Game Thread Act I: The Ills of Hengistbury - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > To Slay a Dragon
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old May 31st, 2017, 01:35 PM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is offline
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 13th, 2020
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,315
Keloryn Roloval
left-aligned image

Keloryn takes a step back in shock as his arm throbs from the spider's poison. Chastising himself for losing his temper, he once again fires a magical bolt into the spider's body. "Sorry, I'm all out of tricks at the moment. Focus your attacks on the wounded ones!" he calls out, trying to help the party regain control of the situation.

 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!
  #92  
Old May 31st, 2017, 10:26 PM
Svalin Svalin is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 9th, 2017
RPXP: 63
Svalin
Posts: 136
Ban struggles against the web, but only manages to entangle himself further, Swearing under his breath in a manner befitting of any respectable person, let alone a cleric, he begins to sweat as he notices the spider looming over his current form.

ooc
Another natural 1 on my escape artist
  #93  
Old Jun 5th, 2017, 02:25 PM
GreatCthulhu GreatCthulhu is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 15th, 2019
RPXP: 50
GreatCthulhu
Posts: 63
Kerrick uses the momentum of his last swing to spin into another, and this time the spider is too slow to avoid him. It squeals as the axe blade nicks into it, but the horrid creature is still up and fighting.
__________________
I have sworn the Oath of Sangus.

My home game is with most of the members of the Monte Cook Games team, so I've had a lot of exposure to Cypher.
  #94  
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 01:54 AM
quintangible's Avatar
quintangible quintangible is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2018
RPXP: 263
quintangible quintangible quintangible
Posts: 467
You hear skittering as the spiders seem to communicate with each other. They had you outnumbered at one point. After losing a few of their number and with a few others hurting, they decide it's not worth their effort. They turn and disappear into a hole, seeming to go below the castle.

"Aaargh!" Tabatha clutches her arm, still reeling from the effects of the spiders' venom. "I wanted an adventure, but I didn't think it would be like this... My dad never came home this rough. Maybe... maybe I'm not my dad. Or maybe he was more selective in his adventuring. Sorry, but this isn't working out for me... I think I'm better off running and hiding than trying to fight like this. Maybe we'll meet again some day, but I hear the river. I'm going to catch a boat back home. Good luck..." With that, the rogue turns to leave, heading south toward Thornbury.

Around the corner, you see large, arching front doors that are barely staying on their rusted hinges. You also hear some muffled noises coming from around the corner past the doors. There is a mass of webbing there with several forms inside. There is definitely movement within.

OOCTake your AoO strikes if you want them. Sorry for the poor writing for Tabatha. I didn't see a way to effectively kill her off when there's a cleric in the group, and didn't want you wasting your spells. Besides, maybe Tabatha will show up again at some point?? I think the only ongoing effect is Keloryn's poison. Don't forget your fortitude save.
  #95  
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 09:18 PM
Svalin Svalin is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 9th, 2017
RPXP: 63
Svalin
Posts: 136
After finally managing to free himself from the webbing, Ban stands up. hearing the noises inside, he peers at the shapes trying to make them out, before looking over his shoulder and questioning his allies, "Everyone, uh alive?"
  #96  
Old Jun 10th, 2017, 10:21 PM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is offline
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 13th, 2020
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,315
Keloryn Roloval
left-aligned image

Keloryn raises his arm to wipe the sweat from his brow, and notices the burning in his arm has Fortitude save failed.spread up to his shoulder. Combining the pain from the poison with the exhaustion of most of his magic, the wizard suddenly falls to his knees, cradling his arm. He looks at the halfling and says, "For the moment, but this venom is spreading. Can you help?"

 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!
  #97  
Old Jun 11th, 2017, 02:43 AM
Svalin Svalin is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 9th, 2017
RPXP: 63
Svalin
Posts: 136
Quickly seeing the state of of Keloryn, Ban quickly approaches him and replies "Of course, In the heat of the battle I didn't notice how badly the venom was affecting you." Placing one hand on Keloryn and grasping his holy symbol in the other and begins chanting under his breath as a pulse of divine energy radiates from the symbol, After which he begins work on neutralizing the poison, applying care to the wound.

ooc

Channel Energy for 5 Health for all allies within 30ft (1d6 healing)

and Rolled a 22 on the heal check for the poison

  #98  
Old Jun 11th, 2017, 03:22 AM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is offline
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 13th, 2020
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,315
Keloryn Roloval
left-aligned image

As the divine energy courses through his veins, Keloryn feels the venom Fortitude: 17dissipate. Physically, he feels as good as new, but the arcane exhaustion persists. "Thank you Ban."

Glancing around, Keloryn just now seems to realize Tabatha's absence, and her words echo in his mind. "I think, maybe we weren't as prepared for this as we should have been. I've been travelling alone for a long time, and I'm not used to using my magic to aid a group." The wizard replays the battle in his mind, realizing how close they came to potentially losing someone, and how ineffectual his magic had been. "I was selfish in my choices, and I can only hope you will forgive me."

Keloryn rises to his feet and looks toward the entrance to the castle. "I'm not sure it would be wise for us to continue today. I've exhausted most of my magic, so there's little I could do to help in another fight."

 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!

Last edited by LittleBlueNA; Jun 11th, 2017 at 03:23 AM.
  #99  
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 01:37 AM
quintangible's Avatar
quintangible quintangible is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2018
RPXP: 263
quintangible quintangible quintangible
Posts: 467
left-aligned image

The cleric's healing wave washes over you. Your wounds close and bruises fade. The castle remains looming over you, the sun beating down from directly above. The area remains clear of obvious enemies, although you can still hear some chittering down the hole that the spiders fled towards. The sounds you heard from the webbing grow louder and more urgent. You can almost make out words. The path back to Hengistbury lies behind you.

OOCNo active combat, so anyone can post. The map image links to the site if you want to reposition yourself or anything.






  #100  
Old Jun 13th, 2017, 03:15 AM
Svalin Svalin is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 9th, 2017
RPXP: 63
Svalin
Posts: 136
Hearing the sounds past the door, Ban approaches the mass of webbing, To examine it, and try to locate the sources of the sound. As he approaches he calls over his shoulder to his companions "I think there's something in the webbing!" before gingerly edging closer to get a better look.

ooc
Move over to the webbing and examine it
  #101  
Old Jun 14th, 2017, 01:51 PM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is offline
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 13th, 2020
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,315
Keloryn Roloval
left-aligned image

Keloryn follows Ban around the corner, but
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (17)+2 Total = 19
keeps an eye out for any other potential threats. "What is it?" he directs towards Ban.

 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!
  #102  
Old Jun 15th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Svalin Svalin is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 9th, 2017
RPXP: 63
Svalin
Posts: 136
As he moves close, he can almost make out words coming from the muffled sounds, and getting a better look at the shapes moving within the mass of webs Ban suddenly exclaims "I think there's a person in there, Help me get them out!" as he rushes forward drawing one of his daggers to begin cutting away at the webbing to free the moving shape within.
  #103  
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 12:35 AM
LittleBlueNA's Avatar
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA is offline
The red pandas are coming
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 13th, 2020
RPXP: 21039
LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA LittleBlueNA
Posts: 4,315
Keloryn Roloval
left-aligned image

Keloryn rushes forward and begins shattering strands of webbing with his icy bolts. As each strand comes free, he feels a tug at the back of his mind, but shakes it off and focuses on their work.

 
__________________
Status: I'm doing as well as can be expected in 2020 :D - 6/20/2020
Never Lose a Post Again!
  #104  
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 12:57 AM
quintangible's Avatar
quintangible quintangible is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2018
RPXP: 263
quintangible quintangible quintangible
Posts: 467
left-aligned image
As the first sticky strands are removed from the wiggling mass, a male dwarf emerges, gasping for air. As soon as he is free, he helps uncover a wolf, assuring you that she is not an enemy. Two other forms are less fortunate. Their flesh is desiccated, seemingly having been entrapped days before. They appear to have been adventurers, based on their apparel and gear that you can make out.

OOCNo active combat, so anyone can post. The map image links to the site if you want to reposition yourself or anything. Still no response or activity from GreatCthulhu or Rainbow007, but I don't have reason to believe they've dropped. Let me know if anyone hears anything from either of them.






  #105  
Old Jun 16th, 2017, 12:31 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 26th, 2023
RPXP: 6096
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,014
Harsk & TrynneUnderground. A fine place for a dwarf, and seems the wolf doesn't really mind it either. But this...this is not the way Harsk Hardenbark intends! Wrapped up in a four-foot cocoon. In a spider's web!

But as good fortune would have it, our druidic dwarf and his canine companion are eescued, by a group of fellow adventurers! And as the spidery webbing is pulled away...oh, the sight for deep dwarven eyes!

left-aligned image
"Ah! Now dat's better," ol' Harsk exclaims. "I be wantin' ta thank ya lads! I was fearful, fer dat we were goners!

"Well now, I be Harsk Hardenbark! Druid aspirant from de grove known as Silvertree. Well met, ta all o' ya!"


right-aligned image
As the duo's rescue is realized, a wolf emerges, with slow wariness, from its own former webbed shackles. It walks up to he dwarf, who promptly pets it.

"Dis 'ere is Trynne," Harsk says, introducing his canine friend. "Don' pay 'im but no mind, 'e's wid me."

ActionsMoved my tokens, down with everyone else. Mainly just to test my map-using skilz.

Character SheetHarsk Hardenbark, Dwarf Druid
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Jun 16th, 2017 at 01:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:54 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB