Game Thread Chapter One: Sandpoint - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 12:46 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, encountering skeletons outside the crypt"Abomination!" Calystra Move action, move directly behind Scourge relative to skeletonscovers Scourge's back and casts a Guidance: +1 to Scourge's next attack, save, or skill checksmall boon on him, allowing him some beneficial luck on his next strike.


 
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Jul 20th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Northwestern Sandpoint: The BoneyardGwenifer watches in horror for a moment as the Skeletons attack Scourge. She then quickly realizes that her arrows will be of little to no use against them and makes a mental note to purchase something different if the towns need for help continues. She then glances around the ground, looking for anything she can use against the bony figures. She spots a large stone, probably a piece of a tombstone or the vault itself. She drops her bow and picks it up moving up behind one of the Skeletons and swinging it at its head.


 


 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga

Last edited by Ziether; Jul 20th, 2014 at 09:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 11:41 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Tobyn Vault, Boneyard, SandpointAs the skeletons lurched from their captivity in the vault and attacked the intimidating form of Scourge of Darkness, time slowed to a near standstill.

Scourge's falchion slashed through empty air, passing between the rib cage and pelvis of the nearest skeleton.

Gwenifer's unanticipated strike with the hunk of masonry struck true, crushing the other skeleton's skull. The entire assembly of bones fell apart, crumbling into dust as it struck the stone path leading into the vault.

The remaining skeleton turned on Gwenifer, realizing the threat the young woman presented despite its mindless state. Destroying one would be better than simply being defeated...Its claws snaked out,
Dice Claw 1 Attack:
1d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
Dice Claw 1 Damage:
1d4+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
Dice Claw 2 Attack:
1d20+2 (10)+2 Total = 12
Dice Claw 2 Damage:
1d4+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
attempting to slash through her chest seeking her vital organs.


OoGMCalystra's Guidance is in effect for Scourge of Darkness. Remember to indicate in your post when you choose to use it (before any edits to see results).

One skeleton dead. One up.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Jul 21st, 2014, 08:11 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Northwestern Sandpoint: The BoneyardGwenifer nimbly leaps back avoiding the claws of the Skeleton, "Seriously?" she directs towards the undead creature, knowing an answer will not be forthcoming. She then moves in grabbing a rib of the skeleton for leverage as she swings the piece of masonry at this skeletons head.


 


 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 07:23 AM
Wasted's Avatar
Wasted Wasted is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 27th, 2020
RPXP: 108
Wasted Wasted
Posts: 279
Zachory"Seriously."

Zachory looks down at the shattered skull with an approving look. "Nice shot, girl." The girl didn't look all that much, to be honest, but as every acrobat and strongman used to say, back in the circus, it's all in the wrist.

"Let's keep moving."
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Wasted; Jul 22nd, 2014 at 07:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 10:17 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Tobyn Vault, Boneyard, SandpointThe threat of the skeletons removed, Sheriff Hemlock and the unwitting adventurers stepped into the vault. The room was fairly clean, with a robe lying in one corner, and an open, empty sarcophagus.

"Ezakien's sarcophagus...Sheriff Hemlock murmured. His graveclothes are gone, too, which means that neither of those skeletons were his..."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 02:17 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness, inside the tombScourge entered the tomb with his sword still poised to strike, then relaxed when he saw no threats.
"Someone has taken the body. What would make his special? Did he die recently?"
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Jul 22nd, 2014, 02:53 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Sheriff Hemlock"He has lain dead these five years since the Late Unpleasantness. He died in the fire that destroyed the last Cathedral. Please keep this information to yourselves. I'll work with the guard, but the people in town have had enough problems lately. They don't need to add this to it."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 01:34 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Northwestern Sandpoint: The BoneyardGwenifer drops the piece of masonry she used as a weapon next to the skeletons. She then retrieved her bow, checking it for any damage. Afterward she noticed the rest of the group entering the vault, she however did not enter. She moved closer to the door though, kicking the rib cage of one of the skeletons as she moved and muttering something under her breath in That'll teach you to face me.Elven.

As she waited near the door she heard the Sheriff tell the rest of the group about the missing body, though the Sheriff did not volunteer as much information as she thought he would, Who was Ezakien and what caused the fire... Questions that should be answered and questions she gave voice too before the Sheriff could leave, "Who was Ezakien and what caused the fire that destroyed the cathedral?"




 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Jul 23rd, 2014, 01:40 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Sheriff Hemlock"Ah, Ezakien was the former leader of the Cathedral. He was a priest of Desna, just like Father Zantus is. He and his daughter died in the blaze, but nobody knows who set it, or why. It was arson, that's all we know."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 01:11 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, entering the Tobyn VaultWhile others are asking questions of the Sheriff, Calystra Casts Detect Magicimbues her sight with the ability to see magical auras and begins scanning around the room. The discarded robe in the corner seems conspicuous, so her gaze starts at that and makes its way around the entirety of the room.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 04:26 PM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge of Darkness, near the entrance
Scourge moved back towards the tomb entrance as he listened. "I take it nobody was known to have motive?" As he waited for a response, he looked back outside at the tracks he had noticed to see if there was anything to indicate where the body had been carried to.


 
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Jul 29th, 2014, 11:39 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Tobyn VaultCalystra is drawn slightly toward the robe, a faint aura of past magical potential still lingering over the garment. Its aura is so faint as to indicate that there was once powerful magic within its threads, but that it was no longer full of power.


Sheriff Hemlock"No, no known motive. We investigated as long as was prudent. Poor family. Ezakien loved the girl like she was his own. The towned mourned the loss of them heavily. It is exceedingly strange. Nobody disliked the Tobyns..."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 01:40 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
Zachory"Well, this looks cut-and-dried. I want nothing more to do with this accursed city's problems. My own curse is enough trouble." The god-touched man looked genuinely repulsed at the idea of investigating this any further.

"I have to find a way to remove my curse, and it's not going to be found looking into some five-year-old fire, or any dead priests of Desna. Thank you for helping me fight off those goblins last night, but I must bid you farewell. I wish you success on whatever road you travel, and may the gods smile on you in a more kindly manner than they did on me." Zachory pushed himself to his feet on the butt of his javelin, tossed the sheriff a jaunty faux salute, and exited the vault, swiftly disappearing behind the wall of the Boneyard and deep into Sandpoint.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 10:48 AM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, inside the Tobyn Vault"Stars guide you, Zachory," Calystra said with nod as the cursed man left to pursue his personal quest of salvation.

"This robe here," she began to say as she walked over to the corner where the discarded clothing lay undisturbed, "has a lingering magical residue. Perhaps this is linked to the intrusion?" She picked the robe up, looking it over and attempting to Knowledge Arcane or Religion?glean information from its style or markings. Walking back to the Sheriff, she asked if he knew anything about it that could shed some light on what it is and whom it belonged to.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:28 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB