RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-08-2020, 09:22 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1392
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
My app is done and ready for review, also.
Old 10-08-2020, 01:19 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy Ferdy
left-aligned image

Application Status:
Complete
Character Name/Race/Class/Background:
Davage "The Blackhand"
Human/Kalashtar(It's complicated!)
Paladin(Planning on redemption oath)
Haunted One
Character Elevator Pitch:
Davage was a very bad man who had a come-to-Ilmater moment and is now trying hard to be a very good man. Whether his past will catch up to him anyway is another matter...
Character Appearance:
Davage's face is scarred and weathered. He has the sad look of a tormented soul, but behind all that is an unexpected softness in his eyes. His dress is simple and practical.
Character Backstory:
Davage was a brigand and highwayman. He robbed, kidnapped, and murdered for his gang by night, and tried to maintain some semblance of a home life by day. Until everything he loved was taken away when a rival gang found his family and slaughtered them in cold blood. In a fit of tormented sorrow he tried to take his own life.

But the wandering spirit of a word archon named Mercy felt Davage's remorse and regret, and halted his death to offer him a chance at redemption. Davage would live, bonded to the spirit of mercy, until the black stain upon his heart of all his past iniquitous deeds was purged by a new spirit of hope, life, and light. Only then will Davage's spirit be worthy of joining his family's spirits in Mount Celestia, and only then will Mercy withdraw her protection and allow the death that was halted that one fateful day to run its course. For Davage has a pair of staunched wounds that no magic can mend running from the insides of his elbows all the way to his wrists, and once Mercy leaves, they will begin bleeding once more and finish what Davage began.
Character Secret(s):
Davage is a wanted criminal in several of the Ten Towns(DM's choice!). Many of the region's criminals also consider themselves as having unfinished business with him.
Ten Towns:
Davage's past infamy still follows him in many civilized parts of Icewind Dale. He has firsthand knowledge of the sordid underbelly and a past with the criminal networks therein, but for obvious reasons he's hesitant to put those connections to use any longer.
Why I want to play this character:
Morality is a complicated subject and I'd like to try a character that attempts to treat it with the nuanced and sometimes messy thing that it is rather than simply picking an alignment and roleplaying it.
OOC Name:
Richard
OOC Pronouns:
He/him
Please Avoid:
Nothing
Anything else:
Nope
Old 10-08-2020, 04:35 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 710
VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller VaultDweller
I've updated my app with the feedback you gave, for your perusal
Old 10-09-2020, 07:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Like VaultDweller, I have also edited in line with the feedback given.
Old 10-09-2020, 02:47 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 722
Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver Carver
I'm sneaking in before the deadline. I've got time to pick up some more games and this one jumped out at me. Thanks for the consideration and good luck everybody.

Character ApplicationApplication Status: Complete
Character Name/Race/Class/Background: Arbiter, Hobgoblin, Rogue, Criminal
Character Elevator Pitch: A lot of the time Arbiter isn't sure what he's looking for, just what he's leaving behind. What he really needs is a place to call home and a family to rely on but that's easier said than done as an untrustworthy Hobgoblin with a past holding him down. Despite best intentions, the rogue has one skill - murder. He is at the very least looking to get paid for that talent on the right terms. In his nature, Arbiter is looking to prove to others how capable he is. If nothing else, he hopes he can find himself on his journey.

Character Appearance:

Character Backstory:

Character Secret(s):

Ten Towns: What's not to like about Ten Towns? It feels far away enough from regular civilisation that news of his past couldn't follow and ruin his reputation. More so, if anyone wasn't looking for him that'd have no interest in following him into the cold. Ten Towns is the epitome of fresh start, and if it's a little tough, that just means less competition. As for the curse, bad news indeed, but surely one that prompts lots of work for a man of his talents. Arbiter expects people will pay for the removal of creatures and criminals, and that can only help his standing in this land.

Why I want to play this character: There are many ideas I want to explore with Arbiter. I like the Hobgoblin trait of wanting to save face, how it will be really psychologically important for him to be performing efficiently in front of others and how he will have to cope with failure. Rogue I think works nicely, making it all or nothing in combat while also toying with the morality of his occupation and his past as he tries to forge a good future. Then Arbiter himself has a personality I can put a lot in to, I intend to have him think out loud a lot which should make many engagement opportunities with characters.
About me: My favourite thing to do in RP is engage with others and find good writing partners where we can prompt the best of each other. I like to bounce of others and try to put something out there for others to bounce off. After that it's all about the roleplay, considering my characters position in any given situation and playing his strengths and weaknesses. The social aspect is essential, the exploration always intriguing and rewarding when it pays off, and if I can survive an encounter with all fingers and toes attached it's a punch the air moment (and if it's a bad roll, well, death scenes can be a glorious writing opportunity, but general failures are often more interesting than successes.) D&D is a total package and when all the stars aligns, there's nothing better. I intend to do my part.

OOC Name: Carver
OOC Pronouns: He
Please Avoid: -

Anything else: I know I'm in the twilight hours of applying but if there's anything I can do to strengthen my character for your game, let me know as I'm very interested to join.
Old 10-10-2020, 10:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3905
Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi Trmmilwwi
Best of luck to all the applicants, this promises to be a great campaign! Excited to find out if Trail will be part of Ten Towns for sure!!
Old 10-10-2020, 12:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 132
stucanje stucanje
Applications are now closed! I agonized for several hours because I didn't know whether I should leave it open for one more day because I did not specify, but there are more than enough applications.

After some thought, I will be running two groups. So many good applications! I will PM the chosen members in several hours — I still have some thinking and setting up to do. I anticipate we will officially start on the 12th or 13th, giving enough time to complete character sheets and whatnot.

Thanks again to all who have applied!

A PM has been sent to the selected players.

Last edited by stucanje; 10-10-2020 at 04:40 PM.
Old 10-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 539
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Application Status: WIP
Name: Firwise Hornwolf
Race: Firbolg
Background: Acolyte
Class: Druid of Dreams

Character Elevator Pitch: An herbalist and a doctor for a barbarian tribe. The darkness is negatively affecting his gardens and his ability to treat his people.

Character Appearance: Firwise is a tall, broad shouldered man who is stoic in the face. He has a rich pinkish color to his skin, and deep colored dark red hair piled on his hair in a top know that covers his elbows when freed. His great beard serves to make him resemble a nearly 8 foot tall dwarf.

Character Backstory: Firwise isn't very old, but he is wise, as his name may suggest. His early life was spent alone and traveling. He discovered a small tribe of humans living at the base of a frigid hill, the Hornwolf tribe. They were enchanted by his dominating appearance, and though he disliked their violent ways he enjoyed the feeling he got when he was able to patch them up. He doesn't want to control the tribe just to protect them. The quest he finds himself embarking upon is even focused on protecting his violent, warmonger wards.

Character Secret(s):

Ten Towns: Firwise is in the area because his tribe is giving in to superstition, they're working out how to lift the curse on the region. They're leaning into a violent solution. Firwise has set out in order to find more herbs and supplement his dying garden, as well as peacefully find a lead as to the cure of this ailment.

Why I want to play this character: Despite guidelines, I'm quite fond of druids. I want to play a character who appears formidable and may actually be, but is much more a caring father who keeps an eye on his children.

About me: My mind races, whenever presented with a task, or a problem I have at least one solution before the full problem is explained and two or three more soon after. My writing style is a love letter to the comma, frankly I use them too often. I'm wordy, and like using my full lexicon. Lastly I am intrinsically tied to D&D I started playing at age 4 in 1988, and I love the old artwork. The thing that made me want to play was the githyanki on the cover of the original Fiend Folio. I learned reading, writing, and math using 2nd edition. Lastly, when I make a character for a game you can trust that it is a fresh creation from my brain. I may recycle some elements that scratch an itch and fits the character, but I hate repeating myself so make new characters for each application.

OOC Name: Nik
OOC Pronouns: he/him
Please Avoid: I'm pretty open to exploring anything. I'm more likely to find a topic boring than problematic.

Anything else:
Old 10-10-2020, 11:03 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I didn't notice this had closed. Still interested lol
Old 10-11-2020, 04:37 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 738
cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina cappucina
Congrats all. Keep my androgynous looking paladin in mind for replacement?
Old 10-11-2020, 06:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 132
stucanje stucanje
Yep, for sure! The applications that did not get in are first in line for replacements, including your app, Nikolas.
Old 10-12-2020, 03:54 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, I'll finish when I get home then.