DnD5e Storm Hollow: An Amazing Adventure - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2816
LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
Alright, Game is up, players have been chosen from interested ones.
Wow that was fast! Does this mean the invite is already void?
Old 05-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6374
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
No, i got your message and replied with the link
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16062
Old 05-07-2017, 01:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthilian01 View Post
No, i got your message and replied with the link
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16062
Much appreciated!
Old 09-01-2017, 08:12 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Recruitment now open! Looking for 3 players!

If you want to re-submit your character please repost it!

Last edited by Arthilian01; 09-01-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 09-03-2017, 07:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2111
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
If you are the slightest bit interested in this game submit an application. We would really like to keep this game going if we can get enough players. Artilian is a good DM to play with. He is creative, keeps the game interesting and gives your character options so your not stuck rolling your -1 skills.
Tower graduate #820
Old 09-04-2017, 04:17 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 726
PraetorGradivus PraetorGradivus PraetorGradivus PraetorGradivus PraetorGradivus PraetorGradivus PraetorGradivus
Martin Maldanado-Mazowiecki
left-aligned image

Ethnicity: Polish/Puerto Rican
Martin is the largest freshmen in his school- heck, he's the largest student in the school at 6'6".
While only having started playing basketball in his last year of elementary school, he's already been recruited to join the US National Team (Under 15 Bracket). He is not the most accurate shooter on the court, but he led all 8th Graders in blocked shots and defensive rebounds last year while being in the top 10 in offensive rebounds too. Before his amazing growth spurt, he was rather bookish and spent more time reading in his room rather than playing with other kids.

Do You Want To Super-Shrink That Order?
left-aligned image

Martin has found himself, well, short again... at 5'2" 120#, he's literally a shadow of his giant self.
Old 09-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Nice typing but you're character won't be physically changing as they transverse into Storm Hollow. I have to stick with the rules that I have already set for the other players.

Last edited by Arthilian01; 09-04-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorGradivus View Post
Martin Maldanado-Mazowiecki
left-aligned image

Ethnicity: Polish/Puerto Rican
Martin is the largest freshmen in his school- heck, he's the largest student in the school at 6'6".
While only having started playing basketball in his last year of elementary school, he's already been recruited to join the US National Team (Under 15 Bracket). He is not the most accurate shooter on the court, but he led all 8th Graders in blocked shots and defensive rebounds last year while being in the top 10 in offensive rebounds too. Before his amazing growth spurt, he was rather bookish and spent more time reading in his room rather than playing with other kids.

Do You Want To Super-Shrink That Order?
left-aligned image

Martin has found himself, well, short again... at 5'2" 120#, he's literally a shadow of his giant self.
Might need to bump up the age a bit too, 15-18 were the parameters.
Old 09-04-2017, 03:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Come on folks! Who has not watched the Dungeons and Dragons cartoon of old and not thought ...that would be so cool!! Especially back in the day?! Well here's your chance!! Come on you know you want to be a part of this!!
Old 09-04-2017, 07:02 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 92
Valuria
Name: Jason Butler

Ethnicity: White

Class: Warlock

Personality: Academically brilliant but socially inept. He yearns for intellectual engagement but has a hard time finding it, and as a result is frequently bored by his life. In a fit of boredom that occurred shortly before his disappearance to the new world, Jason taught himself computer hacking, which he's used for whatever suited his fancy at the time, rarely considering the results of his actions. Jason has only a few friends and has a somewhat difficult time dealing with anyone who he perceives as less intelligent than him with a single exception–artists. To Jason, a painting may as well be the inside of a black hole for all he understands of it, and so he has great respect for anyone capable of creating any form of art.

Physical Description:

Before: Jason is a fairly lazy and so scrawny person. He has almost no musculature to speak of and is rarely seen standing up completely straight. Everything about his appearance is lackluster, from his mannerisms to his clothes,which, before he was transported, were chosen for comfort not appearance. Thus, most of his clothes were loose-fitting and dark (the dark color makes them easier to wash) with little in the way of embellishments. He perpetually had dark circles under his eyes from long nights at his computer.

After: Jason found himself wearing loose dark pants, a gray doublet, and a dark blue cloak with a silver lining. The sleeves of his doublet have strange glyphs sewn into them in red that Jason can't help but feel troubled by, though he knows nothing of their meaning.

RP Sample: After 3 hours of scrolling through user data, Jason was on the brink of collapse. For the last week Jason had engaged himself in hacking his high school. At first there was nothing particular he wanted to do when he got in—maybe leave a few dirty messages between some of his least favorite teachers for the principal to discover or something of that sort. Not now though. Three days ago, Jason had an incredible idea. He was going to randomize every grade in the system right before report cards came out. He imagined the looks on the faces of parents of the people who spent all day studying because of some half-baked notion that it would make their lives better in the long run. He hoped that maybe if people could free themselves form such notions that maybe the world would be a more interesting place. Of course, none of them would ever match his intellect, but maybe a few would produce something to challenge him. All that stood between him and victory was the administrative password on the highest level of the school network. And all that stood between him and that password was...over three thousand lines of useless user data. Jason sighed as he rose from his chair for the first time all night. He thought that he could do with some sugar, so he began shambling towards the kitchen, bumping into a few walls on his way.

Once in the kitchen, he began pouring himself a glass of soda, when he, being both tired and clumsy, dropped the glass on the floor, shattering it into a hundred pieces.

"Alright," he muttered to himself under his breath, "All I need to do is move slowly and not step on anything. I can clean it up in the morning."

He took each step with care, placing his feet perfectly so as not to...

WHOOSH

Jason heard his feet slide out from under him as he began plummeting headfirst into a pile of glass. He didn't even have time to think before he hit the floor and felt the tiny blades—of dew-soaked grass that caressed his face as he hit the ground. When he'd recovered his wits, he looked around at the gorgeous meadow where he found himself.

He jumped to his feet as best he could and looked around, fascinated. He stared at the scenery for a moment before his heart sunk as he remembered one crucial detail: he hadn't turned his computer off. If anyone were to poke around in the school's network now... The thought brought a smile to his face. He couldn't help thinking of a police officer turning to his partner and saying, "Now where could he be hiding... Oh I know! He must have fallen into that pile of glass!" He began to laugh uncontrollably. A whole new world to explore... This was going to get interesting.

Last edited by Valuria; 09-05-2017 at 12:38 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Another app should be on it's way, hopefully!
Old 09-07-2017, 07:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 884
Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi
ApplicationName: Serah Shin

Ethnicity: Korean

Class: Sorcerer

Personality: Impatient. Sarcastic. Introverted Extrovert. Prefers spending time alone to spending time with people, a result of overbearing Asian parenting.

Description: (Before) Serah is a 5'7" 17 year old girl with long black hair usually tied back in a simple ponytail. Pretty (no makeup allowed per strict parents) but has what's referred to as a resting b---- face that does not invite conversation. Her default school wardrobe consists of nondescript loose tops (for modesty, again, strict parents) and jeans. (After) Her hair is held back from her face with a red ribbon but left free to fall down her back. She's wearing a short fit and flare black sleeveless dress (with pockets!) with a red inner lining over red leggings and tall black boots with a 2" chunky heel. On top she is wearing a black hooded long trench like Elektra's in the Defenderscoat with a red inner lining.

History: Serah never really fit in. The cool kids only talked to her when they wanted her to help with their homework, and she wasn't quite nerdy enough to be a nerd. Her strict parents made it difficult to have a social life, so she just gave up on having much of one at all. Her plan was to study hard and get a scholarship to escape living under her parents' thumb.

RP Sample: Serah woke with a disoriented jolt; she must have fallen asleep while reading. She squints and blinks her eyes, trying to adjust to the bright light. Did she leave the curtains open? Then she gasps, jumping to her feet and taking in her surroundings. She was standing at the banks of a large lake next to a forest. She could see snow capped mountains in the distance. What the hell? She takes a step back and stumbles over a rock, landing on her butt. Ow. She stares at her red-clad legs and knee-high boots and feels a moment of panic. Her parents would totally freak out if they saw her in this get up! She stands and looks down at her new outfit, both pleased at what she sees and terrified of her parents catching her wearing it ... But where was she? She stands up slowly and brushes leaves from her cool new coat. She takes a moment to take in the strangeness of her surroundings when a shadow passes overhead. She glances up to see what it is and nearly screams as she falls over onto her rear end again. She scrambles backwards into the shadowy protection of the trees. A dragon. She pinches herself hard enough to draw blood. Not a dream. She smiles, her first real smile in a long time. A dragon...
Old 09-07-2017, 07:26 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Very good applications, The only thing I would ask for now would be some pictures, Could be from the 'Real World' or once they are in Storm Hollows.
Old 09-10-2017, 02:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 476
olhado olhado olhado olhado olhado
Hmmm, I was going to go with a Sorcerer idea... Maybe I'll think up a different one.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 476
olhado olhado olhado olhado olhado
ApplicationName: Benjamin Thomas
Ethnicity: White
Class: Monk
Personality: Foul-mouthed and fatalistic. But just because you are a miserable piece of work, doesn't mean I won't knock your teeth in if you try and take it out on someone else!
Description:
Before
left-aligned image
Standing 5'7" or 5'8", wiry Ben alternates between a scowl and a sardonic smile on his face.
Beginning freshman year, his has done a deep dive into punk, giant mohawk, denim with requisite anarchy symbol, studs and chains, and, of course, jet black boots. Three years on, he's still rocking the look. No tattoos or piercings, though, Ben is too straightedge for that.

After
left-aligned image
Gone,
all of it gone. All that's left are these pajamas (at least they're black) and these weird-a** sandals (if I ever take them off, I'll never figure out how to get them back on)... No f***-in' way. Where the hell is my hair?!? That better grow back, or someone's going to pay.

History: Ben doesn't give a sh**. He's done the goody-two-shoes bit, he might even still have a certificate in his closet to prove it. But it's crap, it's all crap. That was middle school, little kid, fluffy-clouds-and-rainbows stupidity. Nah, the rules are just there to perpetuate all this bullsh**, he can see that now.

Now, Ben may not be the biggest guy, but he's damn sure tougher than you. Because you still worry about what people will say if you show up with a boo-boo. Just keep paying attention to his mile-high mohawk, though, and he'll put the beatdown on your face, brand you with the bottom of his Doc Martens.

Ben's favorite thing to do is take the first train into the city on the weekends, see some shows, stir some sh**, be alive. Life's too short to worry about other people worrying about you. So why does he still show up to school on Monday morning? That's where the cruelest crap, the worst garbage human beings are. Ben is there to put them on notice.
RP Sample: F***.

Okay, breathe. Whatever that guy did to me, when I find him again, he'll get it with interest.

Ben sat up gingerly, running his finders through his hair. Or he would have, had there been any hair left. Instead of his meticulously groomed mohawk, there was nothing but stubble.

F***. That guy is toast.

Now Ben looked down, and saw the robes he was dressed in, the stiff sandals instead of boots. He felt a pang of panic. Where the hell was he??? He jumped up spryly to his feet. The wind blew warmly through the waist-high grasses, the calming hiss all he could hear.

He first faced away from the winds, and saw, of all things, a castle. It looked like it came straight from a children's book, except it was real, there was no doubt about it. A sense of peace and welcoming grew in him, as he saw people crossing the river with wagons, riding through the castle gate.

A sudden gust of wind and dust caused Ben to turn around, and he was forced to take in the foreboding mountains, and the city nestled high therein.

CRACK!

Someone was approaching. No, several people, though how been could tell, he wasn't sure. There was murmuring and grunting, the clattering of items loosely secured in a cart. With hardly any effort, Ben deftly climbed a nearby tree, acrobatically swing on a branch to launch himself high up among the leaves.

Whoa.

OOC@Arthilian01: I amped up the foul-mouthed nature of Ben, but I can easily ratchet it back to more PG levels, if that's more in line with the game.