuzzy body into the upright position in a single smooth motion, finishing the manoeuvre by donning a hat of the kind favoured by pithy heroic archaeologists across the material plane.

Waking accomplished, he hitched up his pants, took a business-like step towards the door and fell back on his ass. "Damn it! Land-sickness has taken me, we have run aground! Oh well. At least it's not another of those giant turtles."
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
The ship remains in its posture, and thus doesn't seem to be in any danger of sinking. That said, you don't hear much of anything from outside the door. It is eerily quiet, as if everyone was playing a practical joke on you.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Robin rights himself and sidles up to Sunose, who he flicks viscously in the ear. "Huh. Well, you don't feel dead and the boat's not moving so we can't be going down. Some bastard has stolen the ocean and I didn't even bring any cursed skulls this time."

He strides out through the cabin door, crying "Land ho!"
__________________
Ingle Land?

Last edited by Caput; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 04:38 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
You would have to find your own cursed skulls. This did not seem hard. If anything, they sell for cheap at the flea market, wherever those are.

The noise suddenly returns as you pass through the door. It appears that some DEVIOUS TRICKSTER has placed a silence effect on it, so that whatever was happening out here did not upset your ears. Indeed, much of the cargo is gone, though there's still some stuff in the corner with a note marked "Come back with a cart". Bless them.

You can see the stairs up to the main deck from here, and there's sunlight coming in from there. You've overslept, or the captain has forgotten to demand you get up and work like a proper wage slave. There are other cabins, but the doors are ajar and they look reasonably empty. Everyone has left but you.
Dice Surch?:
1d20 6

You see nothing else of notice, because you are too sleepy and lazy. This is what happens when people feed you rum because it's cheap.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
"Damn." Robin shuffles back in to explain the trickery. "It's a silence spell. There's noise around and everything! Come on out." He gesticulates wildly, indicating the passage of sounds though the air. It's all very evocative.
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 07:53 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nyx tried and tried to remove the second most annoying piece of art she had ever encountered from her face.

Dice Strength:
1d20-2 (5)-2 Total = 3


Nyx began to wonder why she didn't inherit strength from her warrior goddess of a mother.
__________________
Flip!

Last edited by Thunderscreamer; Aug 3rd, 2013 at 07:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 08:05 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Nyx: It slowly slides to the floor and crashes in a heap. Good job.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Aug 3rd, 2013, 08:25 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nyx panted for a second, slightly pink in the face, and with parallel red marks framing her cheekbones. She eyed the boat for a bit, turning it around to see what it was, and carefully balanced it back on it's stand. It wouldn't stay when the ship started rocking again, but she was sure she wouldn't be there when it did.

Nyx turned around. There was an adventurous looking foxman flailing on the other side of the door. Nyx stared at him, a puzzled expression on her face. Eventually she decided he must be beconing her, so she threw her pack around her shoulder and stepped through the door.
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Melagant Melagant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 20th, 2013
RPXP: 1365
Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant
Posts: 2,668
Marduke growls, still in a foul mood from having been woken up in such a rude way. He steps around or over everyone in his way as he heads out the door and heads to the above deck.
__________________
My daughter was born at 5:01AM on 6/15/13 at 6.9lbs and 20 inches.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
Marduke: It is a fine autumn day! The birds are singing, the clouds aren't too thick, and in general it's a great time to be on the beach. Granted, you were somewhat hoping you'd be at a port, given that's where your boat was to be traveling to. Alas, this appears to be a tropical island of sorts, with a slight bit of jungle inland from the beach. No other islands are in sight.

The ship is mostly deserted, save for the Ferita captain. She's currently manning the wheel as best she can, though since she's slumped over it, one would surmise that she's not doing a great job at steering. Ah, that would be why, she's been stabbed gracefully in the back and stuck on the wheel with said knife. That would be a problem, yes.

In any case, she's not complaining about it too much. The ship seems to have run aground with her unable to steer properly, hence the horrible jarring motion you all felt below deck. Wherever the other passengers have gotten off to, it's certainly not here. Presumably they pilfered all the cargo they could carry, and left you and the heavier items alone for a later trip back to the boat.

What do you do?
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:05 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB