Game Thread Mistakes Were Made - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Scurvy and Scallywags
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus moves closer to Nyx, keeping his eyes on the look out for anything odd. "Think they may have set any traps on the way up?" He asks in a near whisper so the others can hear.

Dice Perception just in case:
1d20+4 (11)+4 Total = 15
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 08:01 AM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nyx, feeling suddenly quite nervous at Thaddeus's remark, stopped and looked each way before crossing the incline.

Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
 

Thaddeus: You start walking forward, then are immediately accosted by two darts on wires shooting out of the wall on your right. You do the limbo in a very Keanu Reeves fashion, though this mainly serves to pop out your back, as you crumple to the ground. In any case, there are now two electrified taser wires right over your body, and you don't think you can just get up without touching them. How rude. (Reflex save success)
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 30th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 03:31 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Sasha yelped as she was thrown off of Thaddeus' shoulder, he let out a soft groan as he remained as still as possible. "So it's a yes on the traps here... someone mind giving me a bit of help?"
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nyx jumps as the traps are set off right behind her, and whipped around. Seeing the yellow snake man pinned to the ground by two electrified wire, she suddenly felt very oblivious for missing everything.

Nyx observed the wire, and weighed her options. She could try to pull it out of the way so that he could escape, but in the end her resistance to electricity would only do so much. A better option was in order. Another thing that she could was drag him out from under the wire, but that still seemed risky of having him bump into the wire. She looked at her sword. She could use it to pry the wires off. Leatherbound hilt? That would cut off the electricity. Wait a second: cut off the elect city? Ahah! Nyx thought as she carefully walked to the end of the wire opposite the dart. If she could cut the wire here, then the electrical currents wouldn't be able to flow through the wires and shock to death Thaddeus.

Nyx carefully raised her sword. She had positioned herself a step away from it, hoping that either she'd hit with the longest part of the blade, bringing with it the most force she could possibly get into her swing, or that she would miss entirely, and not jiggle the wire as she brought the blade down. Nyx took a deep breath, held the sword with both hands, and brought the weapon down.

Dice Attack (Wire):
1d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3


EditI love you too, dice.
__________________
Flip!

Last edited by Thunderscreamer; Aug 30th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Dice Zappy:
3d6+6 (2, 6, 5)+6 Total = 19

Nyx: You lay your blade into the wire, but it does not cut, and your hand slips onto the metal portion of the weapon... (19 LIT damage)

Thaddeus: Nyx does something above you, twitches madly, then falls over beside you to be your friend. In other news, the wire appears inert now, so you can get up safely. Looks like she ate the blast for you. What a pal!
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 30th, 2013 at 07:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 02:44 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus blinked as Nyx fell besides him, a moment passing before he realized it was safe to move. Wiggling out from the metal wire, because you never know with crazy pirate traps, he reaches over and gently shakes her. "Hey, are you all right?"
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:48 AM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Resistances+5 Electricity
14 LIT Damage


As the starts faded from her vision, Nyx sat up. Her body suddenly felt achy and her head hurt, but hey! At least she was all right.

She turned to Thaddeus. She say pretty sure he'd said something, but she'd missed it in her spasms.

"What?" she asked.
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus reached over and gently placed a hand on Nyx's shoulder as he cast a healing spell, letting it's healing energies wash over her before responding.

"I asked if you were all right after doing that. You're doing better now I hope ... it at least sounds like Slx right?" Thaddeus gave a slight smile, he was going to have to remember to attention to traveling companions names more often it seems.

Dice Cure Light Wounds:
1d8+5 (4)+5 Total = 9

Last edited by Konton; Sep 8th, 2013 at 07:52 PM. Reason: forgot the healy roll
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Sep 8th, 2013, 11:18 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
In reality, she had been asking the voice in her hear-er, chest. Nise had made quite the sly comment at the sight of her daughter falling prey to electricity of all things. Nyx envisioned two fingers flipping her mother a V, then turned to Thaddeus and smiled.

"Thank you! I'm feeling very much better." She said with a smile. "And, I never thought of it before, but I guess it soundls like Slx. Nyx is my name."
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Robin begins sliding on his belly, wriggling under the wires like a long fuzzy snake. "Do the worm! It postdates all known cultures who trapped their temples. Trap builders never expect the worm!"
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus nod at Nyx, and at least he'd been close with the name. "It's good to hear that you're doing better."

but as he heard Robin and turned to look at him he gained the look worn by people who just manage to hold back comments laced with dubious belief.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
"I can hear you looking at me like that! You back there. I'll have you know I have a doctorate in this stuff. Technically you don't have to do the worm. You can army crawl if you're worried about dignity. The important thing is we fit under the wires, so if we set off the darts they'll go over us." Robin continues to wiggle along.
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 06:14 PM
Thunderscreamer's Avatar
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2014
RPXP: 110
Thunderscreamer Thunderscreamer
Posts: 135
Nise suddenly had an idea. Nyx wasn't sure about it, but it was at least worth sharing.

"Do you think we could weigh down the wire with a heavy rock or something that wouldn't set off the charge, and step over it? That way, if we need to make a hast escape, we can move the rock after stepping over and the trap is still in place?"
__________________
Flip!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Sep 15th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Konton Konton is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 2nd, 2020
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Posts: 1,204
Thaddeus gave Robin a look before he point to his lower half, in other words his long tail. "You do realize those methods of movement are all variations of how I normally walk yes?"

He turned back to Nyx. "It's possible I suppose."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB