Game Thread Chapter One: Sandpoint - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:40 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness, calming himself from the battle"Thank you, Zachory, and well met. I am Scourge of Darkness, warrior-servant of Sarenrae." Scourge reverently wiped his blade on the clothing of the goblin leader, then placed it in the sheath on his back. Looking over those gathered, he said "well fought, all of you. This was a much more, invigorating, vacation than I imagined, and we have certainly earned the ales that await us. But first, there is more work to be done."

Saying nothing more, Scourge followed behind Gwenifer, I've got 170lbs of capacity left. At ~35 lbs each, I should be able to carry all 4 of them.hefting each of the goblin carcasses over his shoulder once she was done searching the bodies, then carrying them to the closest gate to be burned.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Jul 9th, 2014, 01:57 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Sandpoint, that eveningIn the aftermath of the goblin raid, several of the little balls of death were captured alive. None were familiar with WHY they were attacking the city, other than to try to kill as many people as possible, and burn down buildings.

Sadly, they had been largely successful. Several homes had burned to the ground, and a few businesses had fire damage, but nothing crucial.
The goblins' only real information was that their leader was "a humanone of you longshanks."

The innkeeper at the Rusty Dragon, Ameiko Kaijitsu, took the heroes' word that Father Zantus was willing to pay for their lodging, but insisted that they could stay under her roof for a week, and that Father Zantus wouldn't be charged a copper. "You young folks really saved the town. Those goblins would have killed us all! Come, sit by the fire while I get your rooms ready."


OoGMIn the morning, you may explore Sandpoint, talk to NPCs, get to know each other, etc. If you don't know the name of a character, don't worry. It'll be supplied in short order.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 01:21 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, inside the Rusty Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
"You young folks really saved the town. Those goblins would have killed us all! Come, sit by the fire while I get your rooms ready."
"You are too kind. Thank you for your generous hospitality," Calystra says with an easy, warm smile. She finds a comfortable place to sit near the fire, with Aurora finding a perch on the back of a chair next to her. Her smile beams as she looks around at the other defenders of the town, and gestures for them to join her.

"Please, if you would like to join me I would more than welcome it. I am very eager to meet knew people, especially ones that I already know I can trust. You were all so valiant, much like the stories of adventurers I've heard about back home. I must say that even if our paths diverge going forward, it has been a blessing and an honor that I was able to meet you.

Perhaps I seem too eager, in which case I apologize. Truly, this is my first time away from the borders of Kyonin. I have never been on my own, on the road, away from friends and family before. We Elves are known for our patience, but I must say that I can hardly wait to see what more there is to see! The world is full of mystery and wonder. And stars alive I would not think that after arriving at my first Human settlement I would be besieged by Goblins. Strange tidings, indeed!"
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Jul 10th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Inside the Rusty DragonGwenifer enters the Rusty Dragon and is greeted by the Innkeeper. In return to his warm welcome she smiles towards him a bit awkwardly, from beneath her hood, and thanks him for his kindness. She slowly follows Calystra towards the seats and sits as far away from the fire as possible, avoiding the heat and the light. She kept her hood up and when one of the staff walked by she stopped them and ordered something to eat with water to drink.

She listened to Calystra and thought; She has her head in the clouds, Mystery and Wonder indeed. More like Cruelty and Apathy. But these thoughts she did not give voice to. When the elf finished talking Gwenifer simply sat by quietly and
Dice Perception:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
listened to conversations that were going on around her in the Inn. Maybe someone was gossiping about the recent attack or something else equally interesting.



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 12:46 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness, at the Rusty Dragon
Scourge of Darkness joined the two ladies and sat right next to the fire, more to keep from turning his back from the room than for the heat. He kept a
Dice perception:
d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
vigilant eye on the room as he listened to Calystra and ordered a pair of strong ales when the barmaid came over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWFD View Post
"The world is full of mystery and wonder. And stars alive I would not think that after arriving at my first Human settlement I would be besieged by Goblins. Strange tidings, indeed!"
"Sarenrae has certainly provided many wonders in this world, but goblins attacking a town like Sandpoint is no mystery. They'll jump on just about any chance at plunder if they think it's there." Scourge quaffed the first mug of ale in a single gulp. "The real mystery is why they would be following a human. Have you heard of anything in particular being missing?"
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
ZachoryZachory does not sit with the group initially, preferring instead to retreat to a booth far in the back corner.

Why was he still here? He'd done his bit here - now was not the planned time to come back to Sandpoint on a more permanent basis. Undoubtedly this town neededb protection, but to be provided by him? The other three had shown themselves capable of holding off an incursion, - why not just go? Return when you're ready to take on the goblins at the core of their forces?

Catching wind of Scourge's thoughts, Zachory joins the conversation from afar.

"Goblins don't need a reason to pillage their prey."

Taking up a stool, Zachory telekineses his stein from the other table to the new one. "They follow whatever notions are fed into their feeble minds, like drones. They're the cause of why I am what I am."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 01:58 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, at the Rusty Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubernostrum
"The real mystery is why they would be following a human. Have you heard of anything in particular being missing?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
"Goblins don't need a reason to pillage their prey."

Taking up a stool, Zachory telekineses his stein from the other table to the new one. "They follow whatever notions are fed into their feeble minds, like drones. They're the cause of why I am what I am."
Calystra raised an eyebrow at the ornery armored man. "The cause? It seems you have a gift for some kind of magic. Though from the way you speak, it sounds to me like you don't consider it a gift at all. May I ask why, Zachory?"
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 03:23 AM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, to CalystraFlustered, Zachory swigs the remaining half of his ale in one serving.

"The magic itself? A gift, literally. Unwanted, but not entirely unwelcomed, though, don't get me wrong. I am not a holy man, do not mistake me for so. Observe."

Raising his stein away from the table, Zachory uses his holding hand to channel a Create Water - 1 gallon slow downpour around the steincantrip as he lets the object go. Through the downpour, an the outline of an invisible arm can be noticed through the refractions of light amongst the water. Swiping the stein out of mid air, the spirit forms its hand into a The Birdrude gesture at Zachory before it vanishes. The stein slams into the wall behind the group, drawing an aggravated glare from the barkeep.

"I am cursed. For whatever reason, I do not understand. I was killed in this town, you see. By goblins. Ran me through the chest and slit my throat. The gods, damn them, took my family from me and brought me back to this plane. Gave me power I did not ask for - no charge bequeathed, no guidance or justification, not even a visitation or message from their faithful."

Getting up from his seat, Zachory moves to the wall and bends down to pick the stein off the floor. "I don't care where this power comes from. I just want this curse gone. All I know is........"

Standing up, he turns back to Calystra.

"It's a YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!mystery."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

The Rusty Dragon, the following morningIn the morning, the unlikely companions' hostess had laid out a sumptuous breakfast of sausages, fruits, and light ales. "Please, partake. Your rooms will be cleaned while you are about today."

As the four sat down to eat, an acolyte of the Cathedral stopped by. "Thank you for saving our town, young heroes. May Desna ever smile on your actions. Father Zantus wishes to speak with you at the Boneyard in the northwest of town. He said he'd meet you there. Please bring your gear, you never know what will happen in such a wretched place. Oh, you are breaking your fast? Please finish. This business can wait at least that long. I will stay with you, I have heard that you are not locals. If you have any questions, I'd very much enjoy helping you!"

"I am Fenrik Daernest, novice priest of Desna. Let me just say, I am your biggest fan." the acolyte proffered, sitting down at a nearby table.


OoGMYou can talk amongst each other more, or ask questions of Fenrik. He will likely ask questions in return if questioned.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 02:43 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Inside the Rusty DragonGwenifer looked to the table laden with food, she was not used to seeing so much in the morning. Normally her breakfasts consisted of what was left over from the night before, bread and whatever they had had the night before. Shrugging to herself thinking that this was the norm here she helped herself to a light breakfast consisting of; a single small sausage and a serving of fruit slightly large than the size of her palm. Though rather than drinking ale she asks the hostess for some water.

She sat down at a nearby table and slowly ate as she watched the others. When the novice priest arrived she listed to him quietly to finish before asking, "Is the Boneyard a cemetery of sorts?"



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 04:47 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, speaking to Zachory inside the Rusty Dragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasted View Post
Zachory, to Calystra
"The magic itself? A gift, literally. Unwanted, but not entirely unwelcomed, though, don't get me wrong. I am not a holy man, do not mistake me for so.

"I am cursed. For whatever reason, I do not understand. I was killed in this town, you see. By goblins. Ran me through the chest and slit my throat. The gods, damn them, took my family from me and brought me back to this plane. Gave me power I did not ask for - no charge bequeathed, no guidance or justification, not even a visitation or message from their faithful."

Getting up from his seat, Zachory moves to the wall and bends down to pick the stein off the floor. "I don't care where this power comes from. I just want this curse gone. All I know is........"

Standing up, he turns back to Calystra.

"It's a mystery."
"I am sorry, truly. What has happened to you is horrible. I would not wish that on anyone." She pondered for a moment, careful consideration written on her face. "You are unaware of your power's purpose or origin. I will say that in that regard I am 'in the same boat as you', I believe that is how the saying goes. I did not receive command of my own magic until the fateful night I met Aurora, many decades ago. I do not know from where this power comes, nor do I know if there is any agency or being behind it. It is not the learned formulas of a trained mage, nor is it something directly bestowed upon me from a higher power, like the abilities of a priest. It seems a mixture of both, and its nature and source are still an enigma to me. That is one of my reasons for traveling. I would like to practice my talents, strengthen them, and hopefully by doing this learn more about these powers and why I have them." Calsytra looked up at the ceiling as she continued. "I know there is at least one soul amongst the stars that watches over me, and I hope to make that soul proud by using my strength in beneficial ways." She looked back down, and leveled a comforting smile at Zachory. "It seems there may be those that are watching over you, Zachory, and I am sure they are proud of you today."


Calystra, the next morning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziether View Post
GM Post
The Rusty Dragon, the following morningIn the morning, the unlikely companions' hostess had laid out a sumptuous breakfast of sausages, fruits, and light ales. "Please, partake. Your rooms will be cleaned while you are about today." . . . "I am Fenrik Daernest, novice priest of Desna. Let me just say, I am your biggest fan." the acolyte proffered, sitting down at a nearby table.
Calystra awoke from her reverie precisely as the first rays of light entered the window of her inn room. She opened the window to allow in some fresh morning air, hoping the smell of burnt wood was gone. Aurora flew outside for a bit while Calystra prepared her spells for the day. After roughly an hour, both raven and Elf joined the other travelers downstairs for breakfast.

Calystra ate a variety of the available fruits, and partook of an ample amount of water. Listening to Fenrik speak, she smile at him, and slightly blushed when he gushed over the ragtag group. "I can't speak for everyone else Fenrik, but I don't know how worthy I am of having a 'fan'. I am no high-profile bard nor esteemed scholar. I am just me, and that is all I try to be. And yes, the rhyme was intentional." A playful grin spread across her face as she finished her spontaneous poetic line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredrits View Post
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Inside the Rusty Dragon
She sat down at a nearby table and slowly ate as she watched the others. When the novice priest arrived she listed to him quietly to finish before asking, "Is the Boneyard a cemetery of sorts?"
"Indeed, it sounds as much. What can you tell us about this 'Boneyard' Fenrik? It does seem like a curious place to hold a meeting."
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Fenrik Daernest"Teal'c from Stargate SG-1 statusIndeed. The Boneyard is the city cemetery. It is mostly a simple affair, but some of the more wealthy of Sandpoint have commissioned vaults for their families. Naffer Vosk, the former smuggler cares for the facility. The name is a bit foreboding, but it is actually a fairly nice place, for a cemetery."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Jul 11th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge, the next morning
Scourge woke before dawn, as always, and partook in his morning ritual of prayer in front of the window of his room, conveniently on the east side of the building. Having joined the others at the table, he had nearly devoured as much as the others combined when Fenrick joined them. "Even the nicest cemetery is an unpleasant place, for it reminds us of the end of things when we should be focused on beginnings. If Zantus wishes to meet us there, there must be some good reason. Tell me, Fenrik, do the dead of the Boneyard have any history of rising from their graves?"
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Jul 12th, 2014, 07:55 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Fenrik DaernestFenrik chuckled at the paladin's question, "Heh, not of their own accord, my young man. Like any such place, if someone with a mind to necromancy were to practice their craft in the Boneyard, they would have ample material to work with. Sandpoint is GENERALLY a peaceful place, recent events notwithstanding."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 01:47 AM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Inside the Rusty DragonGwenifer finished her meager breakfast, then asked the question that should have been on everyone lips, "Do you know what Father Zantus wishes to speak with us about?"

As she awaited the answer she grabbed another sausage and an apple for the road. While she did not eat heavy meals she did eat frequently. She found it was easier while working on her parents farm or roaming the nearby woods to keep a small amount of food with her. This helped her to avoid stopping for meal times, she could eat an apple or a piece of meat wrapped in bread as she followed behind her father planting the seeds.



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:59 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB