Game Thread Chapter One: Sandpoint - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
ZachoryToo far from the enemy to launch a javelin, Zachory allows the archer's arrows to pass before entering the fray. Running behind Scourge, Zachory Surprise Round: Move 30ft.pursues the group of closest goblins.

Lofting his greatsword, Zachory takes aim at the closest goblin not being targeted by the half-orc and Charge vs Goblin w/ Greatsword
Dice Attack:
1d20+5+2 (17)+5+2 Total = 24
Dice Damage:
2d6+7 (5, 6)+7 Total = 18
charges the foe, blade at the ready.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 06:48 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Sandpoint, North GateCalystra's chanting had its desired effect, and one of the goblins dropped to the ground, asleep.

Gwenifer's arrows streaked toward the remaining goblins, one striking deep, but not hindering its target, the other barely missing the other goblin's mount as its rider pulled the reins, moving the animal out of harm's way.

The big paladin charged into the fray, flailing his falchion futilely.

Zachory's greatsword removed the head from the last goblin's shoulders, tumbling along the road, while the body crumpled in a heap.


RetaliationThe remaining goblin stretched out its arm, Called Shot
Dice Attack Roll:
1d20 16
Dice Damage:
1d4 1
attempting to slice Scourge of Darkness's arm

The rider nocked his arrow, and
Dice Shortbow:
1d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17
Dice Damage:
1d4 4
sent it flying at the armored paladin.

"Get the half-orc!" yelled the mounted goblin. "He must be the leader!"


OOGM1 dead goblin
1 sleeping goblin
1 slightly hurt goblin
1 full health mounted goblin
1 full health mount

Scourge of Darkness takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls for
Dice Roll:
1d4 3
rounds.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

Last edited by Ziether; Jul 7th, 2014 at 06:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 09:23 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Sandpoint, North GateGwenifer watches one of her arrows find its mark. As the mounted Goblin commands those that follow him to attack the half-orc she notches another arrow. She then begins to side step, keeping her eye on the goblin leader, toward Mister Foxglove. After she moves fifteen feet closer to the citizen she drew her bow and fired the arrow at the mounted goblin again.


 



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 09:26 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, fighting in Northern SandpointCalystra uses her witchcraft, shifting subtle energies around the Slumber Hex on the mount, Will save DC 15Goblin leader's mount, in an attempt to make it too fall asleep. With luck, it suddenly collapsing would throw the rider to the ground.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
ZachoryContinuing the momentum from his blow, Zachory plants his feet and maneuvers to the foot soldier maimed by Gwenifer's previous shot. Reaching out with his right hand, Zachory 5 foot stepspins to the right and fires off a
Dice Attack with Cestus vs Slightly Hurt Goblin:
1d20+5 (12)+5 Total = 17
Dice Damage (Piercing):
1d4+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
dastardly backhand strike to the wounded creature's face.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Jul 7th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Amid the cacophony of battle, Scourge cried out "Sarenrae, help me to rid the land of this filth." A warm, subtle glow Smite evil: mounted goblin for +2 to hit and +2 ACsuddenly surrounded him as mercilessly impaled the sleeping goblin on the ground.

His way cleared, Scourge of Darkness stomped towards the mounted goblin in a wordless challenge, eyes full of divine rage and blade dripping goblin blood.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 01:22 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Sandpoint, North GateCalystra's hex took immediate effect, dropping the goblin's mount to the dirt road, its master tumbling lightly from his mount, dropping his bow, and drawing out his horsechopper as he Charge Actioncharged at Zachory,
Dice Masterwork Horsechopper:
1d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16
Dice Damage:
1d8+1 (7)+1 Total = 8
swinging the lashed-together blade in a flat arc at the man's midsection.

As the leader charged the cursed man, an arrow rocketed from the string of Gwenifer's bow, embedding itself into the creature's flank. The goblin paid it no heed, but finished his charge savagely.

As the Oracle faced down his attacker, he struck out with his light weapon, punching a hole in the other standing assailant's chest, knocking it clean off its feet, and depriving it of its senses.

The mighty paladin devoted to Sarenrae utterly destroyed the last of the goblin lackeys with his strike, leaving only their leader standing. The beast suddenly awoke from its temporary slumber, and looked around ,trying to find and reunite itself with its master.


OOGMStatus:
3 Dead Goblins
1 prone but awake Goblin Dog (Full Health)
1 vulnerable, moderate health Goblin Leader

DISCLAIMER: I forgot to add the +2 from the Charge action to the Goblin Leader's attack roll. It actually hits. Sorry for any confusion.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

Last edited by Ziether; Jul 8th, 2014 at 01:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 01:38 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
With the goblin leader distracted by attacking Zachory, Scourge charged it from behind, delivering a
Dice add another 2 to hit if I got both flanking too:
d20+4-2+2+2 (6)+4-2+2+2 Total = 12
2d4+4+1 (1, 1)+4+1 Total = 7
great overhand swing that would have cleaved the stones of Golarion itself, but alas, the squirmy thing dodged out of the way and it was everything Scourge could do to maintain his balance, much less defend himself properly.

Last edited by Ubernostrum; Jul 8th, 2014 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Pretty sure I missed, even if I got flanking.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 02:39 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, fighting in Northern SandpointThe Goblin leader was surrounded by the two warriors now, and it was likely to get desperate. Calystra had yet to use her hex upon the leader. She summoned up the well of energy inside herself, and Slumber Hex on Goblin Leader, Will save DC 15channeled it towards her enemy, hoping to bring this conflict to a quick halt so that none of her fellow defenders were at further risk.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 03:41 AM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory"Pray to your god, creature. Make your final wish, now."

Zachory pauses for a split-second.

"Time's up." With a gleaning smile of happiness, the haunted man
Dice Flanking Greatsword vs Goblin Leader:
1d20+5+2 (11)+5+2 Total = 18
Dice Damage:
2d6+7 (2, 2)+7 Total = 11
brings his blade around and downward across the leader's chest.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 03:16 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Sandpoint, North GateGwenifer noticed that her new found comrades seemed to take care of the goblins quickly. However, the mount, or dog like creature the goblin was riding, was still alive. She slowly notched her arrow, keeping her eyes on the creature, then drew, holding the draw longer than she intended as she wondered if she should actually kill the mount or not. Then she was reminded that it was trained and probably mistreated by the goblins and no matter what happened to it, it would not fit into civilized society in anyway. Striking it down could be considered an act of mercy...


 



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Sandpoint, North GateScourge of Darkness and Zachory each swung their blades at the last remaining goblin, who went limp even before the twin strikes cleaved his body into three meaty pieces, each slapping to the ground with a wet, sticky sound. The arrow launched from Gwenifer's bow buried itself deep into the flank of the leader's mount, eliciting a horrid shrieking sound from the creature's mouth.

Te mount lurched to its feet and dashed away, out the North Gate and toward safety.

It seemed that all the goblins had disappeared. Fires raged here and there, but townsfolk were busy putting them out. The cornered noble emerged from his hiding place to softly stroke his hound's motionless side, weeping audibly.

Father Zantus looked around, confirming that the danger was past. "Thank you again, brave souls. May Desna smile on your endeavors. Speak my name at any of the inns tonight. They will put you up on my tab. That is the least I can do for you. Feel free to visit me in the coming days. I have others to check on."


OoGM300 XP/person!
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 10:04 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, after the battle in Northern Sandpoint
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
Father Zantus looked around, confirming that the danger was past. "Thank you again, brave souls. May Desna smile on your endeavors. Speak my name at any of the inns tonight. They will put you up on my tab. That is the least I can do for you. Feel free to visit me in the coming days. I have others to check on."
"You are most kind, Father Zantus. I'm glad I was here to help defend the town. Tranquil starlight shine upon you," Calystra said with a respectful nod.

She then took a few steps over to the corpse of the noble's faithful dog, kneeling over it and whispering a silent Elven wish of peaceful transition of the soul to the great beyond. "She defended you with her very life," Calystra said to Mister Foxglove. "That is the truest sign of unconditional love for another. Keep that love in your heart, and know that her soul is now among the stars. She watches over you, in death as in life." She placed a hand on the grieving man's shoulder and gave him a look of sympathy and comfort while she said this. After giving the man a few moments to absorb her words, she slowly removed her hand and took a few steps away.

"Aurora! To me, friend!" Calystra yelled out in Elven to her familiar and made a sweeping gesture with her right arm. She then shouldered her shortbow and turned to the warriors who helped her defend Sandpoint.

"Thank you, friends, for putting yourself in harms way to save these people. As I was saying before, my name is Calystra Elenaur. I hail from a small town in the nation of Elves, Kyonin. As you may have guessed, I have the flow of magic at my command." At that point, the sound of a raven calling out rang from above. Calystra extended her right arm, and a beautiful blue-black raven landed gracefully on her outstretched forearm. "This is Aurora. We are travelling together to learn more about the world. Might I suggest we find one of these inns and replenish ourselves together? If I may, I'd like to know more about each of you."
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 10:48 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Sandpoint, North GateGwenifer visibly relaxes though she still seems tense to those around her. She adjusted her hood, pulling it more over the left side of her face to hide the mask. She did not shoulder her weapon, but instead removed the string from the weapon, and wound it tightly around her hand and placed it in a belt pouch. She now held the bow as if it was a bo stick or walking staff, she did all this while the elf was talking. Once the elf was done she introduced herself, "I am Gwenifer Llewellyn. I am from this general area of the region."

After she finished introducing herself she walked up to the goblins and attempted to salvage any of her arrows, she then searched the goblins for anything of use or value or perhaps a reason why they might have attacked, besides the fact that they're goblins.


 



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Jul 8th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, after the battleZachory still hungered for more goblins. Dually angered at the ease with which they dropped, but relieved that the townspeople were protected, Zachory scowls slightly less at he turns to he group.

"You each made fine combatants. Father - you may not remember my name, but you may remember this."

Picking up a nearby pebble, the stone is 10ft. in a random direction - Haunted Oracle Curseflung away from the group by a mischevious spirit, toying with Zachory for reasons unknown. Reaching out to one of the nearby goblin dogslicers, Zachory Cast Mage Handpulls it to himself with thought and grasps it by the hilt.

Examining its edge and construction, he places it back on the ground, not dropping it, in case it flies into someone's face.

"Paladin - allow me to Cast Cure Light Wounds on Scourge
Dice CLW:
1d8+1 (5)+1 Total = 6
tend those wounds. My name is Zachory. Zachory Arndt."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Wasted; Jul 8th, 2014 at 11:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB