Act I - The Dark Streets of London - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Recount of the Plight of Old London Town
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old 12-04-2009, 11:10 AM
Grundz's Avatar
Grundz Grundz is offline
Warranty void on Material
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-04-2016
RPXP: 320
Grundz Grundz Grundz Grundz
Posts: 901
"Oh, but there's the rub, you see..." Lloyd grins mischieviously, "The bobbies won't even acknowledge that these hoodlums exist. It's complicated, but if you'd rather not, I understand."

Moving to the door, Lloyd peeks outside, and lets loose a sharp whistle. "Brentin!" he calls, "Come here, got a job for you."
You hear a dog bark, and a young boy mumble in response.
"There's a schilling here if you'd like to fetch Mister Athos and a glazier for me. That's a good lad." More barking follows, though it fades into the distance soon enough.
Returning to the bar, Lloyd takes a broom and begins to sweep the broken glass from around the window.
__________________
Thus spaketh Grundz: Druid, Apothecary, Ranger, Mad Scientist, Punster, Viticulturalist, Sage, DM, Freelancer, Dark Rider, Eater of Pies, Bringer of Lightning, Architect of the Grand Scheme of Things, Benevolent God of Stuff-in-General, and All-Round Nice Guy!
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-04-2009, 11:43 AM
orangehatter's Avatar
orangehatter orangehatter is offline
Dance is what Dance does
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-09-2015
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Posts: 2,322
"Naveed, what is a.. nomeenatet benefikiary?"

E'loi looked over at his form again, scrunching up his face as he searched for a proper definition.

"Well friend...if you were to die," he seemed to enjoy his emphasis. "...the beneficiary would be the person to receive your belongings."
__________________
Air Force

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 12-05-2009, 01:50 AM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-17-2020
RPXP: 3972
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 2,286
"Belongings? Tobenter don't keep many things. The only thing I have that I name mine is my club." The orc grabs the leather wrapped handle at his belt. "But when we die, we burn our clubs with our bodies, and the ashes are planted in the grove in the-"

He hadn't realized it, but his ashes would most likely not be buried in the sacred grove of his homeland. The entire grove was ash now.

Picking up the pen, he writes BURN THEM on the paper and drops the broken nub down on the table.

"When do we start?"
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 12-05-2009, 03:49 AM
Rekal Rekal is offline
Rogue at Heart
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-26-2017
RPXP: 1211
Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal
Posts: 1,221
"I think I would rather not. I am not cut out for intimidation." The elf shakes her auburn locks again before leaning forward to nurse her drink.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 12-05-2009, 04:12 AM
Nithia's Avatar
Nithia Nithia is offline
Evil Neko
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-03-2016
RPXP: 99
Nithia
Posts: 610
Alice takes her paper to fill out. Looks it over and decides there is no need to lie on this form. It doesn't ask much. She gives only her first name Alice as she has not used her last name since before her family was killed. As for where she stays she simply lists the White Hart Inn. She doesn't know anyone or have any family so she lists the kind family that owns the Inn as her benefactors in the unfortunate demise of herself. It is the question of skills that is a hard one to answer without giving away her true profession. A simple one was fencing as she was skilled with her blades quite well. Beyond that the only other skill she could think of, other than killing people for money, was writing and that was quite clear from the look of her script she used to fill out the page. She hands her paper to the man called "Grey".
__________________
"You cannot answer for a collective when you fail as an individual."
DM: Of the Blessed and the Damned
PC: A Recount of the Plight of Old London Town (Alice); A Gathering of Wolves (Mesia); Nova Terra (Nithia)
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 12-07-2009, 02:10 AM
Grundz's Avatar
Grundz Grundz is offline
Warranty void on Material
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-04-2016
RPXP: 320
Grundz Grundz Grundz Grundz
Posts: 901
As you finish with your forms and hand them to the Grey, he places them within a leather binder, and ties its ribbon closed. Mere moments pass before he signals to another group of guards behind you.
"Evening Reds." he nods as the trio, all in red tabards, emerge from the darkness into the lamplight down the path. "As I mentioned, three more to join the Archmage's defense. Good luck gentlemen, ma'am." he concludes, handing the folder to one of the guards.

"Thank you, Grey. Follow me, please." he instructs, giving each of you the barest of acknowledgement before walking back towards the campus.
After a moment you come to a large wooden double door leading into one of the few ground floor rooms to still be lit. The red pulls a heavy keyring from his waist and opens it, leading you onward through the corridor to a waiting room where a middle aged man in a dark brown suit sits at a desk, peering over ledgers through silver framed spectacles, and scribbling down notes. Four simple wooden chairs line one wall, while a door and a grandfather clock adorn the opposite wall. The clock's pendulum creates rather an unsettling sound in this otherwise silent room.
"More mercenaries, Red?" he inquires, not bothering to look up. "Leave the details upon my desk, and go back to your business, I shall look upon them shortly. As for you three," he says, poking his head up and looking you over now, "Take a seat, I will not be long."

__________________
Thus spaketh Grundz: Druid, Apothecary, Ranger, Mad Scientist, Punster, Viticulturalist, Sage, DM, Freelancer, Dark Rider, Eater of Pies, Bringer of Lightning, Architect of the Grand Scheme of Things, Benevolent God of Stuff-in-General, and All-Round Nice Guy!

Last edited by Grundz; 12-07-2009 at 02:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 12-07-2009, 04:40 PM
orangehatter's Avatar
orangehatter orangehatter is offline
Dance is what Dance does
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-09-2015
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Posts: 2,322
Naveed entered the room displaying confidence, but harboring suspicion. His hood had been pulled back and his face revealed. It was not a comfortable situation. Still, he stepped alongside the others while keeping his eyes and ears open. He took the seat farther from the desk, where he could take in his surroundings more quietly.

__________________
Air Force

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 PM
Nithia's Avatar
Nithia Nithia is offline
Evil Neko
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-03-2016
RPXP: 99
Nithia
Posts: 610
Alice sits next to Naveed and crosses her legs sitting patently. She watches the man at the desk the entire time.
__________________
"You cannot answer for a collective when you fail as an individual."
DM: Of the Blessed and the Damned
PC: A Recount of the Plight of Old London Town (Alice); A Gathering of Wolves (Mesia); Nova Terra (Nithia)
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 12-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Grundz's Avatar
Grundz Grundz is offline
Warranty void on Material
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-04-2016
RPXP: 320
Grundz Grundz Grundz Grundz
Posts: 901
The only sound in the room comes from the continual tick-tock of the grandfather clock, and the occasional scratching of pen on paper as the suited man continues his work.
The only other items of notice are an ornate bronze oil lamp with a flowing swirl design frosted into the base of the glass, next to a stack of papers on his desk; a hat rack in the corner, from which hang a smart brown hat to match the man's suit, a long brown woolen coat, and a black umbrella; and two framed diplomas hung upon the wall. From these you figure that the man's name is Fallorn Brill, and he's good at both magic and business administration.

A good 10 minutes pass as you sit there, and just before you consider getting impatient, the man looks up at you once more.
"The Archmage finds you more than acceptable," he states with a slight disgust colouring his words, as though he doesn't agree, "Here is your task." He rises from his seat and extends his hand to you, offering a brown paper envelope bearing the Archmage's seal in purple wax.
"Good night and good luck, gentlemen, ma'am." He sits then, and goes back to his work as though you're not even there anymore.
__________________
Thus spaketh Grundz: Druid, Apothecary, Ranger, Mad Scientist, Punster, Viticulturalist, Sage, DM, Freelancer, Dark Rider, Eater of Pies, Bringer of Lightning, Architect of the Grand Scheme of Things, Benevolent God of Stuff-in-General, and All-Round Nice Guy!

Last edited by Grundz; 12-09-2009 at 01:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
Nithia's Avatar
Nithia Nithia is offline
Evil Neko
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-03-2016
RPXP: 99
Nithia
Posts: 610
Alice takes the envelope from the man at the desk and sits back down in her chair. Opening the envelope she pulls the papers out and starts reading.
__________________
"You cannot answer for a collective when you fail as an individual."
DM: Of the Blessed and the Damned
PC: A Recount of the Plight of Old London Town (Alice); A Gathering of Wolves (Mesia); Nova Terra (Nithia)
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 12-11-2009, 06:23 AM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 01-17-2020
RPXP: 3972
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 2,286
Helid looks down over Alice's shoulder at the piece of parchment in dismay. They did not even meet us. "Is this how matters are usually done in England? With papers, not people?"
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Nithia's Avatar
Nithia Nithia is offline
Evil Neko
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-03-2016
RPXP: 99
Nithia
Posts: 610
Alice looks at Helid. She shrugs and thinks to her self, "Just government officials it would seem."
__________________
"You cannot answer for a collective when you fail as an individual."
DM: Of the Blessed and the Damned
PC: A Recount of the Plight of Old London Town (Alice); A Gathering of Wolves (Mesia); Nova Terra (Nithia)
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 12-11-2009, 11:53 AM
orangehatter's Avatar
orangehatter orangehatter is offline
Dance is what Dance does
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-09-2015
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Posts: 2,322
E'loi leans in close to Alice to get a better view of the letter. "Yes. This land utilizes documented deals and discussions daily."
__________________
Air Force

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 12-12-2009, 05:19 AM
Grundz's Avatar
Grundz Grundz is offline
Warranty void on Material
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-04-2016
RPXP: 320
Grundz Grundz Grundz Grundz
Posts: 901
The EnvelopeFrom the office of the Archmage, A. L. Barrington MFD, HMAA, OGC.

Great thanks to you, fine citizens, who take it upon yourselves to aid Queen and country in its time of need.
Apologies that I could not meet with you in person, but alas I am somewhat pre-occupied at the current time. I leave you in the capable hands of Master Brill, who I am sure made you aware of the nature of your contract.

I will reiterate the details here, however. As this is a moment in time in which state security is quite an issue, this document has been abjured against unauthorised reading. The papers within will remain illegible, lest you be located in Master Brills chambers, or else speak the words of command; "Vir militus quinque. Caecus Oculus. Haud magis."
Remember this, else it will remain unseen to your eyes as it it will to any others.

Your mission is this:
The Honoured Magister Hermin Trentworth has held himself apart from the Towers for several years now, following rather an unfortunate internal incident that is no longer of consequence.
He has the good fortune to be an abjurer of unquestionable skill, though as he remains lacking in tact, the Magister finds social situations most disagreeable, and has become somewhat of a recluse.

Magister Trentworth has, in our understanding, developed an irrational prejudice against his fellow mages, and our attempts to contact him have proved unfruitful. His tower, located three miles to the south of Harlow, has been warded against those with arcane talent, and as such, mages other than Magister Trentworth have been unable to enter it.

His skills are needed in the defence of the city, so to that I end we contract to you the task of locating the Magister and escorting him to my office. Use whatever means necessary, but do not cause him harm, lest his spite toward us grow.

Enclosed you will find the sum of two hundred pounds for any expenses incurred. A further eight hundred pounds will be awarded to you on successful completion of this task.

Yours in the Service of Her Majesty, England, and the Arts Arcane,
A. L. Barrington, MFD, HMAA, OGC.


Sure enough, the envelope also contains a wedge of twenty pieces of paper, each being a 10 pound notes from the Bank of England.
__________________
Thus spaketh Grundz: Druid, Apothecary, Ranger, Mad Scientist, Punster, Viticulturalist, Sage, DM, Freelancer, Dark Rider, Eater of Pies, Bringer of Lightning, Architect of the Grand Scheme of Things, Benevolent God of Stuff-in-General, and All-Round Nice Guy!

Last edited by Grundz; 12-14-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
orangehatter's Avatar
orangehatter orangehatter is offline
Dance is what Dance does
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-09-2015
RPXP: 1437
orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter orangehatter
Posts: 2,322
E'loi quietly read the letter several times over. As well, he was hard-pressed to restrain his kleptomania at the sight of the coins. He wasn't sure he wanted to discuss their plan of investigation in front of their cold-eyed Master Brill; administrator or not, E'loi often developed less-than-lawful methods that he'd rather go unnoticed. "Use whatever means necessary" didn't encourage him in the slightest.

"Would you two mind if we stepped out into the hall?"
__________________
Air Force

Computers were on lock down here for a security violation thanks to some morons. Back in full effect!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:50 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB