Prologue: Crowd Control - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 04:43 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 7891
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,207
"I would perfer an energetic song to get their attention...but your plan sounds well."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 04:56 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Sure, we can do that. After all, your the expert. I default to what you think is better in that regard. Make us all proud. she smiled.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 05:20 PM
zerocool zerocool is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2014
RPXP: 37
zerocool
Posts: 14
"Commander, with respect, I would like to volunteer for the snatch and grab position. I've never been very musically gifted," Alistair confesses, a slight look of chagrin crossing his face. "However, I am somewhat skilled in dance. Perhaps I could add to the distraction if we have more of us approaching the target undercover as dancers while the concert is going. A distraction to distract from the distraction before we engage." Alistair then forces himself to remember that Iyani is in charge of this operation. With a salute, he adds, "But this is your operation, ma'am. We shall proceed as you see fit! Where can I be of best use to the unit?"
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 07:21 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Oh, please speak freely. Understanding our strengths and weaknesses is paramount to success.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 7891
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,207
"I will go practice momentarily...I shall return commander." Alain smiles and winks at her as he leaves the room.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Mar 7th, 2014, 11:46 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
With as much haste as he could muster without running or looking possessed, Tayrron went to his room to switch out his guns. Upon his return he finds that Alain is no longer in the room but Iyani and Alistair remain. "Sir, I am ready for orders."
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 01:30 AM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 7891
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,207
Alain returns moments later, "Is it time yet?"
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 04:00 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
As the time for debriefing approached. Iyani quickly went over the plan before the team headed to the transport area.

Here is our plan. We will split in to two teams. The first Team, Alain and myself shall draw away the peoples attention by performing a few songs to the crowd. If we are successful, that will remove the fugitives best cover and also make things easier for the second team.

While the concert is being performed, the rest of you will work with the assistant squad at capturing and subduing the fugitive as discreetly as possible. Tayrron, you will be in charge of the second team.

Remember, we are to refrain from violence and always try and keep things under control.
she paused a moment, Any questions or concerns?

After a moment of silence, she grabs her gear that is next to her. Time is up. Let's proceed to the departure dock. as she exited the room and headed to the departure area.

Last edited by kaylara; Mar 9th, 2014 at 10:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Mar 9th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Vaerdis's Avatar
Vaerdis Vaerdis is offline
Rules of Paradise
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 7891
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Posts: 9,207
Alain follows close behind after a salute and, "Aye aye, commander."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
"Understood. Alistar, what are your strengths? Mine are mainly in marksmanship. I am not the best when it comes to melee combat," he said as they exited the room behind Iyani and Alian.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Mar 10th, 2014, 10:34 PM
zerocool zerocool is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2014
RPXP: 37
zerocool
Posts: 14
"I excel mainly at melee combat. I've also got some skill with the bow if needed. If things go south, I've got blunted arrows that can be used to subdue the target. Where do you need me?"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 11:43 AM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
Whew, at least one of us is good at close quarters, Tayrron thought. "That is good news for us. I believe you would do well in the crowd then, possibly flushing the target toward an exit where we trap him. I will try to find some sort of high ground to watch as our plan unfolds before assisting in the capture. Can any of you help us communicate through magical means? It would help to have some level of communication beyond yelling."
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:32 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Iyani smiled as they made way to transport. So, just a recap. Alian and myself will perform to keep the people occupied. This allows Alistar to move thru the crowd and flush out the fugitive. Tayrron will perch at a vantage point to cover Alistar with some non-lethal long range support. We can use standard hand signals for communication.

Alright then, let's do this. Do you think we will see some beautiful things? I hear some of the architecture was crafted many years ago by a famous architect who was also a renowned artist. Iyani looked a little excited as they will be leaving the school and seeing the real world.

Last edited by kaylara; Mar 11th, 2014 at 12:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 12:59 PM
ManicMonky's Avatar
ManicMonky ManicMonky is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 21st, 2022
RPXP: 4008
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
Posts: 6,499
"I would not say specifically long range with this thing," he said, indicating the blunderbuss he now carriesd. "But I will do my best. We should have no trouble with a proverbial 'eye in the sky' paired with your performances."

When the party neared the edge of the mock village, Tayrron began to look for his vantage point that would not be too far away from the scenario. It would also help him to know the lay of the ciry.
Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (14)+9 Total = 23
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Mar 11th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Adamah Adamah is offline
New Member
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 2nd, 2014
RPXP: 363
Adamah Adamah Adamah Adamah
Posts: 514
The village sat in a flat field, about a mile square. From the western edge the Cadets could not see the gathering, but they could hear a number of raised voices, one in particular, coming from the center of the village.

From previous experiences they knew that the central square had a fountain in the middle, the "town hall" on the north side, and four streets, mirroring the points of the compass, branching out. There were also a number of small alleyways between the buildings on the edge of the square.

The group also knew from previous experience that it was fairly easy to climb to the roofs of the buildings situated around the central fountain.

The ten underclassmen assigned to them waited nearby for orders.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:42 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB