Old 10-09-2020, 06:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7309
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Cidílihn
left-aligned image
CidílihnĎs eyes welled up with tears but the tears immediately turned to stars, making his vision bright and far-seeing as the spirit of the Astral Dragon embraced him. It was only now that he understood, now that he remembered the truth.

Sathrensau, the Astral Dragon, protector of Gaia, guardian of the stars. He has called and I have answered. I stood before him once more, different than I am now, bearing another name, older, much older, having experienced great joys and great sorrows. I wanted to help, I told him, I begged to be allowed to. And he accepted and brought me here. I was reborn before I was actually born the first time, for souls are eternal and not subject to the ravages of time. My past is my future or rather a version of it. I am here to help for that was my heartĎs greatest desire.

"I rememberÖ", said the druid, his voice barely a whisper. "I remember", he repeated louder, more confidently. "You dressed my soul in stars, lord Sathrensau, and dropped me like a seed to this world. I sprouted and am nowÖ Cidílihn, tiny part of the World Tree, a would-be defender of Gaia, though I feel unfit for such a great task."

Cidílihn stayed silent for many long moments, his mind trying to make sense of all he had discovered. In the end his mind couldnít grasp the truth in its entirety, but it didnít really matter. In his heart he knew that he was where he was supposed to and that was enough.

"Tell me, O Astral Dragon, how can I best serve? My own abilities are minor, but the power I represent is great beyond imagination. I will do my utmost to restore the balance to the world. I am a dreamer and a healer and this is my calling, this is the reason I exist, now and always. Guide me, O Keeper, so that my life will have meaning and my actions purpose. Lead me to my fate."
Old 10-09-2020, 04:23 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 525
Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem Aoem
WayShrine Cavern
" Ahh Cidílihn, your actions and purpose are your own, you will decide how to act according to how you have determined your own fate. I know that you care for the fey realm, and so do i. This is why i will send you to the border lands of the reinfleur river. The Court of the Summer has tasked you with diplomacy, so that linkage sites between the two planes would stop being destroyed.

As for the dark rifts, I know not what is behind these happenings, but i will try my best to contact you when i discover more. Simply, see to protecting and guarding the beloved sites. Help the Centaurin to resist the destruction at the Gothicís hand."

Old 10-09-2020, 05:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cidílihn
left-aligned image
Cidílihn smiled and then bowed before the monolith. "I will gladly go to the lands you speak of, Lord Sathrensau. LetĎs hope that common sense will prevail and the destruction will cease. Will I be alone or are there others like me, born before their time?"

Suddenly a thought seemed to cross the Eladrinís mind and his face darkened. "Astral Dragon, what about Flaustine and Marquis? I cannot leave without bidding them farewell. Is there some way to contact them, let them know I am all right? They must be terribly worried."
Old 10-09-2020, 06:48 PM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
Eons & Ages
"Worry not Cid'lihn, it would seem to Marquis and Flaustine as though you had walked through the rooted archway for a mere moment, and then returned. If you so choose, you could slip back into the fold of that dimension in seamless step with where you left off."

SathrenSau, smiled back at Cid'lihn and his throat began to hum with a deep resonance. The dragons belly began to rumble with a primordial laughter. There before him, Cid'lihn saw the etheric form of the astral dragon reach out from the megalith, spread his mighty wings and wrap Cid'lihn in his starry embrace.
"You are not alone Cid'lihn the Dreamer. Remember that we are always with you."

The lines around Cid'lihn and the dragon began to glow luminously, Sathrensau's runic serpentine body began emanating a deep booming vibration that sounded from his very core.
" Through the eons and ages, through eons and ages, through eons and ages." Cid'lihn heard SathrenSau's chant reverberate powerfully within the old cavern. The Dragons cosmic body sheltered Cid'lihn in a ghosty cool touch, as if being embraced by wings of cooling mists.

Then, they both began to become very small, Cid'lihn felt his astral form suck through tiny black holes between all sources of light within him self.
" Through eons and ages, through eons and ages, through eons and ages!" The primordial rumble of SathrenSau's voice echoed within the void.

Inside a carved stone cavern beneath the roots of a rosewood tree, an old carved megalith stood solidly in the center.

Around it, the lines of a small labyrinth were carved in the old stone floor.

The megalith's body began to glow with amazing runic lines, that became alight and began to move.

Suddenly a pair of etheric wings appeared on either side of the great standing stone.

A slender boy who wore a forest green tunic appeared gracefully from beneath the dragons wings when they lifted and disappeared.

Last edited by Aoem; 10-10-2020 at 01:13 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 04:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cidílihn
left-aligned image
Where Cidílihnís first journey through space and time had been wild and wonderful at the same time, now the Eladrin sensed the will of the Astral Dragon purposefully and unerringly direct him towards his destination. He no longer felt afraid, but safe in the KeeperĎs embrace, certain that nothing could go wrong as long as the Keeper guided him. After only moments the young druid found himself facing a very similar monolith at the center of a very similar labyrinth inside a very similar cave as the one he had been before. Similar but not identical. The differences were minor, but they were there: a few glyphs he had never seen before, patches of moss that were new, stalactites at different places.

Cidílihn smiled and bowed at the monolith. "Thank you, Lord Sathrensau. I will not let you down." The Eladrin retraced his steps, this time resorting to no tricks in order to fool the labyrinth. He now knew its purpose and that he was in no danger inside the cave. Quite the contrary, for the presence watching over him was mighty indeed. He used his hand to touch the grooves in the ground and the hard surface of the rock, the soft moss and the crisp dust that stuck to his hand. Every little sensation brought a smile to his lips. Even a cave could be beautiful, for it too was a part of nature. Climbing the rocky staircase, the druid finally reached the portal, which seemed exactly the same as the one he had entered underneath the trees of the rosewood tree.

Flaustine, Marquis, I hope you are doing well. Fear not, I will contact you as soon as I can. His last thoughts on his friends, the Eladrin took a deep breath and crossed the portal. His true adventure began now!
Old 10-16-2020, 01:17 AM
Chaotic Good Mindflayer

Tools
User Statistics
The Border Lands
Out of the cavern under the Rosewood tree and through a shadowed archway did the Eladrin stride. Onward, to the call of Shalashmakkar his feet carried him swiftly to the mission of his heart. There through the veiled roots of the gateway to the megaliths chamber, Cid'lihn emerged to a cool crisp wind within an autumn deciduous forest. The hooting of an owl sounded nearby, overhead the druid could tell by the blackness of the sky that it was nearly a new moon. Far off in the distance, Cid'lihn could hear the reverberations of some kind of horn and drum. The druid could feel a warming wind that blew upon his face from the south, this wind moved through the trees and brought with it lush scents of tropical aromas and the thick humidity of a temperate jungle.
As Cid'lihn stood within the colored grove of maple trees, he could see signs and tracks of hoof prints within the grove. Additionally he found evidence of felled trees that were uncerimoniously chopped and discarded to make way for a wagon trail that tore through the old forest toward the south, from which was the direction that Cid’lihn heard the bizarre drumming and sound of the horn. This horn perked the druids senses as one that sounded very 'fey'.

Last edited by Aoem; 10-23-2020 at 04:19 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 03:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Cidílihn
left-aligned image
Cidílihn must have been getting used to traveling through the Astral Dragonís portals, for this time the journey through eons and ages didnít seem that long or chaotic. The Eladrin merely concentrated on his destination and within moments found himself in fabled Shalashmakkar. Among thousands of fallen leaves of all possible shapes and surrounded by yellows, oranges, reds and browns, the druid closed his eyes and inhaled the crisp autumn air. Slowly opening his eyes once more, he let them get accustomed to the darkness of a night sky lit mainly by myriads of stars. Such beautyÖ, marveled the Eladrin, It almost brings tears to my eyes.

An owl flew high above him and greeted him with its characteristic howl, making Cidílihn wonder if it could have been the very same owl that had urged him to look beneath the rosewood tree. It was unlikely, but then again, stranger things had happened.

The sounds of horns and drums drew his attention away from the bird, seemingly giving life to the night. Their sound seemed familiar to the Eladrin, bringing forth memories he still hadnít made.

A celebration in a grove of mighty oaks, his people along with centaurs, satyrs and other fey creatures giving thanks for natureĎs bounty. Nectar and honeyed wine filled horns and cups and there were all kinds of different fruit, juicy and aromatic. A nymph danced with a pair of satyrs, an Eladrin girl tried to imitate a trio of playful fairies, a browny dived into a large bowl of soup, his motherĎs hand fondly touched his long hairÖ

Cidílihn blinked. Such memories, empty and hazy though they were, were precious to him, because they were the remains of another life, a happy one. The Eladrin smiled. No one said this life could not be happy as well. Hadnít he formed deep friendships already? Flaustine and Marquis probably still waited for him before the majestic rosewood tree, looking at the same stars he was. Perhaps he could contact them somehow. The fey were masters of the dream world, perhaps they would help him talk to his friends through a dream, let them know he was all right and following his destiny.

"Great owl, if you hear me, please contact my friends on my behalf. I would hate for them to worry that something has befallen me."

The sound of horns and drums drowned his soft words, but Cidílihn knew that if the owl was truly the one that had spoken to him before, she would know what to do anyway. Removing his boots, Cidílihn let his feet feel the soft carpet of fallen leaves. Such little pleasures were the ones that made life worthwhile. With one last look at the portal, Cidílihn followed the sounds that seemed to call out to him. Whether the drums were those of war or celebrating the bounty of peace, the elf did not know, but hoped to soon find out.