Game Thread Chapter One: Sandpoint - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 05:13 AM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory - in the Rusty Dragon"Given we fought off a goblin incursion yesterday, it would not be too much of a stretch to assume he wants to make use of our swordarms. Or, bowstrings, as the case may be."

Grabbing another plateful of sausage and loaves, Zachory pours a glass of ale and considers the potential outcome of what might happen if what he just said turns out to be true. Washing down his next mouthful of food, Zachory spots another vision of his family's apparitions, sitting at the table with his newfound company. Ignore it - just for now...ignore it....

"I had considered leaving this town again during the night, I will be honest. But, it's been many years since I started my training that I grow weary of delaying retaliation. If we are indeed asked to investigate these goblin attacks further, I am with you."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 02:45 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Fenrik Daernest"The Father mentioned something about Sheriff Hemlock wanting to see you. Some sounds coming from the Tobyn vault. He didn't say much other than that your exploits yesterday have brought you to the attention of the town. Father Zantus sand the sheriff had gone down to the Boneyard to investigate, and sent me to fetch the four of you. Everyone knows of you. Maybe not your names, but a good number of people caught looks at you during the fighting, I doubt you'll go far in town without meeting wellwishers, or generous merchants, or perhaps a desperate young person looking to marry themselves to a celebrity. You know the type..."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Jul 13th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness"I am glad to hear that, Zachory. Let us gather our things and see what we can do help. Our victory yesterday will be meaningless if we let the enemy regather its strength and return once we leave." Scourge then got up from the table and went up to his room to prepare.

A short time later, he returned to the common room to wait by the door for his companions. Not a drop of blood from the previous day's skirmish could be seen on his armour or other gear. In fact, his holy symbol gleamed brighter than normal, as though excited for the chance to scour the boneyard of undead.

Last edited by Ubernostrum; Jul 13th, 2014 at 04:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 12:38 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
"If a servant of Desna asks me for assistance, I will gladly offer it," Calystra said. She finished one last strawberry, then gathered her belongings and returned to the common room of the inn.

Once everyone was ready and accounted for, she asked, "Fenrik, will you please show us the way?"
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Jul 14th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory"We're heading out immediately?" Just give me a moment to prepare."

Scoffing the last bit of fruit and meat as he excuses himself, Zachory dashes to his room to gear up. Donning his armor, and weapons, then filling his canteen with conjured water, Zachory returns to the group in the space of five minutes.

"Shall we?"
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:20 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Northwestern Sandpoint, outside the BoneyardWalking through town, the four newly-minted companions were obviously the subject of several conversations. Townsfolk pointed, stared, and otherwise made note of their passage, although they didn't seem to be trying to be rude. Valiant defenders of the town were few and far between, and the strong cursed man was the object of many a young lady's fluttering glance.

The city was not all that large in the grand scheme of things, so it was only a few minutes' time before the town melted away behind them and the large field littered with small gravestones appeared before them. Father Zantus was nowhere to be seen, but a man in heavy leather armor with a prominent badge of office on his chest pointedly strides up to meet them.

"You must be the folks Father Zantus told me all about earlier. I'm sorry, I'm Sheriff Belor Hemlock. I think there's a goblin trapped in the Tobyn vault over there, but I'm not sure. Normally I'd check it out myself, but I'm being extra cautious today. I told the Father to stay at the Cathedral and catch up with his work. You people are probably more than I need." the man motioned with his arm toward the vault. "If you don't mind, let's head a little closer, I have a few questions for you while I have your attention."

On the way to the vault, the sheriff drew his longsword and small round shield, but continued his questioning without delay. "What brought you to Sandpoint? Do you have any plans while you're here? Any timetable for how long you wish to stay?"

The vault door is obviously ajar, but not enough so for anything to escape. Scraping sounds emanate from within.

 
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 02:47 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, in the BoneyardCalystra stopped as Sheriff Hemlock began asking questions. She looked back and forth, from the vault to the cemetery wall, eyes scanning the ground with intent. "I'm sorry to interrupt you Sheriff, but it seems there may be more than just one Goblin inside of that vault." She crouched low, her hands framing a set of slightly obscured footprints for everyone to see. "I'm sure these are larger than Goblin-sized feet, probably a Human or someone similar in size. And look," she said as she sweeps her arms, pointing out multiple tracks. "I can spot six pairs of Goblin feet too. We'd best be cautious here. Who knows what their purpose is, or what other surprises lay in wait for us."

The witch turned to her familiar, and in a hused, smooth Elven tone said, "Fly, friend. Check and see if there are other Goblins around these walls, or any other humanoid creatures for that matter. If there's anything else here besides us that you can see, swiftly return and alert us. Stars guide you!" With an upward gesture of Calystra's arm, her raven Aurora takes to the skies to scout the surrounding area for more unseen threats.

"I asked Aurora to watch over us and let us know if there's anything else out there we need to know about. Can anyone proceed quietly to the door and look inside without being seen? Knowledge is power, and we do not know what is inside."
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 09:25 AM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Northwestern Sandpoint: The BoneyardGwenifer followed closely behind the group as they walked through town. While the citizens watched them as they passed she adjusted her hood, attempting to hide more of her face from view.

When they reached their destination she was grateful that none of the citizens had appeared to follow them. She was not sure how much more attention she could stand. As the Sheriff spoke she kept a watchful eye over the Boneyard and when Calystra pointed out the tracks she berated herself for not noticing them sooner.

Gwenifer nodded towards Calystra and said, "I can probably get the closest without being seen or heard."

But before she started towards the Tobyn vault, she strung her bow and answered the Sheriff not wanting to be rude, "The festival, No plans, No timetable". Though she didn't want to be rude her answers were very short and to the point.

Once completed she looked to the vault, and listened to the scraping sounds coming from within. If they could hear the sounds from here chances are nothing inside would hear her approach but that didn't mean she shouldn't be cautious, her father taught her better than that. And this was not a game she played with her father, here if the outcome ended up poorly for her she would not end up with extra chores or face down in a mud hole... She released that thought and began walking towards the vault.


 



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Jul 15th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness
Scourge walked proudly through the town on the way to the boneyard. He was quite used to commoners reacting strangely to him, both with fear or awe. A slight smile did play across his lips when he noticed Gwenifer trying in vain to hide herself. "You can't hide forever," he whispered. "People in towns like this need heroes, and they will seek them out."

Once they met the Sheriff, Scourge walked next to Gwenifer and nodded in agreement with her curt answers to his questions. As she prepared to enter the vault, Scourge unsheathed his falchion and said a short, quiet prayer. Once done, he signaled to his companions that wad ready, and took up a defensive stance, ready for whatever might jump out at them.

Last edited by Ubernostrum; Jul 15th, 2014 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Jul 16th, 2014, 06:18 AM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, on the way to the BoneyardZachory walked straight ahead, not making eye contact with the townsfolk or talking much at all during the trip to the boneyard. In all honesty, boneyards creeped the man out. And with good reason. As the group leaves the main part of the town and starts their trip to the Boneyard, Zachory lets slip a comment unknowingly out loud.

"This yard - my family is buried here."


Zachory, at the vault with the party"Let's get this done. But, first, a moment, Sheriff." Drawing his greatsword, Zachory charges a hand with Cast Light cantrip on shielddivine power and lays it upon the Sheriff's shield.
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Jul 17th, 2014, 02:30 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Mini-GM Post

The BoneyardWhile the doors to the Tobyn vault are slightly ajar, it is just enough to show that the entry was tampered with. A small ray of sunlight streaks through the gap, but doesn't fall on anything interesting.

The sounds of shuffling feet are ever-present, but there are no vocalizations from within. The door would be very easy to open, but still remains nearly shut.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Jul 18th, 2014, 11:12 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Northwestern Sandpoint: The BoneyardGwenifer motions for the rest of the group to stay back from the door. Whatever is in here it does not seem capable or possibly intelligent enough to try the door, she thought to herself. And as Zachory mentioned that his family was buried here it made her think back to what was said at the inn about bodies rising. If his family is buried here she hoped that if it was risen bodies in the vault that none of them were his family.

As the group steps back she whispers to Scourge, who was standing next to her near the door, "Get ready." She then moved forward closer to the door. She wrapped her fingers around the lip of one of the doors and pulled it open as smoothly and quietly as possible moving behind it as she did so. She did this to make sure she would be behind anything that came out, allowing her to shoot at the backs of whatever might attack.



 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 12:24 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

OOGMSorry for attacking you all the time, Uber, but that's actually the strategy most of these things would take.

You've been a great sport about it.


Tobyn Vault, Boneyard, SandpointA pair of skeletons lurches from the vault as the door opens, reaching out to
Dice Claw Attack 1.1:
1d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19
Dice Claw Attack 1.2:
1d20+2 (8)+2 Total = 10
Dice Claw Attack 2.1:
1d20+2 (12)+2 Total = 14
Dice Claw Attack 2.2:
1d20+2 (14)+2 Total = 16
Dice Claw Damage 1.1:
1d4+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
Dice Claw Damage 1.2:
1d4+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
Dice Claw Damage 2.1:
1d4+2 (3)+2 Total = 5
Dice Claw Damage 2.3:
1d4+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
claw at the half-orc.

The inside of the vault is illuminated by the sun above. An open sarcophagus lies on the floor, along with a discarded robe. The granite tiles are fouled with the passage of the skeletons, but otherwise the vault seems well-kept enough.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory, behind Scourge"Here, Scourge - shrug it off and give them no quarter."

Zachory winces slightly as the skeletons manage to get past Scourge's armor and inflict some noticeable damage. Reaching out with his spare hand, Zachory fuels Scourge with divine energy, Cast Cure Light Wounds on Scourge
Dice CLW:
1d8+1 (4)+1 Total = 5
washing over his lacerations and restoring health anew.



 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Wasted; Jul 19th, 2014 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Formatting
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Jul 19th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness on the front line
Scourge roared as the skeletons tore into him, blood gushing briefly before Zachory's cooling touch washed over him. Years of trained hatred of the undead guided his falchion as it
Dice falchion at the second skeleton:
d20+4 (2)+4 Total = 6
2d4+4 (4, 1)+4 Total = 9
tore into the skeleton, sending dozens of tiny shard of bone flying, but doing no real damage.


 

Last edited by Ubernostrum; Jul 19th, 2014 at 07:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB