Game Thread Mistakes Were Made - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Scurvy and Scallywags
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Melagant Melagant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 20th, 2013
RPXP: 1365
Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant
Posts: 2,668
Marduke grunts "Huh" and then looks back down into the below deck "Cap'ns dead, Ships on an island....anyone know how to tell is a ship is broken?" he hopes someone can tell if a ship is still sailable. He walks over to the captain and pulls the blade out of her, shakes his head and then tosses her body overboard. He then flys to where the ship has struck the beach and starts looking at it to see if it is damaged, if he sees nothing wrong he braces his shoulder against the ship and yells "Hold on!" and begins pushing with all of his considerable strength trying to dislodge the ship and get it back out towards open deep water.

OccNever know what you can do when you can drag or push 4,000 pounds until you try lol. If Marduke actually does push the ship by himself back into the water i will be surprised and if he does well then we have a ship .
__________________
My daughter was born at 5:01AM on 6/15/13 at 6.9lbs and 20 inches.

Last edited by Melagant; Aug 4th, 2013 at 04:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 11th, 2022
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Sunose eventually decides that investigating the situation would be much more interesting than waiting in the cabin, shuffling out with the rest of the crew onto the deck. If they were being robbed, why the silence spell? Pirates are supposed to board, raze and loot - not steal. He decided that he'd have to give them some lessons on proper sea-stealing methods, like those passed down from his great-great-grandfather Brian. "Anyone around?" he asked sheepishly, only to then repeat himself with more confidence. "Anyone here? Come out if you are!" he said, "otherwise we'll have to hunt you down and force you out! We've got a big, tough guy here, and you won't want to mess with him!"

Except, much to Sunose's surprise, they weren't on the seas anymore. No, they were on land - sandy, palm tree-ridden land. The ship had run aground, their captain was dead and lots of cargo was missing. Oh, and the crew was missing too - but he'd never really cared for those boring, old seadogs anyway. While there was certainly something odd about how easily the beast-man disposed of the captain's corpse, Sunose was much more concerned about the creature's intentions to push the boat into the water again. Unsure of whether or not that was even possible, he skittered to the edge of the boat and prepared for the possibility of the boat capsizing because of Marduke's actions. Better safe than sorry!

Last edited by Muggins; Aug 4th, 2013 at 05:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Marduke: You are reasonably sure the boat is broken. There's a large hole in the hull where it slammed against a rock. That's no bueno. You shall have to speak with your robbers, and demand they reimburse you, or at least let you ride on their boat back to the mainland.

Also, the sand is impeding your pushing efforts, which makes you sad. Maybe if you had a second you, you'd be in business. Or a lever, or something.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nyx looked over the side of the ship, moreover at the body of the captain as it bobbed amidst the wavelets.

Sigh, we still could have used that. she heard in her head and ignored. She instead turned her gaze to the rat's nest, and called out, "Does anyone own a scope of some kind?"
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Aug 4th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus had slithered up from down below and shook his head at this turn of events, at the look of things if he were to get his fare back he'd have to get the others to rob the robbers. What fun. He heard the woman, Slyx Frix Nyx or such, inquire about a scope. "I don't possess one, but there is the remaining cargo to check."

With that he went back down into the hold without another word, after all it's the perfect time to snoop what remains of the cargo.

Dice perception on the large stuffins:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
The cargo is hard to get at, and you see why the robbers wanted a cart to carry it. The stuff in front is clearly grain, of a baking variety, but you can't really get at the deeper goodies. The captain packed tightly, though if she had been possessed of greater foresight, she might have packed her assailants in with the grains, so that they would not stab her in the back. Alas.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 02:31 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 11th, 2022
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
"What do you guys think?" Sunose queried, "mutiny? I mean, it couldn't have been a boarding ship - else it'd be around here, too." After absentmindedly shuffling about the boat for a while, he hopped off and decided to take a better look at the scenery of the island. There was some greenery, yes, but was it of any use?
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 03:35 AM
Melagant Melagant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 20th, 2013
RPXP: 1365
Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant
Posts: 2,668
Marduke flies back up to the deck "This ship is done for, it needs a big repair on the hole down there." he hears Sunose question and starts to think "I bet the captain had somthing of a good value on this ship and pissed off the wrong person who most likely paid off one of her crewmen to kill her and then brought his own men to clean the ship out. In either case they left a lot of stuff down there that would be worth a lot to hungry people and farmers so my guess is they will be back for it." he gets a glint in his eye and anyone who can see him would say that if he had lips he would have smiled "We should take it first and sell it ourselves."
__________________
My daughter was born at 5:01AM on 6/15/13 at 6.9lbs and 20 inches.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nyx pondered for a second. "Why here?" she asked. "It could be this was a simple mutiny and the idiots crashed the ship, but if that were the case, why would they leave? Shouldn't they be focusing on getting themselves out to sea again?"

Nyx walked to the shrouds of the mast, and looked off over the island. "There's got to be some reason they crashed here. If I were to guess I'd say there's either civilization or a second ship just out of view. I'm going to see if I can get a better view from the crows nest."

Dice Climb (Shrouds):
1d20+2+2 (1)+2+2 Total = 5
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Nyx: You valiantly hoist yourself up, and fall right back down onto...
Dice Luck:
1d4 4

Thaddeus. He is very bendy, and works well as a seating device, but he is not where you were trying to get to. Also, he is wiggling and jiggling trying to get out from under you, and you are not entirely accustomed to your chairs moving while you sit on them.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 5th, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus groans under the sudden weight of gravity's latest victim. "Oh get off me Splyx!" He shifted the weight of his tail and hefted her off of him, listening to the squeaking laughter of the whole time. "If there is another ship or some settlement we need to decide if we're going to wait here for them to come back or go there while we let them bring the rest of the cargo back for us. They did know we were in the cabin, so we should expect the returning forces to be prepared to fight us."
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
"The wind did it!" shouted Nyx as she landed on Thaddeus.
_____________

"That's part of why I was climbing to the crows nest." said Nyx as she got up from the deckboards. "If we can see civilization from here then we can take the remaining supplies and get out without even having to worry about the mutineers."
__________________
Flip!

Last edited by Thunderscreamer; Aug 5th, 2013 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Melagant Melagant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 20th, 2013
RPXP: 1365
Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant Melagant
Posts: 2,668
Marduke listens to the others theories and stiffles a chuckle as Nyx tries to climb to the crows nest and falls back down. He walks over to Nyx "Hold on tight little one, this fall would be worse then the one you just had." he reaches out and grabs a hold of Nyx and hoists her up onto his shoulders and then he takes flight, up....up....up well beyond the crows nest four hundred feet into the air. "See anything little one?" while he tries to
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (9)+4 Total = 13
see anything resembling anything of interest.
__________________
My daughter was born at 5:01AM on 6/15/13 at 6.9lbs and 20 inches.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nyx was surpised at first, but quickly became quite joyful at the flap of the great birdman's helping wing.

"Thank you!" she shouted with a smile.

Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
You are on an island! It's a pretty island, rather blob shaped, with a jungle on most of it. You'd put it at maybe a mile across, if you had to judge. If you oriented yourself by the sun... you're at the northeast part of the island!
Dice Preponderance:
1d20 16

You guess that since the pirates probably haven't left yet, the most likely place for them to have set up shop is on the west part of the island, which is a bunch of craggy volcanic rocks and such. You've heard that pirates grow in caves, and raise their parrotfolk there, so that seems like a good place for a hidden pirate cave.

Now, how to get there? There is a bit of tropical jungle between you and the rocky parts, but it's not too long. Alternatively, you could wander along the beach, taking in the sights and generally being horribly visible to any pirates looking at you. Such is the price you'd have to pay for tourism. All the good sites have gawkers.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 6th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:55 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB