Game Thread Chapter One: Sandpoint - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Aug 12th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Sandpoint"Thank you for all you have done," Father Zantus said, before reaching a hand out to Calystra, placing it on her shoulder. "Casts Owl's WisdomSaĝo de la Strigo!"

The tracks became a bit easier to follow, proceeding to High Street, and then southeast to the Soggy Alley. Heading east on Undercliff Way, they reached Tanner's Bridge, where the footprints became completely untraceable on the planks. Obviously the person who had exhumed Ezakien's corpse had gone this way, but the trail was too cold. There was no way to follow any further. Any additional evidence would have to be found within the city's limits.

The city beckoned. Shops teemed with customers, artisans slaved away creating all manner of trinkets, and empty bellies begged for nourishment.

__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 01:19 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
A flustered Scourge of DarknessScourge of Darkness scanned the far side of the bridge intently, trying to re-find the tracks. After what felt like an eternity, he finally gave up, and began walking back across the tanner's bridge. "The direct methods failed us. Let's split up along the path we just followed and see if anyone saw anything, then meet back at the Dragon. Ullryn, Sheriff Hemlock asked that we not disturb the populace with too many questions that could cause a panic. I, for one, will simply keep my ears open while I see if I can be of assistance anywhere."

With that, Scourge set off towards the more damaged areas of the town, freely offering his great strength to any that needed a wall put back up, or a debris pile cleared, all the while keeping his ears trained on the chatter of the populace, hoping he might Gather Information bonus is +2catch a hint as to who had pillage the tomb.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - SandpointGwenifer followed behind the group as they followed the tracks till they disappeared on the bridge. She was not sure why Scourge insisted on tracking, she had informed him that she could track. But if the half-orc wanted to track, and if the half-orc wanted to lead she would keep her nose down and follow. She had experience dealing with children much like Scourge, self assured and willing to assert their will power over others. These were the children that would tease and mock her when she and her parents had to go into town for something. Though admittedly the only reason she did so was quite personal, she did not live in Sandpoint and these peoples troubles were not necessarily her own. But she did live in the region and if Goblins were willing to attack a settlement there is no telling what they would do if they came across her families farm. These thoughts and many others raced through her mind in the short time it took Scourge to tell them to split up and meet back at the Dragon after a time.

When Gwenifer's stomach began to grumble she produced the extra apple and sausage she had taken from the Inn that morning and quickly ate them before setting out into town. She was thankful that Scourge could not follow the tracks any longer, this gave her the opportunity to purchase another weapon, that would be far more useful against the undead creatures they may have to face. An arrow would simply not be appropriate against more skeletons and large chunks of masonry may not be readily available again in the future.

She made her way through town looking for a smith...




 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Around SandpointUllryn sighed as he held back what he wanted to say to this Scourge of Darkness character. This was all wrong. Why would the sheriff preclude them of talking to the citizens. If there was something afoot, talking to them could help bring it to the surface, rather then skulking around in the shadows of the town. But it seemed that the rest of the group was willing to go along with his idea as the Half-Orc, Scourge of Darkness, went one way, and the Human , Gwenifer, went another way, leaving just Ullryn with the elf.

Looking up at the elf, he just grunted, and started walking into the town to do his own version of investigation. If he couldn't ask questions, things were going to be very difficult for him. As he walked, he continued to look around at those that he passed. He couldn't help his frustration as his head kept swiveling from one direction to another as he kept picking up one piece of a conversation but then couldn't find the people who were having it fast enough to see exactly who was saying it and what the entire conversation was about.

Ullryn's frustrations quickly go the better of him. With a shout of exasperation, he finally decided to stop trying to do a pointless exercise and just go to this Rusty Dragon inn and await the others. Granted he didn't find much of note to discuss. But it wasn't his fault if he couldn't use the dwarven tactics that were known to him about extracting information from individuals. Granted these tactics usually involved a hammer and a lot of screaming.

 
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Aug 14th, 2014, 07:08 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, in the streets of SandpointCalystra was going to speak to her new Dwarven ally in this investigation, but as she was formulating her words he wandered off without preamble. Standing in confused silence for a few momemnts, she watched Ullryn storm off down a street and around a corner. With a short sigh and a shrug of her shoulders, she began to walk in a random direction through the city.

The Elf let chance and fate guide her for a handful of minutes as she wandered the streets, smiling at others in passing and engaging in polite conversation if stopped. She kept Aurora close and listened to the sounds around her, taking account of anything of note. Once whimsy subsides, Calystra orients herself towards the Rusty Dragon Inn and casually makes her way there.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 10:36 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
For Gwenifer

Fergar BaelssonFergar Baelsson's smithy was unusually clean, with a space in the back dedicated to the forging of tools, weapons, and armor, with a large vent channeling heat and smoke out of the building, leaving the rest of the room soot-free. The floor was of wood planks, swept clear and polished until they gleamed. "Young lady! Fancy ye steppin' into my shop! I'll be tellin' the lads about this fer weeks t'come. Yer one o'them heroes who saved the town! Those goblins would have killed so many more people, ye have my deepest appreciation!"

The smith washed his hands in a basin before approaching. "What brings ye to my smithy? Is there anything I can provide? I'll offers 20% discount off book pricesbeat anyone else's prices. Jus' take a look 'round and tell me if anything catches yer eye. I've got pretty daggers, sharp swords, and both plates and chain to protect yer fair form should ye decide to out it in harm's way."
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!

Last edited by Ziether; Aug 18th, 2014 at 10:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 09:46 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - SandpointGwenifer smiles weakly at Fergar Baelsson as she beings to peruse his wares. She recalls the weight of the masonry she wielded earlier and began testing the weight of a number blunted weapons.

She knew she was more suited to using her bow, but if they skeletons were going to be the norm she would be pretty useless. Finally she picked up a weapon that weighed almost the exact same as the masonry. She walked towards Fergar hefting the weapon in one hand saying, "I'll take this and some arrow heads if you have them."




 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

The Rusty DragonGwenifer's trip to the blacksmith's shop took her a good while, and when she returned to the Rusty Dragon, it was getting on towards evening. Stepping into the common room, the scent of beef stew and coarse bread hammered her nostrils.

Sitting about, Scourge of Darkness, Calystra, and Ullryn partook of their evening meal, while Ameiko flittered about, replacing cups of beer and mead, and refilling bowls of stew. As Gwenifer stood there, a man appeared at her side "Fancy seeing you again, my beautiful heroine." It was Aldern Foxglove, the cultured nobleman the reluctant champions had rescued the day before.

"Here, a token of my gratitude for saving my life, share it with your fellows." the smiling young man pressed a 50 GPsmall purse into Gwen's hand. "If you are free in the next few days, I'm going to go boar hunting in the woods nearby. You'd be welcome to come along. I understand if you can't, but I would truly enjoy your company. Your friends could come too, if they like." Battling his eyelashes a little, he wiped the grin off his face quickly. "I'll be heading home to Magnimar in three days. Let me know, I'll be around. I'm actually staying here until then."


OOGMAccept, Decline, whatever. If you decline, I'll post again.
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 03:26 PM
Fredrits's Avatar
Fredrits Fredrits is offline
Something Witty
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 18th, 2016
RPXP: 1748
Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits Fredrits
Posts: 2,172
Gwenifer Llewellyn - Sandpoint: The Rusty DragonGwenifer was a bit surprised by the man's comment, she glanced up at him, turning the good side of her face towards him, her blue-grey eyes examining his face to determine his sincerity. As her face tilted upward anyone close enough could make out the soft leather mask covering half of her face and the bits of scarred tissue that seemed to creep out from beneath it in various places.

She accepted the coin and said, "I believe you have me confused with Calystra," and she indicates the elf with a nod of her head in her general direction. "As for your hunting trip, that is something I will need to discuss with the others and get back to you on."

Gwenifer then made her way to the proprietor of the Rusty Dragon to collect the payment mentioned to her by Father Zantus. Once collected she joins the rest of the group at their table and divides the gold up between herself, Scourge and Calystra.


OOCRoughly 26 gold and some change each.


 
__________________
Posting Status: Preparing to move August 22nd. YAY for packing and stress.
DMing: The Island Kingdom of Asaria | Department X
Playing In: All for One: a Swashbuckling Story | Outlander: The Pathfinder's Saga
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 04:13 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra smiled as Gwenifer approached, and beckoned for her to sit at an empty seat at her side. On her other side, Aurora perched upon the back of an otherwise unoccupied chair, which was pushed in close enough to the table to allow the raven to peck at some food.

"Welcome, friend Gwenfier. Please join us and rest your feet." Calystra chewed on some bread and watched as Gwen divided up some gold and distributed it to her and Scourge. "The Father need not be so generous with us, but I am grateful and will accept this reward. The town needs support with undoing the damage caused by the Goblins. I hope this gold does not take away from those efforts."
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:35 AM
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 12th, 2022
RPXP: 158
Ubernostrum Ubernostrum
Posts: 324
Scourge looked up from his rustic meal to smile at Gwenifer as she approached, then placed the coins in his belt pouch, keeping the odd change out for Ameiko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonWFD View Post
"The Father need not be so generous with us, but I am grateful and will accept this reward. The town needs support with undoing the damage caused by the Goblins. I hope this gold does not take away from those efforts."
"I agree, but I think as long as we do our best to spend it here, we can all benefit. Gwenifer, please tell us you had more success in finding a clue than we did."
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:06 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Around SandpointUllryn sat at the table with the others taking advantage of the generosity of the bar owner. Food and ale seemed to find an easy home in the dwarf's stomach, and he had no issue continuing to do so. He held his mouth shut when he saw the money exchange hands, and none of it went to him. He wasn't going to complain about not getting funds that he didn't officially earn. He hadn't had any luck, as the others, in being able to find any clues to the what could be done about the goblins or whatever was released from the crypt that the others had been to.

 
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 12:21 PM
Ziether's Avatar
Ziether Ziether is offline
Re-Charging for 2022
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 11th, 2023
RPXP: 16115
Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether Ziether
Posts: 8,260
GM Post

Aldern Foxglove, the Rusty Dragon"I think you misunderstand me, my lady. I am not overly fond of the company of elf-women. They are perfectly fine people, but not exactly who I choose to spend the majority of my time with. Let us step over and speak with your fellows for a moment." Aldern placed his arm behind Gwenifer, careful not to be overly familiar and touch her in any unwanted places.

Aldern Foxglove lead the young archer over to the table before speaking again. "Thank you once more for saving my life. I see your fellow, the one with the huge sword is not here with you...you say that he has left for parts unknown...a pity, but not unforeseen. I was just speaking with this wonderful young woman, and I would like to invite you all on a boar hunt tomorrow morning with me as an additional token of my thanks for saving my life. I was going to invite all four of you, but seeing as the man is no longer with you, I am willing to extend the invitation to your new companion."

Aldern looked over at the newcomer. "That is, Master Dwarf, if you have any interest in the hunting and more importantly EATING of boar. Roasted boar, smashed tubers, and a few flagons of mead sound like a good plan to me!"
__________________
GOBLINS ARE PEOPLE, TOO!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 03:44 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Around SandpointUllryn mouth watered, and his stomach grumbled at the mention of roasted boar. This man knew how to get a dwarf interested in an outing. "I won't be turning you down, I'll say that!"

Looking around at the rest of the group he quickly adds, "But it'll be more of a group decision none-the-less"

 
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Aug 21st, 2014, 10:02 PM
JasonWFD's Avatar
JasonWFD JasonWFD is offline
Dwarven T-Rex Pal/Wiz
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 9th, 2020
RPXP: 1004
JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD JasonWFD
Posts: 1,088
Calystra, eating at the Rusty DragonCalystra did not hide the displeasure on her face when the human noble gave his invitation. Though her body language was subtle, it was evident to all who were privy to the conversation that she was less than interested in the proposed boar hunt.

"You are most kind, sir, but we may be preoccupied in the foreseeable future. The stars could have other ideas in mind for us." She took a sip of her water and eyed Scourge and Gwen to see what they had to say.
__________________
JasonWFD - Play games, give hugs, and stand in solidarity - @JasonWFD on Twitter
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:51 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB