Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Solo Games
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-29-2020, 03:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 748
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
"Certainly, that would be lovely. A spot of tea before we hunt."

I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 06-01-2020, 06:35 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 525
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
Aweyn
left-aligned image

The morning birds dawn song echoed throughout the mountainous valley, that Aweyn and Baldric were camped within. The warming embers of the morning fire helped dissipate the chill of dewy morning mists that had soaked into socks and bedrolls.

The tea that Aweyn poured from her painted ceramic pot, had an elegant golden color, and smelled extraordinary.
" So then Baldric, cheers to our best of health and best of luck."

Aweyn held up her cup, and bowed to Baldric while smiling. " Nothing like a fine tea to warm ones throat in the the morning. I quite fancy a good tea shop, have you ever just lounged about smelling jars until you’ve gone silly?" Aweyn chuckled warmly, she seemed quite content to day dream about teas for a long while. Sitting there crosslegged upon a patterned blanket she sipped away at her frothy tea.

Eventually she caught Baldrics eye, and spoke up. " Now, I thought I’d ask.. Do you wish to seek out the Illithid studies section of my families library first? Or shall we convene with Madam Katrine for a look into her crystal ball?"

Old 06-04-2020, 03:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo FatherDondo
He furrowed his brow in thought. "I don't remember ever having done, so I can't say that I haven't, but it doesn't sound like something I'd do.

"In any case, I would like to study your library first. I already have a crystal ball."
He tugs at the lid of his left eye, with a sigil of divination inscribed around its socket.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:34 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Aweyn
left-aligned image

Aweyn smiled politely, and saw that Baldric was forgetful of some of the memories in his life. She bowed her head and chuckled a bit. " Ever am i young Baldric, i have a passion for delighting in the experience of the senses. The nose is a particularly powerful one would you agree? Whether a flower, or well spiced food, it truly does conjure such enjoyable sentiments. .
Ahhh, and lest i start remembering that we journey onward to my families home. Where, my golden harp also resides"

Aweyn smiled brightly, she began to pluck the invisible strings of a harp, and sway with a fluid ness of her imagined music.

" Sound and music are also very powerful. I am inclined to show you some of my talents, and perhaps parous the apothecary cabinets with you as well!"

Aweyn began to arrange her possessions for departure. After fastening her bedroll to her leather pack, she wrapped up the tea pot in a silken cloth, and carefully stowed it away. She looked onward into the horizon, and with a great breath she smiled at the path that descended into the valley.
"Very well Baldric, we shall away, and let us seek where my family resides. It will be some days before we arrive at the castle of Talmhor."

Aweyn began to place one foot in front of the other. At a relaxed pace, she strode onward. Her bare feet gingerly picked their way around sharp rocks. It could be seen that upon her feet were spiraling golden tattoos. The golden marks were shining with a brilliance that was complimented by the golden rays of the morning light.

left-aligned image

For some days the duo trekked onward, picking their way along the soft dirt and gravel road that gradually wound down from the great mountain pass.

It had been a smooth and uneventful journey this far, until one afternoon, they came to a fork in the road, where one signpost read. Talmhor and the other read Gedit Inn.

Aweyn smiled at the sign. " ahh the humble Gedit Inn, i have business there Baldric, and it will be a pleasant place to stay the night.

It shall not even be a detour, as i know a passage that will allow us travel into the lowlands from there.

The mountain town of Gedit, sprung up around the original inn. Which, was originally the guild hall of the Crag Stalkers!"

The journey to Gedit took Aweyn and Baldric upward, requiring that their calves and hamstrings have an excellent work out. As, the steep trail that led into rocky foothills was one gritting step after the other. The laborious climb was accentuated by the sights of mountain goats, as well as several burbling brooks and waterfalls.

Eventually, they arrived at the front archway of the village.

" Hail the snotbrow slayer!" Aweyn loudly called out as she approached the fortified gate house.

"Bahaha! Good to see you Aweyn." a gruff and burly voice called out from the splintered windows above the entrance.

" Well, don’t catch a cold out there! Come on In!"

Aweyn made her way into the mountain town, she guided Baldric to a large stone longhouse, that had smoke curling from a great central chimney.

"Would you mind finding a room for us to bed down? I shall join you soon." Aweyn reached into her pack and pulled out a small felted bag that jingled and clinked as she set it into Baldric’s palm.

"Drinks, food and lodging are all taken care of Baldric, I have some business to attend to promptly, then i shall join you soon."

Aweyn then walked onward and turned eastward around a stone cottage with a thatched roof and disappeared out of Baldrics sight.

That’s when the door of the Inn opened from the inside, and Baldrics nose and ears were washed with sounds and smells. Jovial music, hearty laughter and the smells of roasting food and burning bundles of aromatic incenses poured out from the open door.

Last edited by Aoem; 06-15-2020 at 05:47 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:28 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
Baldric Sullivan, Fighter(2)/Diviner(2)
HP: 30/30 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind (1/1) | 1 extra action. SR/LRAction Surge (1/1) | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)
Background: Divination specialty allows Baldric to find omens in things related to fire. Grants Augury as ritual.Pyromancy | Background Feature: When signs of specialty are in the environment, you can read them without actively trying (effectively augury), aware if current activity brings future woe.Passive Foresight | Feats: When making attack/check/save, spend 1 luck point to roll an additional 1d20, then pick which to use. When attacked, spend a point to roll 1d20 & pick that or enemy's attack roll. Points regained on LRLucky (3/3 Luck Points).

He thought to him"Young Baldric?" He idly grabbed a lock of his hair to remind himself what color it was. "Hm. Forgot how old I was. Maybe it's comparatively young? How long do her people live? Oh wait, what? 'Gedit Inn.' Is that what it sounds like? Surely not. Is it? Wait, Snotbrow?" He was accustomed to having a stream of conflicting thoughts all at once, but when the real world was outside what he expected, it could easily become confusing. Was what he was experiencing something that's actually happening now, or something that will or might or has already happened? Well, at the very least, the inn appeared to be a normal inn. He walked up to the bar and set down his gear. Maybe a drink would help bring him back into focus. "Hello, my good man. The Lady's blessings on you. Do you have any mead on tap?"

Old 07-29-2020, 03:12 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Gedit Inn
left-aligned image

Grab yourself a stool by de bar. I be ovah to you in a moment.
Came the reply, from a large boulder skinned brute, with a tattooed and scarred complexion.
The orcish bartender, walked cantankerously toward a nearby table, and heartily clanked three mugs down upon the table top.
Well into their drinks already, the patrons profusely thanked the gruesomely strong orc for his service. They whooped and whistled at the purity of the ale. "Cud I take a bath in yer fermentin vats?" Came a bubbly jest, burped out through a hiccup, from a blue skinned bearded man at the table.
The orc shook his head with humbleness, and placed a fist over his chest as he said. "De mountain spring carries da old Mojo into de Ale. It be full of de mountain spirit, it will make de heart strong."

The innkeep shuffled his massive frame away from the table, and over to the bar. Where he placed his large tanned hands down upon the polished bar top. A geometric latticework of runic tattoos wove around his digits and upwards onto the backs of his dark hands.

" Here I ave de ecliptic nightshade meadery bottles."
The Orc’s arm lifted lightly upward, and then artfully brushed his fingers in the direction of the colored glass bottles that lined a shelf over his right shoulder."Dey be de best in de land. Da mojo is strong in dis mead."
His hand grasped one of the bottles, and brandished it with a flourish and a pop! of the cork.
"Da best we offer, dis one is on me. Velkom In to de Gedit inn."

Slowly enough, and with delicacy, the inn keep reached under bar, his pinched finger and thumb arose some moments later. Clutched gingerly in their embrace, was a frosted crystal glass.
"De honey and wildflower taste de best wit de cool crystal."
He said as he poured the fragrant elixir and served it toward Baldric.

" De posting board be where de jobs are."
The orc pushed a finger toward a long wooden plank mounted on the wall. Where generations of torn parchment scraps and nail holes covered the skin of the plank.

" De cragstalkers be callin dis town home, we be sleeping well with em in our walls."

The orcs chin raised upward, and his lips pursed for a moment as a guttural gargling began in his throat.

His mouth tensed, his lips pursed forward, and with a loud Hawckk he hurled his phlegm upward toward the ceiling, where it landed upon the forehead of a mounted troll’s head. Whose grotesque visage was preserved in the likeness of a horrific snarl.

" Hail de snot brow slayer! "

The orc’s belly began chuckling heartily, he slapped his greasy palm down upon the old stained bar again, and said to Baldric.

" How goes yer life? See tings a bit different den most, don’t yeh?"

The orc winked at Baldrics Wyrd eye, and then stuck out his tongue in a playful manner.

The top of the Ors tounge was silvery and scarred with a burned complexion.

" Ey can’t taste de salt of me own sweat, but dey say me mead be de finest in de land, one door close, another opens."

Last edited by Aoem; 07-29-2020 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-08-2020, 05:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
HP: 30/30 | AC 17 | PP: 14 | Spell Save DC: 13 | Spell Attack: +5 | Status: Normal
HD: 1d10, 2d6 | Spell Slots: Level 1 (3/3) | +1 ACDefensive Fighting Style | 1d10+Fighter Lvl. Bonus action on your turn. SR/LR.Second Wind (1/1) | 1 extra action. SR/LRAction Surge (1/1) | SR. Recover spell slots, combined lvl <= 1/2 Wiz lvl (round up)(not 6+)Arcane Recovery | Move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.Nimbleness | Time & gold spent to copy divination spells is halvedDivination Savant | After LR, roll 2d20. Replace any attack roll/save/check by you/creature in sight.Portent (8, 19)
Background: Divination specialty allows Baldric to find omens in things related to fire. Grants Augury as ritual.Pyromancy | Background Feature: When signs of specialty are in the environment, you can read them without actively trying (effectively augury), aware if current activity brings future woe.Passive Foresight | Feats: When making attack/check/save, spend 1 luck point to roll an additional 1d20, then pick which to use. When attacked, spend a point to roll 1d20 & pick that or enemy's attack roll. Points regained on LRLucky (3/3 Luck Points).

Baldric picked up the glass, swirled its contents, and took a sip. "There's been no shortage of surprises, and I've only just arrived, haha." Another, larger sip. "It's magical, so it doesn't bother me at all. I just had to learn how to see half the world as sort of purple. And a few other bits. This eye was a gift from my goddess; what brought you your tongue?"

Old 09-09-2020, 02:13 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
" De traditions of my clans require feats of strength.
I held the egg of a fire drake in my mouth, then dove from it's nest into lake Valaku."

He chuckled warmly. A man nearby belched and looked over in admiration.
Old 09-14-2020, 04:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Sounds like a hell of a time." He clapped the barman on the shoulder and returned to his drink."Thank you, friend." After he'd finished, he got up to look at the board. Who knows, maybe there's something we can take care of along the way. My lady has given him greater coincidences before.

Old 09-20-2020, 01:45 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Gedit Inn
The Diviner enjoyed his spiced honey tonic for a while. Sitting at the bar of this particular Inn was a unique experience for most. Decorations of grotesquely mounted trophies covered the walls. Plaques of etched wood hung, in honor of the great trophy slayers who protected the rugged mountain town.

Baldrics eye fell onto a certain section of the wall that was said to be the ‘posting board’, where the soft wood had been impaled by generations of flyers.

The grizzled veteran made his way over to the board and gave it a look.
There he saw many jobs. From; disappeared children, bandits & a witch doctors shopping list, to the Cragstalkers prize trophy hunts.

However, what really caught Baldrics Wyrd Eye, was a flyer for a company of archeologists.
Calling only the bravest and boldest, for a mission of discovery & fortune!

After scanning it for some moment, Baldric was lucid with visions of the unforseen future that he had been blessed with glimpses of.

The same golden pyramids that lay under a drowned forest, maniacal whispers of mind flayers, the beat of a tribal drum...

The letter ended with,

Report to the gothics southern most outpost! Seek Archebold & the expedition! We make way into Shalashmakkar!

Last edited by Aoem; 09-27-2020 at 01:31 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:36 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
His breath caught. My Lady wouldn't give me a vision if it wasn't important. I must go. He took another look at the board; his eye lingered in the spot where it had been before he noticed the expedition. I'll have to keep those children in mind, but I must do this as well. Perhaps I will find the children by accident during the quest. Weirder coincidence has happened. Baldric took note of both quests before heading out to investigate. Since the expedition. Would leave by schedule, he went to see if he could find someone to tell him about the children first.

Old 10-09-2020, 09:42 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Beggar In the Alley
left-aligned image

It was easy enough for Baldric to locate a possible informant, some minutes stroll down a snowy lane.

In a rolling alleyway Baldric found a beggar who looked too wise for the filth upon his hands.

The man sat within a tanned skin tent upon the side of the lane. Hid clothes were dirty, torn and tattered.

His eyes were white and clouded over, and a monkey on a thin chain sat upon his shoulder.

As Baldric passed by the tent, the beggars rasping and wheezy voice called out, " Looking for someone?"

A cup was then raised by a shaking and frail hand, lifted up to Baldric as the beggar asked. " Alms? "

As he did so, the monkey upon his shoulder began clapping it's hands and stretching it's face in amusing directions.

Last edited by Aoem; 10-09-2020 at 09:51 PM.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

Looking over the beggar, Baldric immediately decided that this meeting had been arranged by Wyrd Orlog. It was fully possible that it was just a random old man, but there was a look about him that convinced the mad diviner that this man was something more. And if he was wrong, then he had been charitable, which was no bad thing. Baldric fished in his pocket for change and dropped 30 copper pieces in the beggar's cup. "The Forces Divine be with you, sir. I am looking for someone, actually. Do you know where I can find a man named Archebald, as well as someone who can tell me about the disappearing children."

Old 10-19-2020, 05:16 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Beggar's words"Archebold, ahh yes, i have heard of this man, the wide world recognizes this man as an adventurous explorer. I have heard that he is traveling south, into the drowned jungle." The beggar happily clinked the coin within his cup as he smiled to Baldric. He moved the cup over to the monkey who then began to pick the copper pieces from the cup and deposit them within a small bag near the mans foot. The beggar reached out his hand to the monkey after it had finished moving the copper and he gave it some crumbs of bread.

The beggars eyes closed for a moment, Baldric could see that they rapidly moved behind his closed lids. " Ahhh, I see that Archebold and his company are in grave danger, i see him at the end of a centaurs lance. Cross the reinfleur river, seek a standing stone circle on the road to Charlemagnes Southern Fort. "

The man coughed a bit and stretched his arms over head.

" Missing children you ask? I have felt a strange wind coming from the castle of Talhmor,i have heard the whispers of foreign voices conspiring in town.

Does this help you Baldric?"
Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"Hmm... Reinfleur, Charlemagnes, Talhmor... Yes, I believe so. Do you know if Archebold has left yet, or is his trouble with the centaur a matter of the present, rather than the future?"