Shadowrun Shadowrun 5e: Deja Vu in Seattle - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-05-2020, 04:52 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 87
Keeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyfox View Post
Keeper> If I do end up applying, I could our characters being friends of some sort. Fortunately I have another few days to decide!
Sure!
Old 10-05-2020, 05:42 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Character Name: Doctor Pech "Tötlich" Mir
Metatype: Elf
Intended Role: Medical Doctor and Decker
Physical Description: A tall, dark and brooding elf who adopts the aesthetic of a fifth world Plague doctor, both at work and in his personal life

Background: Doctor Pech Mir is a fantastic doctor. He's surgical skills are great, he has fine first aid skills, and is well versed in biofeedback and diagnoses from Matrix damage and actions. He's everything you want in a doctor and yet he runs a clinic out of the Redmond Barrens. Mir used to be a well respected doctor working in downtown Seattle and had a thriving practice that he managed and his skills were in high demand. Unforunately his ego and greed got the better of him. His ego caused his first fall. Mir was approached by an orc family to implant cybereyes into their child. It was a relatively routine procedure as far as such things are but the complication was that the child was far too young for the cybereyes the parents had. No other doctor would touch the case both due to the age of the patient and in some cases just general dislike of orcs. But Doctor Mir decided he would, the bigots and other doctors be damned. The procedure went fine right up until the mid point, its not quite known what happened exactly. Did the cybereyes malfunction? Did Doctor Mir make a mistake in the prep? Was the child simply too young to have cybernetics? Either way, the child went into shock and passed on soon after. The parents were distraught and Doctor Mir was forced to close his clinic for a short while because of the backlash. Desperate for money and out of options, a distraught Mir lashed out at his peers through the Matrix. It didn't take long for them to figure out who was attacking them, in his haste and rage Mir didn't cover his tracks in the slightest. His reputation in ruins, his licenses revoked and his clinic sold off. Mir hit rock bottom

After that series of failures no clinic would hire him. He was a professional praiah. Cast out, and exilied from the medical community, Doctor Pech Mir found himself in the Redmond Barrens squatting. While scavanging for food and trying to avoid go-gangers, he came across a wounded ork bleeding out on the street. Taking pity on him, the Doc patched him up and got to talking with him. He introduced himself and Gunther, he was a local bartender, one of his customers had literally cut and run on him. He was thanfully for the help and offered to put Mir up for the night. From then on, Mir was Gunther's on staff doc at the bar. After the fights, he'd patch people up and Gunther would nickel and dime them the cost of the supplies, with a 25% increase in price of course. After a while Mir made, both with Gunther and through running the shadows, enough to buy himself a small area with which to start an actual practice form. He started wearing a plague doctors mask and outfit, both as a precaution to being recognised and as somewhat of a brand recognition. He also went by the name Doc Tötlich, to further obfuscate his past and to help drum up customers, after all Doc Tötlich - The Plague Doctor is more of a memorable sight than just an elf doctor. It wasn't the best set up, hell it probably wasn't even a legal set up, but it was a small start to making amends.

Questionnaire:
- How familiar are you with the Shadowrun setting and the 5e rule set? Pretty familiar but not across it 100%, however I do run my own SR5 game
- Are you willing to use and be active in a private Discord server to discuss the game? I have no qualms what so ever about using discord and rather enjoy plotting and theorycrafting about and in games
- How often do you think you'll be able to post? twice to three times a week, of course if push comes to shove I can do more if nessacary, although I can be available practically daily on the discord server

Last edited by Preacherwolf; 10-08-2020 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Complete change in character submission
Old 10-05-2020, 07:19 PM
Duke of Chanwood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1823
Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor Andor
Application
left-aligned image
Runner Name: Smoke
Metatype: Elf
Intended Role: Face/Hermetic Mage
Appearance: A dark-skinned elf with a dreadlock mohawk and a disarming smile. He dresses sharply, even on a budget, and makes sure he presents well in any situation, even when the drek is sliding off the fan blades. He doesn't overstate himself if he can help it, so no obvious chrome or overbearing weaponry, but definitely a confident air about him.
Background: Smoke grew up in the Puyallup Barrens, which he will proudly declare...though he usually leaves out the fact that he's actually from Tarislar, the "nice" part of Puyallup. Still, the warm, soft part of a turd still stinks, and Smoke grew up with some of the roughest crowds in Seattle. Since most of them were bigger and/or stronger than he was, he quickly learned to rely on charm and intelligence to survive, running street cons and numbers games as a kid. When he Awakened, he was able to take more of an active role in the community, though he maintained his philosophy of brains over brawn. He made a lot of friends among the gang community of Puyallup by acting as mediator in turf war negotiations, and his quasi-celebrity status gave him a yearning for more than the simple (and usually-fatal) gang life. His poor education, criminal record, and disreputable background disqualified him for most high-paying jobs beyond shadowrunning and politics, and Smoke did have some standards. Through his connections, he was able to make some contacts in the shadow world.

Questionnaire:
How familiar are you with the Shadowrun setting and the 5e rule set? Played the original game years ago, somewhat familiar with 5e.
Are you willing to use and be active in a private Discord server to discuss the game? Absolutely.
How often do you think you'll be able to post? Probably once/day at least.

Luinil Alqualond - Wood Elf Ranger, Desert of Desolation
Berilac "Berry" Fairbairn - Halfling Ranger, Priestess
Morgran Ungart - Mountain Dwarf Fighter, Dungeon Dive

Last edited by Andor; 10-05-2020 at 07:20 PM.
Old 10-09-2020, 03:06 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17094
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Quote:
Originally Posted by orichulum View Post
@AwesomeEli: Both COBOLd and Sable are young elves and it seems like they'd be familiar with each other. would you be interested in them being friends growing up should we both get approval?
While it wasn't up at the time, COBOLd isn't from Seattle, and she's not one to put stock in metatype. However, in the year she's been in Seattle, they definitely could have met, either both on the job or in a less formal setting.
Old 10-11-2020, 01:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 632
SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta SinnerBeta
I have to withdraw for now, will still write something up next week in case you have a second wave of recruitment. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:05 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Belfar Belfar
Last call for characters if anyone is interested! I'll start going through applications tomorrow, so you have a few hours at least to get something in if you haven't done so already.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2320
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I think my application is finished. I'm sorry to give such a vague answer to the Discord question...I honestly don't know how to use the application. I will download it, but can you send instructions as to how to set it up and sign into the game?
Edit: I managed to download and register, but I don't know how to sign into a game.

Last edited by Ericg1s; 10-11-2020 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:59 AM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17094
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Belfar would give a link that you would select which would send you to his discord chat server From there, you would be able to talk or whatnot as the server is set up.
Old 10-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2607
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
I feel my character is done as well. Best of luck everyone!

Last edited by mjb; 10-11-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 05:46 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Yeah, despite changing him half a dozen times in the last couple of days. I'm good with my guy, best of luck everyone and remember: Geek The Mage First
Old 10-11-2020, 06:43 PM
Dapper Jelly

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5511
Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H Code H
Good luck everybody!
Old 10-11-2020, 06:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum
Oi chummers, good luck and shoot straight!
Old 10-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Belfar Belfar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericg1s View Post
I think my application is finished. I'm sorry to give such a vague answer to the Discord question...I honestly don't know how to use the application. I will download it, but can you send instructions as to how to set it up and sign into the game?
Edit: I managed to download and register, but I don't know how to sign into a game.
Discord is just a chat client, so I'll have to set up a server using it so we can have effectively have a private chat room. The game will be taking place here, but being able to instantaneously chat about OOC issues helps immensely. Anyways, I'm back at work this week but I'll work my way through the applications over the next day or two and keep those I select in informed. I'll also update the first post to reflect who's in and probably a list of alternatives as well.

Last edited by Belfar; 10-12-2020 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-13-2020, 06:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1729
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
I just found my way back to the crossing after a long absence with medical. Wondering if there is still time to make a character or is this group pretty much full?
Old 10-15-2020, 06:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Belfar Belfar
I haven't made any decisions yet. I've just been slammed with work so haven't had as much time to review things as I would have liked. If you can get it in within the next day or two, I'll consider it.