Game Thread I Will Turn This Car Around - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Apocalyptic Doggie Treats
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 09:23 AM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Stolen drinks taste best
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2023
RPXP: 39964
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 24,911
Tango came to a surprised halt as a furry two-legged creature appeared where she had not thought to see one. Ducking her head, she placed her pillow on the ground to free up her mouth. "Dashing. They're playing follow Tango. I'm Tango. I'm dashing. They're following. They are my pack. We're taking the human for a walk. She was hungry so we got her food. We're good caretakers." She replied truthfully.

Eying the handgun a little nervously, she cocked her head. Tilting her ears forwards, she began wagging her tail a little before widening her eyes slightly. With friendly body language, she Diplomacy!
Dice Roll:
1d20+6 (5)+6 Total = 11
might get what she wanted. "Can you let us by please?" She glanced back over her shoulder. She may not use things like human guns, but she knew a dangerous weapon when she saw it. Her pack was only holding sharp knives, like teeth. Not loud noisemakers that could hurt at a distance.
__________________
3/26: Working M-F this week. Away April 1st/2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 06:29 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Ipkis came up as well, taking a seat and looking the Fox. "Indeed. A good walk, and a friendly eye out for the New Government." He added on, "It wouldn't do to be having any misunderstandings with such diligent soldiers driving around nearby, would it?"

There was a chance this alley was the Fox's new home, or something of that nature going on however. "Perhaps I can offer you something helpful?" There is a bit of a glint on the cat's eye as he reached a paw into the bag of his neck...and slide out a Harrow card to the ground. "Would you be more interested in the past, the present, or your near future? You never know what things I can find out for you..."

Dice Bluff check to imply we're on good terms with 'the new government':
1d20+9 (13)+9 Total = 22
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 09:32 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Cleo was trying to figure out where the crying was coming from, and unfortunately missed the group's decision to dash off. She followed, but was distractedly still trying to get a lead on the noise. As they ran headlong into a Fox--not her kind of fox of course, but a different kind--, she cocked her head to the side. Her pack were apparently trying to talk to him. They even said things that weren't true. Mom and Dad said that was bad. Still, she was supposed to stick with her pack. She turned to Tasha and did her best Mom-in-a-bad-mood impression and said, "Sit."
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 10:25 PM
Pumpkinhead11's Avatar
Pumpkinhead11 Pumpkinhead11 is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2019
RPXP: 56
Pumpkinhead11
Posts: 85
Liz was going to say that she was planning to attempt to climb to the roof for a better vantage, but it seemed plans were changing quickly. It seems the alley was the safer route.

It took her the longest to catch up since she was the farthest away, but when she finally did she noticed the others stopped. Then she saw the well dressed fox. Something seemed a little off. Should we be stopping here? Why was he so well dressed? Was there a men's warehouse near here? And why did Cleo tell Tasha to sit? The question of the men's clothing store was most fascinating for some reason. Though if he was an enemy they didn't have too much time to waste here, and if the caravan caught sight of this it could be enough to pique their curiosity.

She stood next to Tasha and readied herself to pounce on their well dressed guest if things took too long, or if he proved a threat.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 07:39 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
He frowns, and gives you a look over. "Except all humans were to be reported to the filing center for processing. They can have their 'walk' after papers are put through. Surely you have no problem with that?"
Dice Eyeballs:
1d20 2

You sense nothing trying to kill you.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 17th, 2014 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Sep 17th, 2014, 09:30 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
"it's all said and done~"
Dice Bluff:
1d20+9 (9)+9 Total = 18
Replied Ipkis. "The wonders of first come, first serve. They can be quite quick when there is a Black cat pacing circles around them."

Ipkis tried turning the tables on the Fox, before he could harass them for the paperwork. "So you're out here, keeping an eye out for loose humans too? And they only gave you one a little gun for your troubles?"
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!

Last edited by Andramal; Sep 17th, 2014 at 09:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 02:28 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
"Oh goodness no. How are you supposed to bring someone in if you're all alone? No, they sent the Self Esteem Team."
"That's not our name."
"Of course it is. You keep the morale high!"
Indeed, several critters come out of the woodwork. Fennecs, quadrupedal ones, though with keen ears always on a lookout. They were Or as far as your 2 on Perception goeslurking out of sight, and now there are 5 little fuzzballs wandering around, trying to look cool. Must. Not. Pet...
 

"Anyway, you were saying...?" He won't accuse you outright, preferring to watch you squirm.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 21st, 2014 at 02:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 11:36 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Ipkis is not a Doomsayer for nothing.

"I was offering you a showing of your past, present, or future. But perhaps for you, since you're so full of cunning, it should be all of the above."

Ipkis reached into the pouch of his neck, sliding out a card. He set it down on the ground...

"What kind of man are you? that is the question we'll ask the past."

The Muted Hag(Neutral Evil) "You are a man on the precipice. You do not show it, but your heart aches from indecision. Left, or right. Black, or white, Life, or death. This matters to you, because the choice you make could make you someone you don't know."


The card was turned over, and Ipkis pulled out eight more cards, pushing them about until they were in a nice, 3x3 order. The first card , upper left, is turned.
 


"And now for your Present. I do believe that's all of us here right now in fact."
 

"So, your past makes you a poor little boy trying to be accepted. your present shows you as someone who finally has a purpose, with questionable friends putting you on a questionable situations. So, what will the last cards of Ipkis the Doomsayer tell us about what kind of man you will be in the future..."
 

Ipkis pushed the cards back together, shuffling them into place and tucking them back into his pouch. "So, you know about who you were, are, and will be. If you'd like to take us in, by all means. They will probably resist, the undesirables that is, but I will sit right here if you so wish....however..."

There is a glint in that black cat's eye, as he gave the Fox a deep stare of amusement, "You're a clever creature. You know it would be silly to ask what it would take to have a happy future. So perhaps you should ask me this instead: If you were to not follow the path that is in your head right now, would it be better, or worse?"

He pushed the deck of nine cards forward a bit, then took a few steps back. "You can even pick the cards yourself if you like. If you wish to know your future, past, or present. Shuffle them, place them face down, one column for each you wish to know with your question."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!

Last edited by Andramal; Sep 21st, 2014 at 11:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 09:30 AM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Cleo perked up at the sight of the fennecs. "Hi! I'm Cleo."
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Ipkis: He stops, and stares, goggling at your mastery of talking as a free action. "I... what?" You have confused him. Success?

Cleo: They prance a bit, and one hops up onto your shoulder, to nestle under an ear. "I like her. Can we keep her?"
"You know the rules. No taking people home with you."
"Butbutbut... alpha fox. We would make a nest, and she would rule over it, and punish the feeble humans with her ears."
"We still have to take the human in. You can argue with the processing staff about leniency."
"Yay!" This seems like a good deal. Only Tasha gets arrested, and you get clemency for harboring a human, AND a nest, AND devoted followers. The bribes are real.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 02:03 PM
FoggyKnight's Avatar
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight is online now
Stolen drinks taste best
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2023
RPXP: 39964
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Posts: 24,911
Tango stared at the cat herself, it wasn't making any sense. Plus it was playing with bright colored things that didn't make any sense. However, the five fuzzballs got her attention and she wiggled in place for a moment, unsure. Was she allowed to chase the things that looked like they were supposed to be chased now? Foxes were supposed to not go anywhere near human territories. It was Not Allowed. Then again, the world was different, and ... oh gosh, they seemed both annoying and cute.

"No, you can't keep her, she's mine. My pack." Tango protested back, her tail stopping its wag. Upset dog is not a wagging dog. "You're not my pack. You didn't ask, and I didn't want you. Go back to your nest."
__________________
3/26: Working M-F this week. Away April 1st/2nd.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 06:03 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Ipkis feigned patience. Whether or not it's evident is another question. "I am Ipkis, the Doomsayer. I tell your future, your present, and your past. I am here to spread the word of That Which Will Come. Are you implying that what I said about your past and present is not true?"

Now he showed true impatience, and scolded the Fox-man. "Think straight, Fox! You have a brain! Only men can lie - the cards have no business of it! Is your past and present true? Do you wish to know the future of your actions or don't you?"
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
"But I did ask! Come with us, and be the alpha fox!" They don't get it. Silly little urchins.

Ipkis: "I wish to know if you'll stop throwing cards in my face. Before or after we take you in and get it settled by someone other than us."
"Why's that?"
"Because I have a headache already. Besides, you wanted to check down by the south side."
"TOY STORE!"
"After the shift, Finnick."

You feel as if you are less being attacked by armed enforcers of the law, and more being smooshed up by kids on a recess break, with their beleaguered teacher.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 26th, 2014 at 02:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 04:17 PM
Atalanta's Avatar
Atalanta Atalanta is offline
Chaser of Golden Apples
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2015
RPXP: 1377
Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta Atalanta
Posts: 1,278
Alpha? Other fennecs and they want me as alpha? Her interest is piqued. Definitely piqued. But they would probably throw Mom and Dad in the kennel. That would be bad. She immediately felt bad for even being a little bit interested in being an alpha when her Mom and Dad were who-knows-where and they could be hurt or sad or lonely or.... They were her real pack. Even if she didn't get to be alpha. And this new pack, with Tango, and the Doom-Kitty, and the Not-for-chasing Squirrel, would help her get back to her real pack.

She was playing things by ear (and even managed not to giggle as that pun went through her mind) to get out of this situation. And then track down the crying. And then find her parents.

"Why is the toy store after the shift? You're as bossy as a human."
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 04:42 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
"See? She knows the truth!" Oh kids.
"Because I'm not the one making the rules! The bosses will be upset if you were out playing around instead of catching stragglers."
"We can do both!"
"You- ughhhh..." He's not a good babysitter. Indeed, he seems to be looking at you imploringly. Will you just... follow them to the toy store if you promise not to run off? It's better than getting mauled by roving shooty patrols.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB