Trip to Lepidstadt - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old May 28th, 2021, 10:35 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,285
Later afternoon.
So the entire party covers the final distance to those on the road? Meaning, you drive the wagons up to the campsite?
__________________
Anodyzed
  #62  
Old May 28th, 2021, 10:39 PM
Demilich's Avatar
Demilich Demilich is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 27th, 2023
RPXP: 100
Demilich Demilich
Posts: 1,171
Yes we drive the wagons forward to the Varisian campsite unless interrupts us
__________________
I come in peace
  #63  
Old May 28th, 2021, 10:47 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,285
As your wagons approach, an albino man approaches. He has red eyes and long, white hair that hangs below his knees, Kaleb wears a tall red top hat, a long red coat with gold buckles, and striped trousers.
He stops just in front of your first horse and begins pleading for your assistance.
It seems one of the troupe members is missing, and his people are too frightened of the moors about this area to go look for her. He pleads with you to stop and help find her.

I'll give you all a DC 18 Local knowledge to have heard of this troupe. Beat DC23 and I'll tell you a LOT about them. Can't take 10 or 20.
__________________
Anodyzed
  #64  
Old May 28th, 2021, 10:57 PM
Demilich's Avatar
Demilich Demilich is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 27th, 2023
RPXP: 100
Demilich Demilich
Posts: 1,171
Cronus KNOW Local
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (1)+2 Total = 3


Kat KNOW Local
Trained
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
__________________
I come in peace
  #65  
Old May 29th, 2021, 12:29 AM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 883
Chemistry, knowledge local, untrained:
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (9)+2 Total = 11
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com
  #66  
Old May 29th, 2021, 05:52 AM
cybersavant's Avatar
cybersavant cybersavant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 151
cybersavant cybersavant
Posts: 1,698
Kazgar gets off the wagon and asks, "Where did you last see her?"

Dice kn local trained:
1d20+1 (5)+1 Total = 6

Dice tracking:
1d20+9 (4)+9 Total = 13
__________________
gaming since 1980
  #67  
Old May 29th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,285
When the PCs arrive, the various members of the troupe are milling aimlessly around the stopped caravan. Aleece’s sisters Lettie and Poppy are crying and distraught, which in turn is causing the Wolf Child to howl inconsolably. Lidia and S’jeer are trying to comfort them while the others argue over the best course of action to take. Trollblood and Prince Zar are in favor of mounting a search party to find Aleece, but Hap and the three clowns are reluctant to venture into the nearby fens for fear that whatever happened to Aleece might happen to them.

As soon as the Kin realize that strangers have arrived, Kaleb emerges from his wagon to greet the PCs. Though the Kin are naturally reluctant to trust strangers, Kaleb does not want to risk the lives of his troupe in a foolhardy search in the fens at night. Several travelers have already passed the caravan by, repulsed by the freaks’ appearance, and despite his somewhat sinister appearance, Kaleb honestly needs help. In all his finery, he approaches the PCs and explains the situation, assuring them that his troupe are harmless performers who have lost one of their own. He begs the PCs for aid, and promises to reward them with a magical dagger if they can find the missing Aleece. It should be immediately obvious to the PCs that the Kin are ill-prepared to go venturing into the fens for a search.

Kaleb explains the situation to you as best he can, and begs for your help in finding the missing sister o Lettie and Poppy.
__________________
Anodyzed
  #68  
Old May 29th, 2021, 02:06 PM
noozoo's Avatar
noozoo noozoo is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2023
RPXP: 143
noozoo noozoo
Posts: 883
Chemistry feels for the sisters especially. She asks Kaleb, "Why was she alone? Did she wander off? What was she doing when she was last seen?"
__________________
---------------------------_/ /\/\ /\/ -----------------------------
mike@noozoo.com
  #69  
Old May 29th, 2021, 06:09 PM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,285
Kaleb continues to speak for Kin: Yes, we stopped a bit early for the evening camp, and she just wandered off. He points into the fen. The rest of us are here, and didn't notice she was gone for a bit, but then, when we called out to her, nothing, no answer. And we're just not equipped or brave enough to go into that to try to find her. Do you have anyone who can track, by chance?

Altogether, there are 12 left in their campsite. EVERY one of them has some physical abnormality, which is sensationalized on their wagons. Nine wagons make up their 'circus caravan' each pulled by a barely able nag of a horse.
__________________
Anodyzed

Last edited by Anodyzed; May 29th, 2021 at 06:09 PM.
  #70  
Old May 30th, 2021, 10:58 PM
Demilich's Avatar
Demilich Demilich is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 27th, 2023
RPXP: 100
Demilich Demilich
Posts: 1,171
Kat offers "We are willing to look for her, would you tell us, um, how we will know her? once we find her? What was she last dressed in?"
__________________
I come in peace
  #71  
Old May 31st, 2021, 01:04 AM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,285
Both of her sisters, as part of their 'act' suffer from microcephaly. They are the 'Pinhead Sisters' and Aleece has the same head size. They don't recall what specifically she was wearing but you'll know her when you see her.
__________________
Anodyzed
  #72  
Old Jun 1st, 2021, 03:50 AM
Fliege's Avatar
Fliege Fliege is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 29th, 2021
RPXP: 0
Fliege
Posts: 722
Brax listens closely watching the body language and the inflections of his voice to judge his character of truth.

Sense Motive:
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (7)+8 Total = 15


Seeing if anything reaches out to his mind from what he heard during his travels.
Knowledge: Local
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (13)+2 Total = 15
__________________
If I am playing a dwarf, be afraid, be very afraid!
  #73  
Old Jun 1st, 2021, 04:07 AM
cybersavant's Avatar
cybersavant cybersavant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 151
cybersavant cybersavant
Posts: 1,698
Kazgar will walk further away from their camp and try again to find tracks.

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (9)+9 Total = 18
__________________
gaming since 1980
  #74  
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 01:02 AM
Anodyzed's Avatar
Anodyzed Anodyzed is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 1777
Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed Anodyzed
Posts: 5,285
Brax pretty much senses no deception from them, mostly exasparation and fear.

As for what he's heard, you recognize the name of the Circus: "Crooked Kin." He recalls they are a collection of individuals with some physical deformity who travel and sell attendance at their shows.


Kazgar notices some tracks leading off into the fen, directly away from the wagons..
__________________
Anodyzed
  #75  
Old Jun 2nd, 2021, 01:22 AM
cybersavant's Avatar
cybersavant cybersavant is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 151
cybersavant cybersavant
Posts: 1,698
Kazgar "I found something. Who's coming along?" The Dwarf will follow the tracks.
__________________
gaming since 1980

Last edited by cybersavant; Jun 2nd, 2021 at 01:22 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB