Game Thread Chapter One: Sandpoint - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 09:00 AM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer LlewellynGwenifer watches as the big defender goes down and is immediately surrounded goblins. She turns towards the situation and finds a target among those attacking the fallen man. However, before she can fire several other defenders go to his aid. With the big man taken care of she turns her focus towards the other whip wielding goblin notches an arrow and lets it fly.


 



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 10:49 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Cathedral Square, SandpointThe chaos continued...Gwenifer's arrow glanced off the studded leather of the chanting goblin's armor, and Scourge of Darkness' flailing strike found nothing but air as the goblins danced about, swinging their blades and cackling with delight at the combat.

"Thank you for your assistance, noble warriors! I will help!"Stepping up from the crowd, Father Zantus got close to the gathered goblins and pulled out his Holy Symbol of Desna. "Pecah Bunyi!" he exclaimed, and a clap of thunder emanated from his body, striking three of the goblins attacking Scourge of Darkness, as well as the chanting one with the whip.
 

The blast disoriented two of the swarming creatures, and distracted the chanter, who turned on the priest with fury!

The chanter's whip
Dice Trip Combat Maneuver:
1d20-2 (13)-2 Total = 11
struck out at the priest's legs, failing to entangle the holy man.

The two remaining goblins continued to assault Scourge of Darkness,
Dice Goblin 1 Attack roll:
1d20+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
Dice Goblin 4 Attack roll:
1d20+3 (15)+3 Total = 18
Dice Goblin 1 Damage:
1d4+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
Dice Goblin 4 Damage:
1d4+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
slicing with their weapons, hoping to spill the blood of the warrior of light.


Results!Status:
1 Dying Chanter
1 Moderately Damaged Chanter
1 Dying Goblin
2 Badly Hurt Goblins
1 Full Goblin

Scourge of Darkness took 2 damage this round.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

Last edited by Ziether; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 10:56 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 04:04 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, in combat against the chanting Goblin and its minionsThe assistance of Father Zantus brought renewed will to Calystra. "Desna guide us, stars protects us! Evil has no place here, miscreant," she said as she Slumber Hex on Goblin with the whip: DC 15 Will Savewaved her hand at the chanting Goblin, hoping to place a hex of sleep upon it. She does this as she 5 ft. steptakes a step backward, putting some space between her the armed Goblins.


 
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 05:07 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, still with Scourge and Calystra"A timely arrival, old man."

Zachory notices Scourge receiving another wound - these goblins needed to be gone. Taking aim with his blade, Zachory Greatsword vs previous target
Dice Attack:
1d20+5 (20)+5 Total = 25
Dice Critical Confirmation:
1d20+5 (7)+5 Total = 12
Dice Damage:
2d6+7 (5, 2)+7 Total = 14
lashes out at the one he previously attempted to charge.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Wasted; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 05:08 PM. Reason: critical confirmation
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jul 3rd, 2014, 08:53 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness, battling for his lifeScourge of Darkness continued to roll and squirm on the ground, doing his best to avoid his tormentors and still
Dice Roll:
d20+4-4 (5)+4-4 Total = 5
d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
strike back at them, trying to overcome the awkwardness of being off his feet through sheer strength, but failing miserably at it.


 

Last edited by Ubernostrum; Jul 3rd, 2014 at 08:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 08:23 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer LlewellynGwenifer watches as her arrow appears to do little to no damage to the goblin it struck and tries for the same goblin again. However, she notices that their focus is on the big man and the action going on in that general area of the square. With that in mind she moves to her left trying to flank the whip wielding goblins on their right when she gets into a good position she notches her arrow and lets it fly.


 



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jul 4th, 2014, 10:01 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Cathedral Square, SandpointGwenifer's arrow struck home, burying itself deep into the goblin's back, protruding from its chest. The goblin gurgled a line of its chant, then fell backwards, embedding the arrow even more securely.

Seeing their leaders fall, the remaining goblins Withdraw Actiondashed away, rushing down an alley to find refuge.

Looking around, the unlikely adventurers noticed that the battle in the square had died down. The occasional goblin darted out to grab some food, disappearing into the shadows. The townsfolk had scattered to the four winds.

Father Zantus spoke up "Again, I thank you. Would you mind helping with any mopping up actions?"

The city's priest chanted for a moment, and
Dice Channel Positive Energy (Healing):
2d6 2, 3 Total = 5
a wave of warmth washed over the four companions.


Cathedral Square, Sandpoint, some minutes later"AHHHHHHH!!! SAVE ME!!!! MY DOG!!!!" a voice cried out from the north. A dog was barking menacingly, and there were several goblin voices shouting encouragement.


OOGMXP has been rewarded. Link is available in the OOC thread, as well as the XP thread. If there is anything you wish to do in the intervening time between the two sections of this post, feel free to do so. I'll give you 5 in-game minutes.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jul 5th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer LlewellynGwenifer surveyed the Cathedral Square for some minutes, taking aim at the goblins who darted out of the dark but was unable to fire upon them before they disappeared again, carrying off whatever they could grab. Just as she was about to again attempt to search the goblins, and trust be told get a better look at the creatures as she had never seen them up close before now, a cry for help came from the north. Without thinking she reacted, her adrenaline still pumping from this encounter, holding her bow with an arrow ready, but not drawn, as she ran off in the direction of the cry for help.



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 02:27 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of DarknessScourge rose and snarled at the fleeing goblins, then composed himself and cleaned his falchion as he approach the priest. "Thank you Father for your assistance. Thanks to you and the rest of these fine warriors, I can continue to rid the world of this filth. Is there anywhere else we can help?"
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jul 6th, 2014, 06:36 AM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory ArndtZachory says nothing at first - not to the priest, nor the combatants. He once more contemplates leaving the town, but before he can voice his decision, distress sounds.

Drawing his blade once more, Zachory hears the screams and chants from the north, then darts off to assist Gwenifer.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 01:41 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, after the fight in the square
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
Looking around, the unlikely adventurers noticed that the battle in the square had died down. The occasional goblin darted out to grab some food, disappearing into the shadows. The townsfolk had scattered to the four winds.

Father Zantus spoke up "Again, I thank you. Would you mind helping with any mopping up actions?"
The Elf lowered her guard as no imminent threats were near. She closed her eyes briefly while placing a hand over her heart, letting out a inaudible sigh. When her eyes opened and Father Zantus spoke, she nodded to him and said, "Think nothing of it Father. I'm glad I was able to help save those that were able to be saved. My thanks to you, Father, and to these three valiant warriors." Calystra gestured towards the hooded bow-woman, armored Half-Orc, and disgruntled Human with a greatsword. "It is good to know that there are others who use their strength to protect those who are unable to protect themselves. Might I have your names? I am Calystra Elenaur, of Kyonin."

Calystra wondered where Aurora was, and looked around overhead for her. As if on cure, a sound from not too far away signaled that the town was not yet safe from danger . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
"AHHHHHHH!!! SAVE ME!!!! MY DOG!!!!" a voice cried out from the north. A dog was barking menacingly, and there were several goblin voices shouting encouragement.
"I suppose our introductions will have to wait!" She followed the others as they ran towards the disturbance without hesitation.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter

Last edited by JasonWFD; Jul 7th, 2014 at 01:55 AM. Reason: Forgot my fieldset!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post



Northern SandpointThe four weary combatants dashed towards the source of the commotion. The crowds were nowhere to be found, and the streets were relatively orderly. The baying of a hunting dog pierced through the cackle of several goblins, and the growls of another creature.

Rounding the last corner before reaching the gate, a horrific scene unfolds.

A well-dressed man is trying to shield himself from a pack of goblins behind a large barrel. His wolfhound is bravely standing on the other side of the barrel, locked muzzle to muzzle with an ugly pink creature with a goblin on its back. The mounted goblin swings his long-handled blade, slicing deep into the wolfhound's neck, severing its spine. The faithful dog crashes to the ground, convulsing through its death throes.

"Shayla, no!" the well-dressed man wailed, openly weeping at the sight of his slain dog.

"Get pinkskin, brothers!" the mounted goblin orders, and the three goblins on foot rush forward with their dogslicers at the ready. The mounted goblin straps his weapon down to his mount and draws out a bow, preparing to nock an arrow.

Father Zantus cries out "Mister Foxglove, take heart! We will save you!"


OOGMSurprise round! You are 40 feet from the goblins, but you get a surprise round and a regular round of combat before the goblins will respond. The on-foot goblins are 40 feet away, and the mounted goblin is 60 feet away.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 12:40 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, Northern SandpointBow at the ready, Calystra immediately jumps into action,
Dice Attack with Shortbow at mounted Goblin:
1d20+2cx,20 (18)+2 Total = 20
1d6ci2 2
firing a quick shot at the lead Goblin. She then positions herself just close enough to point at one of the sword-wielding Goblins Slumber Hex, Will save DC 15and will it to sleep.


 


 
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 01:22 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer LlewellynGwenifer quickly took in the scene before her. As the mounted goblin struck down the mans dog she ground her teeth together to avoid cursing at the goblin. Without any thought she draws her bow and fires two arrows in quick succession. The first at the mounted goblin, the second at its mount.


 



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of DarknessNot having a bow if his own, Scourge move speed 20ft raced after the arrows of his allies, his sword poised to finish off anything that survived the initial volley.

Reaching the closest of the goblins, his blade and fury were unleashed,
Dice Roll:
d20+4 (7)+4 Total = 11
2d4+4 (2, 4)+4 Total = 10
slashing at everything within reach before they knew what hit them.

Last edited by Ubernostrum; Jul 7th, 2014 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Add second round of actions.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:25 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB