Game Thread Chapter One: Sandpoint - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 06:39 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, amidst the chaos of the squareCalystra waves her hand towards one of the remaining goblins in a soothing, almost hypnotic gesture. "To dreams with you, wicked one." She Slumber Hex: DC 15 Will save or fall asleep for one roundplaces an enchantment on the Goblin, one which will hopefully lull it into and immediate, but short, deep sleep.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 08:32 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post



Cathedral Square, SandpointThree goblins lie on the ground, completely out of the fight. The other two menace Scourge of Darkness, waving their dogslicers menacingly.

An arrow flies from Gwenifer's bow, embedding itself into the arm of the nearest goblin, who then promptly falls to the ground, deep asleep after hearing the chanted words of the elven Witch.

The other goblin turns and flees, compelled by an intense desire to be as far away from the persuasive oracle.

The crowd is still in panic, but there are no immediate threats.


OoGMStatus:
Two Goblins at negative HP, but stable.
One Goblin at negative HP dying.
One Goblin asleep next to SoD.
One Goblin fleeing as fast as possible (120 ft/round) toward the edge of town.)
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

Last edited by Ziether; Jul 1st, 2014 at 08:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jul 1st, 2014, 10:06 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, with ScourgeZachory turns to the the direction of Gwenifer, his voice taking a commanding tone.

"Archer! Take the straggler!"

Focusing his attention to the slumbering creature before him, Zachory goes silent.

5-foot stepStepping up to the beast, Zachory kneels on it's chest and lets fly an incredible punch from his right Coup de Grace with Cestus
Dice Damage (automatic critical hit):
1d4+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
1d4+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
hand.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 01:42 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness in the aftermathScourge of Darkness growled at the fleeing goblin, realizing he could never catch the tiny, fleeing coward. He yelled out as loud as he could while remaining understandable; "spread out and search for more. I've never seen only 5 goblins before."

Closing his eyes and grabbing his holy symbol, he gave a short Cast detect evilprayer "Sarenrae, grant me the vision to seek out your enemies," then set off in the direction the first goblin had come from.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 08:48 AM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer LlewellynGwenifer notched another arrow and spotted the fleeing goblin, though she did not fire. The goblin was fast and moved out of range before she could finish preparing for her next shot. With no immediate need for her bow she replaced the arrow in her quiver but kept the weapon at the ready in her hand just in case.

Before she jumps down from the bed of the wagon she surveys the town square and saw a few people helping others. Knowing this was not her strong suite she went to the downed goblins and began
Dice Perception:
1d20+5 (18)+5 Total = 23
searching the bodies for anything that may tell them why they attacked. Though admittedly they were goblins, and although her expertise was more with animals, she figured they probably did not need a reason beside hunger and the need for wanton destruction.
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 10:34 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, in the aftermath of the attack in the squareThe witch
Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
looks around for any more signs of trouble. She also looks for her familiar, which should be returning from its sweeping arc above the city square. Calystra listens to her inner voice for the Empathic Link with Aurorashared emotional impressions between her and Aurora, as they may give forewarning as to what danger lurks close by.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
OoGMI'll be posting this in the XP thread once I remember, but each of you receive 200 XP for defeating the Goblins, and an additional 25 XP for style.


Sandpoint, Cathedral SquareThe crowd has calmed to the north, but suddenly, a fire erupts to the south a bit. A large cart has erupted in flames! The cart was full of accelerant-soaked wood, ready for the Festival Bonfire!

Harsh flames leap into the twilight, and illuminate another group of goblins, six in all!

Two ready their whips, chanting:

"Slice their faces,
Kill their dogs,
Eat their feast,
Burn those logs!"


The other four brandish their dogslicers, cutting at any townsfolk that stray too near.

The heat radiating from the pile of burning logs is intense, and the smoke stings the eyes of all around, but seems not to hinder the bloodthirsty goblins, as they begin to attack!


OoGM Range to targets, about 25 feet.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

Last edited by Ziether; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 12:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 01:37 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer LlewellynGwenifer turns away from the task she was performing when fire breaks out to the south. She gazes in the direction of the fire and has to shade her eyes momentarily, with her free hand, for them to adjust. They had gotten used to the dim light of evening in the town square.

As the light of the fire reveals the goblins she says something in You have got to be kidding me.Elven, which to her is much more natural language than common, before notching an arrow and
Dice ATK:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
Dice DMG:
1d8 2
letting it fly.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 05:00 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, confronting the second wave of goblinsCalystra calmly, almost casually, draws her shortbow and
Dice Shortbow attack on the wounded goblin:
1d20+2cx,20 (15)+2 Total = 17
1d6ci2 3
fires an arrow at the same target that was just struck by the hooded archer. She calls out to the others who seem brave and capable enough to fight back against the raiders and says, "Stand firm like trees, friends. I will do what I can to help!"


 
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 06:26 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, with the crewCrafty little freaks. The smoke was hardly something they'd have planned, but it was a novel distraction none the less.

For everyone's benefit though, that fire had to go. Zachory 5-foot stepmoves off to the side from the party and aims at the cart with his palm. Concentrating on a Cast Create Water cantrip inside the bonfire cart.visual image, Zachory soaks the fire at its core, looking to prevent further destruction.

Grasping the hilt with his other hand, Zachory then draws his greatsword, motioning anyone stupid enough to challenge him to take their best shot.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:04 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness, on the front lineScourge scowled briefly at Zachory as he went into his defensive stance. "You're bigger, take the fight to them!" Without waiting for Zachory to follow, Scourge of Darkness
Dice charge action, power attack. against one with a whip:
d20+4+2-1 (18)+4+2-1 Total = 23
2d4+4+3 (4, 2)+4+3 Total = 13
Dice confirm critical:
d20+4+2-1 (8)+4+2-1 Total = 13
2d4+4+3 (2, 4)+4+3 Total = 13
AC=13 for one round
charged at the closest of the chanting goblins, putting every ounce of his muscle into the blow.

Last edited by Ubernostrum; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Confirm Crit
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:22 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Cathedral Square, Sandpoint (Southern Edge) 100 bonus XPThe elven woman and the human girl each let fly arrows which struck home, embedding themselves in the gut of the same goblin. It flinched with pain, and cried out loudly, but the driving will of the chanters kept it on its feet.

Water appeared out of nowhere in the midst of the blazing inferno, quenching a very small portion of the fire. The entire cart was now ablaze, scorching any who ventured too near its intense heat. A cloud of steam erupted from the top of the cart as the conjured liquid evaporated under the fire's powerful energy.

The hulking paladin swiftly closed with the nearer chanter and struck hard. The goblin fell back, cleft from hip to armpit. Its eyes rolled back into its head and it tottered for a moment and fell.

The other chanter
Dice Combat Maneuver Check to Trip:
1d20-2 (17)-2 Total = 15
struck out with its whip, knocking the big half-orc on his back. The little creature cackled with delight at his apparent success!

The four goblins armed with dogslicers gave out a shout of triumph and turned their attention to the downed paladin.
Dice Goblin 1 Dogslicer:
1d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
Dice Goblin 2 Dogslicer:
1d20+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
Dice Goblin 3 Dogslicer:
1d20+3 (14)+3 Total = 17
Dice Goblin 4 Dogslicer:
1d20+3 (18)+3 Total = 21
Dice Goblin 1 Damage:
1d4+1 (3)+1 Total = 4
Dice Goblin 2 Damage:
1d4+1 (3)+1 Total = 4
Dice Goblin 3 Damage:
1d4+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
Dice Goblin 4 Damage:
1d4+1 (3)+1 Total = 4
Striking out with their dogslicers, two landing hits to the holy man's torso, cutting through the joints of his armor.

The cackling chanter urged his fellows on "Kill, bite, eat! Slay these horse-lovers!"


OoGMStatus:
1 Dying Chanter
1 Full Chanter
3 Full Goblins
1 Badly Hurt Goblin

Scourge of Darkness is on the ground, tripped by the Chanter's whip.

Everyone else is fine.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

Last edited by Ziether; Jul 2nd, 2014 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Finished!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jul 2nd, 2014, 09:48 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, outside Scourge's skirmish"Blast it....still pathetic at these spells..."

Zachory scowled at himself for not taking care of the fire. Two gallons simply wasn't enough.

Seeing the armored half-orc drop, Zachory pays heed to the paladin's earlier remark. He was unlucky to be caught by the whip, and would soon be overpowered.

Rushing to Scourge's aid, Zachory Charge vs closest dogslicer goblin
Dice Charge attack:
1d20+5+2 (6)+5+2 Total = 13
Dice Charge damage:
2d6+7 (4, 2)+7 Total = 13
charges the closest opponent, greatsword aloft.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 12:01 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, assisting her alliesThe valiant half-orc loses his footing and is swarmed by Goblins. Calystra watches as they assail him with small blades, some connecting and wounding the warrior despite his attempts at defense. Risking her own safety, she gets close enough to
Dice Cure Light Wounds on Scourge:
1d8+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
use her magical healing on her ally, hoping she doesn't accidentally provoke one of the bloodthirsty Goblins.


 
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 01:31 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness, sprawled on the groundScourge let out on "oomph" as he hit the ground. His eyes began to glaze over in a bloodrage as the dogslicers sliced into him, unwilling to meet his end so easily. Thankfully, a sudden surge of energy invigorated and calm him. Realizing that standing up would expose him more than he already was, Scourge
Dice Roll:
d20+4-4 (10)+4-4 Total = 10
2d4+4 (1, 3)+4 Total = 8
struck out at the goblin closest to him.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB