Game Thread Grave Robbers?? - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 03:39 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
OOCGrappling would be odd for this creature as it only have tenicles and a mouth. Basically the tenicle is wrapped around you, but yes a two handed weapon would be difficult to use
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #107  
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 07:20 PM
stobco's Avatar
stobco stobco is offline
<--- That says it all...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2021
RPXP: 7010
stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco
Posts: 2,006
Shen Kalavorian's Mood = Enveloped!
 
left-aligned image

She finds himself wrapped up in the strange creatures tentacle and starts to go through his mind to see if he has any Knowledge Check Arcana = 12
Knowledge Check Dungeoneering = 14
Knowledge Check Nature = 17
Knowledge Check The Planes = 24
knowledge of such a creature and if what's it's weakness is.

At the same time, Shen reaches for the dagger at his waiste and Attack = 25stabs at the tentacle Damage = 7piercing it's "arm", although he's not sure if this type of beast will be hurt by such an attack.

Dice Rolls
__________________
Posting Status = Back, and on the attack. Which means I'm looking for one slow paced, high quality game.

Last edited by stobco; Feb 4th, 2014 at 07:20 PM.
  #108  
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 07:51 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Selte meanwhile curses when he notes that his grease isn't penetrating the tentacle, but hopes that at least it will stop it attaching any more... Not daring to throw flame with his ally current covered in flamable substance he draws his dagger and steps closer, cutting inexpertly at the creatures central mass.

"What... The... Hell..." he manages as he works, "Is this."
oocKnowledge checks for more about this creature?
Dice knowledge arcane planes:
1d20+13 (10)+13 Total = 23
1d20+13 (16)+13 Total = 29
Dice dagger attack damage:
1d20+3 (12)+3 Total = 15
1d4+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #109  
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 11:30 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
Shen stabbing at the creature you find that the tentacle starts to squeeze you. Selte rushing up you strike at the creature stabbing it, looking it over you finally recognize it to be a mimic.


OOCYou both need to make a reflex and str check
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #110  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 08:36 AM
stobco's Avatar
stobco stobco is offline
<--- That says it all...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2021
RPXP: 7010
stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco
Posts: 2,006
Shen Kalavorian's Mood = Concerned!
 
left-aligned image

Still wrapped up in the tentacle, Shen manages to hit the creature and is happy to see it was hurt by his dagger. Unfortunately the dagger came close to being stuck on the creature as well, but Shen Reflex Save = 23managed to keep it free.

Searching in his head, Shen realizes this creature to be a Mimic, and knows that this can be a concern. "It's a Mimic!" he yells at Selte. That concern manifests itself when he's squeezed by the tentacle, pushing out the air from his lungs and coming close to breaking some ribs.

Shen has no choice but to answer back with his dagger, slashing out at it once more Attack = 15, Damage 10hitting it. Once again managing to keep his dagger Reflex Save = 19from sticking to the beast.

Dice Rolls
Dice Rolls #2

OOCI assume the Strength check was if the weapon got stuck. I believe I made the Reflex save so I left out the Strength check.

I'm also assuming the AC for the mimic is 16 so I missed with a 15. That sucks
__________________
Posting Status = Back, and on the attack. Which means I'm looking for one slow paced, high quality game.

Last edited by stobco; Feb 5th, 2014 at 09:29 AM.
  #111  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 08:58 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
OOCyes the str was incase you failed the reflex. You need to make the rolls every time you physically attack the mimic
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #112  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:02 AM
stobco's Avatar
stobco stobco is offline
<--- That says it all...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2021
RPXP: 7010
stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco
Posts: 2,006
OOCNot if I miss though, correct?
__________________
Posting Status = Back, and on the attack. Which means I'm looking for one slow paced, high quality game.

Last edited by stobco; Feb 5th, 2014 at 09:02 AM.
  #113  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:08 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by stobco View Post
OOCNot if I miss though, correct?
OOCcorrect. you only need to make the rolls if you hit, also since it is in grapple it would be considered flat footed so you would have hit
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.

Last edited by dragonfire; Feb 5th, 2014 at 09:10 AM.
  #114  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:23 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Why... Is a mimic... Inside a crypt?!" Selte cries, as the dagger
Dice reflex:
1d20+3 (10)+3 Total = 13
hits. It sinks in a few inches, but then sticks fast and he tugs at it for an instant before cursing and releasing the dagger, then stepping back.

"Careful! Incoming!" he cries, launching another bolt of arcane flame at the creature from just beyond its reach.

"Creature!" he talks, hoping it can understand "Release him now! If you kill him I will no longer need to restrain myself and I will burn you to cinders! You do not know the depths of my true magicks!"
oocYeah... Thats a bluff. I will add intimidate just in case. And I checked, Mimics do actually speak common, with an Int of 10. Go figure.

Blasting him Flame Arc as my Standard Action.
Dice bluff intimidate:
1d20+9 (19)+9 Total = 28
1d20+5 (10)+5 Total = 15
Dice touch attack:
1d20+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; Feb 5th, 2014 at 09:30 AM.
  #115  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 09:30 AM
stobco's Avatar
stobco stobco is offline
<--- That says it all...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2021
RPXP: 7010
stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco
Posts: 2,006
OOCOk, I changed my original post to reflect that I hit the creature and added a reflex save.

Selte has attacked, so I guess it's time for Shen to take damage
__________________
Posting Status = Back, and on the attack. Which means I'm looking for one slow paced, high quality game.
  #116  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 11:09 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
For a moment the mimic holds Shen in the air squeezing him some before slamming him into a wall. In a grunted barely coherent voice, Food, I eat. Food pass it kills myself


OOCTook me all day to figure out how to respond to that. I think its the first time I have ever seen someone try to intimidate and bluff a mimic
Also, sorry Shen, crits happen
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.

Last edited by dragonfire; Feb 5th, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
  #117  
Old Feb 5th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
His original plan had been to distract it, at best have the creature release Shen so they can face it from a better position. But...

"You were hungry? Fair enough, fair enough..." he replies, his mind racing. He moves and helps Shen take a good step away from the creature, so they will have time to react if it approaches. "I do not want to starve you..."

He makes himself look thoughtful, then he 'has an idea' "I tell you what, we will bring you other food! We did invade your home after all... If you wait here we will go forward and find things for you to eat. We will bring things and people back with us, and I am sure something will fill you."

"Does that sound fair..?"
he asks, curiously.
oocThe actual idea is simple enough:
Leave the Mimic here as a kind of rearguard. If we get chased out of later areas we run through here and have the mimic fight them for us. If we don't need it we kill it on the way out, since it IS a maneater and can't be left this close to civilization.

What I am trying to make him believe is that we will go forward and bring back food for him, in return for free passage through the room.
Dice bluff:
1d20+9 (15)+9 Total = 24
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
  #118  
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 07:38 AM
stobco's Avatar
stobco stobco is offline
<--- That says it all...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2021
RPXP: 7010
stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco
Posts: 2,006
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
For a moment the mimic holds Shen in the air squeezing him some before slamming him into a wall. In a grunted barely coherent voice, Food, I eat. Food pass it kills myself


OOCTook me all day to figure out how to respond to that. I think its the first time I have ever seen someone try to intimidate and bluff a mimic
Also, sorry Shen, crits happen
OOCHey DF, from the sounds of it it seems Shen is either unconscious or dead but I don't know for sure. How much damage did he take?
__________________
Posting Status = Back, and on the attack. Which means I'm looking for one slow paced, high quality game.
  #119  
Old Feb 6th, 2014, 09:24 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
OOCit was like 15dmg, I'm treating it as non lethal DMG since it was just being slammed into the wall, I didn't think you two would have that much trouble with a mimic


The mimic looks at you for a moment, You kill it so it not kill myself. Bring me others to eat?
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
  #120  
Old Feb 7th, 2014, 08:02 AM
stobco's Avatar
stobco stobco is offline
<--- That says it all...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2021
RPXP: 7010
stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco stobco
Posts: 2,006
OOCWhere are we located? Are we close to the door that we came through or does the Mimic stand in the way?

Also, I added 15 non-lethal damage to Shen.
__________________
Posting Status = Back, and on the attack. Which means I'm looking for one slow paced, high quality game.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:05 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB