DnD5e Storm Hollow: An Amazing Adventure - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-14-2017, 05:08 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 281
Valornor Valornor Valornor
Hey Arthilian01, how are you doing! You must be a glutten for punishment!!!

Name: Tanner Nordström
Ethnicity: 3rd generation Swedish on fatherside, 6th generation Welsh-Irish on his mother's side.
Class: Ranger/Human/Outlander
Personality: Let's his actions speak for themselves
Description: Before:

At the age of 17, Tanner is dark brown haired and green eyed. He stands 5'11", with a athletic build. His wardrobe is mostly flannel shirts and camo, with hoodies and jeans. wearing either sneakers or hiking boots.

After:

Tanner stands 5'11",with a athletic build. His somewhat handsome face has blue eyes, whom looks at the world with a determined stare. His dark brown colored hair is a little longer then he usually wears it. He is dressed in finely tanned deerskin clothing and light boots(moccasins). With a green woolen hooded cloak. With Longbow hand and a quiver of arrows along with his backpack over his shoulder. Belted at his waist is a plain but serviceable battleaxe in it's scabbard that hangs from his belt. Along with a large sheathed hunting knife. A circular shield is strapped across his backpack. To be used with his battle axe in hand to hand combat. That is if any foe still living can get close enough to do so!

History: Your life before. Tanner's family (Mom, Dad, twin older brothers by a years and a baby sister by two years) are outdoorsy types. Who do a lot of camping, off road motorbiking and ATVing. As well as fishing and hunting with both bow and firearms. He got his first buck, a three pointer, three autumns before, with a compound bow. The one he got this last autumn was a six pointer. He plays football and competes in track & field at school. He read his mother's favorite book, 'The Hobbit at age 8, at her urging. Followed a few years later by the Lotr trilogy. As she is a bit of a Tolkien geek, especially, anything concerning Dúnedain lore and such. During the winter month, when he has time for doing such. He enjoys playing D&D with some of the neighborhood kids.

RP Sample: Your first moments in Storm Hollow.
It had been the last day of school before Christmas vacation. Tanner got dropped off by a friend at the back of the fairly new subdivison. Where the entrance to the half mile long gravel road that lead to his house was. Snow was falling lightly, with just a dusting of it on the ground. So his friend's parents told him unless he wanted to pay for his own insurance. He had to stay off their gravel road. Tanner's own used Subaru Brat was on the fritz. His Dad said he would help him work on it that weekend. With his twin older brothers were at basketball practice and his mother had taken his little sister to a dental appointment after school. This was the best he could do to get home. Some of the kids he knew that lived in the subdivision. Wanted him to play in some epic marathon D&D sessions they had planned during the days between now and New Year's Day. As he just broke up with his girlfriend recently. He really didn't have anything else to do. So he probably would, even though he had played any since last holiday season

He had made it about half up the gravel road. When out of the snowy sky he saw a funnel cloud quickly descend right on top of him. Causing the wind to swirl all around him. Whipping his clothes and causing his backpack that had only been looped over one shoulder to flying away. Tanner had been suddenly enveloped in a tornado. His vision blurs and everything turns cool and weightless as you fade from consciousness.

When his vision and head clears he found himself sitting or lying in a grassy field. To the west and north in the side of a huge black mountain ridge you can see a majestic and likely huge walled city with a tall castle. Nearer and to the east beyond a river you can see a less fabulous castle with red rooftops and two towers on this side. To the south you can see the river leads down to huge floating boulders of white stone.

As you look down at yourself you find you are dressed oddly, not in your normal clothes but in clothes like those worn by people in the Lord of the Rings movies. As he stood up, he noticed a pile of something laying underneath what looked to be a spread forest green hooded cloak. Picking up the hooded cloak, he saw under it. A unstrung longbow and a quiver of arrows. A weapons belt with a head sheathed battle axe and a sheathed hunting knife on it. Along with a brace of belt pouches. Beneath that was a stuffed backpack that had a bedroll, a bundle of rope and A circular shield attached to it. Lastly there was a full waterskin with a attached shoulder strap.

All of which created more questions, rather then providing any answers. He guessed that was what he got for falling asleep last night. Watching the first part of 'The Two Towers' playing on the TV on TBS. Where Aragorn, Legolas and Gimli are chasing after the Uruk-hai that have abducted Merry and Pippin. Though he had fallen asleep watch one of the Lord of the Rings or The Hobbit's movies. An nothing like this had ever happen before!

Last edited by Valornor; 04-15-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:55 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6374
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Thank you all for your applications.
--Fromthe1980's: Good app, I hit puberty pretty young but dang, I feel sorry for Ben Staley. Good app.

--Stormhammer: Good start, no evil alignments please, You are supposed to be heroes or anti-heroes. Hope this doesn't ruin your character concept. I look forward to seeing the rest of your app.

--DrSabek: Good start but I am going to have to limit you a little. Your character can't physically change. Your strength can be magically enhanced via the transfer into a new dimension but your character's body can't physically change. The description was clothing-wise, Heck, your hairstyle can change, but that's as far as I go. I guess I should have been more specific.

--Valornor: I stated in my main ad, despite a very good app, I love to see this much effort put into it and I hate to ask you to change it but Human is the only racial option. I am allowing Human and variant Human since no physical change can be undertaken.

--For all: Variant Human and Human are the only racial options, I hope this doesn't turn anyone away.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 04-14-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 281
Valornor Valornor Valornor
The fantasy world PC is basically the same person at the real world PC. I thought it was only mentally that way. New plan, going 3 years older.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2111
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Updated my original post on the first page with my application.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:02 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Excellent applications, Silver and Valornor. Thank you for the modifications, Val.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:19 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1414
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Interested, though id like more information on the "Quick Build Background"
does this limit customization, are there sample builds for classes that we must adhere to?
Old 04-15-2017, 10:24 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Well, as you characters don't have any history in the land of Storm Hollows, You will have 'instincts' from what might have been your character's history in this land.
If you read through the class descriptions in the core book, it walks you through how to 'quick build' a default character of that class, complete with a background.
Example:
--You can make a barbarian quickly by following these
suggestions. First, put your highest ability score in
Strength, followed by Constitution. Second, choose the
outlander background.

--You can make a bard quickly by
following these suggestions. First,
Charisma should be your highest
ability score, followed by Dexterity.
Second, choose the entertainer
background. Third, choose the dancing lights and
vicious mockery cantrips, along with the following
1st-level spells: charm person, detect magic, healing
word, and thunderwave.

All I'm requiring is that you choose the background per your class, Everything else you can choose. Due to this limitation, Your won't have to choose personality traits, ideals, bonds, or flaws but you can use that to match up to your character's personality while they were in the 'Modern day, real life'

Last edited by Arthilian01; 04-15-2017 at 10:34 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7232
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Application:
Name: Johnny Whitefeather
Ethnicity:Native American - Cherokee
Class:. Druid
Personality: Johnny is a very spiritual kid for a 16 year old. Spiritual in the sense that he is very connected to the land and nature. He always had a connection of all living creatures and notes their importance to the environment and ecosystem. He was taught by his father and other tribal elders to live off the land and that you only kill what is necessary and for survival. He is fast, an excellent runner and outstanding tracker.
Description:

Before: Johnny has an athletic build, thin and wirey. He was a track star at the local high school (go Wildcats!) in Chandler, AZ. Black shoulder length hair, black eyes with a strong chin.

After:
Still remnant of his normal features but is dressed in native leather pants, leggings and boots. Large ceremonial knife sticks out of a sheath worn behind him. He now has several tattoos that are now present that weren't there before. His hair has grown at least a foot and now pulls it back into a pony tail.

History:
Johnny Whitefeather was born in the Cherokee reservation in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. He grew up there until he was about 12 years of age. He learned all the old ways of the native americans from his grandfather, Geronimo. He learned to live off the land and commune with the animal spirit totems. He had a knack for it and his grandfather had high hopes of him becoming a shaman later in life. His parents separated because they didn't believe in divorce, taking residence in Chandler, AZ. He adjusted as best he could but his heritage and affinity to nature, made him quite the loner. He did bond with some of his peers by joining the track team where he anchored in the 400 meter relay. Some of his teammates call him "Lightning".

RP Sample: Smells of fresh grass. Birds chirping. Warmth of the sun on his skin. Johnny stands up and notices he is bare chested. His body now sports an interesting tatoo on the right side of his abdomen. It reminds him of a spiritual totem of some sort. He is in leather breeches and leggings. His father discussed with him the power of such things but he wouldn't get one until he took the trial of manhood, a rich tradition in his culture and would be taking it with his tribe led by his grandfather.

He is no longer in Arizona. He looks about at this strange land and crouches. He touches the ground. Definitely not in an area he recognizes. The spirits he is used to communing with are no longer available. Strange voices, feelings abound. It's almost as if the rituals he has grown up with may come in handy, but who knows what spirits would answer. Should he try, should he try. Checking himself, he finds a backpack nearby. A large, strange ceremonial knife, in an elaborate sheath is at his back.

Well wherever he is, he has equipment and a weapon. He can at least survive until he finds out what the heck is going on..

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 04-16-2017 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:47 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome ShinobiMaster123, Looking forward to your application.
Old 04-15-2017, 12:59 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4161
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
Name: Daniel Kaid "DK"
Ethnicity: German and Welsh
Class:Sorcerer
Personality: Charming, outgoing, secretive
Description: Before: Daniel was about 5 foot 9 inches tall. His frame was slim with some tone to it. He wasn't athletic by any means but did enough to keep up his physique mainly to impress the ladies. He had blue eyes and medium length unruly blonde hair that he wore pushed slight to the side.

After:After awakening DK was dressed in strange black and white robes with ornate designs and writing.

History: Daniel's high school life was nothing exceptional or traumatizing. His good looks and quick wit gave him his fair share of popularity within certain crowds. He was planning on being an archeologist or a historian. He loved ancient things and mythology. Daniel had an interest in the occult and some of the jewelry he wore represented that. However he was quick to just dismiss the jewelry as something he liked and it had no meaning. It was a secret passion of his to indulge in all things paranormal. Despite the attention he received it seemed as if he never really "hung out" with any group for a length of time. He would always flit in and out of different social circles as his whims dictated.

His home life was ordinary. He had an overbearing mother who would have killed him if she knew he was reading the books he had gathered on the occult. His father was an accountant who kept to himself a lot and his brother was still grade school just about to graduate.

RP Sample: Your first moments in Storm Hollow

As Daniel opened his eyes he was greeted by the thick blurry fog of his eyes adjusting to his regaining consciousness. As his vision cleared and since his head was already tilted down his hands were the first thing to come in to view. The t-shirt he was wearing had now been replaced by something longer.

He grabbed his head. He was in a seated position his back resting up against a solid surface. What happened? he took another look at his arms and the long flowing robe he was now wearing. Don't tell me this is a senior prank...did they slip something in my drink....C'mon think what happened...

Earlier that day..
The breeze felt good as Daniel exited through the large metal doors of the school. He had a few hours before he had to be home so he made his way to the park where he would sit and read his books in solitude. Before that he had to pass through the main street of town and it always carried the risk of running into someone who would steal away some of his reading time and today was just that day.

As he passed the drug store he heard a female voice call out. A girl barely over five feet waved from across the street. She was standing with two other girls. Judging from the uniform they didn't go to his school and he really didn't remember who she was so he lifted his hand giving a small wave and hi. Hoping that would be the end of it he continued on his way. The girl took it as an invitation to come over and ran across the street with her friends.

Damn..can't be helped. I don't want to just brush her off. The four engaged in small talk for a bit before eventually heading to a café. During their conversation he anxiously stirred his coffee. If it were any other day but today it was really the only day of the week he didn't have to be home early without checking in. It was the perfect day to read. He tried to at home but his nosy brother had a habit of popping up when he least expected and he didn't feel like getting grounded. Why does she have to be like that...his mother found a few of his books once and threw them out. She called them silly and told him he was wasting his time. Luckily they were just some ghost hunting and alien books. If she found some of the grimoires he had she would probably have flipped out completely. Some were expensive and he couldn't risk her throwing them out. It's not like I expect them to work.. I just like reading about them.. he almost verbally blurted out his last thoughts but caught himself the last second.

Daniel had no clue what the conversation was about. It was a shame if it were tomorrow he would give them all the attention they wanted. Finally, they had to leave and they exchanged numbers. He was free but now he only had a couple of hours to get the park, read and get home. While he sat reading at the park the number of people around was quite low. It was unusual for this time of day. As he got lost in the pages he heard a thunderous roar of wind and then nothing..

The Present
Daniel stood up dusting himself off still unaware of his new surroundings. They are gonna pay for this... could be worse I guess. Maybe took a few pics or something to float them around..wait are they going to spread rumors I like to cast spells in the park after school... Gah!.. Alright well best get home first then plot my next move. For the first time his eyes looked out to the horizon.

What the.....um he spun his head around to both sides. The whole area was different. It wasn't even a different part of town. Judging by what he saw in the distance it looked like something out of a fantasy novel. Where am I? he pinched himself and sure enough it hurt. Ok, new clothes and waking up in a strange place...yeah.. I know what it looks like... but really?

He stayed quiet thinking about his current situation as he sat beneath a tree staring into the distance. Once he was composed enough he got up. No point in sitting around. Maybe I can find someone who can tell me where I am.

Last edited by Anael; 04-16-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:07 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Your character's body cannot physically change, You are the same person just in different clothes.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:16 PM
Senile Old Coot Returns!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4161
Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael Anael
No problem. I misread the after description. The change in hair comment threw me off a little.

Last edited by Anael; 04-15-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 01:46 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Crixus
Sounds like a fairly awesome time and I am so in.

Name
Cullen Connely
Ethnicity
White, 4th Generation Irish
Class
Path of the Storm Herald Barbarian if Unearthed Arcana is allowed, Battle Master Fighter if not.
Personality
Hard nosed and cynical, especially for an 18 year old. A history of abuse has left him unwilling to trust others at face value, but truly treasure those who prove themselves loyal.
Description
A little shorter than most other kids his age, with rust colored hair, and wiry muscles. Cullen only had hand-me downs and donated clothes, most often ragged jeans and t-shirts with out of date internet memes. The worst of it was his sister's pink winter jacket that he's had to wear for three years of shame.
Which is nothing compared to his new clothes. The armor is heavily scratched and seems perpetually grimy, complete with a plated leather skirt instead of leggings. Over it is a white tunic with torn sleeves. Fortunately, his new, tall, and heavily muscular body seems to fill everything out just fine.
History
The 8th Street Connelys have been poor since they first got off the boat and haven't left the same New York street in over a hundred years. He was raised by his mom after his dead was killed over gambling debts and had to share a three bedroom apartment with four sisters. Though he loves his family, growing up in an all female home made him a popular target for bullying and he became something of a thug to cope with it. Of course this only helped alienate the people who cared about him, which made him lash out more, continuing the same horrible circle that's been claiming teenagers since mankind evolved puberty.
Like a lot of kids, Cullen found comfort in books, the only safe entertainment you don't have to pay for. It's been a lonely experience so far, as his attempts to hang out with other nerds became awkward whenever they talked about games or tv, two things his family has never been able to afford. He did manage to befriend his sisters, even Eva an aspiring Irish punk rock singer with a rather extreme tempermant.
RP Sample:
Cullen drank from the river, drawing out large cups of water with his now massive hands. He didn't seem much older, growing out rather than up. As the wind gusted by he realized his hair was now long and tied back into ponytail, which was currently tickling the back of his neck. Spying a nearby rock, Cullen sat down and considered his situation. He examined the horned helmet he'd been wearing when he came to. It was simple iron, but fit well enough and didn't seem to have any markings. With a shrug, he slipped it back on. With any luck it would hide his complete confusion from any violent locals.

Old 04-15-2017, 02:00 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
no problem
Old 04-15-2017, 06:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2816
LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara
Interested.

Gwen Taylor
left-aligned image
Where?
Class Prospect: Cleric
Personality: Quietly Determined - Resourceful - Will only fight if cornered - Old soul - loner - not accustomed to kindness from those of her own age group.
Appearance: As depicted - probably wouldn't change much; except prior perhaps more common era rags to current appropriate clothing, a bit above beggar, perhaps simple traveler attire.

From up a deep holler in the great, Appalachian mountains, a child not unlike many, came from the poverty stricken areas that were once booming coal towns, turned poverty stricken ghost towns when the coal ran out. In Webster there were few homes with electric or running water to speak of, however they had access to public schools as was mandated by the states. Fortunately, these were the only sanctuaries of the impoverished children of the areas. They endured long bus rides and much ridicule from children who came from the more populated cities nearby that were blessed with the everyday luxuries of more available jobs, utilities, food, and proper parenting.
Homelife-FamilyGwen Taylor’s home was little more than four boards, ‘wall’s, haphazardly nailed together around a hardpacked dirt floor, scrap metal roofing. Tattered hand sewn curtains for walls inside, an old woodstove the greatest furnishing. As it provided heat, a place to cook, and the occasional warm washing. Water was always carried from the creek, that was at least sanitary as it ran down from high off the mountain. Blankets were a luxury they could not afford unless they pulled down the occasional wall, but they were so tattered and old they provided little comfort. Animals however, seemed plentiful, well at least stray dogs. Nights piled in a corner with them were often the only provided warmth when wood became sparse for the stove.

Father a not so productive moonshiner that drank more than he sold, Mother had punched out years ago, did little more than sit in an ol rocker and hum on good days. She did what she could to keep up a small garden, and can some foodstuff. But she more or less went through her days in a trance like state. After years of abuse she’d learned to just ‘do’ rather than be.

Gwen‘s two older siblings were in jail and her one younger brother had taken to being just like his father and was on his heels most of the time, learning how to be less and less of a real man daily.
School LifeGwen’s one salvation ‘school’. Due to her raggedy clothing and stench that often followed her regardless of how much she bathed in the creek and rubbed the nearby flowers on her rags, the stench seemed to prevail. She was either invisible to most or the target of cruelty by others. She did her best to avoid them but it was difficult when pinned in that building for all those hours of the day. However, there were hot meals there, heat, and some teachers that understood her plight. Even though they had involved social services on countless occasions. Such as the times she came with bruises or broken bones, each time the overloaded case workers could do little as no one would speak out directly in the household out of fear.
There was one particular counselor that had taken a special interest in her during her Junior year. With her home life so miserable Gwen turned to her studies for escape. She excelled in all her classes without assistance from home. Having been forced to tend to all wounds and sickness via natural remedies and self ‘doctoring’. Gwen took a shining to anatomy and health, it made her feel good to make others ‘feel’ better. There was a vocational medical program at their school and the counselor had pulled some strings to get her into it early. Her grades and work also spoke to her capability to keep up with such an accelerated program. Gwen naturally excelled in the program. By the end of her sophomore year she had completed the entire program and was already enrolled in an honors accelerated program beginning college courses in the medical field.
StormOn that fateful day she returned home from school, which was an easy mile hike from the bus stop. Entering the home she found her father there feeding the woodstove…with pages from her text books! Her most prized possessions. She thought she’d had hidden them but he found them! She ran to retrieve what remained of them, but what she got was a swift backhand with one of the thick texts! It sent her reeling across the place. She went back a second time desperate to save what remained only this time, the strikes didn’t stop until she gave a swift defensive kick of her own sending her father reeling back hard against the woodstove. His big frame slammed into it toppling it! The coals and flames from in burst forth quickly engulfing everything. Gwen panicked and just started running, and running, and running. She ran until the wind suddenly picked up, a storm? On top of everything else! A limb came at her face she put her arms up to prepare for the blow, she never felt it, but couldn’t remember anything just after so it must have struck her!
PresentThe next thing Gwen knew she woke with a throbbing face, face down on the ground. Her brain simply said, ‘ya got yer sorry but knocked out’ shame ya didn’t die. Pushing herself up slowly, her eyes adjusting to the bright light. How long had I been out? Blinking she looked around, well she wasn’t in ‘Clay’ no more. Maybe I ‘did’ die, heaven maybe? No, no people like me didn’t go to heaven. Hallucinating, that’s what it was, a blow to the head and now I am hallucinating! That happened sometimes, she’d learned all about it in one of her classes regarding head injuries. Recalling the storm, she started to move the rest of her body, ascertaining if she had other injuries, everything else seemed intact. But then came voices, not too far away. She squinted and shaded her eyes to better see. (leaving room for possible connections to others if selected and warranted.)

Last edited by LdyZamara; 04-15-2017 at 06:57 PM.